Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:43:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How would you like to be paid MONTHLY BAGHOLDER BONUS DIVIDENDS?
PERCENTAGE BASED - QBK/BTC -  with both payment options - 15 (28.8%)
POOL BASED - with both payment options - 2 (3.8%)
Percentage based with 5% max cap on whales and 0% to exchanges   - with both payment options - forgot to add Smiley - 22 (42.3%)
Any of the above as long as I rake in coin - 13 (25%)
Total Voters: 52

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] QIBUCK COIN - X13 - POS/POBH - 1st Proof of Baghold and asset backed.  (Read 152892 times)
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:17:28 PM

The only thing nonsensical here is your post. Did you bother to actually read the plan or did you just skim it? Using 25% of the funds to buy back 50% of the coins will increase our ROI by 50%. If you can't understand that then I can't help you.

I do have a question or two for the supporters of buying back/burning ...

And to get it in early, for the 20th time, I understand the math, I just disagree with the premise that it would benefit the coin.

Is your goal to increase dividends or to increase the price of the coin?

Spending 25 btc to buy/burn coins is no guarantee an increase in the price of the coin, so basically the entire idea I take it is to increase ROI (from dividends) 50%, correct?

One problem which has already been stated is, longterm, how can we say that 50% increase in dividends will be better than if the team simply used that 25 btc properly?

What if they end up short of funds due to some investments not panning out? Wouldn't that 25 btc come in handy then? Or what if they invest that 25 btc in other coins that skyrocket? Or coin features, say a decentralized marketplace, or something similar, that proves very popular? We can't say for certain that the dividend increase from burning will be of greater benefit longterm than if the 25 btc is spent on other things.

And as candlesticks has stated, I expect a lot of people to not even bother with the dividends thing. If the team was smart, they would have made the requirement 1K coins or higher. It would have increased dividends for those most willing to buy the coin in the first place, and also increased demand to reach at least 1K. But as it is, I simply expect a number of folks to leave the coin on an exchange since they had no plans to hold anyway... and some with 100-900 or so coins may figure it's not even worth the bother of signing up for, since their dividend will be so small.

Yes, the idea is simply to increase ROI of dividends. There is no guarantee the price of the coin will increase although it seems logical to assume that higher dividends will lead to a higher price. That additional 25BTc would have to outperform the other 75 BTC invested by a huge amount to match the +50% ROI we would get under the buy and burn plan.

Conurtrol

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:23:20 PM

This conversation is ridiculous. 2 million coins is already too low for an all around coin (although not for an investment/dividend coin). They priced the ICO a bit high (or more than a bit) and it didn't work. That is all. The whole point of the coin is to take the ICO money and invest in profitable Bitcoin (and alts) projects. If they are successful at that, this could be a huge hit. If not, then it's just another coin.

But, to now take half of the investment dollars and use it to buy back the coins is nonsensical. Unless, and this is a big unless, they simply don't know what they are doing and/or they are dishonest. Otherwise, buying back the coins gives a short term boost to the coin and less money for investment (with less room for error). That is obviously nice for the immediate future and for people who want to sell as quickly as possible,  but then we are all left with a coin that has less chance at success.

The only thing nonsensical here is your post. Did you bother to actually read the plan or did you just skim it? Using 25% of the funds to buy back 50% of the coins will increase our ROI by 50%. If you can't understand that then I can't help you.

Will you please just leave it alone? Burning coins is a stupid idea. It was always a stupid idea and it will always be a stupid idea.

Your logical mathematical theories do not apply to real life where there are many variables.. Stop trying to get the dev team to waste 25 BTC. Are you secretly trying to hurt this coin? 2 million is not a huge number of coins. I am buying the coins under 10k sats. Half the posts in the 40 page thread are you trying to convince everyone to get on board with your flawed reasoning. Respectfully please leave it the fuck alone.

Another senseless fool. This thread seems to have more than most. Aggressive ignorance at it's finest. And FYI- I own more than 10k and I'm just trying to help. And oh, gfy.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:25:25 PM

Yes, the idea is simply to increase ROI of dividends. There is no guarantee the price of the coin will increase although it seems logical to assume that higher dividends will lead to a higher price. That additional 25BTc would have to outperform the other 75 BTC invested by a huge amount to match the +50% ROI we would get under the buy and burn plan.

From purely a dividend perspective... perhaps.

From a coin valuation perspective however, all that 25 btc would need to do is increase the price of the coin on an exchange by a somewhat small amount.

Ex. 25 btc invested in decentralized marketplace + anonymity.

And if we said the value of the coin on the exchanges went up 25-50% due to this. That would be of greater benefit than the 50% increase in dividend -- unless the coin price remained stable for like 10 years worth of dividends, perhaps.

Something else to keep in mind... how much do you think people will be getting from this dividend anyway? I mean, actual btc returned, not percentage? Although it's a nice bonus, for those of us who have received dividends from stocks know, it's not exactly a giant windfall. It can takes years to add up to anything really. Increasing the value of the coin on the exchange should be the goal and what will matter most to investors, with the dividends thing being secondary, at least for most I would expect.
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:26:42 PM

This conversation is ridiculous. 2 million coins is already too low for an all around coin (although not for an investment/dividend coin). They priced the ICO a bit high (or more than a bit) and it didn't work. That is all. The whole point of the coin is to take the ICO money and invest in profitable Bitcoin (and alts) projects. If they are successful at that, this could be a huge hit. If not, then it's just another coin.

But, to now take half of the investment dollars and use it to buy back the coins is nonsensical. Unless, and this is a big unless, they simply don't know what they are doing and/or they are dishonest. Otherwise, buying back the coins gives a short term boost to the coin and less money for investment (with less room for error). That is obviously nice for the immediate future and for people who want to sell as quickly as possible,  but then we are all left with a coin that has less chance at success.

Will you please just leave it alone? Burning coins is a stupid idea. It was always a stupid idea and it will always be a stupid idea.

Your logical mathematical theories do not apply to real life where there are many variables.. Stop trying to get the dev team to waste 25 BTC. Are you secretly trying to hurt this coin? 2 million is not a huge number of coins. I am buying the coins under 10k sats. Half the posts in the 40 page thread are you trying to convince everyone to get on board with your flawed reasoning. Respectfully please leave it the fuck alone.

Another senseless fool. This thread seems to have more than most. Aggressive ignorance at it's finest. And FYI- I own more than 10k and I'm just trying to help. And oh, gfy.

NOTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. It's still a waste of 25 BTC no matter how you slice it.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:27:28 PM

But, to now take half of the investment dollars and use it to buy back the coins is nonsensical. Unless, and this is a big unless, they simply don't know what they are doing and/or they are dishonest. Otherwise, buying back the coins gives a short term boost to the coin and less money for investment (with less room for error). That is obviously nice for the immediate future and for people who want to sell as quickly as possible,  but then we are all left with a coin that has less chance at success.

NOTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. It's still a waste of 25 BTC no matter how you slice it.

25 btc is gone now and no place to recover it
Conurtrol

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:29:19 PM

From purely a dividend perspective... perhaps.

From a coin valuation however, all that 25 btc would need to do is increase the price of the coin on an exchange by a somewhat small amount.

Ex. 25 btc invested in decentralized marketplace + anonymity.

And if we said the value of the coin on the exchanges went up 25-50% due to this. That would be of greater benefit than the 50% increase in dividend -- unless the coin price remained stable for like 10 years worth of dividends, perhaps.

Something else to keep in mind... how much do you think people will be getting from this dividend anyway? I mean, actual btc returned, not percentage? Although it's a nice bonus, for those of us who have received dividends from stocks know, it's not exactly a giant windfall. It can takes years to add up to anything really. Increasing the value of the coin on the exchange should be the goal and what will matter most to investors, with the dividends thing being secondary, at least for most I would expect.

I give up. I'm sorry but you people are just fucking clueless. At a minimum the dev team should get someone reputable that they trust to look at this idea. All I see are random objections based on feelings and bad math. Good luck.
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:32:47 PM

I give up. I'm sorry but you people are just fucking clueless. At a minimum the dev team should get someone reputable that they trust to look at this idea. All I see are random objections based on feelings and bad math. Good luck.

Glad you were willing to discuss this intelligently and not resort to insults.
candlesticks

Activity: 345

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:33:09 PM

Hmmm, aggressive arrogance at it's finest. Please show an example where buying and burning, or where a huge buy wall, has ever helped a coin for more than a few days. Seriously, please educate me wise one.

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
AdamWhite

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:44:30 PM

Hmmm, aggressive arrogance at it's finest. Please show an example where buying and burning, or where a huge buy wall, has ever helped a coin for more than a few days. Seriously, please educate me wise one.

*crickets*
silverkinguk

Activity: 404

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 04:55:32 PM

Burning of coins is not happening.

Co-Founder Visionary of QIBUCK
uk.linkedin.com/in/silverkinguk
candlesticks

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:55:57 PM

Anyone remember when LCLimecoin dev put the 25BTC buy wall up on on Poloniex after the LCL IPO? That was epic.

LCL no longer listed on polo.  Conclusion?

That BTC wall got eaten up like nothing, triggered more panic sells. Dead coin, and no BTC left for development. Too bad, they had nice website, multipool, limecart (auction site), more things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

http://www.paycon.xyz/  Can you CON us? Try your luck at http://con-games.tk/con/blackjack Come chat with us on Slack
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:56:31 PM

Anyone remember when LCLimecoin dev put the 25BTC buy wall up on on Poloniex after the LCL IPO? That was epic.

That BTC wall got eaten up like nothing, triggered more panic sells. Dead coin, and no BTC left for development. Too bad, they had nice website, multipool, limecart (auction site), more things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Limecart? WTF?

candlesticks

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:57:05 PM

Burning of coins is not happening.

Good to hear, thanks for the update.

candlesticks

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:00:08 PM

Limecart? WTF?

LOL. it was an auction site you could list stuff, like ebay for crypto, others have done it as well. Not really a good idea, unless you have buyers and sellers, lol

armin22

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:00:30 PM

Limecart? WTF?

LOL. it was an auction site you could list stuff, like ebay for crypto, others have done it as well. Not really a good idea, unless you have buyers and sellers, lol

I think you got the wrong coin...

candlesticks

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:06:30 PM

Limecart? WTF?

I think you got the wrong coin...

I was speaking of Limecoin (LC) and Limecoinlite(LCL), not to be confused with the other two or three limecoins out there. Not really important, except as an example of good intentions going wrong, with a large buy wall.

armin22

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:23:50 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

We might release a poll next week to decide if we should burn coins with 25BTC or not, this all depends on how the community reacts.

youseeberkeley

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:57:45 PM

The first ico was at 0.0001, and the second at 0.0002, the BTC buy wall was placed at 0.0003, which was much higher than investors bought it for, that's why it got destroyed.

By putting a lower buy wall, it will be much harder to break.

poornamelessme

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:02:05 PM

We might release a poll next week to decide if we should burn coins with 25BTC or not, this all depends on how the community reacts.

And would you be surprised at all if many vote for burning because they simply wanted a quick return/pump, didn't get it, and now want to dump? I remember XBC asking its community about burning coins too... and then when the dev left with all the ico money, they realized they had no funds to do anything with. People tend to vote for shortterm benefit over longterm here.

If the devs can't come up with a better plan than burning their own coin, might as well burn it and I'll cash out then. It means you have no actual plan.
armin22

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 07:04:21 PM

If the devs can't come up with a better plan than burning their own coin, might as well burn it and I'll cash out then. It means you have no actual plan.

Ignorance at its finance

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: