Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:24:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 126705 times)
funbitcoins

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

Let's have fun!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:33:35 AM

Hello GPC Community,

It saddens me to announce my decision to withdraw my position from the GPC PM role. After much thought and reflection, I feel it would be best for the community if I transferred leadership to members of the community who can dedicate their time and talents on a level far greater then I can. I am not running away or abandoning the project. I am however relinquishing decision making to those who can contribute more than I can. I invested a majority of my BTC into purchasing this coin with the hopes and belief that I could recruit the talent myself that in turn could propel this project to new levels. I soon discovered that this was much more difficult than I ever imagined.

I want the best for GPC, I know there are those out there that can do a better job than I.

That said, lets get together and form a team comprised of the best of you who can take this coin further than I ever could.

I have shared my twitter account with francecrypto and cryptofish, if either of you are interested I can hand over full control to the account.

As well, in regards to the OP, I will keep the thread opened until I have someone reach out to me who will start a new thread and incorporate the previous content. I can assist in it's content creation if necessary.

I can also release the login information to the GITHUB account, I'd like it to be the same person/team who takes over for the BCT thread and twitter (if possible).

The past several months in this space have been crazy and volatile. I dreamed of deploying a solution to combat it, however I feel I have fallen short. I don't doubt the talent exists out there that can challenge the status-quo, however I feel I lack the talent and expertise to achieve that for you.

Like I said, I am not going to disappear. Please contact me via PM if you feel you can take the commanders seat! I will support you in any way I can.

Thanks to all who have committed so much to this project. I have no doubt that the right person for this job is just around the corner.

Thank you,

Bosman.

It's sad to hear this  Sad

I just can't believe you decide the step down so soon  Shocked

And I think even you do want to step down, you better announce it AFTER you find a good successor
jmsr1978

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 08:42:05 AM

Honestly... this is what i could call "SCAM" and the worst is that people are accepting that so easily. I bought this GPC at 1000 bits because of the whitepaper, promises of development and all the news here that @Bosman was posting and now he say it is leaving, why? Because was all a big scam? It is the only thing i could think right now. Im out of this and wherever i see ur name again @Bosman i know now, it is all fake and scam. Normally i dont write this kind of post but i think now is the best moment to start doing it.

I always find it interesting how people define scams here. There are obvious ones, when devs don't deliver ipo coins... devs who take ipo money and then don't spend it on the coin ... devs make grand promises of features, then bail ... hidden premines, hidden viruses... a number of different flavors of scam.

But if an investor loses money, is it a scam? I have difficulty figuring how how Bosman scammed anyone exactly. He took in around 3 btc, which he stated upfront was a donation, spent a decent portion I expect on the block explorer + mobile wallet + pumping his own coin (in retrospect, I consider that a mistake). If he made any money from trading, it was probably offset somewhat from his expenses supporting the coin.

I do think he probably should stick it out. But if a dev gives it their best shot and it doesn't work out, does it equate to a scam? Just wondering why people may feel that way. And losing your money because you decided to buy the coin at a high does not equate to a scam. It was a bad investment decision, but not necessarily a scam.

He took around 3? BTC in IPO plus all the GPC he had (and of course u will never know how many he sold the first days, dont u?) because was all premine... im not angry because of the lost (0.1 BTC not much) but because i think he didnt give his "best shot" or any shot at all. I dont know him but i was reading here all the time "he is good dev" "we can trust him" and  even with the price down as it is since 3 or 4 days after the launch i was holding (what i normally do with POS coins) and because all this good comments. And now he say is leaving?

Where is thi "08/09/14 - Project "X" is in testing and will be announced 08/12/14 8 PM EST. This is a technical feature/upgrade, not a hiring announcement. Can't wait to blow your socks off"?

You really did dude, u really blow my socks off.

They are different types of scams. Dont u think?

Video editor and graphic designer in love with Cryptocoins!!!
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:00:12 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 10:10:32 AM by DRPD

The User GPCdevteam is asking me to takover groupcoin.info domain.

since this is a brand new account please post here if this allright for the community
Francecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 10:19:40 AM

Well, I honestly prefer active newbie devs than inactive full members..

Good for me

DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:25:46 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 11:05:44 AM by DRPD

Well, I honestly prefer active newbie devs than inactive full members..

Good for me

ok i think just a second confirmation from an active com. member  (no newbie account and there must be some posts in this thread already) and i will start the transfer.

edit: i just had a chat with godaddy and i can't transfer the domain within 60 days. there is transfer lock from icann for 60 days for new registered domains.
so i guess you have to send my dns changes with pm - sorry for that!

PvPpro

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:43:24 PM

The problem with GPC is simple all people want take over the control of all volume,  of this coin to hold and  dont get dumped!

i think with the end of GPC we must retrieve this coin from exchanges becuase  has no more value and interest of comunity!

I am still holding my 400k GPC i prefer  has  nothing than dump  this coin for another one !

Bossman i truted you from the beguining, if you want  to do the right thing for the comunity close  this project and close the GPC markets!

Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 03:00:09 PM

The problem with GPC is simple all people want take over the control of all volume,  of this coin to hold and  dont get dumped!

i think with the end of GPC we must retrieve this coin from exchanges becuase  has no more value and interest of comunity!

I am still holding my 400k GPC i prefer  has  nothing than dump  this coin for another one !

Bossman i truted you from the beguining, if you want  to do the right thing for the comunity close  this project and close the GPC markets!

Translation = I love the coin, i hold 400k bought very high, please dev make the coin die, so i loose all my money...

Or you are a moron, or you think we are  Roll Eyes

Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 03:04:07 PM

On a sidenote, i think if anyone would be invested in the coin and had the capacity to dev they would have stepped up already bosman.

We are just expecting a fucking miracle right there. I'll just consider my money 100% lost at that point. My fault, i shouldn't have invested in a coin that was about finding a dev since the beginning, i should have read.

Nobody in crypto would do that, most are here for the P&D schemes.

This was to be expected.

Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 03:09:51 PM

The space was always like that Smiley You're expectations are just now where they should be ^^

I will finish the logo contest and then take my loss (holding to 1 sat) and forget about my 600$ and crypto altogether as my capital is now gone.

JR77

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:15:45 PM

This is one of my favorite coin,feeling sad as it dying slowly. Sad

╲╲ ╲╲ COINOMAT.COM  ▬▬▬ WITHDRAW YOUR CRYPTO TO ANY BANK CARD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
╱╱ ╱╱                                    INSTANT CRYPTOCURRENCY & FIAT EXCHANGE ✔       |  Vote For New Coins  |  Visit our Twitter |
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:32:12 PM

He took around 3? BTC in IPO plus all the GPC he had (and of course u will never know how many he sold the first days, dont u?) because was all premine... im not angry because of the lost (0.1 BTC not much) but because i think he didnt give his "best shot" or any shot at all. I dont know him but i was reading here all the time "he is good dev" "we can trust him" and  even with the price down as it is since 3 or 4 days after the launch i was holding (what i normally do with POS coins) and because all this good comments. And now he say is leaving?

Where is thi "08/09/14 - Project "X" is in testing and will be announced 08/12/14 8 PM EST. This is a technical feature/upgrade, not a hiring announcement. Can't wait to blow your socks off"?

You really did dude, u really blow my socks off.

They are different types of scams. Dont u think?

The 3 btc from the IPO was a donation. He was upfront from the start that it meant the money went to him for starting and running the coin. That said, he also spent at least some of that money on the coin itself. He paid for the block explorer, mobile wallet + paid to pump the coin.

Project X was the mobile wallet. I don't think he should have kept it secretive as people's imaginations are always greater than reality. I expect a number of people were expecting it to be something bigger, although beats me why... as the coin hasn't been around long enough for any giant projects yet.

And yeah, there are certainly different types of scams. But again, usually a scam makes it a bit clearer as to how the dev made money from it. If he was scamming, logically he would have promised anonymity + other fancy features. I think it'd be the first 'scam' where a dev promises basically nothing besides a coin release, doesn't really have a clear path to raking in a lot of btc, yet still gets called a scam.
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:40:21 PM

The real tragedy here is coins, with 300-1500 BTC ICO's that promise the world way ahead of their proposed development schedule are being allowed to go to market with little to no consequence. If my intention was to scam, this would have been the way I would have approached it. I attempted to do the exact opposite. Think about that.

I am waiting for a responsible, verifiable party, to approach me to look at rebooting the project. I will notify everyone once that person(s) have been discovered and initiate the transition.

This was a novel experiment that I felt could change this space for the better. Instead, I (we) have learned that the majority of those in the alt space only care for quick profits and manipulation to achieve those profits.

The latter point should have been kind of obvious just based on all the quick pump/dumps run on Bittrex for the past several months. Part of the coin's problem may have been timing. If you did this several months ago, before Comm/ITC, perhaps it would have taken off better. Comm is a good example of the community driven coin ... and at first, got a lot of community people involved. Yet they basically ran into the same problem you did, without a real dev team -- coders -- there was nothing really added to their coin as unique features go. It also didn't help that their 'lead dev' more or less did nothing at all.

Saying a coin is run by the community or group is all well and good, but look around here. I mean, really, this alt scene has been described as a cesspool, and it's not that far off. You can get good people, but it'll be hit or miss if any of them sign up to help a coin or not. And finding coders... unless a coder is paid in a LOT of the coin he is working on, I'm not sure why he'd bother. You either need a coder onboard, or btc to pay a coder. Otherwise, a coin just sort of sits there in no-man's land.
Cryptofi$h

Activity: 331
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:45:36 PM

Honestly... this is what i could call "SCAM" and the worst is that people are accepting that so easily. I bought this GPC at 1000 bits because of the whitepaper, promises of development and all the news here that @Bosman was posting and now he say it is leaving, why? Because was all a big scam? It is the only thing i could think right now. Im out of this and wherever i see ur name again @Bosman i know now, it is all fake and scam. Normally i dont write this kind of post but i think now is the best moment to start doing it.

I always find it interesting how people define scams here. There are obvious ones, when devs don't deliver ipo coins... devs who take ipo money and then don't spend it on the coin ... devs make grand promises of features, then bail ... hidden premines, hidden viruses... a number of different flavors of scam.

But if an investor loses money, is it a scam? I have difficulty figuring how how Bosman scammed anyone exactly. He took in around 3 btc, which he stated upfront was a donation, spent a decent portion I expect on the block explorer + mobile wallet + pumping his own coin (in retrospect, I consider that a mistake). If he made any money from trading, it was probably offset somewhat from his expenses supporting the coin.

I do think he probably should stick it out. But if a dev gives it their best shot and it doesn't work out, does it equate to a scam? Just wondering why people may feel that way. And losing your money because you decided to buy the coin at a high does not equate to a scam. It was a bad investment decision, but not necessarily a scam.

This pretty much sums it up (I lost money on GPC, not made).

I have reached the limit of what I can offer for GPC. I feel it is better to generate a discussion on who can do a better job and actually take over than just walk away. I'd hope you all see the positive aspect of this Smiley

I had a vision for this project and learned quickly that there was no buy-in, at least by the people who could facilitate the rolls and responsibilities the coin required.

Unless I raise a pile of BTC and just pay for upgrades, I won't (myself) be able to move GPC forward. I have always been very clear this was a hurdle that needed to be overcome. This project needs devs who can volunteer and invest their time for a return.

I didn't scam anyone, and I was really confident I would get a positive response from the whitepaper. Instead, I got nothing. No one is interested beyond making a quick return.

I speculated, as did many of you, that this would work (at least the way I envisioned it). Nothing is a guarantee, especially in this space. I refused to make any sort of road map for the coin that would stoke further speculation (like so many actual scam coins) because I felt that would be disingenuous.

The real tragedy here is coins, with 300-1500 BTC ICO's that promise the world way ahead of their proposed development schedule are being allowed to go to market with little to no consequence. If my intention was to scam, this would have been the way I would have approached it. I attempted to do the exact opposite. Think about that.

I am waiting for a responsible, verifiable party, to approach me to look at rebooting the project. I will notify everyone once that person(s) have been discovered and initiate the transition.

This was a novel experiment that I felt could change this space for the better. Instead, I (we) have learned that the majority of those in the alt space only care for quick profits and manipulation to achieve those profits.

I will remain here and ready when those who are fed up with the status quo and have the talents necessary to move this project forward connect with me.

I can honestly say I don't believe this was a scam.  Ifor you actually read up on Bosman you can see his motivation and if you dig around you can find info on what his intention was.   I can say from the DMs on his Twitter act that is did not seem to be a scam to me.  There was a fair amount of behind the scenes dialog that I will not share, but was in my opinion on the level.   With a full time job and all the hectic life issues this is a mammoth undertaking.  I had a hard time finding time to just tweet and read up.  Never mind keep trading.  I for one commend you on your effort Bosman and ask the community why almost none of you tried to take ownership and make this "our coin".  Total bystander effect as someone earlier noted.   To those that stepped up you should feel proud.  

CryptoFi$h
hrshak462

Activity: 193

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:28:59 PM

Crypto_Shark delivered the best fud I have ever seen, in my albeit limited time here, by posting as Bosman and then deleting the post. 

No deal, McCutcheon, that moon money is mine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22aZ6avukGY
thandie
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1360

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:26:48 PM

Crypto_Shark delivered the best fud I have ever seen, in my albeit limited time here, by posting as Bosman and then deleting the post. 

Yeah, really disappointing. That kinda crap is all over the place in crypto. Sad.

I dont want regulation however I do feel honest people need to step up and challenge everything that comes to market with an unbiased, objective approach.

Im thinking about taking what I've learned from this experience and applying it towards protecting those from the garbage that has overwhelemed the market.

I have met some great people here, people that if we organize can make a difference.

I feel POD is a great tool and a critical part of the solution. I dont however feel it is the wholesale answer/solution to the problem.

I am going to keep GPC open for community adoption and stay active in order to support a viable transition if one becomes available.

If you're fed up with what has become of the altspace please connect with me.

GPC may have lost the battle, but the community can still win the war. We just need to change our tactics.

Bosman.

+1 Never give up.
damashup

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:32:24 PM

The latter point should have been kind of obvious just based on all the quick pump/dumps run on Bittrex for the past several months. Part of the coin's problem may have been timing. If you did this several months ago, before Comm/ITC, perhaps it would have taken off better. Comm is a good example of the community driven coin ... and at first, got a lot of community people involved. Yet they basically ran into the same problem you did, without a real dev team -- coders -- there was nothing really added to their coin as unique features go. It also didn't help that their 'lead dev' more or less did nothing at all.

Saying a coin is run by the community or group is all well and good, but look around here. I mean, really, this alt scene has been described as a cesspool, and it's not that far off. You can get good people, but it'll be hit or miss if any of them sign up to help a coin or not. And finding coders... unless a coder is paid in a LOT of the coin he is working on, I'm not sure why he'd bother. You either need a coder onboard, or btc to pay a coder. Otherwise, a coin just sort of sits there in no-man's land.

+1... GPC had a great launch, with a good concept and promising community. It lacked a key ingredient.... a dev/ coder (either on-board or lined up). This is the reason why it failed/ is failing, not the market or (feeble) FUD attempts.
Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 10:09:26 PM

Each time i look at my bittrex account i have less and less and less and less money ...

If what i have left can still be considered money and not dust, of course  Lips sealed

wakhidNkcom

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

Nkcom Collection Shop

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:46:44 PM

ok time to speak up,
1st bosman you no need to leave the leadership "this your project"
2nd what you need is team, small team with great skill
3th how can get them join us? not like "hire" but mostly like friendly i think
4th seriously are you have think clearly about leave leadership of your own coin project(currently YOU DOING SO GREAT JOB)
5th if i'm not in 2 team dev i will join your team  Sad
6th i just ask you to consider to invite some dev other coins, that have great potential skill,
7th i will try to contact some people that was great promoter
8th i will back silent reader hahaha(need to finish some project)

BUT, after all thanks bosman for your great jobs..
but please consider to back being leadership(and i think you must)

regard

nkcom
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:44:44 PM

CoinsSource does the above to a certain degree, although I disagree with how they go about their trust rating thing.

I don't want to throw a monkey wrench into your plans, but there is one problem... same problem with CoinsSource reviews -- unless you have a coder analyze the code for the coin, reviews will be of limited help. Sure, they are better than nothing, but any coin can look great from the start, but if the code has a hidden premine, or looks shoddy, it won't matter much.
Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 11:50:21 PM

I have reflected on my experiences thus far and feel I know how I can add value to GPC. Value that adds integrity and transparency to the altcoin ecosystem.

As you all know, I am fed up with what has become of the altcoin market. It has been overrun by coins with a single objective; to make the developer rich at the expense of the innocent.

I am proposing to launch a community driven coin audit and analysis team that takes an unbiased, neutral approach to ICO/new coin analysis. GPC will simply be shares that can be bought and donated to those who work to add more transparency to what is currently a murky/sleazy sales floor.

I will begin the initiative by developing audit criteria and a coin dissemination template that can be used reliably and consistently to provide a neutral review on all new coin launches. Rather than focus on POD, I will look at the product, the deployment method, technical prowess (and much more) to write reviews that actually provide a trustworthy perspective to those seeking to invest.

I will refuse to take payment for reviews and expose any attempt to purchase or "bribe" for a beneficial review. I will compile it in an easy to digest, yet detailed format allowing the reader to make an educated decision on their purchase.

In return, investors can look at GPC as an investment in shares that keeps this project going. If they appreciate this service they can either support me (and key writers that I will interview) via direct donations, or buy shares in GPC via the exchanges; supporting the very vision I have been attempting to achieve for our community.

I am going to work diligently to ensure we have a review criteria that remains unbiased and trustworthy. I think (if we are all on the same page about what needs to be done to fix the ills of the altcoin market) we can work together to make real change for the better of the wider community.

These reviews will be posted directly on the thread of all BCT launch pages, and will have a direct link to a blog allowing interested parties to explore other coins that have been reviewed.

Traditionally, articles are written for a BTC bounty... tell me how that benefits investors....

I am ready to launch a crusade against the wrong doers and force real change for the better. I wan't GPC to be the bedrock donation vehicle for this service. Give me a week to contemplate the right approach to make this work. - Your input matters, please be vocal.

Remember, a coin derives its value from confidence... not features. If we can provide value to the community, the community will invest value in GPC.

Change starts today. Together, we can make this happen.

Bosman

Nice to see you are back on track Smiley too tired to digest that today will read again tomorrow.  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: