Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:03:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
Pansyfaust

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:38:02 PM

Hey everyone, been trying to set up my rig to mine this coin, but I have a few issues that I lack the expertise to solve. My mining rig is behind a firewall, a firewall that is quite robust and pretty much only allows my miners to connect over port 80 to anything mining related. Now as far as I can tell for you to properly solo mine spreadcoin you need to have the wallet software linked to the miner using the spreadcoin.conf? Is this correct? Do I need to have the wallet software running on the same computer that the mining rig is on or can the mining rig connect to my wallet software on my home PC and run like that? It just feels like I'm missing something simple to get my mining going...

The wallet software on the mining cannot download the blockchain or CPU since the firewall connection clearly does not allow the wallet to download. Anybody have any tips getting the wallet to download the blockchain over port 80? Tongue

I think I've managed to set this up on my home computert since I set up the spreadcoin.config(with private key) and have managed to mine, but after 24 hours either I didn't set it up properly or I just did not find any blocks. I put in these settings as well as my privkey.
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=80
rpcthreads=15
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
did you name the spreadcoin config file "spreadcoin.conf"?
It is normal to not find any blocks after 24 hours. How many kh/s do you get?

Are you trying to mine at work or something? Because when this was cpu only I tried to mine at school but I couldn't connect to anyone.
Also, you should have rpcallowip=<the mining rig ip> if the rig is on a different computer.

Hey. No, I just named it spreadcoin.

Yeah, have my setup in my office. I also cannot mine with the wallet software on that network.
So are you saying my primary wallet software(on my home PC) should have the mining rigs IP and not the standard 127.0.0.1?

Trying to mine again on my home PC and all i get is "waiting for work to be available from pools" "Setting GPU to idle performance"

Sigh
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:40:43 PM

Does anyone out there want to sell 6500 SPR? Let me know Smiley I really want to increase my stash of this coin but no one is willing to sell large quantities on the exchanges Sad Also I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get these coins and it doesn't look like anyone is dumping these coins anytime soon! Damn you valuable SpreadCoin!! LOL Now I'm all addicted to you and can't get enough Wink Jesus H. Corbett!
Put a buy order at .00045 on Bittrex.  If nobody hits it within a few hours I'll hit it for you since you're the biggest SPR cheerleader.

Why would you purposely drop the price? If you both trust each other then do a private a sale. Send half at a time or something like that if you don't feel like doing a whole sales in one lump sum.

Because I really don't want to sell at this price and am hoping someone else will hit his bid if he puts it up.  Let the weak hands exit.
Well I got my buy set at 45k if you decide that you do want to fill it for me good sir Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:44:31 PM

Does anyone out there want to sell 6500 SPR? Let me know Smiley I really want to increase my stash of this coin but no one is willing to sell large quantities on the exchanges Sad Also I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to get these coins and it doesn't look like anyone is dumping these coins anytime soon! Damn you valuable SpreadCoin!! LOL Now I'm all addicted to you and can't get enough Wink Jesus H. Corbett!
Put a buy order at .00045 on Bittrex.  If nobody hits it within a few hours I'll hit it for you since you're the biggest SPR cheerleader.

Why would you purposely drop the price? If you both trust each other then do a private a sale. Send half at a time or something like that if you don't feel like doing a whole sales in one lump sum.

Because I really don't want to sell at this price and am hoping someone else will hit his bid if he puts it up.  Let the weak hands exit.
Well I got my buy set at 45k if you decide that you do want to fill it for me good sir Smiley Cheers
Is that entire wall yours or did you add to it?  If you added to it, you need to put it just above it.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 09:50:07 PM

Hey everyone, been trying to set up my rig to mine this coin, but I have a few issues that I lack the expertise to solve. My mining rig is behind a firewall, a firewall that is quite robust and pretty much only allows my miners to connect over port 80 to anything mining related. Now as far as I can tell for you to properly solo mine spreadcoin you need to have the wallet software linked to the miner using the spreadcoin.conf? Is this correct? Do I need to have the wallet software running on the same computer that the mining rig is on or can the mining rig connect to my wallet software on my home PC and run like that? It just feels like I'm missing something simple to get my mining going...

The wallet software on the mining cannot download the blockchain or CPU since the firewall connection clearly does not allow the wallet to download. Anybody have any tips getting the wallet to download the blockchain over port 80? Tongue

I think I've managed to set this up on my home computert since I set up the spreadcoin.config(with private key) and have managed to mine, but after 24 hours either I didn't set it up properly or I just did not find any blocks. I put in these settings as well as my privkey.
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=80
rpcthreads=15
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

Are you trying to mine at work or something? Because when this was cpu only I tried to mine at school but I couldn't connect to anyone.
Also, you should have rpcallowip=<the mining rig ip> if the rig is on a different computer.

Yeah, have my setup in my office. I also cannot mine with the wallet software on that network.

Ok, first, press the windows key + R

In the window that came up type "control folders" (without the "") and press enter.
In the view tab make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" it unticked and then press ok.

Ok now navigate to you spreadcoin folder (%appdata%/Spreadcoin)
Now make sure to name the config file "spreadcoin.conf". And make sure it doesn't have .txt on the end. If it does, just rename it without it.

So are you saying my primary wallet software(on my home PC) should have the mining rigs IP and not the standard 127.0.0.1?

Yeah, because I assume rpcallowip means "Only allow this IP to connect to the wallet" so at your office, go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ to find the ip of your office and at home replace 127.0.0.1 with that ip.

Once you go back to work go back to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ to check if the IP changed. If it didn't then you are good to go. (hopefully)
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 09:50:12 PM

Alright noob, if nobody hits it within a few hours, I will.  Hopefully someone else does.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:05:59 PM

Alright noob, if nobody hits it within a few hours, I will.  Hopefully someone else does.
Thanks appreciate it Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:16:04 PM

I'm trying to figure out the best settings for 290/290x/280x cards, but I'm not really finding any references to speeds in this thread. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Pansyfaust

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:17:39 PM

rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=80
rpcthreads=15
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1

Ok, first, press the windows key + R

In the window that came up type "control folders" (without the "") and press enter.
In the view tab make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" it unticked and then press ok.

Ok now navigate to you spreadcoin folder (%appdata%/Spreadcoin)
Now make sure to name the config file "spreadcoin.conf". And make sure it doesn't have .txt on the end. If it does, just rename it without it.

Yeah, because I assume rpcallowip means "Only allow this IP to connect to the wallet" so at your office, go to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ to find the ip of your office and at home replace 127.0.0.1 with that ip.

Once you go back to work go back to http://www.whatsmyip.org/ to check if the IP changed. If it didn't then you are good to go. (hopefully)

Okay, managed to get the miner running now on my home PC. Do I need the wallet software on my mining rig to be running as well? Thanks for the help btw, it is massively appreciated.

I accessed my mining rig via remote desktop and when I attempted to mine I got this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iigwqwj0ipkd27n/Screenshot%202015-01-14%2000.09.15.png?dl=0
Jeff8247

Activity: 219

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:41:41 PM

Okay, managed to get the miner running now on my home PC. Do I need the wallet software on my mining rig to be running as well? Thanks for the help btw, it is massively appreciated.

I accessed my mining rig via remote desktop and when I attempted to mine I got this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iigwqwj0ipkd27n/Screenshot%202015-01-14%2000.09.15.png?dl=0

Update your video card drivers to at least v14.9 son.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Pansyfaust

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 10:53:17 PM

Ah. Anybody got a .bin for a 280x I can use then? Tongue
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:06:05 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24462711/spreadcoinTahitiglg2tc8192w256l4.bin
Pansyfaust

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 11:29:35 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24462711/spreadcoinTahitiglg2tc8192w256l4.bin

Thanks for that, but it still gave me the same problem. I'll attempt to install 14.9 drivers when I get a chance.
Jeff8247

Activity: 219

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:06:17 AM

Thanks for that, but it still gave me the same problem. I'll attempt to install 14.9 drivers when I get a chance.

Pansy, the v14.9 drivers arent a recommended, they are required otherwise it wont work. Hope this helps.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Prelude
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 12:31:07 AM

14.12 (Omega) work perfectly too.
IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:30:09 AM

Manbearwhale destroying the btc market.
Good ol SPR standing strong.
More BTC on the way to snag some more, basically free, SPR

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:34:17 AM

Yep I hear that my friend Smiley SpreadCoin is going to BOOM soon I can feel it.  We just need to keep getting the word out and bringing more people to the community and possibly look into what other features and promotions we can get going for SpreadCoin to help with the people who are investing in this coin make a good investment and raise the price of it Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

IBGigglin
Legendary

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:37:54 AM

I saw that buy before looking on here and here and thought to myself, theres no way in hell someones filling that lol
Good luck tho  Smiley

IBGigglin
Legendary

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:55:04 AM

Yep I hear that my friend Smiley SpreadCoin is going to BOOM soon I can feel it.  We just need to keep getting the word out and bringing more people to the community and possibly look into what other features and promotions we can get going for SpreadCoin to help with the people who are investing in this coin make a good investment and raise the price of it Smiley

Fuck that. I'm just accumulating. Others can fight over their own coin when SPR pops off.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 01:59:11 AM

Fuck that. I'm just accumulating. Others can fight over their own coin when SPR pops off.
Hahaha I hear you on the accumulating my friend I am doing the same constantly lol But I also believe in letting other traders know when a good opportunity is there with a good coin and especially a coin that isn't a scam or shit coin Smiley I believe heavily in "SPREADING" the love in Crypto Wink Guess that is why I was so drawn towards this coin Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2015, 01:59:21 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2015, 02:09:31 AM by e1ghtSpace

Here is the animation I have been working on for 2 days. All up it probably took 7 hours because it was my first time modelling everything. But in the future it should be quicker.

Please leave suggestions for more animations.
Please donate a few Spreadcoins if you like the animation I made and can spare a few. Enjoy!
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: