Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:08:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 126705 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:31:53 PM

Sigh.... Lol i'm sick of waiting. BTW, mad low volume today.. Less than 3 BTC?!?

Some coins can barely manage .1 btc daily ... 3 btc on a slow day isn't that bad. I remember when Drk wasn't even getting 3 btc/daily on Bittrex for a while.

I guess it is true that 3 days = 300 years in cryptotime. People really have no patience at all.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mothermole1

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:37:59 PM

Sigh.... Lol i'm sick of waiting. BTW, mad low volume today.. Less than 3 BTC?!?

Some coins can barely manage .1 btc daily ... 3 btc on a slow day isn't that bad. I remember when Drk wasn't even getting 3 btc/daily on Bittrex for a while.

I guess it is true that 3 days = 300 years in cryptotime. People really have no patience at all.

I guess that's true.. I find that the hype surrounding a coin can really make or break people's perceptions of its value and worth. If a coin which was well received a few days ago (35BTC per day) suddenly drops to page 3 on Bittrex with 3BTC per day of volume, people's perceptions may be that it is a scam, PnD or any other negative thing. I realise that the price WILL rise again, I just worry that the whales and speculators who drive a lot of crypto's volume and velocity will pass over the coin. Doge lost its whales and speculators and NO amount of community endeavour could save the 90% loss in market cap over 6 months. /rant
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:46:37 PM

I guess that's true.. I find that the hype surrounding a coin can really make or break people's perceptions of its value and worth. If a coin which was well received a few days ago (35BTC per day) suddenly drops to page 3 on Bittrex with 3BTC per day of volume, people's perceptions may be that it is a scam, PnD or any other negative thing. I realise that the price WILL rise again, I just worry that the whales and speculators who drive a lot of crypto's volume and velocity will pass over the coin. Doge lost its whales and speculators and NO amount of community endeavour could save the 90% loss in market cap over 6 months. /rant

I suppose. But I never equate volume as to meaning a coin is good or not. Also not sure if GPC has even been about long enough to attract whales... a big whale could simply swallow the coin whole. I think it's just a lot of us little fish swimming in GPC right now.

Things that could help is if the dev did some of that hiring stuff, got more folks involved and there were more discussions on potential new coin features. I think some of that may have moved over to reddit, but it's been sort of quiet here in that regard the past couple of days.

So long as folks see an active dev or team, see things being worked on or discussed, it sort of keeps people a bit less on edge... basically helps support the price of a coin while things are being worked on.
C2

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:37:47 AM

do you have enough Community Development Fund yet, Bosman?

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SyRsE9KjrSS3UmY9pLCUmU8UGBJtH3Qq8D
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:14:17 AM

I haven't gone anywhere and I have ended up staking a large amount of BTC on the project to help invigorate the GPC project. That said, the ultimate goal is decentralization of the GPC projects development...

I need you guys to support and expand the project. This is as much your coin as it is mine! If you're looking for a one trick pony I am not that kind of dev. I am saddened that I haven't had the response that I've been looking for but I will persevere. Step up to the plate folks, show me your leadership. I will keep going and spending BTC on futuring this project, but without you this will not reach it's full potential

Complete decentralization of the project's development... hmm... not so sure how that would work. You could end up with the 'too many cooks' problem.

I offered up some suggestions earlier as to possible coin features to consider adding. I'm not a reddit person, so no idea what is being discussed there. But besides simply offering suggestions on what steps to consider, not entirely sure what sort of response you are looking for.
yweetot

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:42:57 AM

I suppose. But I never equate volume as to meaning a coin is good or not. Also not sure if GPC has even been about long enough to attract whales... a big whale could simply swallow the coin whole. I think it's just a lot of us little fish swimming in GPC right now.

Things that could help is if the dev did some of that hiring stuff, got more folks involved and there were more discussions on potential new coin features. I think some of that may have moved over to reddit, but it's been sort of quiet here in that regard the past couple of days.

So long as folks see an active dev or team, see things being worked on or discussed, it sort of keeps people a bit less on edge... basically helps support the price of a coin while things are being worked on.

I haven't gone anywhere and I have ended up staking a large amount of BTC on the project to help invigorate the GPC project. That said, the ultimate goal is decentralization of the GPC projects development...

I need you guys to support and expand the project. This is as much your coin as it is mine! If you're looking for a one trick pony I am not that kind of dev. I am saddened that I haven't had the response that I've been looking for but I will persevere. Step up to the plate folks, show me your leadership. I will keep going and spending BTC on futuring this project, but without you this will not reach it's full potential

Do not give up, we can find the right person to develop together Grin

mothermole1

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:01:54 AM

Do not give up, we can find the right person to develop together Grin

I think that the problem is that developers are either wary about getting paid in a coin which isn't guaranteed to pump in price, along with the fact that most developers are wary of joining new projects which  may go bust (not saying it will).

I feel that maybe the GPC devs will need to be enticed to the project via payments in BTC and future payments in GPC.
Bosman, if you put a bounty for a dev with 2BTC payment on delivery, that is WAY more enticing than a payment for 200,000 GPC, which they may pass over as a scam. We know that GPC is great, prospective developers need to come to this forum via promise of real profits for them. What do you reckon?
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:05:10 AM

I think the market's waiting to see if the dev at the core of this coin is a solid dev. I think the same also goes for the community - community support might come after people see how solid the development foundation is with this coin. Looks like a lot is riding on your "Project X".
artmp3

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:33:33 AM

I personally think that everyone is over-dramatizing everything. Just chill out on the hyper-speculation of things and support the coin that you felt worthy of you being a part of in the first place.
artmp3

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:52:55 AM

I personally think that everyone is over-dramatizing everything. Just chill out on the hyper-speculation of things and support the coin that you felt worthy of you being a part of in the first place.

I am inclined to agree, but with one caveat. The dev Bosman has said that there is a problem recruiting potential staff for the coin. That needs to be addressed as a very important part of the growth. Doge suffered a falling out between the two main players and that further createda downspiral. Management, even decentralized management is crucial to the growth and attraction of qualified members of staff, referring to my previous post.

TL;DR
We need an active community beyond generating 'nice-to-have' ideas and passively watching markets.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. What I was actually talking about but to a less extreme is, This is not dogecoin, this is not any other coin. This is Groupcoin. This is a coin of unprecedence. It just feels like even associating ourselves with other names, subliminally gives the impression that we should be thought of comparatively.

I don't know, maybe i'm just blowing crap out my ass, lol. and if that's the case, sorry

mothermole1

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:13:20 AM

I am inclined to agree, but with one caveat. The dev Bosman has said that there is a problem recruiting potential staff for the coin. That needs to be addressed as a very important part of the growth. Doge suffered a falling out between the two main players and that further createda downspiral. Management, even decentralized management is crucial to the growth and attraction of qualified members of staff, referring to my previous post.

TL;DR
We need an active community beyond generating 'nice-to-have' ideas and passively watching markets.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. What I was actually talking about but to a less extreme is, This is not dogecoin, this is not any other coin. This is Groupcoin. This is a coin of unprecedence. It just feels like even associating ourselves with other names, subliminally gives the impression that we should be thought of comparatively.

I don't know, maybe i'm just blowing crap out my ass, lol. and if that's the case, sorry

I agree. I want this experiment to work out. Sadly I'm not qualified for any of those positions advertised as I have a much too busy work schedule to commit to anything beyond a few bitcoins invested and some time on the forum. We need to attract the right developers and marketers who can be at least part-time devoted to the betterment of the coin. Hard to find on a sceptical platform like BTCTalk am I right? Again, I reckon it's a matter of incentivizing joining the GROUPCoin experience for any fence-sitters. Usually best achieved via BTC changing hands Smiley Smiley
PvPpro

Activity: 71

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:15:14 PM

DEAD LIKE SHIT GPC TO 50 SATOSHI IN 1 DAY!

TOO MANY SHITHOLDERS ON GPC , THIS COIN IS GOING TO MAX 500 SATOSHI!

THIS PROJECT IS JUST  TO MAKE YOU HOLD YOUR COINS AND DONT DUMP, WHILE BOSSMAN IS SELLING SLOWLY, THIS COIN IS NOT GOING TO RECOVER NEVERMORE

BOSSMAN DONT KNOW HOT DEVELOPE A WEBSITE OR  A COIN EVEN A IRC FREENODE CHAT

BOSSMAN DONT HIRE ANYONE TO DEVELOP HIS COIN YET

BOSSMAN STAY ONLY ON TROLLBOX ALL TIME MAKING HYPE OF HIS COIN

WHAT IS BETTER HAVE SOME BTC YET OR DIE AND SELL YOUR COINS FOR 50 SATOSHI AND CRY AFTER BOSSMAN VANISH!

100% PRE-MINE+TOO MANY HUGE BAGHOLDERS= GET OUT!

DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:23:58 PM

lol you made my day!

Name:    PvPpro
Activity:    0
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    August 11, 2014, 11:27:42 PM
stuffage1

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:41:20 PM

lol you made my day!

it took him so many hours to come up with that stuff he wrote, i thought fudders used templates.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:42:10 PM

lol you made my day!

it took him so many hours to come up with that stuff he wrote, i thought fudders used templates.

right as he only created to spread FUD
stuffage1

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:49:08 PM

lol you made my day!

however your timing was not bad with the drop in price, i would of spent around 0.8 BTC and sold into the sell side and drive it slow down to 150 sat, then i would imagine you would of seen the effect you wanted to create.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:50:02 PM

lol you made my day!

however your timing was not bad with the drop in price, i would of spent around 0.8 BTC and sold into the sell side and drive it slow down to 150 sat, then i would imagine you would of seen the effect you wanted to create.

but his FUD will fail if no one listens
stuffage1

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:55:50 PM

lol you made my day!

but his FUD will fail if no one listens

no one is listening because he failed in creating the illusion of panic.  just spewing a few lines of text is not enough now days, so hopefully saying what i just did will counter his next move Cool.

although i would of loved to pick up some more at 150 sats.
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:02:46 PM

Surprisingly lame attempt at fud there. I think a lot of trolls/fud spreaders are getting lazy nowadays. I mean, at least get the name of the dev right? And in his own post he states the coin max will be 500? Well, that's an improvement over what it is now.

Sort of like someone spreading fud saying coin may lower... or higher! Get out now! Weird attempt there.

yweetot

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:33:52 PM

What happened. How not to publish the project "X"Undecided Undecided

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: