Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 04:33:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 126705 times)
Cryptofi$h

Activity: 331
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:03:35 AM

Sent first transaction via mobile wallet and the world became a better place!  Wallet works fine.  Now if it had a way to buy GPC with Fiat through that wallet...
Cryptofi$h

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:39:10 AM

I would like to share a link for everyone to re-tweet.  I am also giving away some GPC out of my own pocket as well to help spread the love.  Would prefer to give it to newcomers so don't be greedy or please pay if forward with your own campaign. 

https://twitter.com/GotCrypto/status/499372977897873409

Anybody want to start a 50/50 draw for the delevoper fund?
hrshak462

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:43:11 AM

Alright folks, I'm signing off for the evening. Great work and thanks to all for your support. Lets work together on the next phase of development.

Bosman

I will try to test this app and provide updates.  My first update will be by midnight EDT(Eastern Daylight Saving time)...2.5 hours after this post.

edit: regular joe here

So Xon Designs makes a lot of wallets for a bunch of coins right?  Why do they need our email address to register a wallet?

This must have taken someone a whole of 15 minutes to make an android wallet for Groupcoin(aside from logo design which is beautifully simple btw).

Tell me I'm wrong.  

No deal, McCutcheon, that moon money is mine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22aZ6avukGY
Cryptofi$h

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:47:03 AM

Alright folks, I'm signing off for the evening. Great work and thanks to all for your support. Lets work together on the next phase of development.

Bosman

I will try to test this app and provide updates.  My first update will be by midnight EDT(Eastern Daylight Saving time)...2.5 hours after this post.

So Xon Designs makes a lot of wallets for a bunch of coins right?  Why do they need our email address to register a wallet?

This must have taken someone a whole of 15 minutes to make an android wallet for Groupcoin(aside from logo design which is beautifully simple btw).

Tell me I'm wrong.  

I like the security aspect of it.  No one can access should my phone be unlocked somehow and gets lost or stolen.
hrshak462

Activity: 193

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:55:37 AM

Bosman

Tell me I'm wrong.  

I like the security aspect of it.  No one can access should my phone be unlocked somehow and gets lost or stolen.

Ok, I can see what you are saying.  I am trying to compare it to Mycelium for bitcoin.  No strings attached and you would be a fool to keep any real amounts on there, and if you did have a real amount on there, you would be prepared to jack it right out of there if you lost your phone.

No deal, McCutcheon, that moon money is mine!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22aZ6avukGY
Cryptofi$h

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:02:05 AM

Bosman

Tell me I'm wrong.  

Ok, I can see what you are saying.  I am trying to compare it to Mycelium for bitcoin.  No strings attached and you would be a fool to keep any real amounts on there, and if you did have a real amount on there, you would be prepared to jack it right out of there if you lost your phone.

Yes I would only keep smaller amounts on the mobile wallet for tipping and the odd purchase if that ever becomes reality.  It would be nice to have a way to retrieve funds on mobile wallet should phone get lost.  Did I overlook this? 
PvPpro

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:31:59 AM

Well, the news has made the price rise at least Wink

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk rise? really?to 410 to 447 kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

be happy with this dead coin , i know the new feature was just some shit of mobile payment GL with dead coins you still can get some KEY and CLOAK cheap and recover from your losts on this shit! tomorrow 70 saotshi GPC  Grin
Cryptofi$h

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:42:45 AM

Well, the news has made the price rise at least Wink

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk rise? really?to 410 to 447 kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

be happy with this dead coin , i know the new feature was just some shit of mobile payment GL with dead coins you still can get some KEY and CLOAK cheap and recover from your losts on this shit! tomorrow 70 saotshi GPC  Grin

If your a smart investor you  have already recouped your investment and then some.  Nothing but gravy from here, even at 70 sats. 
C2

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:48:51 AM

What kind of losts you're talking about, PvPpro or whoever you are? Groupcoin is a free distributed coin. Do you know how to read, I feel sorry for you? Why don't you get some KEY and CLOAK cheap yourself. lol

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!. SyRsE9KjrSS3UmY9pLCUmU8UGBJtH3Qq8D
mothermole1

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:27:20 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 06:25:56 AM by mothermole1

Hey guys, I got bored so I created a website for GROUPCoin. It's one of those fancy parallax scrolly ones too lol. I don't have a domain so I zipped it up so you can run it locally. Lol I promise I didn't put any viruses in it, feel free to scan the folder before opening it Tongue

https://mega.co.nz/#!754SgQzA!kCbjOEAFsDasnLjfXrcFF6KL5brxsygljFqUUFWLqC4

Anyway, what do you guys think, we are a democracy so let's democratize away!

Content wise, up to Bosman to voice his opinion of what goes where. I reckon have links to the wallets, twitter and IRC along too, but I didn't get time to set that up.

Oh yeah, and all of the images i've used are just mock-ups, I haven't checked anything to do with licensing, but that should be straight forward.

As far as extra features go, it'll be dead simple to put in a price ticker perhaps or maybe a poll feature for currently suggested development features?

Note that the fonts haven't been well thought out, colours probably contrast etc. All things that can be fixed up with some more time Smiley
Kikyca

Activity: 238

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:21:30 AM

I like it ... nicely done

Kikyca

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:23:52 AM

We should pimp the price a little bit and start trading of this coin... with all good features it will be succesful just we cant all wait for price to drop to 50

mothermole1

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:29:53 AM

So. I reckon we need a two prong strategy going forward. We firstly need to develop new features for the coin including services around the coin. Secondly I think we need a marketing blitz to put the coin in people's minds again, and to alert new users who have never heard of us. Development is easy enough I think. What we need is a huge focus on getting us onto cryptsy and mintpal. How would this be best achieved? Tweeting @bigvern and @mintpal in unison may be a good idea I think. To grow from here, we must outgrow bittrex and set ourselves higher goals. Thoughts?
mothermole1

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:35:49 AM

We should pimp the price a little bit and start trading of this coin... with all good features it will be succesful just we cant all wait for price to drop to 50

I think the big problem is thy all the regular users have bought their share, set their sell orders and are waiting patiently for the price to rise. We seem to have hid a saturation point with amount of BTC we can buy with as a community. I guess what we need to do is maybe remove all our sell orders up to a target price, say 600 satoshis and build walls with any spare capital we have. This wil require enormous trust of group profits overs personal profits, will individual greed allow this? I hope so Smiley is this a good strategy?
thandie
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1360

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:47:25 PM

Hey guys, I got bored so I created a website for GROUPCoin. It's one of those fancy parallax scrolly ones too lol. I don't have a domain so I zipped it up so you can run it locally. Lol I promise I didn't put any viruses in it, feel free to scan the folder before opening it Tongue

https://mega.co.nz/#!754SgQzA!kCbjOEAFsDasnLjfXrcFF6KL5brxsygljFqUUFWLqC4

Anyway, what do you guys think, we are a democracy so let's democratize away!

Content wise, up to Bosman to voice his opinion of what goes where. I reckon have links to the wallets, twitter and IRC along too, but I didn't get time to set that up.

Oh yeah, and all of the images i've used are just mock-ups, I haven't checked anything to do with licensing, but that should be straight forward.

As far as extra features go, it'll be dead simple to put in a price ticker perhaps or maybe a poll feature for currently suggested development features?

Note that the fonts haven't been well thought out, colours probably contrast etc. All things that can be fixed up with some more time Smiley

good job +1
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:24:48 PM

@bosman please check your pm
i can offer you free hosting, domain registration and stuff for a gpc website ...
mothermole1

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:46:26 PM

I've had one too many coffees and my mind is taxing with ideas which I think may give us some direction.

First: everyone is waiting for the price to increase by itself without actually doing anything to help it. No ones fault. This crowd behaviour is actually called "the bystander effect", where everyone assumes someone else will do something, so consequently no one does anything. No shame there, just human psychology.
Solution: we do something. I suggest a weekly goal that the community or sections of the community can agree on doing beforehand and is delivered within the week. For example, a twitter campaign for everyone to retweet a post about group coin, or everyone going to the reddit and upvoting at least one post.

Second. People have a positive reaction to announcements on this coin. Project x lifted the price slightly for a time. The whitepaper dramatically lifted the price. We need consistent news that something is being developed or worked on to inspire confidence every day, otherwise apathy will make the price languish.
Solution, no more secret projects. It may be sad to think that project x did not raise the price at all. Personally I think that the effect was that people's expectations wee unnecessariy too high and mayhave been disappointed by a simple android wallet, even though it was a good feature.
I can commit to working on a website this week and consulting with the community each day. that should be the second goal of the week.

I'm not trying to hijack the project, just simply do not want to see a great idea fail. Bosman needs help and I'm stepping up this week to try. Mothermole out
yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:14:25 PM

I agree.
Look at allcoin market.
GPC's price died there.
Kikyca

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:48:50 PM

We really need that web page and twitter reetweets ... so people can see  coin grow up and recognize worth of coin... but now markt need a small  push up because coin needs to be seen... If there is no buy/sell orders people are not interested in coin so those dumpers take part destroying walue of one good coin with really good and active dev working on it

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 05:34:23 PM

Second. People have a positive reaction to announcements on this coin. Project x lifted the price slightly for a time. The whitepaper dramatically lifted the price. We need consistent news that something is being developed or worked on to inspire confidence every day, otherwise apathy will make the price languish.
Solution, no more secret projects. It may be sad to think that project x did not raise the price at all. Personally I think that the effect was that people's expectations wee unnecessariy too high and mayhave been disappointed by a simple android wallet, even though it was a good feature.
I can commit to working on a website this week and consulting with the community each day. that should be the second goal of the week.

I'm not trying to hijack the project, just simply do not want to see a great idea fail. Bosman needs help and I'm stepping up this week to try. Mothermole out

Agreed. Secret projects sound great in theory, but people will always have expectations greater than whatever that project is. People do the buy on rumor, sell on news thing, even when it doesn't make sense. But by being secret you sort of negate whatever benefit you'd get from that to begin with ... people won't buy much on rumor, because they have no idea what the real rumor is ... and they still sell on news regardless.

The idea should be to have consistent news. I don't even mean major things, but that there is continued work on the coin.

A couple of things I suggested earlier in this thread, which could help at least maintain value a little bit -- get the coin listed on coinpayments and up for voting on at least one chinese exchange (I'd choose bter). Coins used to do the MP voting/promo thing to help maintain value, but that is off the table right now. So go for a chinese exchange instead.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: