Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:52:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 718965 times)
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:19:03 PM

awesome, a heartfelt thank you to you sir, for providing your expertise to this project.
if you could,  please provide ioc wallet address so we can show our appreciation.

It is a pleasure Smiley

IOC address appended to Pi wallet post above.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:34:05 PM

Purchased an Pi today. Hope i can check it out this week!
Lets be the most environmentally friendly staking community out there ;-)

Cheers
Richard
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:24:07 PM

awesome, a heartfelt thank you to you sir, for providing your expertise to this project.
if you could,  please provide ioc wallet address so we can show our appreciation.

It is a pleasure Smiley

I just sent the 1,000 ioc I pledged.

thanks

now off to shovel snow  Smiley....a lot of snow
LondonMP

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:31:36 PM

It is a pleasure Smiley

Thank you very much jc12345, I don't currently own a pi and your post raised my curiosity. I'll probably get one soon Smiley, in the meantime, I have just sent some coins your way, thanks again

MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:59:00 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2016, 09:54:21 PM by MrWhiteBites

Here are the Raspberry Pi wallets for IOCoin. Only the headless daemon (command line) wallet is included.

Important:
1) Always backup your wallet.dat first before you do anything
2) The wallet was built on Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7) running Raspbian Wheezy (v7) as well as Jessie (v8) and the instructions and scripts assume you are running as user "pi". It is a pre-requisite to have either Raspbian Wheezy or Jessie installed on your Pi micro-SD card. You can find instructions of how to do this on https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ by either installing n00bs and selecting your OS or by downloading the image for one of the 2 versions of the OS.
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/iocoin or /home/pi/opt/iocoin
4) To run the wallet go to the directory with the wallets and run the daemon (iocoind_jessie or iocoin_wheezy depending on which version of the OS you have installed) with the options you want at the command prompt or in a terminal window
5) An Internet connection is required for the installation
6) A bootstrap.dat is available to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 734407. The installation script does not force the install of the bootstrap.dat as it is very large. You need to manually download it, unzip it and place the bootstrap.dat in the ~/.iocoin folder and then run the wallet.
7) The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets. Windows users just have to copy the bootstrap.dat file into their c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin folder and run the Win client again
8.) You need at least an 8GB memory card for the wallet.
9) The installation itself takes about 30-45min on an out-of-the-box Pi, but due to the large chain it will take a few hours to import the blockchain.
10) You cannot just download the dynamic wallets, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run.
11) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the ports you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers from the command line.
12) Always verify the checksums when you download files to make sure it was downloaded ok. To verify the checksums on your Pi, go to the ~/opt/iocoin folder and execute sha256sum <filename> and md5sum <filename> and compare the values with the values in the checksums.txt file. Do the same for the bootstrap.dat

Instructions to use the headless command line daemon wallet:

1) The installation script creates an iocoin.conf file with the startup settings in it. Go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/iocoin and enter ./iocoind_jessie or ./iocoind_wheezy (depending on which version of the OS you installed) in a terminal window to start the server
2) After the blockchain has been imported you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./iocoind_jessie or ./iocoind_wheezy eg. ./iocoin_jessy getinfo. During the first time blockchain import process the wallet will be non-responsive in the sense that it will say it cannot connect to the wallet. Just wait for the import to finish and the wallet will become responsive again.
3) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
4) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./iocoind_jessie encryptwallet <yourpassword> or ./iocoind_wheezy encryptwallet <yourpassword>

Let me know about any issues that you may encounter.

To kickstart the installation execute the following commands at the command prompt or in a terminal window on your Pi.

Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin/downloads/ioc_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x ioc_installation_pi.sh && ./ioc_installation_pi.sh && rm -f ioc_installation_pi*

Direct links:
Link to wallet installation script
Link to IOCoin wallet for jessie
Link to IOCoin wallet for wheezy
Link to virustotal scan for iocoind_jessie
Link to virustotal scan for iocoind_wheezy
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 734407 (238MB)
Link to checksums.txt

A BIG Thank You JC fantastic work, really great.    I see people have sent you the donations also, i just sent yours.
(will need a partial refund, opps)  Shocked

I sent JC 25,000 IOC by mistake and he returned the overpayment to me instantly! A Top Lad! Very Honest, like his work!

Can you also take a look at the new HTML wallet when it is released and hopefully it will be possible to do the same for the new wallet with the Pi 2.

Maybe the IOC team here will make you the Pi guy for I/OCoin Wink You have a great work ethic and honest and reliable, so would be a great addition to the team.

I hope many people here will buy a Pi 2, they are only $50 and you can do all sorts with them, amazing little machines.

They only use a couple of watts electric also! Very quiet with heat sinks and you can happily stake you  IOC coins every day 24/7 and get the most rewards. Raspberry Pi's are amazingly popular and endless possibilities.  I will have mine Tuesday and get up and running.

Many thanks Simon.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
cohnhead

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 05:50:01 PM

It is a pleasure Smiley

should this work on an older pi...I have a Raspberry Pi 1 Model B that I bought awhile ago but never used?
SamInTampa

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 08:12:18 PM

Here are the Raspberry Pi wallets for IOCoin. Only the headless daemon (command line) wallet is included.

Important:
2) The wallet was built on Raspberry Pi2 (ARM7) running Raspbian Wheezy (v7) as well as Jessie (v8) and the instructions and scripts assume you are running as user "pi". It is a pre-requisite to have either Raspbian Wheezy or Jessie installed on your Pi micro-SD card. You can find instructions of how to do this on https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/ by either installing n00bs and selecting your OS or by downloading the image for one of the 2 versions of the OS.
3) Installation directory where the binaries are installed is ~/opt/iocoin or /home/pi/opt/iocoin
4) To run the wallet go to the directory with the wallets and run the daemon (iocoind_jessie or iocoin_wheezy depending on which version of the OS you have installed) with the options you want at the command prompt or in a terminal window
6) A bootstrap.dat is available to fast track the blockchain sync - up to block 734407. The installation script does not force the install of the bootstrap.dat as it is very large. You need to manually download it, unzip it and place the bootstrap.dat in the ~/.iocoin folder and then run the wallet.
7) The bootstrap.dat also works for Windows wallets. Windows users just have to copy the bootstrap.dat file into their c\users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\IOCoin folder and run the Win client again
9) The installation itself takes about 30-45min on an out-of-the-box Pi, but due to the large chain it will take a few hours to import the blockchain.
10) You cannot just download the dynamic wallets, you have to run the script to get the dependencies as well else it will not run.
11) The installation script does not enable the UFW firewall by default. If you want to enable it, uncomment the UFW lines in the script and add the ports you want open and run it again or enable it manually by running the UFW commands as in the script with the correct port numbers from the command line.
12) Always verify the checksums when you download files to make sure it was downloaded ok. To verify the checksums on your Pi, go to the ~/opt/iocoin folder and execute sha256sum <filename> and md5sum <filename> and compare the values with the values in the checksums.txt file. Do the same for the bootstrap.dat

1) The installation script creates an iocoin.conf file with the startup settings in it. Go to the folder with the binaries ~/opt/iocoin and enter ./iocoind_jessie or ./iocoind_wheezy (depending on which version of the OS you installed) in a terminal window to start the server
2) After the blockchain has been imported you can enter the normal wallet commands that you would as in a Windows debug console preceded with ./iocoind_jessie or ./iocoind_wheezy eg. ./iocoin_jessy getinfo. During the first time blockchain import process the wallet will be non-responsive in the sense that it will say it cannot connect to the wallet. Just wait for the import to finish and the wallet will become responsive again.
3) Remember to always make a backup of your wallet.dat file before you do anything like encrypting it
4) To encrypt your wallet run the command ./iocoind_jessie encryptwallet <yourpassword> or ./iocoind_wheezy encryptwallet <yourpassword>
5) Once you have the wallet running, blockchain imported and your wallet with coins on the Pi, then you can kickstart staking by executing ./iocoind_jessie walletpasshprase <yourwalletpassword> 99999999 true or ./iocoind_wheezy walletpasshprase <yourwalletpassword> 99999999 true

To kickstart the installation execute the following commands at the command prompt or in a terminal window on your Pi.

Code:
wget https://bitbucket.org/jc12345/iocoin/downloads/ioc_installation_pi.sh && chmod +x ioc_installation_pi.sh && ./ioc_installation_pi.sh && rm -f ioc_installation_pi*

Direct links:
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 734407 (228MB)
Link to checksums.txt

IOC address : idYs21ShUEQQz5QWJmTDwRBeWceRaUQLxp

jc12345,

Thank you for posting this. We truly appreciate your effort in putting this together. I/O Coin & I/O Digital staff does not at this point endorse using this wallet/method. While it may work very well and have no issues, it was not an internal development. We will be reviewing the instructions, code, wallet as well as the bootstrap to ensure is has no negative impact on the community, IOC, the blockchain, etc. Until this occurs...if one chooses to use this, they are doing so at their own risk. This in no way is an indication that this isn't the perfect solution for the Raspberry Pi. The team just wants to ensure we do our due diligence before we endorse this method. Again, thank you for putting this together and we are beginning the review and testing process immediately. After speaking with Joel and Richard...the 3 of us will each donate 1500 IOC to you for a total of 4500 IOC if everything in the code, bootstrap, wallet, testing on the Raspberry Pi, etc looks good and goes well.

Thank you,

Sam & the I/O Team
SamInTampa

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 08:49:20 PM

Purchased an Pi today. Hope i can check it out this week!
Lets be the most environmentally friendly staking community out there ;-)

Cheers
Richard

What version did you get? Did you get a kit? I'm going to start looking at this wallet later today after a few errands.

Sam
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:58:45 PM

Important:

5) Once you have the wallet running, blockchain imported and your wallet with coins on the Pi, then you can kickstart staking by executing ./iocoind_jessie walletpasshprase <yourwalletpassword> 99999999 true or ./iocoind_wheezy walletpasshprase <yourwalletpassword> 99999999 true

Code:

Direct links:
Link to bootstrap.dat up to block 734407 (228MB)
Link to checksums.txt

IOC address : idYs21ShUEQQz5QWJmTDwRBeWceRaUQLxp

jc12345,

Thank you for posting this. We truly appreciate your effort in putting this together. I/O Coin & I/O Digital staff does not at this point endorse using this wallet/method. While it may work very well and have no issues, it was not an internal development. We will be reviewing the instructions, code, wallet as well as the bootstrap to ensure is has no negative impact on the community, IOC, the blockchain, etc. Until this occurs...if one chooses to use this, they are doing so at their own risk. This in no way is an indication that this isn't the perfect solution for the Raspberry Pi. The team just wants to ensure we do our due diligence before we endorse this method. Again, thank you for putting this together and we are beginning the review and testing process immediately. After speaking with Joel and Richard...the 3 of us will each donate 1500 IOC to you for a total of 4500 IOC if everything in the code, bootstrap, wallet, testing on the Raspberry Pi, etc looks good and goes well.

Thank you,

Sam & the I/O Team

Thank you IOC Team Members.  You guys are great! As always looknig after the community and making sure all the coins people have are safe and secure. I am sure everything will be Spot On with the Code, JC is a stand up guy, i sent him 25,000  IOC by mistake (thats over 1BTC) and he refunded the 22,500 instantly.  So someone honest and genuine like this would be really great to help IOC, which i hope he agrees to help you out.

Also, looking on twitter, i see you have sent your Master Plan to the Venture Capitalists, good luck guys you deserve it!

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 02:26:47 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2016, 03:30:08 AM by jc12345

Thanks for the incentives!

I spent some more time and looked into the Qt5 issue. I managed to solve it so that Qt5 wallets can be widely distributed but only when using Raspbian Jessie. I have updated the Pi instructions post to have 2 installation scripts, one for Wheezy (only headless wallet) and one for Jessie (headless and Qt5 wallets)

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 05:35:29 AM

I've been buying coins for the last while. This coin looks good but are the devs still working on new innovations?

MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 08:14:06 AM

I've been buying coins for the last while. This coin looks good but are the devs still working on new innovations?

Hell Yeah they are!  > http://www.iodigital.io/roadmap/roadmap-status/

Make sure to check the whitepaper also found on the first post here.  Lots of fantastic developments in the making.

MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 08:16:06 AM

I spent some more time and looked into the Qt5 issue. I managed to solve it so that Qt5 wallets can be widely distributed but only when using Raspbian Jessie. I have updated the Pi instructions post to have 2 installation scripts, one for Wheezy (only headless wallet) and one for Jessie (headless and Qt5 wallets)

JC this is GREAT! this is exactly what i had in mind when running the wallet for the Pi.  It is much nicer and gives people more confidence when they can see te "usual" look and layout of the wallet, this is an important addition.    Really pleased you were able to do this, thank you.

For more info on Raspbian Jessie please see/read > https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbian-jessie-is-here/

cohnhead

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 08:36:29 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2016, 09:39:41 AM by cohnhead

JC this is GREAT! this is exactly what i had in mind when running the wallet for the Pi.  It is much nicer and gives people more confidence when they can see te "usual" look and layout of the wallet, this is an important addition.    Really pleased you were able to do this, thank you.

For more info on Raspbian Jessie please see/read > https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbian-jessie-is-here/

can I ask what size sd card you are using. I just ran the script for Jessie on an 8gb card, and at end ..error message came up that there was not enough space to make directories ....hmmm. am now trying with 16gb
also the model pi I am using has 512 ram....will that be an issue?
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 10:52:14 AM

I was wondering. Could the PI also work with the HTML5 wallet?
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
Last edit: January 24, 2016, 06:55:51 PM by jc12345

can I ask what size sd card you are using. I just ran the script for Jessie on an 8gb card, and at end ..error message came up that there was not enough space to make directories ....hmmm. am now trying with 16gb

I have tested the script on an 8GB card and it works perfectly. The installation takes about 500MB of space excluding the blockchain.  You might have made a mistake with preparation of the SD card.

You have to do the following things:
1. Download the Raspbian Jessie image https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_latest
2. Unzip and burn the image to your card, 8GB or higher. You get different tools for this and if you use a Mac you can use Apple Pi Baker v1.81
3. Boot up from the card and do the setup.
4. At the command prompt run sudo raspi-config
5. In raspi-config click on expand file system so that your whole card becomes one big partition. This will leave about 3.5GB free of the 8GB card and you will have ample space for the script.
6. You can also setup other things in raspi-config like your localized settings, hostname, password etc.
7. This is most probably a superfluous comment, but at the command prompt type startx to bring up the graphical interface where you can then launch the Qt wallet.

Regarding your question on the 512MB memory - I do not have an older ARM6 processor Pi with 512MB memory so I cannot tell you if it will work. Chances are good though that it will work on your version.
cohnhead

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:01:50 PM

I have tested the script on an 8GB card and it works perfectly. The installation takes about 500MB of space excluding the blockchain.  You might have made a mistake with preparation of the SD card.

1. Download the Raspbian Jessie image https://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian_latest
2. Unzip and burn the image to your card, 8GB or higher. You get different tools for this and if you use a Mac you can use Apple Pi Baker v1.81
5. In raspi-config click on expand file system so that your whole card becomes one big partition. This will leave about 3.5GB free of the 8GB card and you will have ample space for the script.
6. You can also setup other things in raspi-config like your localized settings, hostname, password etc.

Regarding your question on the 512MB memory - I do not have an older ARM6 processor Pi with 512MB memory so I cannot tell you if it will work. Chances are good though that it will work on your version.
looks like I never expanded file system, which I just did. thanks.

windows  - using sd formatter V4.0 and win32disk imager

in regards to options settings on sd formatter....should "format size adjustment" be on or off? I saw a video which said to set to "on"
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:05:55 PM

I have tested the script on an 8GB card and it works perfectly. The installation takes about 500MB of space excluding the blockchain.  You might have made a mistake with preparation of the SD card.

7. This is most probably a superfluous comment, but at the command prompt type startx to bring up the graphical interface where you can then launch the Qt wallet.

2- Read here > https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/installation/installing-images/  
on how to write a image to a memory card (all good fun to learn) for windows, mac and linux.

It is quite technical, but i hope to be able to write a full step by step guide by this time next week, along with a you tube vio and screen shots step by step

JC
#6 you can password protect the Pi i presume, so you dont need anti-virus on it?
#7 "at the command prompt" do you first have to open the command prompt?

Also IOC Pi Stakers, make sure to bookmark this page > http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/15-useful-commands-every-raspberry-pi-user-should-know/

Also join groups for Pi's and on Facebook there are several. (in many languages)

It is like anything, tricky at first, but soon will become second nature.

Also JC, is it possible to have everything on a memory card for a user to simply put the card inside the Pi "boot" it and the wallet will be there like desktop to click and run?

I am thinking if it is too difficult for people, i, or yourself could install everything on one card to  sell (at more or less cost) to people here, to make it as easy as possible for them to use the QT wallet (hopefully in future, the HTML wallet also)on the Pi

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 07:35:15 PM

JC
#6 you can password protect the Pi i presume, so you dont need anti-virus on it?

The Pi password has nothing to do with anti-virus. The Pi like any Linux/Unix machine has many things that can be configured for security and security practices that can be followed. Part of the domain covers good password management and another malware management if you want to go to that level of depth.

#7 "at the command prompt" do you first have to open the command prompt?

When the Pi boots up from the card it ends at a command prompt after you authenticated your user account. It is not something that has to be "opened". The GUI on the other hand has to be started, either manually or automatically during boot.

Also JC, is it possible to have everything on a memory card for a user to simply put the card inside the Pi "boot" it and the wallet will be there like desktop to click and run?

If you execute the script I posted on a raw Jessie loaded Pi it does exactly that - the wallet is there as an icon on the desktop to run. However it requires some preparation of the card as well as downloading the blockchain. It is possible to make an 8GB image of a prepared card that if burned to another card will boot up to a fully prepared Pi with the new card. The image is 8GB and could be burned to a card for someone or the person can download it and burn it to his card on his own.

I am thinking if it is too difficult for people, i, or yourself could install everything on one card to  sell (at more or less cost) to people here, to make it as easy as possible for them to use the QT wallet (hopefully in future, the HTML wallet also)on the Pi

I dont think anything should be sold as a principle. if there is a server that can take 8GB files with lots of bandwidth, people can rather download the image and burn to their cards. Or if someone can start a bittorent with the image it can also work p2p. it is possible to burn the 8GB image to  larger card and just resize the partition to the max of the new card.
cohnhead

View Profile
January 24, 2016, 10:30:25 PM

finally after fixing configuration on size of sd card everything seems perfect.

wow awesome. thank you jc

only problem Im having now is downloading bootstrap file....so im just letting it sync for now.
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: