Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 10:21:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 126705 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:03:20 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 12:17:40 AM by poornamelessme

Code analysis is a component of determining the validity of a project yes, however, setting expectations and looking at the behavioral characteristics of new launch devs/promoters can shed light where it needs to be directed. As we have seen, a majority of scam coins dwell very little on the product they are offering and instead direct emphasis on promises of the unattainable. - Developing a reliable service to root out scams using a reliable and reusable template will provide a valuable service and add value to GPC (especially when partnered with others like CoinsSource and POD)

I feel I can add a unique perspective to the psychology of this space and root out the bad and identify the good. As this is a group application, if value is built and members like you contribute, we can attract the right resources to drill down the code.

Lets face it, its an information vacuum out there.

It is worthwhile to a certain degree, yeah... I just know I personally wish new coins were reviewed by a coder ... then I'd consider it a bit more trustworthy. I know one guy out there has been reviewing some coins for free, so maybe see if you can join up with him or something. I forget his username, but he's posted here in the altcoin forum a bit.

The only other issue you may run into is that people may not care. I know it sounds odd,  as people cry scam here seemingly all the time. But to them, scam means 'I lost money on this coin'. Not that the dev was pulling a scam.

And a lot of times people seem to look the other way even when the coin they have invested in or promoting is clearly on the scammy side of things. I recall during the early days of the anonymity craze,  certain coins, like liberty/dream/bank coin all made wild promises -- I believe all three promised zerocoin compatibility and in bankcoin's case, they threw in darksend. Nevermind that darksend wasn't opensourced yet, and zerocoin didn't actually exist. Even with those facts provided, people looked the other way. So long as the coins were being pumped, they turned a blind eye, cried 'fud' and so on.

I don't mean this to sound like this project isn't worth doing. Just saying that you should have realistic expectations.

Edit: And here is the guy doing code reviews that I was referring to --
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=748766.0
HeadsOrTails

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:43:27 AM

Alright folks, I really couldn't stay online for long.. have to head to work. I will try and make updates during the day, however any share registration will take place tonight!

Remember, its not to late to donate and add to your current number of shares! Make sure to register before the deadline on Sunday to ensure you get on the train Cheesy !

Can I ask... what is the big rush?? You're obviously busy with work...how are you going to develop after Sunday and WHAT are you going to develop?
You're doing an ICO here calling it fair distribution. It's a pyramid the way I see it (early adopters paying for others to make profit).
I'm trying to see the value here but it's coming across as another ninja ICO "48 hour dev" coin.

Can you please fill me and anyone else in on plans further than 48 hours from now, and why the big rush?

True!  No rush persay,  I just want to ensure the distribution is as deep as possible before Sunday.

As far as future developments are concerned,  we as a community will have the resources to explore some great initiatives.  Do I want to speculate on those now?  No. I want to focus on a flawless launch and ensure the distribution keeps with the vision of GROUPCoin.

...I want to look at development opportunities objectively, with thought and planning BEFORE I introduce these promises to the community.  If this seems foreign to you,  I completely understand. That seems to be how the entire crypto space works at the moment. Lets change that practice as a group and build the coin on a solid foundation.

Didn't this set off warning bells for ppl?
I feel for those who bought into this bc the pitch sounds great... Fair launch, fair community development, but what has happened is completely unfair given they put faith in your leadership, and you provided... NOTHING.
Investors: be sure to follow using the new laws which will hunt down scammers like this.

We are just expecting a fucking miracle right there. I'll just consider my money 100% lost at that point. My fault, i shouldn't have invested in a coin that was about finding a dev since the beginning, i should have read.

This was to be expected.

Sorry france. I had high hopes and expected more. I'm becoming more and more jaded about what has become of this space.

You're jaded? Why, have you invested or lost money here? You certainly put in no work except ICO spreadsheets to keep it "fair". And now bc a dev won't step up to develop the coin you sold shares of, you're saying you're jaded! Wow.

The idiom "fail to plan, plan to fail" would be appropriate except your plan never extended past collecting BTC and using ICO shares (ie bag holder fear) to get the shareholders to rally Bittrex.

Ask yourself, why would a dev step up to fix your ICO coin if he could do it himself?

You've clearly got no development skills at all. You've simply bought a copy/paste coin, then transferred according to a spreadsheet.

If any shareholders disagree then that's fine. But to hear this bullshit from the dev who said the whole point of the coin was not to screw investors ... Then to hear HE'S jaded?! Wow.

HeadsOrTails

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:45:20 AM

How's this sound Bosman...

You refund shareholder BTC in exchange for GPC? Ie a reverse ICO.

This seems fair considering you pledge fairness and have not delivered. Clearly the bounty/dev costs are not an issue. If you're truly jaded right this wrong, or do so to the best of your ability with refunds.

Though, let's see what our community votes first...

I vote yes. I want a refund.
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:57:16 AM

This seems fair considering you pledge fairness and have not delivered. Clearly the bounty/dev costs are not an issue. If you're truly jaded right this wrong, or do so to the best of your ability with refunds.

Quit whining like a crybaby, price is still a little bit higher than it was at the first phase of the ICO, I'm sorry that you weren't smart enough to sell coin at all time highs, no one to blame but yourself for that, and no one forced you to join the ICO either. It's called freedom of choice, learn to use it wisely.
yweetot

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:14:11 AM

We can learn Doge burning coins Cheesy

HeadsOrTails

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:23:47 AM

Quit whining like a crybaby, price is still a little bit higher than it was at the first phase of the ICO, I'm sorry that you weren't smart enough to sell coin at all time highs, no one to blame but yourself for that, and no one forced you to join the ICO either. It's called freedom of choice, learn to use it wisely.

Price is 45 sats. Remind me the ICO price?
I'm not holding a bagload of GPC. You're holding none.
So the fair distribution is for you to pump and dump? Got ya.
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:31:07 AM

Price is 45 sats. Remind me the ICO price?
I'm not holding a bagload of GPC. You're holding none.
So the fair distribution is for you to pump and dump? Got ya.

I received 60000 coins for 0.025 BTC , sold half of those and I'm still holding half.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:09:54 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the current price still higher than what the ICO cost (at least on the selling side of things)?

I can't fathom how anyone who got in on the ICO couldn't possibly be in profit by now.

And we are talking about mighty sums of like .01-.05ish? I can understand some ICO coins requiring a buywall, but this surely isn't one of them.
PvPpro

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:07:38 AM

Alright folks, I really couldn't stay online for long.. have to head to work. I will try and make updates during the day, however any share registration will take place tonight!

Remember, its not to late to donate and add to your current number of shares! Make sure to register before the deadline on Sunday to ensure you get on the train Cheesy !

Can I ask... what is the big rush?? You're obviously busy with work...how are you going to develop after Sunday and WHAT are you going to develop?
You're doing an ICO here calling it fair distribution. It's a pyramid the way I see it (early adopters paying for others to make profit).
I'm trying to see the value here but it's coming across as another ninja ICO "48 hour dev" coin.

Can you please fill me and anyone else in on plans further than 48 hours from now, and why the big rush?

True!  No rush persay,  I just want to ensure the distribution is as deep as possible before Sunday.

As far as future developments are concerned,  we as a community will have the resources to explore some great initiatives.  Do I want to speculate on those now?  No. I want to focus on a flawless launch and ensure the distribution keeps with the vision of GROUPCoin.

...I want to look at development opportunities objectively, with thought and planning BEFORE I introduce these promises to the community.  If this seems foreign to you,  I completely understand. That seems to be how the entire crypto space works at the moment. Lets change that practice as a group and build the coin on a solid foundation.

Didn't this set off warning bells for ppl?
I feel for those who bought into this bc the pitch sounds great... Fair launch, fair community development, but what has happened is completely unfair given they put faith in your leadership, and you provided... NOTHING.
Investors: be sure to follow using the new laws which will hunt down scammers like this.

We are just expecting a fucking miracle right there. I'll just consider my money 100% lost at that point. My fault, i shouldn't have invested in a coin that was about finding a dev since the beginning, i should have read.

This was to be expected.

Sorry france. I had high hopes and expected more. I'm becoming more and more jaded about what has become of this space.

You're jaded? Why, have you invested or lost money here? You certainly put in no work except ICO spreadsheets to keep it "fair". And now bc a dev won't step up to develop the coin you sold shares of, you're saying you're jaded! Wow.

The idiom "fail to plan, plan to fail" would be appropriate except your plan never extended past collecting BTC and using ICO shares (ie bag holder fear) to get the shareholders to rally Bittrex.

Ask yourself, why would a dev step up to fix your ICO coin if he could do it himself?

You've clearly got no development skills at all. You've simply bought a copy/paste coin, then transferred according to a spreadsheet.

If any shareholders disagree then that's fine. But to hear this bullshit from the dev who said the whole point of the coin was not to screw investors ... Then to hear HE'S jaded?! Wow.

I really dont get your hard-on for me here.

Anyone who donated BTC to me for extra shares (I was very clear that these were not ICO funds for development) had the opportunity to sell on several occassions for a big  profit.

On two occassions, in a bid to get positive price action moving and draw more interest in the coin, I sunk the majority of my BTC into GPC, once up to 1000 sats and once up to 700 sats (the ico to the highest potential sale price was a 10:1 profit).

I only promised what I could deliver. I had the geniune belief that my objective in the whitepaper was realistic and attainable. Instead i got virtually 0 response to it.

So, rather than lock the thread and fuck off I have been working on ways to add value to GPC. Be construtive please.

its over , besides  there is some lie in the air GPC is not only 10m coins i think!
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:35:08 AM

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:51:57 AM

I had a chance to sell for x10 profit but I didn't. I kept my coin ....so It's my fault. Blaming each other don't bring the price up  Grin We need to work hard and make a new plan. Hire a dev? Pumping?.... I can help with 10btc

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Francecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 10:17:00 AM

its over , besides  there is some lie in the air GPC is not only 10m coins i think!

Worst fake fud atempt ever.  Grin

Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 10:23:30 PM

The winner of the logo contest is : yweetot : Congratulations !

Please send me and bosman a link with all the size of the logo you have made, and if you can also provide the "coin" version (circle) it would be really cool.

Also post here your GPC adress to receive the 10k bounty.   Grin

HeadsOrTails

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:35:03 AM

I can honestly say I don't believe this was a scam.  Ifor you actually read up on Bosman you can see his motivation and if you dig around you can find info on what his intention was.   I can say from the DMs on his Twitter act that is did not seem to be a scam to me.  There was a fair amount of behind the scenes dialog that I will not share, but was in my opinion on the level.   With a full time job and all the hectic life issues this is a mammoth undertaking.  I had a hard time finding time to just tweet and read up.  Never mind keep trading.  I for one commend you on your effort Bosman and ask the community why almost none of you tried to take ownership and make this "our coin".  Total bystander effect as someone earlier noted.   To those that stepped up you should feel proud.  

CryptoFi$h

I agree. Malicious intent wasn't the sole motivation for Bosman; but it's pretty damned close whn you knowingly take on a project you know you have no time to develop. Let's face it, Bosman expected everyone else to come up with the ideas and then develop it. He'd manage the ICO and spearhead the project.

Bosman could be proud if he hadn't used an ICO. The way to do this is either on community backing, or with a pre-ANN. in this case community backing only came from bag holders. It's a shame but at least I've experienced a very small ICO scam loss firsthand.

So why wouldn't a refund be in order, hypothetically?
HeadsOrTails

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 09:52:06 AM

I really dont get your hard-on for me here.

Anyone who donated BTC to me for extra shares (I was very clear that these were not ICO funds for development) had the opportunity to sell on several occassions for a big  profit.

On two occassions, in a bid to get positive price action moving and draw more interest in the coin, I sunk the majority of my BTC into GPC, once up to 1000 sats and once up to 700 sats (the ico to the highest potential sale price was a 10:1 profit).

Sunk? Not invested? And what of the people that had a 10:1 loss, Bosman? Do you think of those traders? You may have driven the price up but in your own words you had to use your own BTC to manipulate the price. Value is not the same as price and would've been added from any kind of development; development you refused to speculate on because you were "focused on fair coin distribution".

I only promised what I could deliver. I had the geniune belief that my objective in the whitepaper was realistic and attainable. Instead i got virtually 0 response to it.

You're the project leader. You sold coins for your project. If the project has not been completed, why wouldn't a ICO refund be in order?

Again, I'll ask as I get no answer: Why can't a refund for the ICO be rolled out?

I don't expect you'll do it, but the least you can do is account to the investors who lost out why an ICO was necessary and why even a partial refund for original ICO GPC addresses is not possible.
Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 12:00:05 PM

Nobody knows a dev to take that over? I'm not really enjoying seeing my money divided by 15000...

Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 12:49:48 PM

So we just watch the coin die? What about your last project?

kencoles

Activity: 244

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:55:27 PM

Nobody knows a dev to take that over? I'm not really enjoying seeing my money divided by 15000...

I've connected with a pile of devs and the ones who replied to me want tones of BTC for support. No one would take GPC (even when it was valued at 10 times its current price). My vision for development seems to be incompatible with the realities of this space.

Dont kill this nice coin Bossman. Sad

Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 01:06:36 PM

I'm debating the best way to do it. I will compile a couple test reviews and gauge the response.

Ok  Smiley

undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 02:27:51 PM

Finally GPC also track to the same way where other free distributed coins.

Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: