Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:08:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 126705 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:02:33 PM

how much did u paid to polo? coin that has been distributed figuratively saying ''for free'' got to the major exchange in hour after cex. This coin didn't even take the expanses to be mined. FREE COINS.

Just bumping. Is anyone able to set forth the above? My concern is why coin which is not really distinguishes itself among others on the background, got listed on two major exchanges in two hours? Wasn't this an attempt to push forward an elaboration on paid basis? Contribute something useful, just want have this enquiry resorted? Please don't FUD or question how high i sold as this is not the matter that does rely to my concern. Just answer what differs the common coin among others to get listed quite faster.

I can't speak for the dev or exchanges, but it's not uncommon for new coins to get listed on bittrex and/or polo rather quickly. I assume they used the number of tweets + the fact that the coin was getting really good volume on c-cex. It wasn't like they took it immediately or out of the blue. C-cex listed it first and it was doing really well there ... they probably saw that they could get some money from the fees, and polo grabbed it first. Then bittrex followed, figuring why let polo take all the money.

Although Bittrex may be considered a 'major' exchange now due to its volume, in reality they pretty much grab any new coin they can. They are hardly particular, and most of the time it seems they never see a new coin they don't like.

MintPal + Cryptsy are the ones that are more picky, but even there, they seem less picky that they used to be (Conceal coin being an example w/ cryptsy).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ivan1975
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1168

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:16:26 PM

Get my coins thx dev.
Greate coin!
Hold now.
InitialDat

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:25:44 PM

Get my coins thx dev.
Greate coin!
Hold now.

Glad everything was resolved, Ivan. Dev has done a superb job responding to everyone's private message. Can't wait til this weekend!
damashup

Activity: 259

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:26:29 PM

how much did u paid to polo? coin that has been distributed figuratively saying ''for free'' got to the major exchange in hour after cex. This coin didn't even take the expanses to be mined. FREE COINS.

Just bumping. Is anyone able to set forth the above? My concern is why coin which is not really distinguishes itself among others on the background, got listed on two major exchanges in two hours? Wasn't this an attempt to push forward an elaboration on paid basis? Contribute something useful. Just want to have this enquiry resorted. Please don't FUD or question how high i sold as this is not the matter that does rely to my concern. Just answer what differs the common coin among others to get listed quite faster.

Have you tried asking on the threads of the exchanges in question??

Or you could PM the Dev (if you really suspect he had to pay the exchanges to get this coin listed).  Huh

Not sure how you expect anyone else to do or say on the matter  Huh

(Taking the liberty of toning down your question accordingly...)
hrt

Activity: 288

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:34:41 PM

Just bumping. Is anyone able to set forth the above? My concern is why coin which is not really distinguishes itself among others on the background, got listed on two major exchanges in two hours? Wasn't this an attempt to push forward an elaboration on paid basis? Contribute something useful, just want have this enquiry resorted? Please don't FUD or question how high i sold as this is not the matter that does rely to my concern. Just answer what differs the common coin among others to get listed quite faster.

I can't speak for the dev or exchanges, but it's not uncommon for new coins to get listed on bittrex and/or polo rather quickly. I assume they used the number of tweets + the fact that the coin was getting really good volume on c-cex. It wasn't like they took it immediately or out of the blue. C-cex listed it first and it was doing really well there ... they probably saw that they could get some money from the fees, and polo grabbed it first. Then bittrex followed, figuring why let polo take all the money.

Although Bittrex may be considered a 'major' exchange now due to its volume, in reality they pretty much grab any new coin they can. They are hardly particular, and most of the time it seems they never see a new coin they don't like.

MintPal + Cryptsy are the ones that are more picky, but even there, they seem less picky that they used to be (Conceal coin being an example w/ cryptsy).

For me it was pretty quickly. UPM was doing nice as well and got even much volume. XCN the right looks unusual with their mini blockchain concept and it may be a point for nice demand on polo since this is cryptonight cavern. I am curios how much tweets has been collected within 2 hours...

Just bumping. Is anyone able to set forth the above? My concern is why coin which is not really distinguishes itself among others on the background, got listed on two major exchanges in two hours? Wasn't this an attempt to push forward an elaboration on paid basis? Contribute something useful. Just want to have this enquiry resorted. Please don't FUD or question how high i sold as this is not the matter that does rely to my concern. Just answer what differs the common coin among others to get listed quite faster.

Have you tried asking on the threads of the exchanges in question??

Or you could PM the Dev (if you really suspect he had to pay the exchanges to get this coin listed).  Huh

Not sure how you expect anyone else to do or say on the matter  Huh

(Taking the liberty of toning down your question accordingly...)
i asked dev to post IPO fund address in cex room. he ignored. If coins are free they could be dumped at any price.

โ  NIMBUSCOIN DEVELOPER   
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:46:53 PM

For me it was pretty quickly. UPM was doing nice as well and got even much volume. XCN the right looks unusual with their mini blockchain concept and it may be a point for nice demand on polo since this is cryptonight cavern. I am curios how much tweets has been collected within 2 hours...

i asked dev to post IPO fund address in cex room. he ignored. If coins are free they could be dumped at any price.

Well, you'd have to ask the exchanges as to what criteria they use. I've seen coins with no volume at all or coins that looked way more iffy than GPC get immediately listed.

As for coins that are free being dumped at any price ... yep. It's also possible that mined coins could get dumped at any price too. Any coin can be dumped. Usually with free coins we see initial dumping then gradual growth.

As for the ipo address, you should realize this wasn't exactly a traditional ipo. It was set up as a giveaway and very small donations ... it may be a couple of btc total that the dev got, tops. I wouldn't worry about that sort of amount, as I expect it to simply go towards the time he spent + new things for the coin.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you are trying to look for a problem where there really isn't one.
ROBERTO
Legendary

Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:53:57 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 09:03:42 PM by ROBERTO

Personally I have make a request for poloniex (https://poloniex.com/coinRequest) to add GPC yesterday and probably many of the other people also made it. Busoni of poloniex study all possibility of the coin before add it on poloniex!
Maybe he see the great potential of this coin! And add it directly!

For me nothing suspicious!
And on poloniex busoni advertise people if they pay user for her vote, coin is delisted of voting list, and for this reason i think he don't accept payment for list a coin. Maybe i'm wrong!
On poloniex you can't buy vote like mintpal! And you can vote only one time by coin

It's just my opinion

damashup

Activity: 259

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 07:54:39 PM

Well, you'd have to ask the exchanges as to what criteria they use. I've seen coins with no volume at all or coins that looked way more iffy than GPC get immediately listed.

As for coins that are free being dumped at any price ... yep. It's also possible that mined coins could get dumped at any price too. Any coin can be dumped. Usually with free coins we see initial dumping then gradual growth.

As for the ipo address, you should realize this wasn't exactly a traditional ipo. It was set up as a giveaway and very small donations ... it may be a couple of btc total that the dev got, tops. I wouldn't worry about that sort of amount, as I expect it to simply go towards the time he spent + new things for the coin.

Don't take this the wrong way, but it sounds like you are trying to look for a problem where there really isn't one.

+1... coin with strong interest (pre-launch) gets listed on exchange 'quickly' & that's somehow an issue that needs addressing? Smh.
interupted

Activity: 258

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:09:35 PM

I had a conversation with poloniex, they were trying to get the jump on bittrex in adding gpc

Francecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 08:16:12 PM

I got the coin added on coingorilla guys : http://www.coingorilla.com/servicedetails.aspx?sid=2406

Please take the time to suscribe and rate if you want to help. Only takes a minute or two of your time.

Grin

kid_brook

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:10:27 PM

My advice to those who got coins through ICO/ Donations/ Distribution, that now feel compelled to sell is this:
Don't sell more than 10%* of your holding.

That should be plenty to give you a small profit on your initial investment. It also allows new people to buy in at an extremely low price... the more the merrier.

Selling all your GROUPCoin? If I'm wrong, congratulations you win (small time). But if I'm right, you lose (BIG time).

As always... the decision is yours.

*If you have bailiffs at your door, you'll be forgiven for selling 20%

This is what I've done...sell a little bit ( I think around 15%) in order for me to participate in next  investment.. Smiley
We are here as an investor and we have to gauge what is going on in the market..

Hold On to it..
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:29:54 PM

As far as the "ICO" wallet address is concerned, why? Throughout the whole sale I was very transparent about WHAT the funds were earmarked for... me! I (and many of you who have been involved in this coin can vouch) have never said that the BTC raised was for "development" purposes. I always, transparently and honestly stated that the BTC was my reward for powering a successful launch of a well distributed PoS coin. This takes work.

Bosman

One thing you may wish to clarify, especially for those new to the coin, is that we aren't talking about typical ICO numbers in the dozens of btc. The ICO was set up as a donation, and really small amounts (.01-.05) for the majority of the signups... guessing you may have taken in a couple of btc total, at best. I think most would say that is perfectly fine for a dev to take for himself. It's only a worry when a dev takes 20+ btc and doesn't spend any on the coin itself. I do hope that if there are minor expenses required for coin related things, that would you consider using some of your funds, but that would be more for down the road and of course up to you.
Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 09:46:44 PM

As far as the "ICO" wallet address is concerned, why? Throughout the whole sale I was very transparent about WHAT the funds were earmarked for... me! I (and many of you who have been involved in this coin can vouch) have never said that the BTC raised was for "development" purposes. I always, transparently and honestly stated that the BTC was my reward for powering a successful launch of a well distributed PoS coin. This takes work.

Bosman

One thing you may wish to clarify, especially for those new to the coin, is that we aren't talking about typical ICO numbers in the dozens of btc. The ICO was set up as a donation, and really small amounts (.01-.05) for the majority of the signups... guessing you may have taken in a couple of btc total, at best. I think most would say that is perfectly fine for a dev to take for himself. It's only a worry when a dev takes 20+ btc and doesn't spend any on the coin itself. I do hope that if there are minor expenses required for coin related things, that would you consider using some of your funds, but that would be more for down the road and of course up to you.

Thanks for highlighting this  Wink

jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:11:10 PM

All I can say is, the dev is very active with the community despite his work hours. I was on C-Cex most of my day yesterday and Bosman was there answering questions and providing small updates throughout. Seems like a very friendly guy. This isn't another 3 day PoW pump and dump and gone coin. Give the dev time to develop features into this coin and see where it goes from there Smiley I am fairly confident the direction will be up Smiley

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:29:28 PM

All I can say is, the dev is very active with the community despite his work hours. I was on C-Cex most of my day yesterday and Bosman was there answering questions and providing small updates throughout. Seems like a very friendly guy. This isn't another 3 day PoW pump and dump and gone coin. Give the dev time to develop features into this coin and see where it goes from there Smiley I am fairly confident the direction will be up Smiley

+1

kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:51:49 PM

Great news everyone, GPC now has a mac wallet! Check out the OP!
Cool, you are doing fantastic job buddy, keep it up. Waiting for whitepaper to read big plans  Cheesy
Triffin

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:04:50 AM

Just to get the temperature.. what sort of features would YOU the community like to see in GPC?

Something that makes a profit such that in the future dividends could be paid to GPC holders ..
KARM has an embedded LLC for just such a purpose ..
BitShares PTS holders get a 10% participation in all future internally generated IPO's ..
Maybe we ( GPC ) can 'invest' in other income generating cryptoprojects vs developing our own ..

Triff ..

poornamelessme

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:05:31 AM

Just to get the temperature.. what sort of features would YOU the community like to see in GPC?

A lot of that depends on what you have the funds for, or are capable of yourself.

For starters, I mentioned that you should contact coinpayments and get the coin under consideration there. It takes about 2 min of your time (they have a form to fill out). Get the coin listed on Bter for voting. A chinese exchange is always useful.

Coin-wise, anonymity seems to be popular, but not sure if that would be so doable. Perhaps you could consider having a dev port over DarkSend when it goes opensource, which I think is planned for several weeks from now? Not sure how masternodes would work on other coins... although the idea of  GPC masternodes all offering staking rewards sound profitable ... especially since I expect some folks could easily obtain several hundred nodes pretty cheaply right now.

Marketplaces and such are nice. New wallet features I expect would be nice too, although personally I'm not a big wallet person, so long as the thing works, it's good to me.
InitialDat

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:13:33 AM

I think the question to ask you is.. what is your long term goal for this coin?

We have to also think of a real world application...

On a different note, I think a new logo is much needed.

Kikyca

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 12:14:35 AM

[/quote]

A lot of that depends on what you have the funds for, or are capable of yourself.

For starters, I mentioned that you should contact coinpayments and get the coin under consideration there. It takes about 2 min of your time (they have a form to fill out). Get the coin listed on Bter for voting. A chinese exchange is always useful.

[/quote]

Like this one Cheesy for start

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: