Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:33:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719058 times)
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:54:11 PM

hope DIONS will release soon

An update would be good considering the ETA was a full week ago.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
fastkiller

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 05:35:38 PM

hope DIONS will release soon

An update would be good considering the ETA was a full week ago.

Plenty of updates in the slack channel.
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:05:58 PM

Slack channel updates don't help those who check here.
tradingshitcoins

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 06:53:17 PM

Yea they do. I checked here, saw the slack link, went there, got my updates. It just so happens that the majority of people on this site are fucking dumb, and therefore can't do that.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 10:37:19 PM

Feel better now?
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 06:56:13 AM

Yea they do. I checked here, saw the slack link, went there, got my updates. It just so happens that the majority of people on this site are fucking dumb, and therefore can't do that.

I am banned from IOC Slack chat.  So the only update i get to see are here (which are very few and far between)  and twitter, again, very few and hard between.

So not everyone has access to slack chat.  So in light of this, the updates are poor at this time when DIONS BETA was meant to be out 1 week ago, an update just saying hows it going and why the slight delay would of been great.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
tradingshitcoins

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 07:11:08 AM

I am banned from IOC Slack chat.  So the only update i get to see are here (which are very few and far between)  and twitter, again, very few and hard between.

So not everyone has access to slack chat.  So in light of this, the updates are poor at this time when DIONS BETA was meant to be out 1 week ago, an update just saying hows it going and why the slight delay would of been great.

Why are you banned, faggot?
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 08:21:28 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2016, 08:31:31 AM by MrWhiteBites

I am banned from IOC Slack chat.  So the only update i get to see are here (which are very few and far between)  and twitter, again, very few and hard between.

So not everyone has access to slack chat.  So in light of this, the updates are poor at this time when DIONS BETA was meant to be out 1 week ago, an update just saying hows it going and why the slight delay would of been great.

Why are you banned, faggot?

You're funny..... to look at.  

I have invested more money into ioc than 99% of people here.
I have gave away much more than you own , over 400k IOC.
Much more than your tiny little bag you keep your tiny little balls in.

I was banned because i dont mince my words and i tell things how i see them.

Updates around here are terrible, daily volume on poloniex is a complete joke and shitcoin levels, 1.2BTC for today for example.

IOC is in serious danger of having the best tech, but no one using it, no investor is going to take any alt coin serious that has less than 100BTC daily vol.

Also, if anyone wants to buy BIG chunks of IOC 100k min per order, i am happy to sell OTC  at 25k satoshi.

PS: i have been here since day 1.  In fact before day one because i was part of the group who first talked about making IOC.

fastkiller

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 11:46:07 AM

@channel: General update…Derek is working on code for the transfer of public keys via the wallet for the public/private key encryption scheme. Ophie is working on updating the front end design to make sure the wallet is eye candy, easy to use and unique as well as having a strong back-end from Derek. Joel and I are looking for a possible additional developer for skill-set overlap(to help all developers where needed and work on individually assigned tasks) that has a strong Java/Node.js/Linux/Windows/OS X/PKI etc. set of skills to speed up development as well as assist with testing and review. I am working on testing compiled code for the daemon(back-end) and the GUI(front-end) on a laptop for general usability, communication with the blockchain and documenting compilation steps. Currently Using Debian 8 for this. Hoping to see @joelbosh when I visit Miami this weekend. Thank you all for the support you have shown us. (Sam)

@channel: Ok folks so Derek and the team spent today testing the messaging all is verified working fine with both
public key imports across dions test nodes and subsequent encrypted message sending. We are aiming to get the wallet UI changes for this in place now. Continuing the push for beta (Joel)

@richardg: if you get a chance to update the community in the ann thread would be great maybe a link to come in slack for latest details on beta (Joel)

Latest updates from Sam and Joel in the slack.

Hope it helps the non-slackers amongst us. Whatever their reasons for not slacking may be. I won't judge
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:33:23 PM

Thank you and no reason to judge.  Some of us just do not have time to watch slack for several coins while making a living at the same time.  Much easier to see summary updates when browsing through a bunch of projects.

dranster

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 12:35:46 PM

One of the most undervalued coins in Crypto-universe...

I think we need more exposure, marketing stuffs and more

Nobody really talks about I/O Coin even in the trollbox, where everything takes place
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 01:41:43 PM

@channel: General update…Derek is working on code for the transfer of public keys via the wallet for the public/private key encryption scheme. Ophie is working on updating the front end design to make sure the wallet is eye candy, easy to use and unique as well as having a strong back-end from Derek. Joel and I are looking for a possible additional developer for skill-set overlap(to help all developers where needed and work on individually assigned tasks) that has a strong Java/Node.js/Linux/Windows/OS X/PKI etc. set of skills to speed up development as well as assist with testing and review. I am working on testing compiled code for the daemon(back-end) and the GUI(front-end) on a laptop for general usability, communication with the blockchain and documenting compilation steps. Currently Using Debian 8 for this. Hoping to see @joelbosh when I visit Miami this weekend. Thank you all for the support you have shown us. (Sam)

@channel: Ok folks so Derek and the team spent today testing the messaging all is verified working fine with both
public key imports across dions test nodes and subsequent encrypted message sending. We are aiming to get the wallet UI changes for this in place now. Continuing the push for beta (Joel)

@richardg: if you get a chance to update the community in the ann thread would be great maybe a link to come in slack for latest details on beta (Joel)

Latest updates from Sam and Joel in the slack.

Hope it helps the non-slackers amongst us. Whatever their reasons for not slacking may be. I won't judge

THANK YOU  !   This is great, i do not have access to slack as i mentioned before, so good to post this for all people who do not use slack.

cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 13, 2016, 06:11:13 PM

quiet before the storm? seems to be a lot of positive chatter here
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 10:33:27 AM

Been holiday season in the Netherlands. So was a bit silent from my end.
I was away for three weeks and Joel / Sam / Derek continued working.

Two weeks of relaxing and one week i suppose to do so, but due to personal / family circumstances we just could not relax.
Two uncles of my wife died the last week (cancer) and my father- and mother in law had a heavy car accident when they were returning home (from southern france to Holland)  to attend for the funeral. (they were on our holiday spot for a week as well). Car wrecked and caravan as well. They are physically fine and we managed to get them back to the Netherlands in time to attend. So a rough last week. If i see messages in here talking about the lack of updates: we continued to work and i was on a holiday with some personal stuff to take care as well.

So yes, updates were scarce maybe for people that are not on Slack. We like to post updates on Slack so we have people close to us.
The more major updates will be done on BCT, Facebook and other channels.

Coming Friday ( http://meetu.ps/e/BSKqT/sZrkH/d ) i will be attending a panel discussion at the Amsterdam Legal Hackers gathering.
The panel has some great people in it and i am looking forward for the discussion with them and the audience.
We will be discussing legal implications combined with the usage of Blockchain technology.
A very good way to mention I/O Digital and our plans.

After that in a few weeks I will be present at Bitcoin Meetup in Amsterdam as well.

Cheers,
Richard
dranster

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 10:39:55 AM

Two weeks of relaxing and one week i suppose to do so, but due to personal / family circumstances we just could not relax.
Two uncles of my wife died the last week (cancer) and my father- and mother in law had a heavy car accident when they were returning home (from southern france to Holland)  to attend for the funeral. (they were on our holiday spot for a week as well). Car wrecked and caravan as well. They are physically fine and we managed to get them back to the Netherlands in time to attend. So a rough last week. If i see messages in here talking about the lack of updates: we continued to work and i was on a holiday with some personal stuff to take care as well.

So yes, updates were scarce maybe for people that are not on Slack. We like to post updates on Slack so we have people close to us.

Coming Friday ( http://meetu.ps/e/BSKqT/sZrkH/d ) i will be attending a panel discussion at the Amsterdam Legal Hackers gathering.
The panel has some great people in it and i am looking forward for the discussion with them and the audience.
We will be discussing legal implications combined with the usage of Blockchain technology.

After that in a few weeks I will be present at Bitcoin Meetup in Amsterdam as well.

Cheers,
Richard

Really sorry about those bad incidents. Hope they recover back soon fast and be back up. Hard times.

Thanks for providing updates in critical situations like these and still attending the coming meetup.

Good Luck to your family members, take care.
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 02:03:02 PM

Cheers,
Richard

Really sorry about those bad incidents. Hope they recover back soon fast and be back up. Hard times.

Thanks for providing updates in critical situations like these and still attending the coming meetup.

Good Luck to your family members, take care.

Really hard time of things Richard, i hope things will get better and your Father and Mother-in-law will get well soon, must be really shocking.

The meeting on Friday looks good i am sure you will learn a few things there, maybe find someone to really "stress test" the Dions network also.

fastkiller

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 08:05:20 PM

@channel: DIONS UPDATE: We’ve continued on today and the wallet UI side of messaging is nearly ready. For this preliminary beta version, we are using a page showing a list of imported rsa keys each of which can be selected for the sending of an encrypted message. After initial beta release we will be polishing this up, for example the public key import friends will lend itself nicely to being termed some form of "private friends list".

We will be focusing on running  this beta version with sam and his testnet environment.  This initial phase will be on linux. Meanwhile we will also address some cross compile issues but in the meantime nothing should get in the way of our beta testing this week. Let’s keep the good vives… Thanks Community (Joel)

Latest update from Slack.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2016, 08:20:17 PM

Thank you for the update.  Take care of your family, much more important!
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 12:36:18 AM

My thoughts and hopefully thoughts of ioc community are with you and your family mr groen. may your inlaws have a speedy recovery, both physically and emotionally.

Also, good luck with the upcoming meetups.

I see some updates here about the functioning of dions, but what of updates as to the status of ioc the organization?
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
August 16, 2016, 03:21:11 PM

Do you want updates seconds after release? Subscribe to our Slack channel.
Small updates will be posted there first www.iodigital.io/slack

===

Update:
Derek has commissioned sam to spin up reference servers for compiling the wallet on windows and osx for beta, this means over the next 48hrs Sam will be deploying these environments to begin compiling work of our DIONS beta wallets. Once sam deploys this environments we will be working on compiling errors that may come up to get the backend compiled. DIONS wallet backend is already working in linux (Alpha1). We continue the push for beta.

We want to address Why DIONS has been delayed for the ones who have asked. We had a situation early on were development became way too “C" advanced for Pat, our java developer, and Derek (our Lead Developer) had to basically push on his own with the back end and front end to get it all put together. Pat however had initially gotten us all the major java plugs of our wallet to a certain point, witch was far enough for Derek to continue on the work. So think of it like this, Derek has had to do the job of 2 developers for a better part of the project.

We had carefully vetted a few candidates to come in and work but it was still too “C" advanced for this candidates in what was required for them to do with java. This brought some more delays as Derek was having to explain in detail steps what needed to be done. Derek pressed on and now we are closing in on Beta. There has been internal discussion on how to better move ahead for the future developments while also safeguarding the code, this is something that we are looking to address for chameleon. Usually open source projects are developed in an open format in github or bitbucket.

This then lends itself for independent developers to want to participate in code development but it also leaves open the code to be copied and cloned, there for a copycat coin could be produced claiming to have our features, or another project could just take the code but using some of our code work even before we could release. Never the less our strong belief is that Blockchain projects are to be open source as it ensures proper vetting and further advances the entire decentralized ecosystem. In our unique case most of the development has been privately funded from day 1 and I personally hope that at some point our community is big and strong enough to have proper community participation in all aspects of the project. For now we continue to push full time to DIONS  and we are looking great.

Thanks for your support,

I/O Digital team
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: