Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:49:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
catotune

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

Meow

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 02:28:01 AM

I read the entire thread - count me in as another darkcoiner joining the SPR train! Mr. Spread knows what he's doing - that kind of knowledge can't be faked.

The promise of masternodes makes it an easy choice for me - my only question is how many SPR for a masternode? I was lucky enough to buy 2K+ when the price dipped to ~.0002  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:43:45 AM

I'm working on decentralized (no reference nodes) masternodes and instant transactions. I hope that by the end of this month or sooner we will have public testnet with working masternodes and instant transactions, all code will be open sourced by that moment. DarkSend is much more complicated subject, don't expect it soon.

Amount for running masternode hasn't been set yet. It depends on how many masternodes we want which is not yet clear. The more is better for decentralization, on the other hand we need not to bloat the network with masternode related messages. Instead of setting the required amount it may be better to set the maximum number of masternodes and minimum required amount. Once the number of masternodes will reach the maximum only masternodes with maximum deposits will remain and others will be automatically delisted.

I'll go ALL IN when spreadcoin gets its encrypted in-wallet messaging system. I WANT IT SO MUCH!
Smiley
I was thinking about it. The problem is that given only address you can not encrypt message such that only owner of the address will be able to decrypt it, address is only suitable for checking signatures. Thus address owner should broadcast some additional information to be able to receive messages, I believe Bitmessage is working this way so it is possible. Well, as you know, I'm working on other things right now Smiley

Developer of SpreadCoin
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:45:45 AM

When you type getinfo in the console is the money supply correct?
There is no decimal dot, will be fixed in next version.

Developer of SpreadCoin
Jeff8247

Activity: 219

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:50:16 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 03:20:34 AM by Jeff8247

Meh tried to mine this but it insta crashes my rig with 290s on 14.9 drivers. EDIT: Did a complete wipeout and all looks good. What would be the expected hash rates for a 290 anyone?

I'll still buy some though.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
dilution007

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:52:46 AM

I read the entire thread - count me in as another darkcoiner joining the SPR train! Mr. Spread knows what he's doing - that kind of knowledge can't be faked.

The promise of masternodes makes it an easy choice for me - my only question is how many SPR for a masternode? I was lucky enough to buy 2K+ when the price dipped to ~.0002  Grin
wise decision~  Grin
the min qty for masternode hasn't be decide yet,I guess it's around 1000.

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 02:58:18 AM

I'm working on decentralized (no reference nodes) masternodes and instant transactions. I hope that by the end of this month or sooner we will have public testnet with working masternodes and instant transactions, all code will be open sourced by that moment. DarkSend is much more complicated subject, don't expect it soon.

Amount for running masternode hasn't been set yet. It depends on how many masternodes we want which is not yet clear. The more is better for decentralization, on the other hand we need not to bloat the network with masternode related messages. Instead of setting the required amount it may be better to set the maximum number of masternodes and minimum required amount. Once the number of masternodes will reach the maximum only masternodes with maximum deposits will remain and others will be automatically delisted.

I'll go ALL IN when spreadcoin gets its encrypted in-wallet messaging system. I WANT IT SO MUCH!
Smiley
I was thinking about it. The problem is that given only address you can not encrypt message such that only owner of the address will be able to decrypt it, address is only suitable for checking signatures. Thus address owner should broadcast some additional information to be able to receive messages, I believe Bitmessage is working this way so it is possible. Well, as you know, I'm working on other things right now Smiley

Thanks for the update, please keep us posted atleast once or twice a week.

Decentralized Masternodes, I like the sound of that. I also like the abbreviation DM, in contrast to MN... good way to differentiate these two.

Thanks for the explanation regarding the encrypted in-wallet messaging system, it makes sense.

Decentralization is truly the main principle of this coin!

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 02:59:25 AM

So if I understand this idea you're saying "No required amount of SPR is needed, put whatever SPR you believe should be enough to run a masternode into your masternode". So there will be just a few masternodes with like 10,000+ SPR in them and then many many with like 2 or 3 SPR in them and then when we are at what appears to be a maximum amount of masternodes you then 'draw the line' for required SPR based on however many masternodes are technically needed, and then everyone who has more than that amount in their masternode will need to remove their SPR to go down to that requirement and everyone who is short of that amount will need to increase their SPR to meet it?

Sort of like a market-created masternode requirement based on what is technically needed and what the market players are willing to pay.
If I'm anywhere near what you mean, I like it. It's not just an arbitrary, random amount (like 1,000 DRK).
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
nicemycoin

Activity: 599
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:03:21 AM

NO pool?solo only?
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:05:00 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2015, 03:49:34 AM by georgem

So if I understand this idea you're saying "No required amount of SPR is needed, put whatever SPR you believe should be enough to run a masternode into your masternode". So there will be just a few masternodes with like 10,000+ SPR in them and then many many with like 2 or 3 SPR in them and then when we are at what appears to be a maximum amount of masternodes you then 'draw the line' for required SPR based on what is technically needed and then everyone who has more than that amount in their masternode will need to remove their SPR to go down to that requirement and everyone who is short of that amount will need to increase their SPR to meet it?

Sort of like a market-created masternode requirement based on what is technically needed and what the market players are willing to pay.
If I'm anywhere near what you mean, I like it. Not an arbitrary amount (like 1,000 DRK).
JL

If I understood him correctly, when maximum nr of masternodes is reached +1, then the masternode with the fewest coins will shut down, etc... it will need to add additional SPR to its account to continue staying in the game. (But at that point another masternode will be shut down, lol)

Sounds brilliant. Holy shit. What fierce competition this will create...

This reminds me of this game, MUSICAL CHAIRS, with the limited amount of chairs you can sit on, lol....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_chairs

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:06:56 AM

Oh? I'd be interested in your use case, i.e. “why?”

fwiw, I'm playing around with an experimental Spreadcoin wallet with some additions: gussied-up icons, Bellacoin's diff history chart, Banksycoin's in-wallet IRC and [Talk|Chat]coin's encrypted messaging (the latter working only on testnet thus far).

As with the in-wallet block explorer, the in-wallet chat is accessed via menu (the penultimate item: "Chat Window")

and presented in a separate window:

leading to the (by now fairly standard) in-wallet IRC messaging:

I originally submitted an exploratory PR, adding Bella's difficulty chart to the overview page, Mr Spread thought it'd be better placed on the mining page, here's the candidate:

Alert readers will have noted the appearance of a “Trade” option, again adapted from an existing in-wallet trading implementation. It's fairly primitive, limited to Bittrex and I haven't had chance to check its functioning as yet but now that SPR is listed on BIttrex, it seems to be working largely as expected:

Finally, an adoption of the Talkcoin/Chatcoin encrypted in-wallet messaging --- very early days for this, I've only just decanted the code and it only works on the testnet atm:

It's important to note that these are merely “suck it and see” experiments with no particular ambition to be included in an “official” release (whatever that might be in a p2p context), largely because so many of these nice ideas ultimately prove to be more trouble than they're worth and there's no substitute for actually getting your hands dirty and having a go at finding out.

Neither the Trade tab nor the in-wallet encrypted messaging is yet fit to be seen in public so they remain unpublished for the time being ... but gussied-up icons, a diffplot and an IRC chat window are basically just cosmetic (a fork is not required) so if you fancy joining in with the experiment, you can check out and compile the cpuminer1.2.trial branch:

https://github.com/gjhiggins/spreadcoin/tree/cpuminer1.2.trial

Cheers

Graham

Edit: not last, penultimate
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:07:48 AM

So if I understand this idea you're saying "No required amount of SPR is needed, put whatever SPR you believe should be enough to run a masternode into your masternode". So there will be just a few masternodes with like 10,000+ SPR in them and then many many with like 2 or 3 SPR in them and then when we are at what appears to be a maximum amount of masternodes you then 'draw the line' for required SPR based on what is technically needed and then everyone who has more than that amount in their masternode will need to remove their SPR to go down to that requirement and everyone who is short of that amount will need to increase their SPR to meet it?

If I'm anywhere near what you mean, I like it. Not an arbitrary amount (like 1,000 DRK).
JL

If I understood him correctly, when maximum nr of masternodes is reached +1, then the masternode with the fewest coins will shut down, etc... it will need to add additional SPR to its account to continue staying in the game. (But at that point another masternode will be shut down, lol)

Sounds brilliant. Holy shit. What fierce competition this will create...

That's the way I interpreted it George.  And god do I hope it's true as it's fucking amazing.  Competition for masternodes?  YES PLEASE.
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:09:32 AM

JL

If I understood him correctly, when maximum nr of masternodes is reached +1, then the masternode with the fewest coins will shut down, etc... it will need to add additional SPR to its account to continue staying in the game.

Sounds brilliant. Holy shit.

Wow that is pretty awesome too if that's what he meant. So he'll say the max DM's (Decentralized Masternodes) is like 1,000 with a minimum of like 100 SPR to start with. And once 1,001 DM's are reached the minimum SPR goes up to like 110 which will bring the new DM total to like 950 and the whole process starts over once 1001 DM's are reached again.
Awesome.

Edit: Okay, it does look like it's this way potentially. Amazing idea.

Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:10:02 AM

So if I understand this idea you're saying "No required amount of SPR is needed, put whatever SPR you believe should be enough to run a masternode into your masternode" and then when we are at what appears to be a maximum amount of masternodes you then 'draw the line' for required SPR and then everyone who has more than that amount in their masternode will need to remove their SPR to go down to that requirement and everyone who is short of that amount will need to increase their SPR to meet it?

If I'm anywhere near what you mean, I like it.
JL
This is not like there are some distinct phases: first everyone sends money, then we select masternodes. No, it is a continuous process, you look at what amounts current masternodes have, you see that the top masternode has 1500 SPR and the bottom one has only 1200 SPR, you put, say, 1300 SPR to your masternode, you will be added to the list of masternodes, the bottom masternode will be excluded and others will be unaffected.

Developer of SpreadCoin
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:14:01 AM

Hats off, Mr.Spread.

Not only do you understand decentralization, you also understand the mechanics of a truly free market (which also ties back to decentralization)...

man oh man.

dilution007

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:15:36 AM

wow ,a guy just bought 15K spr worth of 6.45 BTC at a time

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:16:01 AM

Jesse Livermore

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:17:03 AM

Hats off, Mr.Spread.

Not only do you understand decentralization, you also understand the mechanics of a truely free market (which also ties back to decentralization)...

man oh man.

Agreed, good job, Mr. Spread!
One of things I never quite liked about Evan's idea on MN's was the arbitrary 1,000 DRK needed to run one. This completely demolishes the arbitrary-ness and IMO gives SPR a huge leg-up on DRK.
Buying more.
JL

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2015, 03:19:04 AM

Oh? I'd be interested in your use case, i.e. “why?”

"in-wallet messaging system" ? That's so yesterday.

Who needs an in-wallet messaging system when you have DECENTRALIZED MASTERNODES!

just kidding.
For me as a software developer / artist, I would love the ability of someone sending me money anonymously, and me sending him information back (e.g. serial number, download link, whatever) to his wallet.
Without him having to give me ANY ADDITIONAL information whatsoever.

Mr.Spread just explained a few posts earlier that this can't work like that, you need to broadcast atleast SOMETHING additional, your address will not suffice.

Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:29:03 AM

For me as a software developer / artist, I would love the ability of someone sending me money anonymously, and me sending him information back (e.g. serial number, download link, whatever) to his wallet.
Without him having to give me ANY ADDITIONAL information whatsoever.

Mr.Spread just explained a few posts earlier that this can't work like that, you need to broadcast atleast SOMETHING additional, your address will not suffice.
It can work by broadcasting this additional information but this will require some additional actions from those who will want to receive messages, what you want is simpler though, by signing transaction you make your public key known, this should be enough to encrypt a message. But some people may send you money not from the wallet but from an exchange which will probably just ignore such messages.

Developer of SpreadCoin
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 08, 2015, 03:29:20 AM

So if I understand this idea you're saying "No required amount of SPR is needed, put whatever SPR you believe should be enough to run a masternode into your masternode" and then when we are at what appears to be a maximum amount of masternodes you then 'draw the line' for required SPR and then everyone who has more than that amount in their masternode will need to remove their SPR to go down to that requirement and everyone who is short of that amount will need to increase their SPR to meet it?

If I'm anywhere near what you mean, I like it.
JL
This is not like there are some distinct phases: first everyone sends money, then we select masternodes. No, it is a continuous process, you look at what amounts current masternodes have, you see that the top masternode has 1500 SPR and the bottom one has only 1200 SPR, you put, say, 1300 SPR to your masternode, you will be added to the list of masternodes, the bottom masternode will be excluded and others will be unaffected.

YES YES YES!
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: