Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:51:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Storjcoin X (SJCX) - A Coin for Decentralized Cloud Storage  (Read 400918 times)
crazydeadmoth

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 10:41:49 AM

Megaupload 2.0 plans aims to utilize blockchain based storage services such as Storj.

https://bnktothefuture.com/pitches/megaupload-2-0-bitcache

Such as stroj, is it confirmed?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
aidia

Activity: 257

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 10:44:15 AM

Megaupload 2.0 plans aims to utilize blockchain based storage services such as Storj.

Go and read the link. It says so in their pitch.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 04, 2016, 11:28:04 PM

Go and read the link. It says so in their pitch.

"We aim to utilize Blockchain based storage services such as Storj, Maidsafe and others for file storage and our own custom technology built on top of Bitcoin that allow micro-transaction to be attached to every file."

Storj mentioned before Maidsafe and others (must be alphabetical order?!) or perhaps level of current availability!
This is still somehow below the radar, time enough to buckle up. Raising funds during the next 19 days and "Bitcoin" mostly filling their boilerplate. If this might become huge, it will go Mega-huge.

aidia

View Profile
October 06, 2016, 08:09:54 AM

Storj Master Plan

The plan that will take Storj and Storj Labs Inc. from zero users to a next generation storage platform for the web consists of four stages:

1) Build an object storage platform for developers and businesses.
2) Build a marketplace for Storj based apps, where developers offer applications that allow users to own their data.
3) Use cryptocurrency tokens (SJCX) as an incentive to have renters and farmers work together.
4) Remove the human, automate everything, and eliminate trust wherever possible.

Let´s take a closer look at how Storj is planning to accomplish each one of these goals.

Developers build applications

When you download the latest cat picture sharing app, most likely you won’t know or care about where the application data is actually being stored. Developers make the decision on data storage for the many applications their users rely on. Traditionally, developers have predominantly used centralized cloud storage options on platforms such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.

We are building Storj to be a better data storage option for developers’ applications than traditional centralized cloud storage solutions. Some of the main benefits are:

User/device encryption by default - Traditional cloud storage can be compromised by hacking the cloud storage provider’s servers or by exposing the developers’ keys. In contrast, data stored on Storj is encrypted/decrypted on the user’s own device. No one else should have access to the data for the application to function, other than the user.

Increased performance - Storj operates on a P2P network allowing users to connect to multiple peers, so files can be stored and retrieved faster on this distributed network than would be possible using the traditional nearest data center.

More uptime - Because Storj is a distributed and decentralized network, there is no central point of failure like in traditional centralized cloud storage networks. This means more access to your data when you want it.

Better prices - Storj doesn’t have to build a $600M data center to serve users. Instead, we use excess storage resources from real people like you and me. This means savings for developers, which they can pass on to the user or use to build better features.

Better privacy - Storj operates a zero-knowledge system which does not need to know anything about the data stored on the network in order to be able to operate. This means the USER’s data stays private, and properly built applications can take advantage of this as well.

Open source and free software - We believe our code should be open so it can be verified, and developers can modify it to fit the problems they are trying to solve.

These are just some points that make Storj a better option than the traditional cloud.

The first step is to make Storj easy to integrate and use for developer applications. This makes developers’ lives easier, and allows them to pass along the cost savings, security, privacy, and performance features to their users.

Connect the apps, with users in control

If you store your pictures on something like Dropbox, can you then download them again from your iCloud photos app? Well the answer is no, because Dropbox controls that information. We want to put the control back in the user’s hands. Imagine a world where you can store your data in one of your applications, and retrieve that same data from any of your other applications at your discretion. That’s the power of a unified storage layer with the users in control. Even with information sharing between applications, the process is very secure because the data is encrypted with keys only the user controls. Plus, only the user can approve information sharing between applications.

Now a good question would be: “Why would applications give up their current control of user data?” While this practice would keep users inside their application and nowhere else, the answer is pretty simple: user base. Consider an App 1 with features A and B, App 2 with features C and D, and App 3 with features A and E. They each have a user base of 5,000 users. App 1 and App 2 implement Storj as their backend and use its standards for storage, user accounts, and authentication. Now all their combined 10,000 users have access to features A, B, C and D in both applications with minimal effort. App 3 just can’t compete with the combined user base and features of Apps 1 and 2.
If this sounds familiar, that’s because it already exists in some closed personal cloud implementations like iCloud and Google Drive. Unfortunately, Apple and Google control access to this data, when it should be the users themselves instead.

Connect renters and farmers, creating a self-sustaining ecosystem

Renters pay farmers in SJCX to store their data in the network. Farmers will use SJCX to cover their costs, and it will also be used in various ways to support/organize the network and prevent spam. We envision that as the network progresses, applications will support direct usage of SJCX, making it easier for farmers to spend their SJCX. This creates a self-sustaining ecosystem where SJCX is recycled back into the network instead of being sold.

Since the only source of farmer’s income is through renters, we also envision farmers working closer with renters to increase the amount of data and data usage in the network. For example, if a renter uploads a series of very popular files, some farmers might even pay that renter to ensure they get an early copy of the data, as they will earn much more money from the many users that will request to download that data soon after. Another example could be farmers cooperating with renters to promote data downloads to third parties, as getting more views for the renters’ content results in more income for the farmers. This would be a special use case and not the rule, but because Storj is an incentivized open market, farmers and renters are free to work together in unique ways. This collaboration can open up some novel methods of content distribution.

Automate everything, and remove the human

Unfortunately, humans are usually the weakness of any system. People make mistakes, so we must replace them with public, auditable, and transparent systems that function logically. With the advent of Bitcoin and blockchain technology we finally have a great example of how to build these systems. While public, auditable, and transparent systems are great, they rarely scale easily. For example, Bitcoin can only handle five to seven transactions per second, while the centralized VISA system can handle an average of 2,000 transactions per second. However, there are some ideas on how this could be solved, but there is still lots of work left to do.

We want to automate as much of the Storj network as we can and rely on trustless technologies as much as possible. This will take time, and while it may be impossible to make any system fully trustless, we will try to get it as close as we can. The litmus test is that the entire Storj team should be able to take a trip to the Moon (where internet connectivity is lacking), and the network should still continue to function and thrive. This is actually already implemented now, as it is still possible to retrieve data from the underlying P2P network even with the Storj Labs Inc. bridge services offline, as long as the application has the extra logic to handle that case.

Other than just automating to ensure better privacy, security, and robustness, we need to accommodate future use cases. Right now we assume that you are a human signing up for the service. Going forward, we might need to be more open minded. For example, in the future your smart fridge is not going to be able to swipe a credit card to pay its data needs. It should be able to create an account on Storj, and use that storage space without human interaction. As long as the smart fridge pays like the rest of us (though cryptocurrency), everything should be fine. This automation will enable Storj to be used for Distributed Autonomous Organizations and IoT.

We should always remember that Storj was named after the futuristic StorJ concept by Bitcoin Core developer Gregory Maxwell. He described a vision of a cloud storage system that was run by many trustless autonomous AIs. This sparked the vision and name that is Storj today. We want that future now, but we understand that we will get there one building block at a time.

So let´s recap how Storj will be building the next generation storage platform for the web:

- Developers build apps using Storj as the data layer.
- Connect the apps on a marketplace, with users in control.
- Use cryptocurrency to create a self-sustaining ecosystem with market efficiencies.
- Transition to a fully automated and trustless system, which will form the base layer for IoT and decentralized autonomous organizations.
- Activate a friendlier version of Skynet.

Shawn Wilkinson
CEO/CTO of Storj Labs Inc.

Source: http://blog.storj.io/post//storj-master-plan
aidia

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 10:16:50 PM

John Quinn from Storj labs made interesting tweet couple hours ago.

Cox Enterprises (Fortune 500 company) announced as customer, will store 1PB of data in Storj network.

https://twitter.com/StorjQ/status/793898764335390720

http://www.coxenterprises.com/
Financisto

Activity: 631
Merit: 767

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 01:53:37 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2016, 05:17:00 AM by Financisto

Cox Enterprises (Fortune 500 company) announced as customer, will store 1PB of data in Storj network.

Finally we have a solid fact that seems really interesting here.

@super3 presenting @storjproject at @VentureAtlanta and announcing first Fortune 500 customer, @CoxEnterprises storing 1PB of data
We hope there'll be more customers like that in the coming future.

I wish all SJCX holders good luck!

BitcoinTalk's ESCROW Providers: Ranking & BlacklistLIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
aidia

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 06:59:33 AM

Finally we have a solid fact that seems really interesting here.

@super3 presenting @storjproject at @VentureAtlanta and announcing first Fortune 500 customer, @CoxEnterprises storing 1PB of data
We hope there'll be more customers like that in the coming future.

I wish all SJCX holders good luck!

Yes. It might take some time though for crypto peeps to understand that we now have a real life blockchain project that actually has CUSTOMERS.  Roll Eyes Grin
wence1975

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2016, 01:31:07 PM

Hi
Could anybody help me with farmer issues?
Running 2.0.17 on win 7.
Everything was ok till about 2 days ago.
Now have 75 peers conected but not activity.
Log file showing error "[1478352335713] Log file created.
{warn} [Sat Nov 05 2016 14:25:37 GMT+0100 (Central Europe Standard Time)] you are not publicly reachable, trying traversal strategies...
{warn} [Sat Nov 05 2016 14:25:39 GMT+0100 (Central Europe Standard Time)] could not connect to NAT device via UPnP: 57832
"

Thank you
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 04:31:40 PM

I have just started using SJCX with 5GB of my drive for the test and I wonder how much times should I wait for the first contract?
How long should I wait till I get any credit and is 5gb sufficent to get anything?

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 03:34:58 AM

You can get help and more info on the Storj Rocket Chat.  community.storj.io

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
wrxbuzz

Activity: 291

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 03:40:09 AM

Do they have slack? I like slack more than this.   Wink
aidia

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 11:25:57 AM

Do they have slack? I like slack more than this.   Wink

Storj is switching to rocketchat from Slack because they are hitting the 5000 user limit all the time.

aidia

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 11:27:19 AM

I have just started using SJCX with 5GB of my drive for the test and I wonder how much times should I wait for the first contract?
How long should I wait till I get any credit and is 5gb sufficent to get anything?

5GB is very, very small. Except pennies from it if even that. You can fit more to a flash drive...

Payouts for farmers are once a month currently.
Financisto

Activity: 631
Merit: 767

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 06:01:10 AM

Just remember that we've got something like good 128GB 3.0 USB Flash Drives nowadays and I hope we'll see the market full of Universal Flash Storage (UFS) cards soon...

BitcoinTalk's ESCROW Providers: Ranking & BlacklistLIST • FOSS BrainwalletsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
adamvp

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 09:10:31 AM

I had 240mb (of my tested 5gb) and it stops increasing..
What should I do?

And my another question is.. every piece of data is copied 3times, right?.. but what if 3copies will be destroyed in the same time (or 3users will turn off storj in one time)?

tempestb

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 04:20:55 AM

You'll get better help on Rocketchat community.storj.io

Right now, Storj is in beta and storage is free but not guaranteed to remain available until it emerges from beta.  So you are storing files at your own risk.

File storage can be replicated up to 10 times.  The default is 3.

They are going to introduce error correction, so that should help prevent loss of data. 

adamvp

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:04:40 PM

You'll get better help on Rocketchat community.storj.io

Right now, Storj is in beta and storage is free but not guaranteed to remain available until it emerges from beta.  So you are storing files at your own risk.

File storage can be replicated up to 10 times.  The default is 3.

They are going to introduce error correction, so that should help prevent loss of data. 

Thanks
I have no time to enter every good coin slack so I'd like to get answer here.
I hope rate will be soon more clear f.e. I will see dynamic amount of earned storj..
I have one more question.
What if someone put forbidden content?

tempestb

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 08:51:25 PM

I don't work for Storj, so I'm not going to fetch anything for you.  You'll have to do that for yourself.

The way payment happens right now, is that Storj is paying farmers during the beta.  They distribute 1 million coins (I believe) and depending on how many farmers there are, each gets a percentage of that amount.  You earn more if you have a constant up-time, you have active contracts and you are holding data (Not just offering space), and if you have 1,000 SJCX as collateral (Although this feature may not be implemented at this time.)   So the amount you would make varies by all of these factors.

Even when Storj is out of beta, you would only make what people are going to pay you for storage.  Depending on how available your shared drive is, and the speed of your network, will ultimately determine how much you may make.  Without question, the algo will likely provide contracts to farmers who are older vs new.  The longer you are involved as a farmer, the more contracts you will appreciate.

To your last question...

What happens if someone uploads something forbidden.  At least at the outset, you would not know this.  All data being uploaded is encrypted, and split up.  Your shared drive would contain 8 megabyte encrypted chunks of data that you have no way of seeing. 

Law enforcement would likely reach out to the Storj team, or whoever hosts the Bridge.  (Anyone can host a bridge, but the bridge handles payouts, so likely Storj will manage the bridge for most farmers.)  The Storj team would "likely" provide information to law enforcement, and if provided the files, could purge them or at the very least, prevent the files from being downloaded via the Bridge.  (Which is essentially required.)

Storj isn't meant (AFAIK) to be a darknet.  It's meant to give you control over your data and keep anyone else's eyes off of it. 

Now that all being said, the actual file system currently allows files to be uploaded unencrypted and retrieved unencrypted.  So it is currently possible for someone to upload an illegal file to you, and you would be hosting it in the clear.  You would still be legally protected under the same rules that govern ISP's (At least in the United States.) but it could still be a nightmare of legality to deal with.

Storj farmers will eventually be able to determine what kind of data they want to host.  I don't know the details of this, or how they intend to actually patrol this other than mimetype tags.  Encryption may also never be mandatory.  I haven't heard word about this either.  If the intended use of the KFS system is to branch into other applications beyond file hosting, it may not be something they'll want to implement.

It is still early days, and Storj is coming along fine.  A lot of these issues will be taken up and dealt with as they get closer to the official launch.  When that happens, more details can and will be provided, I'm sure.

In my opinion, Storj's strength lies in the torrent like downloading apparatus that it uses.  Rather than being tied to one host's upload limit for your whole file, you can start downloading 100 pieces (Or more or less) of your file at once.  This provides maximum utilization of your download bandwidth. 

CryptoTraderGuildGM

Activity: 504

Trade WEALTH for Good Karma

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 06:43:04 AM

We're proud to announce that we have finished our airdrop! If you hold at least one of the Counterparty based assets listed below, YOUR WALLET maybe one of the lucky recepients. We divided the 4,600,000 KarmaToken (KTN) Airdrop fund among 9000 wallets and everyone of them received 511 KTN, IF YOU HOLD THESE ASSETS ON CRYPTO EXCHANGES, BE SURE TO ASK THEM TO CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT! Those KTN are yours!

We will be requesting POLONIEX, BITTREX and BLEUTRADE to list KTN on their exchanges ASAP. You can also do the same personally. BTW If you have installed a Counterparty based APP, like Indiesquare and Book of Orbs, chances are some of them have received the KTN too.

At this point we have sent ALL the 4,600,000+ airdrop fund shares of the following Counterparty asset holders:

KARMATOKEN - Lucky 72 wallets, the asset group received a total of 36,792  KTN

CTGTOKENS - Lucky 21 wallets, the asset group received a total of 10,731 KTN

TOKENLY - Lucky 10 wallets, the asset group received a total of 5,110 KTN

PEPECASH -Lucky 661 wallets, the asset group received a total of 337,771 KTN

PROTOXENIUM - Lucky 58 wallets, the asset group received a total of 29,638 KTN

BITCRYSTALS - Lucky 842 wallets, the asset group received a total of 430,262

FLDC - Lucky 1,905 wallets the asset group received a total of 973,455 KTN

SJCX - Lucky  3164 wallets the asset group received a total of 1,616,804 KTN

LTBC- Lucky  2264 wallets the asset group received a total of 1,158,948 KTN

As much as possible, we avoided sending 511 to the same address holding multiple assets listed above. We  are happily human Cheesy

Congratulations once again. You now have the tokens of goodwill ambassadors! Welcome to the Good Karma Society.
Our Indiesquare wallet installation PROMO is still going on for another 100 KTN.

----------=======oO( .Y .)Oo======----------
BTC Tip: 1CWoG7LUrMgqWH8vuqazAR86Zg2e57qcLp https://www.karmatoken.net/events KTN Tip: 1PLCHmq6PqeUv7M4dj8PtD6WDVFB1Nri9T 
-----------=======oO(   Y   )Oo======-----------
adamvp

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:30:33 AM

We're proud to announce that we have finished our airdrop! If you hold at least one of the Counterparty based assets listed below, YOUR WALLET maybe one of the lucky recepients. We divided the 4,600,000 KarmaToken (KTN) Airdrop fund among 9000 wallets and everyone of them received 511 KTN, IF YOU HOLD THESE ASSETS ON CRYPTO EXCHANGES, BE SURE TO ASK THEM TO CREDIT YOUR ACCOUNT! Those KTN are yours!

We will be requesting POLONIEX, BITTREX and BLEUTRADE to list KTN on their exchanges ASAP. You can also do the same personally. BTW If you have installed a Counterparty based APP, like Indiesquare and Book of Orbs, chances are some of them have received the KTN too.

At this point we have sent ALL the 4,600,000+ airdrop fund shares of the following Counterparty asset holders:

KARMATOKEN - Lucky 72 wallets, the asset group received a total of 36,792  KTN

CTGTOKENS - Lucky 21 wallets, the asset group received a total of 10,731 KTN

TOKENLY - Lucky 10 wallets, the asset group received a total of 5,110 KTN

PEPECASH -Lucky 661 wallets, the asset group received a total of 337,771 KTN

PROTOXENIUM - Lucky 58 wallets, the asset group received a total of 29,638 KTN

BITCRYSTALS - Lucky 842 wallets, the asset group received a total of 430,262

FLDC - Lucky 1,905 wallets the asset group received a total of 973,455 KTN

SJCX - Lucky  3164 wallets the asset group received a total of 1,616,804 KTN

LTBC- Lucky  2264 wallets the asset group received a total of 1,158,948 KTN

As much as possible, we avoided sending 511 to the same address holding multiple assets listed above. We  are happily human Cheesy

Congratulations once again. You now have the tokens of goodwill ambassadors! Welcome to the Good Karma Society.
Our Indiesquare wallet installation PROMO is still going on for another 100 KTN.

Very nice :d
I have to check in a while my XCP wallet

But I have entered there to ask about Storj payment..
Could you tell me what was condition to enter the list? Many of my friends which host stroj have not got payment.. and why?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: