Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:03:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719043 times)
InsiderOfCrypto

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:56:34 AM

so there was deliberate sabotage from Polo side
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:48:29 AM

Thank you for the update IOC Team. 

Clearly it was through not fault of their own Poloniex delisted $IOC there are many coins left on Polo that do need delisted, but they most likely made a "special Deal" to not get removed.

I/OCoin and its team are hard working, dedicated and honest, they would never pay a bribe to stay on Poloniex, or any other exchange. So just like in life, the good guy has to take the hard route to get to the top, but IOC will get to the top, that is for sure.

And it really is a blessing in disguise, i dont see poloniex being around in a few years to come, crypto is getting "cleaned up" this exchange will have to under go some serious investigations and sooner or later they will get caught and shut down.

Now we just see a new "low" for Poloniex, they clearly bought a big chunk of GNO, then soon after made a PRE ANNOUNCEMENT of their intentions to add it. Now if this does not reek of insider trading i dont know what does.  I am not saying all of poloniex is like this, but clear there are some "Bad Eggs" there at Polo HQ.

Also, should this exchange end up going the way as the likes of Mt Gox, Mintpal, Cryptsy, anyone with coins there will likely loose them. So with $IOC not on poloniex we are all safe in the knowledge should that day come for Polo, all our I/OCoins will be safe and secure.

Now we need a BIG PUSH from the Community here to help all we can to get past this bump in the road, in a few months IOC will be back to top form and releasing the long awaited DIONS.

So keep up the faith guys, IOC is going nowhere  and will bounce back stronger.

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
Golova4lena

Activity: 546
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:46:53 AM

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE DIONS

Hello everyone, we want to thank everyone that's been with us since the beginning or if you are new to our community thank you for stopping bye.

The Dev team has been hard at work in the final beta testing stages of our DIONS upgrade. During this beta phase almost 95% of the bugs found were related to the UI (Wallet Front end) and other minor enhancements to our daemon. We implemented a blockchain crawler for both the aliases and RSA key to alias messaging invite. Now messaging will work by inviting your friends and family by simple name invite.  Continuing forward, we are currently working on the Rsa Key generation to Alias testing, Private alias, download, transfer and dns testing. We will also be completing some testing on the messaging section and adding the last touches to the wallet (Super bootstrap + installers).

We have found great support by our beta testers and we are confident that if everything goes as planned, we should be able to release DIONS on around 45 days. We are estimating this time, because we really don't have much to do, but tweaks to the UI and minor enhancements. We also have to commission a brand new block explorer for DIONS, to be ready for release. Here is our latest look to our DIONS section with private and public alias display running in our "ioclab". You may also watch our test net demo on the link below. Lastly for the ones asking about our github not being updated, we are working DIONS in a private github account and the code will be open source soon after release. The code will be reviewed by open source devs.

As a reminder users have until May 2nd to move coins out of poloniex exchange and over to your wallets or Bittrex Exchange. We have also been informed that Coinigy will be going live with an exchange and we look forward for them to have IOC listed on their exchange. On Dions release the dev team will be in contact with all other major exchanges to have IOC listed and expand our reach to other markets.

DIONS wallet Preview
https://youtu.be/NR9e1gYvUqw
Blocktalk with Founder Joel Bosh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcu6oC5AlqA

So far for release DIONS will be available for Windows 10, OSX El capitan and Linux. We are also working on Sierra

Thank You Everyone.

Thanks for update! Its good time to invest some funds in IOC before new wallet release.

███                         
                                   █████                         
                                 ███████                      
                    ███          █████████         ███           
                   █████        ███████████       █████         
                  ███████      █████████████     ███████         
                 ██████████ ███████████████ █████████       
                ██████████ ███ █████████████ ███ █████████       
               ██████████ █████ ███████████ █████ █████████     
              █████████ ████████ █████████ ███████ █████████     
             █████████ ██████████ ███████ ██████████ ████████   
            █████████ ████████████ █████ ████████████ ████████   
           █████████ ██████████████ ███ ██████████████ ████████ 
          █████████ ████████████████ ████████████████ ████████
PEERMOUNTAIN

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
altcoinrich

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:49:48 AM

IOC is on Bittrex, so no problem, listing there is also a good option, poloniex is the history, they don't like us, so we don't like them, easy. We love Bittrex.
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 11:30:55 AM

As a reminder users have until May 2nd to move coins out of poloniex exchange and over to your wallets or Bittrex Exchange.

I think coin is delisted on May 2nd, holders of IOC should still have a bit more time to remove coins, although no time frame was given.
stoner19

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:28:51 PM

As a reminder users have until May 2nd to move coins out of poloniex exchange and over to your wallets or Bittrex Exchange.

I think coin is delisted on May 2nd, holders of IOC should still have a bit more time to remove coins, although no time frame was given.

That's correct. Poloniex will leave the wallet online for at least a few weeks I think so users can withdraw, even after delisting.
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 03:01:39 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2017, 05:08:23 PM by mctaino

I want to clear up a matter that was aired on main slack channel yesterday. I personally made a comment in slack and a reference that poloniex “Killed” IOC. I want to clarify that those comments were in reference to the IOC market in POLO not the project. I/O Coin will NEVER DIE. Now why do I say that, because a blockchain lives on as long as nodes are staking it. A market price doesn’t dictate a death to a blockchain. The Dev team is strong, the team has a very good idea as to what happened at polo, an a market should never dictate the overall value of the work being done. When we compare our current blockchain capabilities to that of Bitcoins, Litecoin, even with segwit, we have an advantage. Our current IOC capabilities allow for 60 second block times at 1MB in size. Our chain can handle 10X the capacity of Bitcoin and Litecoin. When it comes to ETH they are a POW based chain and we are yet to see how or what they are going to choose as a POS mechanism for their chain. Now we can simply say that our vision has been on point since day 1. For that and other reasons we know that some may view IOC as a threat to their volume and these people will engage in tactics of FUD and sabotage. This is not going to deter our focus and furthermore DIONS is a major upgrade to our chain which will leap us into the stratosphere in blockchain technology, as Bitcoin and or Litecoin would require a hard fork and years of development to even catch up with our chain capabilities.

For these reasons and our work ethics, we believe IOC/Cham will be the choice, if given the opportunity, for businesses to transact using our public blockchain. We have formulated a strategic plan with our Country Managers and over the next weeks, those plans will start to take shape, as we gear to promote the DIONS release date.  Let’s “Kick ass” on Bittrex and we look forward for coinigy to go live and for us to be listed in the upcoming coinigy exchange. We will also approach Kraken and many other exchanges once DIONS goes live. We are now estimating a 45 day window to have DIONS completed and we need all the focus now to get us to the finish line. All  community questions, please refer them to Richard Groen our community manager and technical question to Sam, if any of these 2 routes don’t get you and answer your welcome to ask any country manger in our slack and or at last resort, I’m always available, but would like to remain focused in the lab with our lead dev Derek so that we can get DIONS out with no further delays.

This space has turned into wp-marketing and fairytale icos and not enough robust coding, we want to focus on the coding as it will be the only way to ensure we have a successful and secure blockchain. This is the only way forward to continue to show our dominance, regardless of exchanges, which most of the time end up failing (Mintpal, MtGox, Cryptsy, Cryptorush, exes exchange (blackcoins own) all went down in flames. Polo will too I’m sure. The day is coming that we will have fast decentralized exchanges as in the upcoming (DIOEX), this where transactions-trades are all recorded in the blockchain and available for public review. As I’ve said before exchanges that don’t open themselves up to scrutiny  as we do in our open source community don’t deserve our business. Lastly, due to the poloniex delisting, we had our entire community shaken up, but is just a matter of dusting it all off, as their decision has nothing to do with our project and more to do with what poloniex has in mind for themselves. In this case it seems as they want to be more focused on in-house projects that will give them higher dividends. For this reason their decision should not affect us in any way and is business as usual, but with a profound resolve that we are simply the best POS blockchain since it’s inception. We can hold our heads up high as IOC was a fair launched POS blockchain and the team has always given 100% to the community day in and day out.  

Big Hug Everyone

Joel
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:36:03 PM

I want to clear up a matter that was aired on main slack channel yesterday. I personally made a comment in slack and a reference that poloniex “Killed” IOC. I want to clarify that those comments were in reference to the IOC market in POLO not the project. I/O Coin will NEVER DIE. Now why do I say that, because a blockchain lives on as long as nodes are staking it. A market price doesn’t dictate a death to a blockchain. The Dev team is strong, the team has a very good idea as to what happened at polo, an a market should never dictate the overall value of the work being done. When we compare our current blockchain capabilities to that of Bitcoins, Litecoin, even with segwit, we have an advantage. Our current IOC capabilities allow for 60 second block times at 1MB in size. Our chain can handle 10X the capacity of Bitcoin and Litecoin. When it comes to ETH they are a POW based chain and we are yet to see how or what they are going to choose as a POS mechanism for their chain. Now we can simply say that our vision has been on point since day 1. For that and other reasons we know that some may view IOC as a threat to their volume and these people will engage in tactics of FUD and sabotage. This is not going to deter our focus and furthermore DIONS is a major upgrade to our chain which will leap us into the stratosphere in blockchain technology, as Bitcoin and or Litecoin would require a hard fork and years of development to even catch up with our chain capabilities.

For these reasons and our work ethics, we believe IOC/Cham will be the choice, if given the opportunity, for businesses to transact using our public blockchain. We have formulated a strategic plan with our Country Managers and over the next weeks, those plans will start to take shape, as we gear to promote the DIONS release date.  Let’s “Kick ass” on Bittrex and we look forward for coinigy to go live and for us to be listed in the upcoming coinigy exchange. We will also approach Kraken and many other exchanges once DIONS goes live. We are now estimating a 45 day window to have DIONS completed and we need all the focus now to get us to the finish line. All  community questions, please refer them to Richard Groen our community manager and technical question to Sam, if any of these 2 routes don’t get you and answer your welcome to ask any country manger in our slack and or at last resort, I’m always available, but would like to remain focused in the lab with our lead dev Derek so that we can get DIONS out with no further delays.

This space has turned into wp-marketing and fairytale IOC's and not enough robust coding, we want to focus on the coding as it will be the only way to ensure we have a successful and secure blockchain. This is the only way forward to continue to show our dominance, regardless of exchanges, which most of the time end up failing (Mintpal, MtGox, Cryptsy, Cryptorush, exes exchange (blackcoins own) all went down in flames. Polo will too I’m sure. The day is coming that we will have fast decentralized exchanges as in the upcoming (DIOEX), this where transactions-trades are all recorded in the blockchain and available for public review. As I’ve said before exchanges that don’t open themselves up to scrutiny  as we do in our open source community don’t deserve our business. Lastly, due to the poloniex delisting, we had our entire community shaken up, but is just a matter of dusting it all off, as their decision has nothing to do with our project and more to do with what poloniex has in mind for themselves. In this case it seems as they want to be more focused on in-house projects that will give them higher dividends. For this reason their decision should not affect us in any way and is business as usual, but with a profound resolve that we are simply the best POS blockchain since it’s inception. We can hold our heads up high as IOC was a fair launched POS blockchain and the team has always given 100% to the community day in and day out.  

Big Hug Everyone

Joel

Well said, now prove yourselves to the world!
Joint Force

Activity: 804
Merit: 500

DAO ↔ DApp

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 02:17:17 AM

When will the code be open source?

VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:51:14 AM

When will the code be open source?

I think the $IOC team is going to keep it closed for the time being, but will make it open source at some point. A lot of people in crypto dont like closed source, but they might have a change of opinion if they took some things into consideration.

The IOC Team, esp Joel, has spent the last 2 years, getting DioNS developed.  Thats 2 Full years, not being able to spend time with his family, not breaks, not a single day away from the computer, to make sure DioNS will be as perfect and secure as can be for when it launches.

Now, not only is this about the amount of time spent on DioNS but also money, it actually costs a lot of money to pay all the people/developers involved.  All the testing and all the other expenses like hosting big, secure servers on the test net, needless to say the cost for developing such a unqiue wallet will run well over $200,000 at a low ball figure.

So maybe if the people who will (and i know they will) come here crying because wallet is closed source and they cant copy and paste it for some scammy ico, well these people should try some honest hard work and try and create something uniue to offer to crypto.

Oooh, but wait.. that would involve hard work and dedication and not just some vapour ware to put on some ICO that does not even have any developments but will end up getting 500+ BTC for a whitepaper promising unicorns and flying monkeys.

So, i am happy the code is closed source FOR NOW and for how ever long IOC want to keep it that way, who knows, maybe IOC will make big deal with a company and it shall forever remain closed source.

But in no way, should anyone think bad of $IOC for wanting to safeguard their code, that they spent a lot of money making and also a lot of time, that money cant buy.

We have seen already Devs from other projects trying their best to get their hands on the code, why the hell should IOC give it up freely to people who are too lazy to do the hard work them-self.  So any one coming here to get a hand out , dont waste your time.

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:07:00 PM

Well, if you can attach a file to the block chain and transfer it with an Alias, then you should be able to set up an automated distribution system where you get paid and the wallet transfers the file ownership to the customer, correct?

I ask, because if you set up a bunch of block chain addresses with files, then they are perpetuated on the chain and no need for a storage server and all that goes into keeping it running.

Just thinking about the uses that are coming and why they will be practical.

I think this is bigger than many realize at this point.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:30:57 PM

Well, if you can attach a file to the block chain and transfer it with an Alias, then you should be able to set up an automated distribution system where you get paid and the wallet transfers the file ownership to the customer, correct?

I ask, because if you set up a bunch of block chain addresses with files, then they are perpetuated on the chain and no need for a storage server and all that goes into keeping it running.

Hmm not sure unless they did some sort of p2sh smart contract something like a hltc with secret.  What you can do is have an escrow service. The merchant will transfer and the buyer will release once he gets the file and checks the hash matches the offer description (i assume you include the hash of the file in some sort of public offer).

Doing it interactively autonomously would require wallet to be online which is less than desired. Offline design leads to either turing complete design or escrow.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:54:24 PM

Hmm not sure unless they did some sort of p2sh smart contract something like a hltc with secret.  What you can do is have an escrow service. The merchant will transfer and the buyer will release once he gets the file and checks the hash matches the offer description (i assume you include the hash of the file in some sort of public offer).

Doing it interactively autonomously would require wallet to be online which is less than desired. Offline design leads to either turing complete design or escrow.

So why would an open wallet be any different than a server with access to it?  If you had a wallet that only kept addresses assigned to unique files the worst that could happen is someone get access to all files in that wallet.  Nice thing about the block chain is that if someone were to do that and you keyed the files to those unique addresses, I do not see where there couldn't be a check system in place to invalidate stolen files in that instance.  You would effectively burn those tokens.  No different than licenses on software now that needs the key to use it.

And, if files were stored on the block chain, why would you have to run an open wallet?  Open the wallet to transfer the alias and close it.  If it can be done manually, it can certainly be done automatically with software.  That is the point of computers......

(Certainly if it was really easy to do, it would already be done!)

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:45:50 PM

So why would an open wallet be any different than a server with access to it?  If you had a wallet that only kept addresses assigned to unique files the worst that could happen is someone get access to all files in that wallet.  Nice thing about the block chain is that if someone were to do that and you keyed the files to those unique addresses, I do not see where there couldn't be a check system in place to invalidate stolen files in that instance.  You would effectively burn those tokens.  No different than licenses on software now that needs the key to use it.

And, if files were stored on the block chain, why would you have to run an open wallet?  Open the wallet to transfer the alias and close it.  If it can be done manually, it can certainly be done automatically with software.  That is the point of computers......

In order to transfer from one address to another you need to provide signature signed with private key of old owner thus the transfer must happen while wallet is online and a script can do it via zeromq or whatever watching for transactions. The system would either require interactivity (better to use escrow) or be in a smart contract that allows transfer on blockchain with predefined requirements.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:00:58 PM

In order to transfer from one address to another you need to provide signature signed with private key of old owner thus the transfer must happen while wallet is online and a script can do it via zeromq or whatever watching for transactions. The system would either require interactivity (better to use escrow) or be in a smart contract that allows transfer on blockchain with predefined requirements.

Which was just shown in the video showing IOC transferring ownership via the alias.  So, back to my original premise, which is where block chains are going if they are going to actually be used in the real world......

If you cannot get there, then there is not much point here.  Block chains are not re-inventing the wheel, they are just rolling the wheel another way.
CorruptSpace

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:19:54 PM

from what i got in the video demo this is not an online wallet or lite wallet so transfer aliases is done in a full node staking html 5 wallet. Devs get ready shit your pants im loading up on ioc, fuck polo and the fud
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 10:00:28 PM

Just want it launched so I can play with it!   I am still amazed that people in the coin world do not get that these wallets need to be able to be open and used to create commerce so that the average everyday person can use them.  If that is not made true, coins will go nowhere except the exchanges to be speculated on.

Mass adoption through ease of use is the only path for coins to make it in the world, otherwise they are just play things for geeks and piggy banks for smart whales!
isKing

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 10:49:56 AM

Just want it launched so I can play with it!   I am still amazed that people in the coin world do not get that these wallets need to be able to be open and used to create commerce so that the average everyday person can use them.  If that is not made true, coins will go nowhere except the exchanges to be speculated on.

Mass adoption through ease of use is the only path for coins to make it in the world, otherwise they are just play things for geeks and piggy banks for smart whales!

You couldn't be more right, in fact Andreas Antonopulos does a great talk about this on one of his talks. IOC is heading in the right direction, for sure we will see a shake out in the coming years to determine what can felicitate real growth for blockchain technology, and what is simply future speculation. Because at the end of the day the future is just that, the future. We need tools for today and I strongly believe IOC is just that.
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:31:15 PM

Just want it launched so I can play with it!   I am still amazed that people in the coin world do not get that these wallets need to be able to be open and used to create commerce so that the average everyday person can use them.  If that is not made true, coins will go nowhere except the exchanges to be speculated on.

You couldn't be more right, in fact Andreas Antonopulos does a great talk about this on one of his talks. IOC is heading in the right direction, for sure we will see a shake out in the coming years to determine what can felicitate real growth for blockchain technology, and what is simply future speculation. Because at the end of the day the future is just that, the future. We need tools for today and I strongly believe IOC is just that.

+100

Joel and the ioc team are way ahead of many in this spa ce, many people are used to only the  qt wallets, online wallets or web wallets.

DioNS brings something new and exciting in the space

The only people are fuddin are the devs from other coins with their testicles in a twist becuase they cant get a hand out so thy can use it on their shitcoin project.

Ioc is the real deal.  If i was the ioc team i would never open source this.

Make them work for it!

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:32:59 PM

+100

Joel and the ioc team are way ahead of many in this spa ce, many people are used to only the  qt wallets, online wallets or web wallets.

DioNS brings something new and exciting in the space

The only people are fuddin are the devs from other coins with their testicles in a twist becuase they cant get a hand out so thy can use it on their shitcoin project.

Ioc is the real deal.  If i was the ioc team i would never open source this.

Make them work for it!

Open source is not the issue.  Being the leader is.  Lead on and don't look back!
Pages: « 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 [206] 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: