Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:27:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719061 times)
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 11:39:09 AM

Hey all,

I seen the message in the poloniex chat box. Be aware, this is a "trollbox".
Don't just read these things and think they are true. Contact us directly if you have questions!!!

If people are still thinking that this is not a legit project then we really don't know how to prove that we are. On the other hand, just do your research.
Every time the price jumps people are asking the same questions. Questions are good and we will answer them. If questions second guess our integrity then yes we can be a bit offended. sorry for that.

Like Joel said, we have been developing actively for the last two years and putting a LOT of money from our own pockets to pay for everything.
We are public and people know who we are. We are very transparant and very approachable for community members. At least we think we are.
If people think thats not, then suggestions are welcome.

Sometimes with all these trolls i get the idea that their feeling is that they are putting their money into the development team when they buy IOC.
Like if we have to account to them for what we do? Do they pay our bills? No they don't. We are spending hundreds of hours of our spare time for the project.

These people talk about "investing". In what do they invest?
Not in the team, nor in the development. No they invest for their own pockets and revenue with trading.

Again, if you have any questions, just contact us.. you know where to find us.

Richard
rianwarcil

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 11:42:13 AM

I Remember when IOCOIN going down for 500 Satoshi. But now current prize worth as 60K Satoshi. OMG This are good cryptocurrencies, Good job team and dev.
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:28:16 PM

I Remember when IOCOIN going down for 500 Satoshi. But now current prize worth as 60K Satoshi. OMG This are good cryptocurrencies, Good job team and dev.

Yes! IOC from day 1 has shown nothing buy hard work and dedication, from the launch when it went to 10k and soon after, back stabbing bastards Well gone from IOC) dumped it to the ground. But did Joel ever talk about quitting?  NEVER!

All Joel has talked about is how he is the captain of this ship and he will be the last man standing.  Guess what, this man will be standing head and shoulders above all in Crypto with what is happening here and with all my heart, it really could not happen to a more deserving guy, i know what he has gone though and is going through in his personal life and to do what he has done and is doing with IOC deserves the top recommendation known to man, if he was a solider he would get a Purple Heart, that is for sure.

I stand and salute all the IOC team, they are the best in the world.  These sells walls wont be there for long also, just like i said about the ones in the 25-30k region. These will soon get blown away.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:37:42 PM

why dions is being closed sourced while its developed has been answered time n time again. Theres a huge seperation between your avg crypto project and here.  

correct. People are always comparing other projects to ours instead of the other way around.
We do not follow the rest, we pave our own path and set the standards. Like the closed source being of DIONS / Chameleon.
That will not last like we said but we have our reasoning to start closed source. Also because we have a really bigger picture for this all that relies on these projects.
We need to secure that bigger picture. Like said before, the pieces of the puzzle will all come together in the end.

Richard
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 12:40:13 PM

why dions is being closed sourced while its developed has been answered time n time again. Theres a huge seperation between your avg crypto project and here.  

Where is your signature Solider!

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 02:42:11 PM

correct. People are always comparing other projects to ours instead of the other way around.
We do not follow the rest, we pave our own path and set the standards. Like the closed source being of DIONS / Chameleon.
That will not last like we said but we have our reasoning to start closed source. Also because we have a really bigger picture for this all that relies on these projects.
We need to secure that bigger picture. Like said before, the pieces of the puzzle will all come together in the end.

Richard
I hope the team here doesnt share that narrow thinking that i just explained is not problem.. i hope you dont label me as fud since i got real questions coming from someone who wrote something innovative and chose open source yet dont have any problems... to think your picture is bigger than others is complete bs and lacks clarity in thinking about the issue here. Please go back and read my post again. Ill wait for a technical response.
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:09:15 PM

I am really struggling with open source for anything put out the to public.  I believe it is correct that open sourced projects are still best left to the creators for speed and reliability in fixing bugs or enhancing the code.  But, I also know that if there is money to be made off stealing code, it will be stolen.  Tough question to answer.  I believe these guys have stated that they will open source once they are set up the way they want to be.

It still comes down to: Either you like what you see and choose to invest, or you do not and choose to go somewhere else.  No one would be sizing this up if they were not either interested in the tech or in making money in the coin.

At this point, all coins are still pretty much gambling.  They are not mainstream yet, as we all know.  Teams like this one are doing there best to get there, but it will be well down the road before this is an established trade.

As far as specific questions, those are best left to the Devs, they are capable of answering for themselves.

Personally, I would finish my product and let it speak for itself.  If you are good enough to see technical holes in a project and you do not agree with it, make one yourself and let yours do all your talking for you.  Free market is wonderful!

kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:13:19 PM

Richard
I hope the team here doesnt share that narrow thinking that i just explained is not problem.. i hope you dont label me as fud since i got real questions coming from someone who wrote something innovative and chose open source yet dont have any problems... to think your picture is bigger than others is complete bs and lacks clarity in thinking about the issue here. Please go back and read my post again. Ill wait for a technical response.

Your own work is always bigger than anyone else's or you wouldn't have made the effort.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:23:18 PM

Richard

Your own work is always bigger than anyone else's or you wouldn't have made the effort.
If everyone thought like you there wouldnt be a term called open source. Infact we wouldnt have open collaboration and we probably would have regulated the internet to ruins by now
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:27:26 PM

Richard

If everyone thought like you there wouldnt be a term called open source. Infact we wouldnt have open collaboration and we probably would have regulated the internet to ruins by now

Yeah, ok.  Please post a credit to all the people that made it possible for YOU to create something.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 03:51:26 PM

People are still free to create product however they would like to.  Just because they do not in a way you like does not make it wrong. That is why you get to choose to participate or not. 

To call out someone else's strategy as B.S. because you don't like it is doing exactly what you are trying to call out.

The bigger picture is their own vision, not yours or mine.  That is why it is their project.  Not yours or mine. 

Even an open sourced project is the product of a an individual's own version of a bigger picture that they chose to take the time to try and create.  None of them pop out of then air. 

If you want answers from the devs, ask questions without the insults.  It is the insults that smell of FUD, not the questions.

LondonMP

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 04:03:15 PM

Dear Trolls

Respectfully, i would like to say that I personally don't care about a word you say, and if you know this community just a tiny bit, then you would know by now that most of them don't care either  Cheesy.

However, I would have probably read/listened to what you have to say if you don't come here patronising and condescending people who have been around the coin from pretty much its beginning. Most of your questions and concerns have already been answered and addressed, spend a little time reading through the thread so that it will help you form a better judgement about this project, and then if your questions are still unanswered, come and ask nicely so you get answered in a similar manner.

The average daily volume in the cryptocurrency markets is around $ 143 000 000. so you have only got yourself to blame if you are not making money with that amount of volume, don't try to resort to below the belt techniques to gain an advantage or spread fear, uncertainty and doubt for the sake of getting a better entry price.

Grow the fuck up trolls, it is the end of 2016 already, if you are not managing to survive in crypto, don't take it on IOcoin devs and community. Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself whether you are actually cut out to survive crypto long term, if the answer to that is no, get a full time job and enjoy your life like the rest of the people do.

Cheer up, it is still not too late to get in, and if you really think that you missed the train on this one, there are 100s of other projects that you can choose from but I promise you that you will not find another dedicated, hard working, self-financed, honest developers like the ones we are blessed with in this project.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 04:13:54 PM

Sorry if i offended anyone i havr no intention of buying any coins here it was meant to spark a scholarly discussion on design since i have no code to draw upon. I will unwatch this thread and leave you be. Gluck!
IO Dev Team (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 150

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 04:57:02 PM

is this https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin the repo?

seems like its a simple clone of some coin with no development in last 2 years? caught my eye looking at syscoin and saw this coin to be higher marketcap wtf?

There is plenty development, is called DIONS. Since our coin was a fair launch, no ico, no premine, we have been our own funding source from hard work and dedication. We have been in development since IONS and POS I/O which is a volume controlled chain. The code cant be the same as everyone else because we have had semi-centralized aliases and we are now upgrading to a fully decentralized alias system called DIONS. Our development has been closed sourced and we have kept the community informed throughout the entire process. We are now in the final stages of compiling to launch and internal beta. We have had DIONS working for a very long time in linux while we finished the code. The code will be audited in beta by other devs, we are not into the scammy business because we are just as invested as everyone else.

The new release will also be accompanied by a new HTML5 wallet that we built from scratch, which will be an upgrade to the current one we have right now.  We have invested lots of time and our money as I said before and we are not going to just leave our code so that the kiddies can come in and just take it and our holders lose value. Once we are complete in Beta and we launch we will have a close period so that our holders can have peace of mind that the code wont be copied on or just before release and it will go open shortly after that period of time, as we move over to chameleon.

You are welcome to go back in the forum and look at screenshots and other information that we have provided, we have a slack channel and we have a beta testing channel with people that have been picked to help us in our DIONS beta.

DIONS compromises of private (stealth aliases), encrypted messaging, data storage up to 1MB in V.1 and improvements to our POS Code. Aliases will be transferable and data sharing will be accompanied by a gpg tools like system.

IT always happens when coins get higher in value people have questions or post without really having the full picture. Please join our slack if you have specific questions about our project.

Due to many request for our technology and for future development partnerships, We formed a legal Foundation in Netherlands for http://www.iodigital.io/

PS

If you are here to fud you can move along, we have a strong community that has been with us for over 2 years. So if you are not bringing anything positive to the table, I'm personally not going to waste my time countering FUD. We are extremely busy working for the best for our long term holders.

Thanks Everyone

Joel

I spent about 30 mins skimming your white paper and the OP so sorry if I get something wrong but I got some questions if you don't mind.

I assume you meant centralized aliases because they were arbiters to handle squating and stuff? What are you doing differently in the decentralized approach? I don't think anyone cares to copy the code anyway no point in wasting effort explaining that kinda stuff its not what I meant (read below)
a) how does data sharing work?
b) are you building blockchain services to use your aliases? (if so how would transfer work in conjunction with things that those aliases "own")
c) what are stealth aliases all about? zero-knowledge transactions or something else?

1) how do gpg file checks happen, is it part of consensus code?
2) Are you using opreturn for your data(good) or a custom tx data field (bad),
3) How do you handle bloat with 1mb data fields? you obviously increased the max tx and block size because of this? if not how do you handle scalability if mass user acceptance happens? Do aliases expire? can they be extended?
4) in section 6 of your DIONS white paper you go into a.b.c and how a can control b or c and b can control c ? is this correct? how would that work?
5) is that standard public key encryption messaging using the same curve used to sign transactions?

I don't think you have to worry about people stealing code as anyone who does will only discredit themselves and credit your project as bug fixes and further development will not be carried over and if they do, more people will trust the main chain(see alt copy clones vs btc). Im still not sure why people choose the closed source route within the spirit of an open source project such as bitcoin which brought us all here. Vetting by an open source community is more valuable than vetting through bounties and trusted developer reviews, that being said they are valuable as I am doing one for my decentralized system as a bounty of upwards of $50k usd in crypto value for anyone that can break my system, but I know that it will get tested properly once its out... the value of that being I get to get some great sanity testing before releasing giving me good confidence that with people's money on the line that it won't break overnight when released. I chose the open source route yet noone copied because they wouldn't be able to extend functionality or fix bugs in a timely manor that I can, and for that reason even if they did I think majority of investors can see through a quick p&d scheme nowadays, no need to even worry about copy cats imo.

PS for the sake of public knowledge it would be cool if we can get answered here as im sure many people are browsing your thread that don't care to join Slack (or are here not knowing what Slack is or in the future sometime when people have moved onto the next best chat based system). There is value in providing input here still instead of referring to slack... i know most projects tend to have that policy nowadays.

If its too tiring to explain the technicals of the features  and since you are already in beta I can read the unit tests and figure out whats going on.. probably the easier way.

Answers for sidhujag,

Question: How does data sharing work?

Answer: Data is attached to transactions in base64 encoded form (maximum 1MB). These transactions are then sent to wallets/addresses/aliases via the Blockchain.

Question: Are you building blockchain services to use your aliases? (if so how would transfer work in conjunction with things that those aliases "own")

Answer: The aliases can be arbitrary not just ours, transfer work by sending the alias from one user's wallet to another. If you are referring to the purchase/sale of an existing aliases in DIONS V.1. The two parties would make an agreement on the sale and would have to either trust each other or use some form of escrow for payment and transfer of the alias.

Question: What are stealth aliases all about? Zero-knowledge transactions or something else?

Answer: All aliases are initially encrypted for a fixed number of blocks when created as measure to protect against attempts by malicious users to copy the aliases. Therefore the aliases are encrypted by default for (at least 12 blocks) before being 'activated' (decrypted and made public) by the user.

In our original code, a user had to 'activate' as above his aliases before he could attach files or transfer them. We decided for our beta release to extend this by allowing users to keep their aliases encrypted while still operating on them as normal (attach data, transfer, update associated data). This way aliases e.g  brand names or whatever, can be established in encrypted form with the option to "publicize" the name later for example revealing brand ownership, at will when the time is considered appropriate by user, if ever.

So the “Private Aliases” for us means the possibility to encrypt using RSA the data or alias information that a user chooses. Private Aliases in terms stealth or of zero knowledge transactions has not been our aim at least for our initial release though we may include work in this direction later if their is community consensus on this direction, but again it's not our priority right now.

Question: How do GPG file checks happen, is it part of consensus code?

Answer: We use RSA encryption for our messaging system. Signature verification is not an automated feature for our early beta releases but is planned for early on in our beta release cycle. File associated signatures can of course still be uploaded checked and verified manually, little clunky for initial beta, but the automation of this is not planned for our initial beta test release.

Question: Are you using opreturn for your data(good) or a custom TX data field (bad), The data "field" is fixed and verified by consensus.

Answer: What do mean by custom?

What is essential is that the script structure is fixed so that the consensus checks can be applied.

Question: How do you handle bloat with 1mb data fields?

Answer: The size is 1MB, not 1mb. For our initial DIONS release we decided to allow for relatively small data sizes. i.e. to keep it light weight; think twitter like messaging, avatars, copyright info. In a project following closely on the heels of DIONS, we plan to address the bloat issue, R&D work has already been carried out on this over the past year.

Question: You obviously increased the max tx and block size because of this?

Answer: No.

Question: if not how do you handle scalability if mass user acceptance happens?          

Answer: Our future plans of using side-chains connected via Chameleon to prevent bloat on the main chain.

Question: Do aliases expire?

Answer: Yes aliases expire after a fixed set of blocks. For our initial release this is fixed so that expiry can be expected after approximately 12 months given the prevailing block generation rate.

Question: Can they be extended?

Answer: Yes aliases can be extended even after expiry for another period with preference given to the current owner before becoming publicly available.

Question: In section 6 of your DIONS white paper you go into a.b.c and how a can control b or c and b can control c ? Is this correct? How would that work?

Answer: Since that white paper we've decided to take the approach of * not * constraining the alias field to any particular format the fields are arbitrary.

Question: Is that standard public key encryption messaging using the same curve used to sign transactions?

Answer: No, we use RSA encryption for sending encrypted messages as a built in feature.

PS. If we dont get to anyones questions in time, please be advised that we are currently extremely busy and pressed for time, as we are about to launch DIONS beta. We will do our best to answer questions as we get a break in.

Thanks Everyone

I/O Digital Dev Team

Remember to follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/IOCoin_IOC
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iocoindigitalcurrency

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:03:45 PM

Thank you, good luck to you!
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:10:49 PM

Sorry if i offended anyone i havr no intention of buying any coins here it was meant to spark a scholarly discussion on design since i have no code to draw upon. I will unwatch this thread and leave you be. Gluck!

Good luck to you.

FYI: Scholarly discussions are seldom started with insults for future reference.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:27:59 PM

seems like its a simple clone of some coin with no development in last 2 years? caught my eye looking at syscoin and saw this coin to be higher marketcap wtf?

There is plenty development, is called DIONS. Since our coin was a fair launch, no ico, no premine, we have been our own funding source from hard work and dedication. We have been in development since IONS and POS I/O which is a volume controlled chain. The code cant be the same as everyone else because we have had semi-centralized aliases and we are now upgrading to a fully decentralized alias system called DIONS. Our development has been closed sourced and we have kept the community informed throughout the entire process. We are now in the final stages of compiling to launch and internal beta. We have had DIONS working for a very long time in linux while we finished the code. The code will be audited in beta by other devs, we are not into the scammy business because we are just as invested as everyone else.

The new release will also be accompanied by a new HTML5 wallet that we built from scratch, which will be an upgrade to the current one we have right now.  We have invested lots of time and our money as I said before and we are not going to just leave our code so that the kiddies can come in and just take it and our holders lose value. Once we are complete in Beta and we launch we will have a close period so that our holders can have peace of mind that the code wont be copied on or just before release and it will go open shortly after that period of time, as we move over to chameleon.

You are welcome to go back in the forum and look at screenshots and other information that we have provided, we have a slack channel and we have a beta testing channel with people that have been picked to help us in our DIONS beta.

DIONS compromises of private (stealth aliases), encrypted messaging, data storage up to 1MB in V.1 and improvements to our POS Code. Aliases will be transferable and data sharing will be accompanied by a gpg tools like system.

IT always happens when coins get higher in value people have questions or post without really having the full picture. Please join our slack if you have specific questions about our project.

Due to many request for our technology and for future development partnerships, We formed a legal Foundation in Netherlands for http://www.iodigital.io/

PS

If you are here to fud you can move along, we have a strong community that has been with us for over 2 years. So if you are not bringing anything positive to the table, I'm personally not going to waste my time countering FUD. We are extremely busy working for the best for our long term holders.

Thanks Everyone

Joel

I spent about 30 mins skimming your white paper and the OP so sorry if I get something wrong but I got some questions if you don't mind.

I assume you meant centralized aliases because they were arbiters to handle squating and stuff? What are you doing differently in the decentralized approach? I don't think anyone cares to copy the code anyway no point in wasting effort explaining that kinda stuff its not what I meant (read below)
b) are you building blockchain services to use your aliases? (if so how would transfer work in conjunction with things that those aliases "own")
c) what are stealth aliases all about? zero-knowledge transactions or something else?

3) How do you handle bloat with 1mb data fields? you obviously increased the max tx and block size because of this? if not how do you handle scalability if mass user acceptance happens? Do aliases expire? can they be extended?
4) in section 6 of your DIONS white paper you go into a.b.c and how a can control b or c and b can control c ? is this correct? how would that work?
5) is that standard public key encryption messaging using the same curve used to sign transactions?

I don't think you have to worry about people stealing code as anyone who does will only discredit themselves and credit your project as bug fixes and further development will not be carried over and if they do, more people will trust the main chain(see alt copy clones vs btc). Im still not sure why people choose the closed source route within the spirit of an open source project such as bitcoin which brought us all here. Vetting by an open source community is more valuable than vetting through bounties and trusted developer reviews, that being said they are valuable as I am doing one for my decentralized system as a bounty of upwards of $50k usd in crypto value for anyone that can break my system, but I know that it will get tested properly once its out... the value of that being I get to get some great sanity testing before releasing giving me good confidence that with people's money on the line that it won't break overnight when released. I chose the open source route yet noone copied because they wouldn't be able to extend functionality or fix bugs in a timely manor that I can, and for that reason even if they did I think majority of investors can see through a quick p&d scheme nowadays, no need to even worry about copy cats imo.

PS for the sake of public knowledge it would be cool if we can get answered here as im sure many people are browsing your thread that don't care to join Slack (or are here not knowing what Slack is or in the future sometime when people have moved onto the next best chat based system). There is value in providing input here still instead of referring to slack... i know most projects tend to have that policy nowadays.

If its too tiring to explain the technicals of the features  and since you are already in beta I can read the unit tests and figure out whats going on.. probably the easier way.

Answers for sidhujag,

Answer: Data is attached to transactions in base64 encoded form (maximum 1MB). These transactions are then sent to wallets/addresses/aliases via the Blockchain.

Question: Are you building blockchain services to use your aliases? (if so how would transfer work in conjunction with things that those aliases "own")

Answer: The aliases can be arbitrary not just ours, transfer work by sending the alias from one user's wallet to another. If you are referring to the purchase/sale of an existing aliases in DIONS V.1. The two parties would make an agreement on the sale and would have to either trust each other or use some form of escrow for payment and transfer of the alias.

Question: What are stealth aliases all about? Zero-knowledge transactions or something else?

Answer: All aliases are initially encrypted for a fixed number of blocks when created as measure to protect against attempts by malicious users to copy the aliases. Therefore the aliases are encrypted by default for (at least 12 blocks) before being 'activated' (decrypted and made public) by the user.

In our original code, a user had to 'activate' as above his aliases before he could attach files or transfer them. We decided for our beta release to extend this by allowing users to keep their aliases encrypted while still operating on them as normal (attach data, transfer, update associated data). This way aliases e.g  brand names or whatever, can be established in encrypted form with the option to "publicize" the name later for example revealing brand ownership, at will when the time is considered appropriate by user, if ever.

So the “Private Aliases” for us means the possibility to encrypt using RSA the data or alias information that a user chooses. Private Aliases in terms stealth or of zero knowledge transactions has not been our aim at least for our initial release though we may include work in this direction later if their is community consensus on this direction, but again it's not our priority right now.

Answer: We use RSA encryption for our messaging system. Signature verification is not an automated feature for our early beta releases but is planned for early on in our beta release cycle. File associated signatures can of course still be uploaded checked and verified manually, little clunky for initial beta, but the automation of this is not planned for our initial beta test release.

Question: Are you using opreturn for your data(good) or a custom TX data field (bad), The data "field" is fixed and verified by consensus.

What is essential is that the script structure is fixed so that the consensus checks can be applied.

Answer: The size is 1MB, not 1mb. For our initial DIONS release we decided to allow for relatively small data sizes. i.e. to keep it light weight; think twitter like messaging, avatars, copyright info. In a project following closely on the heels of DIONS, we plan to address the bloat issue, R&D work has already been carried out on this over the past year.

Answer: Our future plans of using side-chains connected via Chameleon to prevent bloat on the main chain.

Answer: Yes aliases expire after a fixed set of blocks. For our initial release this is fixed so that expiry can be expected after approximately 12 months given the prevailing block generation rate.

Answer: Yes aliases can be extended even after expiry for another period with preference given to the current owner before becoming publicly available.

Question: In section 6 of your DIONS white paper you go into a.b.c and how a can control b or c and b can control c ? Is this correct? How would that work?

Answer: Since that white paper we've decided to take the approach of * not * constraining the alias field to any particular format the fields are arbitrary.

Question: Is that standard public key encryption messaging using the same curve used to sign transactions?

Answer: No, we use RSA encryption for sending encrypted messages as a built in feature.

PS. If we dont get to anyones questions in time, please be advised that we are currently extremely busy and pressed for time, as we are about to launch DIONS beta. We will do our best to answer questions as we get a break in.

Thanks Everyone

I/O Digital Dev Team

Cool sounds identical to the Syscoin alias system I implemented (https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/blob/dev/src/alias.cpp). Seems like you also started with namecoins initial implementation but you kept with the txData field inside of CTransaction? I advise against this as my later question about custom field and use OPRETURN because it is not stored in the UTXO database and will later solve your issues with bloat (you can look at my code to see how I did that: https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/blob/dev/src/primitives/transaction.h#L124)

again it helps if it was open source as I can point you to what to change and how to do it quickly as our alias implemenations are pretty similar... im assuming you added a check in CBitcoinAddress which translates the address to an alias as well to be able to send/recv to aliases natively? this will make any RPC call work with aliases instead of public key hashes.

For private aliases I simply add an option to make it private and just encrypt the data using public key encryption to the alias owners key so only he can read/write and on transfer I decrypt and encrypt to the new owners key... so that allows for stuff like public and private alias profiles for later things like sending addresses around for purchasing goods on the decentralized marketplace I use aliases in... or for coolt hings like perhaps an OAuth connector which will let you sign in to websites using your alias providing your private or public profile data to the website to generate your website profile and log you in automatically... something like this: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares-0.x/wiki/BitShares-XT-Login becomes possible and feasible.

We've moved more to an alias system that mocks the domain system on the internet allowing people to renew or extend for flexible amount of time like domains, and allow transfer of things attached to that alias such as certificates, offers and messages. So essentially you can make your store and transfer it to another person and all of the services using that alias (owned by) become usable by the new person... this is what i meant by the other question about transfer aliases and things that it owns. All of this is released and working although the pruning we are going to release in 2.1 coming soon... im sure you will find alot of the stuff I did valuable in your R&D research. Im looking forward for things that I may learn from you guys and perhaps extend the way I do aliases... the only way to make things better is to look at others implementations and discuss tradeoffs etc... doing so will achieve optimal results for average users.

MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:37:27 PM

PS

Thanks Everyone

Joel

If its too tiring to explain the technicals of the features  and since you are already in beta I can read the unit tests and figure out whats going on.. probably the easier way.

Answers for sidhujag,

Thanks Everyone

I/O Digital Dev Team

Cool sounds identical to the Syscoin alias system I implemented. Seems like you also started with namecoins initial implementation but you kept with the txData field inside of CTransaction? I advise against this as my later question about custom field and use OPRETURN because it is not stored in the UTXO database and will later solve your issues with bloat (you can look at my code to see how I did that: https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/blob/dev/src/primitives/transaction.h#L124)

again it helps if it was open source as I can point you to what to change and how to do it quickly as our alias implemenations are pretty similar... im assuming you added a check in CBitcoinAddress which translates the address to an alias as well to be able to send/recv to aliases natively? this will make any RPC call work with aliases instead of public key hashes.

Congrats on your work on SYScoin you must of been gutted when Azure came over and took all your work, when a coin goes to Azure, they own your ass.  All that hard work you done and yet you let microsoft AKA Evil Corp take it all from you, one thing is for sure, IOC aint going to sell out to them.

i did look at syscoin a few times, (moderated thread stopped me from investing and the number of times it has moved threads, all shady stuff) then i seen the comparison against open bazaar and i LOL'd nd vowed never to buy it  because of such comparisons, trying to say syscoin is a better project than Openbazaar is laughable and really makes syscoin look stupid. You know the guys there ask them to remove that crap, it will do them good long term.

Maybe you might be of some help for #iocoin i know they are always looking for talented developers.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:41:01 PM

PS

Thanks Everyone

Joel

If its too tiring to explain the technicals of the features  and since you are already in beta I can read the unit tests and figure out whats going on.. probably the easier way.

Answers for sidhujag,

Thanks Everyone

I/O Digital Dev Team

Cool sounds identical to the Syscoin alias system I implemented. Seems like you also started with namecoins initial implementation but you kept with the txData field inside of CTransaction? I advise against this as my later question about custom field and use OPRETURN because it is not stored in the UTXO database and will later solve your issues with bloat (you can look at my code to see how I did that: https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin2/blob/dev/src/primitives/transaction.h#L124)

Congrats on your work on SYScoin you must of been gutted when Azure came over and took all your work, when a coin goes to Azure, they own your ass.  All that hard work you done and yet you let microsoft AKA Evil Corp take it all from you, one thing is for sure, IOC aint going to sell out to them.

i did look at syscoin a few times, (moderated thread stopped me from investing and the number of times it has moved threads, all shady stuff) then i seen the comparison against open bazaar and i LOL'd nd vowed never to buy it  because of such comparisons, trying to say syscoin is a better project than Openbazaar is laughable and really makes syscoin look stupid. You know the guys there ask them to remove that crap, it will do them good long term.

Maybe you might be of some help for #iocoin i know they are always looking for talented developers.

Azure doesn't own any of the work its open source, anyone can clone it and do whatever they want Smiley that jargon you read about is trolling based on a few coins that decided not to go for Azure partnership which was bs because that person(s) didn't understand in context. It was moderated because of the noob posters that would sign up and flood the thread with nonsense one word messages to get their rep up... the OB thing is fair we are blockchain based they are P2P.... I dont see how it makes anyone look stupid if you want to read my writeup on a more in depth comparison between the 2 check this one out: http://syscoin.org/in-depth-look-at-the-syscoins-decentralized-marketplace-and-comparing-it-to-the-competition/.

Thread was moved once we did SYS 2.0 which was a brand new platform and we share dropped onto SYS 1.0 holders.. sys 2.0 was basically my work after taking over sys 1 which was bare bones and basic... It had to be a hard fork because I changed consensus code quite a bit... now sys 2.1 will continue on the same thread because its vision is inline with sys 2.0... the old thread was simply moved and we updated our OP with the vision of sys 2.0 and all the stuff that becomes possible with it.. besides in sys 1.0 we had that whole ICO fiasco hanging over us where Ryan Kennedy stole 75% of our startup funds and we were forced to use the rest to buy up a chunk of SYS at market to shore up confidence so we basically worked for free for over 2 years to get to this point... I remember there was no activity and even the team meetings weren't held anymore but I kept coding and we got together again and kept it going... good thing we did, we actually came up with a pretty good set of features and a system that actually works!

Anyways i dont want to clutter it up here, its cool we can talk tech stuff so we can learn from each other... thats what is really valuable to me, and not some nonsense troll behavior that pushes people like me away from good projects.
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 05:55:15 PM

I have been a long term investor in both Syscoin and IOC and I can vouch for Sidhujag (Don't agree with his copy paste remark before asking relevant questions). He isn't trolling or fudding IOC. If he is here and asking questions it to learn and research and give feedback which he has done. There is nothing wrong in asking questions and critiquing any coins. Nobody is perfect and it is a new field where we are learning and growing.

Blockchain technology
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: