Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:15:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 10:32:06 AM

I have an idea for a meme! A stock floor covered in mini SPR spermmen all screaming to buy their "share" in the MN list.

Brilliant. I thought about SPR spermmen and have a few related memes in preparation. I promise you will laugh your ass off.
I will use those spermmen (half a SPR logo, 1 logo = 2 sperm men) to show how they spread around, how they solo mine (and show how "perverted" it is when bitcoin pool mines), how they become masternodes, etc...
This is going to be so much fun.

Awesome! I can't wait! I will spread some love once you've posted

Currently and for the next few days I am working on darkcoin related cartoons for the upcoming 1 year anniversary of darkcoin.
When this is finished, I will concentrate more on spreadcoin cartoons for a while. ;-)

Well guys, I like your enthusiasm and imput in SpreadCoin.
But... In my opinion this is a bad idea. It doesn't do the logo and Spreadcoin in general justice.
It is not the image that we must create for SpreadCoin.

Meme: good
Sperm men: bad

Anyone else have an opinion on the matter?

No need to worry, we were just thinking out loud here, and you have seen nothing yet, so why complain. "sperm men" is just something defunctec came up with on the fly..., probably inspired by my cartoonifyed logo ;-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 10:41:57 AM

I have an idea for a meme! A stock floor covered in mini SPR spermmen all screaming to buy their "share" in the MN list.

Brilliant. I thought about SPR spermmen and have a few related memes in preparation. I promise you will laugh your ass off.
I will use those spermmen (half a SPR logo, 1 logo = 2 sperm men) to show how they spread around, how they solo mine (and show how "perverted" it is when bitcoin pool mines), how they become masternodes, etc...

Currently and for the next few days I am working on darkcoin related cartoons for the upcoming 1 year anniversary of darkcoin.
When this is finished, I will concentrate more on spreadcoin cartoons for a while. ;-)

But... In my opinion this is a bad idea. It doesn't do the logo and Spreadcoin in general justice.

No need to worry, we were just thinking out loud here, and you have seen nothing yet, so why complain. "sperm men" is just something defunctec came up with on the fly..., probably inspired by my cartoonifyed logo ;-)

When I look at the logo "sperm men" definately does not come (lol) to mind.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 10:46:02 AM

I am not complaining, I just don't like the idea and even more I think it can damage the Spreadcoin identity.
I am expressing my concersn and want to know how other community members feel about this.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 10:50:10 AM

I am not complaining, I just don't like the idea and even more I think it can damage the Spreadcoin identity.
I am expressing my concersn and want to know how other community members feel about this.

I do think it is damaging and we should stop talking about it.

Or we can change the logo. Wink jks.

But seriously lets just stop.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 10:52:54 AM

You know that everyone of us started as a sperm once? That's how we spread as a species.  Huh
We don't have to use this word (sperm) if it troubles you, I was never going to use that word anyway.... but wait to see a few experiments I am about to do. And then judge!
I'm surprised you dismiss it so early, we haven't done anything yet, lol.
It's experimental and inofficial. No worries man, no worries.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 10:53:27 AM

Soo... I came up with this idea a long time ago.

We have a vanity address generator built into the wallet! Such a good idea and no fiddling around with the private key, just at the click of a single button the key is added to yor wallet.dat. Of course, only your CPU would be able to "mine" but still. It's a good idea. Right? It should go on the mining tab.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:00:13 AM

You know that everyone of us started as a sperm once? That's how we spread as a species.  Huh
We don't have to use this word if it troubles you, I was never going to use that word anyway.... but wait to see a few experiments I am about to do. And then judge!

Well again it's not about me, I am worried for Spreads sake, just ventilating my opinion. There is no good or bad.
If the Spread Community approves than go for it!
SpreadLight

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:08:22 AM

We don't have to use this word if it troubles you, I was never going to use that word anyway.... but wait to see a few experiments I am about to do. And then judge!

Well again it's not about me, I am worried for Spreads sake, just ventilating my opinion. There is no good or bad.
If the Spread Community approves than go for it!

Personally, I would like to see georgem's cartoons. There is nothing to worry. If we worry so much about 'sperm' word to be associated with SpreadCoin then we would be showing our weaknesses to our competitors. They will know where to hit the next time. Let's just allow the freedom of artistic expression do its work. Spreadcoiners are not Al Qaeda to worry or be afraid of about cartoons or satire Wink

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 11:08:34 AM

Well, you can never please everybody. And especially the competition will always be pissed.  Grin
That's what I truly like about this coin, wherever I look I see competition but also encouragement.

This is going to be awesome!

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 11:11:58 AM

Let's just allow the freedom of artistic expression do its work. Spreadcoiners are not Al Qaeda to worry about cartoons or satire Wink

Right on! I appreciate it!

@litcoincollector: please show us more of your spreadman character, I've seen you post a few interesting comic characters in this thread...
As I said, I am in favour of competition. It is the lifeblood of the free market, fellow artist!

It is what defines probably not only this coin but also this community.  Smiley (darkcoin community visavis spreadcoin community)

LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:20:44 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2015, 11:39:07 AM by LitcoinCollector

Let's just allow the freedom of artistic expression do its work. Spreadcoiners are not Al Qaeda to worry about cartoons or satire Wink

Right on! I appreciate it!

@litcoincollector: please show us more of your spreadman character, I've seen you post a few interesting comic characters in this thread...
As I said, I am in favour of competition. It is the lifeblood of the free market, fellow artist!

It is what defines probably not only this coin but also this community.  Smiley (darkcoin community visavis spreadcoin community)

Totally agree man, also like your stuff, so yeah maybe I jumped the gun a bit. Lets see some stuff first.
Carry on!  Cool (Please keep it funny and refined  Smiley)
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 11:23:53 AM

You know that everyone of us started as a sperm once?

Er, there's an egg involved too but I dare say details of the distaff side remain a bit of a mystery to the basement-dwellers around here.

Could I persuade you move well away from the juvenile humour? It's sounded the death-knell for too many altcoins to count -- e.g.

Fuckcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421182.msg8821472#msg8821472

To be perfectly honest, we underestimated the reservations against the fuck word. Most of the major exchanges are US based and we thought people were more open in 2014. We had it all, the initial lol moment, people were digging fuckcoin, but no exchange, no matter how hard we tried, was willing  to add fuckcoin with the FUCK symbol. We even heard of refunded BTC "exchange votes" from the community. This is why there was no update on the fuckcoin wallet.

You couldn't make it up. Fuckwit creates Fuckcoin: all-time fuck-up, fuck all interest, fucked-over investors, fuckin' A, man.

Cheers

Graham
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 11:27:33 AM

Er, there's an egg involved too ....

SShhhhh! Don't spoil the whole story yet Wink

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2015, 11:36:10 AM

Er, there's an egg involved too ....

SShhhhh! Don't spoil the whole story yet Wink
Wait, Mr. Spread is going to create another cryptocurrency called eggcoin? And spreadcoin comes together with eggcoin... I should stop now. Smiley
sony87

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:36:33 AM

Hello,

An update to the miners which struggle with 14.9 drivers.

Using 14.6 mod1 drivers (support for 6 GPU on Win) and bins created on 14.9 u are perfectly safe to run. Here are the bins and config:

sapphire 270
-I 18 -w 128 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2
270-spreadcoinPitcairnglg2tc8192w128l4

toxic 280X
-I 19 -w 256 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2
280X-spreadcoinTahitiglg2tc8192w256l4

Cheers,

tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 11:49:21 AM

thank you  Smiley
And how would i send my hash to the same wallet from my 2nd computer through the internet ?

Here is how:
Also you can mine to a specific address (this is useful if you are mining on several computers). To do so:
1. Use existing or better generate a new address.
2. Open debug console (Tools -> Debug Console) and enter:
dumpprivkey SYourSpreadCoinAddress
3. You will get your private key. Then open spreadcoin.conf or create it if it doesn't exist (D:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\SpreadCoin\spreadcoin.conf on Windows) and add the following line:
miningprivkey=YourPrivateKey
4. Restart your wallet if it was running.
In the Mining tab you will now see notification that all mined coins will go to this address.
Of course you need to generate address and get privkey on one computer and edit spreadcoin.conf on the other.

What is the difference between mining in one wallet with privatekey with several computers and mining with a more wallets especially?
the wallet uses electricity = $

This part confuses me - I need to open my wallet on the second computer in order to solo mine.  If I don't open the wallet I get json errors.  Does the wallet have to be open on both rigs in order to solo mine?  And at this point aren't I still burning electricity?

You only need one wallet running. On the computer running the wallet you point your miner to 127.0.0.1 and on the other computer you point it to the computer that's running the wallet.

Computer 1, with wallet: miner.exe -o 127.0.0.1:41677
Computer 2: miner.exe -o ip.of.wallet.computer:41677

Don't put gen=1 into the conf, that makes the wallet run the internal CPU miner and that's a waste of electricity at these network hash rates. Something like this would do the trick, add the miningprivkey parameter if you want, personally I don't use it.

Code:
server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcuser=yourrpcusername
rpcpassword=yourrpcpassword

The first rpcallowip allows RPC connections from the same computer that is running the wallet. The second rpcallowip is needed to allow connections from the other computer, change the IP to whatever your local network is.

Or you can run the wallet on both computer, as long as you don't use gen=1 it doesn't really hurt but you'll have to deal with having two separate wallets and moving coins from them separately.

Ok - so just to confirm - I do not need my wallet running on the second machine to get it to mine?  I will try this setup and see if it works - thank you.

Edit - ok I tried it without the wallet on the second machine running and it gets the json error when I open the miner.  I must be missing something?

If you are on Windows. Go to the computer with wallet and open the command window and type ipconfig then look for your IPv4 Address. Make sure you use that ip address in your bat on the non wallet computer.

Example. If wallet computer ipv4 address is 192.192.1.921 your bat should look something like this:  spreadminer -o http://192.192.1.921:41667 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD

I also use rpcport=41667 in my config file. If you change anything in your confige file you must restart the wallet.

NOTE: I am a rookie compared to tsiv but this is how I solo mine from multiple computers to the main with the wallet. I have other steps that I must do but they are not the most secure way that I have read about how I do it but it works fine for me. Been mining at time a total of 3 computers into the one with the wallet.
Still my 3rd computer on a separate hub, will not connect to the wallet. The other 2 computers will with the bat file as stated above. My 3rd computer has to be setup to send the hash to the wallet like I would be sending it to someone elses wallet and I don't know how to do that.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:02:14 PM

Interesting!

Welcome sir!
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:05:25 PM

I bought 3000 DRK at price 0.008 !
What am i do ? sell them or hold them ? someone please give a prediction of the future of this Coin .
defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:10:18 PM

What am i do ? sell them or hold them ? someone please give a prediction of the future of this Coin .

SPR is up around 200% in about two weeks. But market cap is only around 200k, and good things coming.

Up to you mate.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 01:12:02 PM

For what its worth: Always go with your gut feeling.
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: