Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:26:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719043 times)
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 11:39:18 PM

came across post on twitter by Charles Hoskinson,

"We are very pleased to Announce the First Provably Secure Proof of Stake Algorithm: https://eprint.iacr.org/2016/889.pdf"

seems like a little debate ensued that I don't quite understand...is he on to something or full of shit

says they may have some sort of test implementation by october

again beyond my technical expertise, but being that IOC is POS, does this mean that current POS coins are not secure or lacking?

or is he just taking security out to the enth degree where the cost benefit isn't really justified

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cowboys

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 06:36:59 AM

as a note to team and community in general.
as the value of this project increases so will attempts by malicious actors to steal and or destroy that value.

this project has survived fud... pump and dump schemes....price suppressing bots to name a few

but
its seems that most thefts really come from within. possibly the hack of finex, most assuredly shapeshift (2x), gox, mint, crypsty...the list is long.

as a community those with wallets should always have a strong password and only keep as much on an exchange as you can afford to loose.

to team... not sure how you vet and not sure how you can even guard against it, but suffice to say, as you bring on more talent, please realize where the strongest and easiest attack vectors may lie.

now for important stuff.....cant wait to try new wallet!

VERY IMPORTANT INFO THERE.  Thanks Cohnhead.

" only keep as much on an exchange as you can afford to loose "

Lets say the worst thing happens and Poloniex gets hacked and IOC is stolen.  I am sure the Dev Team here is not going to go down an Ethereum style route or any other roll back route.

So what is being said here, have coins on exchanges at your own risk, if exchange gets hacked, your coins are gone.  Many people here understand the importance of this and are keeping coins in wallets and staking them.

Also, when this coin goes to $1, then $5, who knows could well see $10 in the not too distant future, imagine, if you are able to get anywhere from 5 to 20 IOC from staking.  Thats a possible $50+ daily reward from staking, with holding around 100k coins  (dont quote me on that, just a rough guess).

With wallets it is important to back them up to clean/new USB drives/sticks.
Write your password down in several places and make the password at least 16 characters long, including upper case, lower case, numbers and symbols.

In a nut shell, be safe, as the value of this coin rises, so will the number of attempts to take the coins from you.

NEVER click any link here, unless from dev team.

Never open any emails  pretending to be from IOC or poloniex.  You get the idea. 90% of hacking occurs from people clicking links in emails/websites.

sounds great bro but imagine getting laid by 3 girls everynight sounds pretty sick huh
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:26:44 AM

as a note to team and community in general.
as the value of this project increases so will attempts by malicious actors to steal and or destroy that value.

this project has survived fud... pump and dump schemes....price suppressing bots to name a few

but
its seems that most thefts really come from within. possibly the hack of finex, most assuredly shapeshift (2x), gox, mint, crypsty...the list is long.

as a community those with wallets should always have a strong password and only keep as much on an exchange as you can afford to loose.

to team... not sure how you vet and not sure how you can even guard against it, but suffice to say, as you bring on more talent, please realize where the strongest and easiest attack vectors may lie.

now for important stuff.....cant wait to try new wallet!

VERY IMPORTANT INFO THERE.  Thanks Cohnhead.

" only keep as much on an exchange as you can afford to loose "

Lets say the worst thing happens and Poloniex gets hacked and IOC is stolen.  I am sure the Dev Team here is not going to go down an Ethereum style route or any other roll back route.

So what is being said here, have coins on exchanges at your own risk, if exchange gets hacked, your coins are gone.  Many people here understand the importance of this and are keeping coins in wallets and staking them.

Also, when this coin goes to $1, then $5, who knows could well see $10 in the not too distant future, imagine, if you are able to get anywhere from 5 to 20 IOC from staking.  Thats a possible $50+ daily reward from staking, with holding around 100k coins  (dont quote me on that, just a rough guess).

With wallets it is important to back them up to clean/new USB drives/sticks.
Write your password down in several places and make the password at least 16 characters long, including upper case, lower case, numbers and symbols.

In a nut shell, be safe, as the value of this coin rises, so will the number of attempts to take the coins from you.

NEVER click any link here, unless from dev team.

Never open any emails  pretending to be from IOC or poloniex.  You get the idea. 90% of hacking occurs from people clicking links in emails/websites.

sounds great bro but imagine getting laid by 3 girls everynight sounds pretty sick huh

And what in the world does that have to do with my post about security?  Also, the word "sick" mean to be ill with vomiting and sickness. Out of all the slang words, "sick" has to be the most stupid ever invented.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 09:44:49 PM

Tech Update: The team is assembling the necessaries libraries for the osx compiling and build over the weekend at the same time we have started carrying development work on the front end wallet clean up for Beta. Sam has started to contact beta testers that meet the initial requirements individually. I will update again once OSX compiling has been accomplished. DIONS Daemon compiling in Linux and Windows are both done.
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
September 17, 2016, 10:40:27 AM

Tech Update: The team is assembling the necessaries libraries for the osx compiling and build over the weekend at the same time we have started carrying development work on the front end wallet clean up for Beta. Sam has started to contact beta testers that meet the initial requirements individually. I will update again once OSX compiling has been accomplished. DIONS Daemon compiling in Linux and Windows are both done.

Thanks for the update Joel,  are there any specifications for Beta Testers, i might know one or two people that are up to the challenge. Just need to know what skills are required.

Thank you.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
cohnhead

View Profile
September 18, 2016, 05:02:33 AM

maybe slow but most definitely steady growth. not sure if there are many projects that can boast this kind of performance. I'm fairly confident the upcoming DIONS release will move the needle substantially...giving more value to this project. Its telling that long term stakers aren't taking a lot of profit at these historically high levels. The trend is your friend  Grin
mctaino

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 11:48:42 PM

Quick Update;

1. We ran some multi node DIONS tests today in our systems, they all looked fine.
2. We will continue on the wallet front end side next,  with some front end clean up work and restructure templates for beta.
3. We continue to screen candidates for beta.
4. We are halfway with the infographics designs for DIONS that will go out to media for press release to promote our launch.
5.  We made some updates to I/O Digital foundation site.

Just keeping you all updated

please remember to log into our slack channel for daily updates...

Thanks
Wexfgy12

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 09:24:43 PM

What are the main real world use cases for this coin vs others? (apart from the custom name thing, which is cool)
cohnhead

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 01:46:22 AM

What are the main real world use cases for this coin vs others? (apart from the custom name thing, which is cool)
real world uses are whatever is in your or someone else's minds eye that could benefit from utilizing a secure and stable blockchain

blockchains will be like cars...lots of choices...to accomplish pretty much same thing....choices may be made on algorithm, confirmation time, relative cost, management ...etc.

bottom line, real world uses don't matter too much at this point..not as much as dedication of the team, its vison, and the strength of the underlying chain.
mctaino

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 03:21:49 AM

Quick Update

Derek is full hands on with UI work (Wallet Front End) to get some clunky stuff to smooth out. Infographics is 85% ready we are waiting on changes to the UI for updated screenshots for the infographics. Headless DIONS daemon continues to be be stable on windows and tests that we have been running  relating to RSA functionality  have been working fine. All we are awaiting for now is UI work for Beta.  The team is going to then run a preliminary deployment of the beta wallets in our environment to ensure we are all good in all clients and then sam will open up for beta testers. After successful beta testing we will release DIONS for the ones that are asking.

"I/O DIGITAL" was submitted for trademark, Today 9/22/2016 under
international class 009, serial 87180694

more info to come  

Thanks everyone,

Joel

cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 07:49:11 AM

The most important thing is that when you develop software, that it is getting used by the people / businesses you aim for in the end.
Otherwise it is just a lot of developing without any "usage reward".

Blockchain technology is still very hard to understand for most people and businesses.
On a daily basis we get the question "how can we use it". There are so many use cases in general but even more use cases if they are tailored to the business itself. So first thing we need to to is give people an idea what can be accomplished with the technology we are creating.

Our DIONS infographic will give examples of use cases for developers, businesses and consumers.
This will give a great insight in all possibilities.
Currently this infographic is almost done and will be presented soon.

Richard
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 23, 2016, 11:26:47 AM

The race to practicality!
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 04:05:49 AM

IDEA

Just looking at the tweets, like this  https://twitter.com/IO_Coin/status/777548846322900992

Welcoming new IOC Country Managers.  The idea came to me.  It would be really great if the Country managers were made to feel special and a great way of doing this would be to give these fantastic people a nice Welcome Pack.

It could include:

Mission Statement  (printed on nice paper)
You could go the extra step and have a nice IOC logo seal made to seal letters with official wax seal
 (that would be super cool and could go a little viral online, imagine the posts that would be made about it)
Like these here > http://www.nostalgicimpressions.com/Create_Your_Own_Custom_Wax_Seal_Stamp_p/xxx.htm?gclid=CPnx7taOp88CFQw6Gwods5kNYw&gdffi=0ed5f33a5b31457eb02d827858c53bd1&gdfms=165AE6720B934A08899527E0400CD757

Or you can get ones that emboss paper > https://www.blumberg.com/invoice.cgi?rm=view_cluster;cluster_id=873782&gdffi=e1d4341c03d44e52beab75ae49926f56&gdfms=15BCFA7856234F67822E9DAFC37CA0C2&gclid=CNLhl4mPp88CFQuNGwodnYsA0Q

(Yes, i know its all about "Digital" but people still like and love physical things)

Tshirt.  I/OCoin Team Leader  (or some text like that) Cohnhead here, kindly volenteered to have some T-shrts printed, see post #3663

" if someone can help and give me a cool 1-2 color design for screen printing id be happy to throw in a t-shirt (maybe IOC logo with a interesting tag line)"

One of the physical coins (new or old versions) (i cna supply the original versions)
Maybe make a pin badge also.

The Crystal, Neon Light up, USB drives with the IOC logo that joel has.

And anything else you can think of, you could even get bags made to put it in, all at relatively little cost.  Maybe 25 euros max per Welcome Pack.

People want to feel part of a team and this would be a really fantastic way of doing it.

I know if i received a Welcome Pack like this, not only would i be made to feel special, i would be talking about it all over social media also.

sigwo

Activity: 656

Go Jupiter!

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 04:48:44 AM

Looking forward to the tech you all bring to market Smiley
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 05:20:15 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2016, 10:33:15 AM by MrWhiteBites

Huge Dump on poloniex down to 27,600 !!!!!! I can't believe that anyone would want to sell off like this,
i highly suspect someone accidentally clicked sell with a missing "0" and ended up dumping instead of placing a buy order before.
I know i have done this myself on poloniex, very costly mistake!

Looking on the bright side, i am sure the coins went to smart people who understand the future this coin has,
 so who ever is dumping is going to be crying in a few months thats for sure.

Hopefully staking will rise again, i see  44% only staking .

I did download the wallet for my windows 8 computer, it took 3 days to download blockchain, but for some reason on my windows 8.1 computer the wallet does not work very well. I always have problems when i come to open it, often the logo will appear with no text and it will just hang, maybe something the Dev team can look at.  Just a little bug that i am sure can be easily fixed.

MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:14:48 PM

definately not a typo sell. its illiquid mkt prolly someone had stops set and they gt tripped. no big deal

a stop would force someone to unload down to X price?  odd.

Also, CC, get your signature dude, its easy to add here. Smiley

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 12:57:30 PM

definately not a typo sell. its illiquid mkt prolly someone had stops set and they gt tripped. no big deal

a stop would force someone to unload down to X price?  odd.

Also, CC, get your signature dude, its easy to add here. Smiley

correct. if i set a stop loss at 35k then i can say:

Sell my 50k IOC for a maximum of 25k when the highest bid order goes lower then 35k

So if that trigger hits, then my 50k IOC will get sold on the market at a price of 25k. So then everything in between gets sold into.
Often these triggers trigger others as well creating a flash crash. Often in BTC too.

But could be somebody unloaded due to the end of the month and needs to pay mortgage or rent. You will never know.
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:00:05 PM

I did download the wallet for my windows 8 computer, it took 3 days to download blockchain, but for some reason on my windows 8.1 computer the wallet does not work very well. I always have problems when i come to open it, often the logo will appear with no text and it will just hang, maybe something the Dev team can look at.  Just a little bug that i am sure can be easily fixed.

It looks like it hangs. Are you using the bootstrap?
If you are, then it stays on that screen. It looks like its stuck, but its actually importing the bootstrap.
Can take 2 or three days. Next version will have a faster bootstrap. Also depends on the speed of your computer.

Richard
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 01:32:32 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2016, 05:03:58 PM by MrWhiteBites

I did download the wallet for my windows 8 computer, it took 3 days to download blockchain, but for some reason on my windows 8.1 computer the wallet does not work very well. I always have problems when i come to open it, often the logo will appear with no text and it will just hang, maybe something the Dev team can look at.  Just a little bug that i am sure can be easily fixed.

If you are, then it stays on that screen. It looks like its stuck, but its actually importing the bootstrap.
Can take 2 or three days. Next version will have a faster bootstrap. Also depends on the speed of your computer.

Richard

I downloaded the  latest wallet  (did not use a bootstrap)

It took 3 days to download blockchain  (as i did not have my computer on 24/7)

Then the next days when i went to start if for the first time, the logo would appear, with no text and thats it.  Just hanging.
this happened every day, until i moved the coins, yet again, from wallet back to the exchange.

It used to happen most of the time before also, this is the main reason i moved my coins to an exchange.

It is a bug with the wallet, my computer has very little programs on it, real bare bones stuff.

mctaino

View Profile
September 26, 2016, 06:57:37 PM

I did download the wallet for my windows 8 computer, it took 3 days to download blockchain, but for some reason on my windows 8.1 computer the wallet does not work very well. I always have problems when i come to open it, often the logo will appear with no text and it will just hang, maybe something the Dev team can look at.  Just a little bug that i am sure can be easily fixed.

Richard

I downloaded the  latest wallet  (did not use a bootstrap)

It took 3 days to download blockchain  (as i did not have my computer on 24/7)

Then the next days when i went to start if for the first time, the logo would appear, with no text and thats it.  Just hanging.
this happened every day, until i moved the coins, yet again, from wallet back to the exchange.

It used to happen most of the time before also, this is the main reason i moved my coins to an exchange.

It is a bug with the wallet, my computer has very little programs on it, real bare bones stuff.

I'm sorry to hear this, but there  0 bugs with the wallet, please check  your OS or settings. I personally have 4 wallets running. OSX El capitan, Windows 10 all running perfect and have been for 2.4 years.
Pages: « 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: