Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:49:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:15:59 AM

Don't think too many people are gonna be selling on a gem like this coin unfortunately not for cheap Sad I'm still trying to get some buy orders filled since 4 days ago but if anyone feels generous they can always donate to : SdpQYCKXV8MQeKE6MSCK2J5JZP8sc3bxAA or if anyone needs any work done I would gladly do it for some more SpreadCoin. Smiley Just let the NoobKidOnTheBlock know what needs to be done?

I will be generous and donate you 2 SPR  Grin
Hope this makes you happy, my bagholding wallet won't see market any time soon  Cool

WOW!!! THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!!! Very GENEROUS of you to do that mate Smiley Truly appreciate that and much thanks and praise that they still have some good folks left in CryptoWorld!! Thanks again

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:45:55 AM

Don't think too many people are gonna be selling on a gem like this coin unfortunately not for cheap Sad I'm still trying to get some buy orders filled since 4 days ago but if anyone feels generous they can always donate to : SdpQYCKXV8MQeKE6MSCK2J5JZP8sc3bxAA or if anyone needs any work done I would gladly do it for some more SpreadCoin. Smiley Just let the NoobKidOnTheBlock know what needs to be done?

I will be generous and donate you 2 SPR  Grin
Hope this makes you happy, my bagholding wallet won't see market any time soon  Cool

WOW!!! THANKS SO VERY MUCH!!!! Very GENEROUS of you to do that mate Smiley Truly appreciate that and much thanks and praise that they still have some good folks left in CryptoWorld!! Thanks again
And a truly grateful thanks again for the more SpreadCoin folks Smiley I really appreciate that!! Good Strong Community growing here which is awesome for this coin Wink Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

mtwelve
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 12:58:03 AM

Coins now on my radar Smiley

HIRE ME FOR SEO, SOCIAL MEDIA, COPYWRITING, AND MORE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5100134.0
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:15:26 AM

May I post a suggestion here?

Since some DRK features are implemented, and some could be improved upon, the original concept for the Darkcoin masternodes (RC2/RC3 releases) involved a protocol-level enforcement of the masternode payments. The problem with these releases was that there was some kind of bug that triggered sporadic network forking by misbehaving nodes or mining clients. The consensus wasn't working as it should.

In a sense, Darkcoin tried to use a dual consensus for every block: One for the transactions / mining, and one for the masternode payout. This didn't work as planned (there were sporadic forks of the network) and DarkSend development was lagging - so a workaround system was created instead that was "safer" and relieved some of the price speculation (it was the period of the great pump - and all eyes were on DRK news and how something would succeed or fail).

In that payment system (an evolution of which, is the current system of MN payments) the pools decided whether to pay or not in a semi-voluntary scheme. If a pool wanted to cheat payment, they could. The strategy was to shame the pools that "cheated" and it worked to compliance levels of 80-90%. The added threat of "enforcement" where Evan would "flip the switch" to fork off the non-compliant pools was also added as an extra measure. However, in my view, this is not the ideal solution to the problem. Rather, it should be done like it initially was conceived so that misbehaving clients are simply forked by themselves out of the network. No centralization / enforcement switch, no need for asking pools to play nice etc etc.

Perhaps the dev wants to give it a look* and see if he can come up with a system that works and which is free of forking bugs. It could also be implemented by DRK if successful, and it would also give added credibility to SPR itself for improving something in a significant way. The good thing with SPR is that, unlike DRK which is more mature, it can risk multiple hard forks to try things out.

* Perhaps the RC2/RC3 bugged solutions of DRK where there was a voting system in place to decide the MN payments are not the ideal concept for this implementation and another idea can be used altogether.
I think it should be based on the majority of the hashrate. If the majority of the hashrate agrees on masternode payments then others should be forced to accept it even if they don't agree with it and do not create forks. The only way to cheat would be 51% attack but with 51% you can do much worse things anyway.

I'm against introducing any centralization to SpreadCoin. "Hey, this is a decentralized currency but I have a magic switch with which I can turn on and off some major feature". This can be employed to avoid possible issues when introducing new features but not as a long term solution for any problem.

Yes, that's my thoughts on this also. DRK initially went to do it the hashrate way / protocol way, through a voting mechanism where nodes would collect "votes" and then get paid in the next block once their vote count had reached the predetermined limit (6 votes IIRC). But it proved problematic (sporadic forking of the network) in practice and debugging it while in production was attracting all sort of negative attention. Thus it was consequently abandoned in favor of the "spork". So there is definitely room for improvement there.
digital_money

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 02:48:38 AM

It's too hard to find a block now  Sad
But I'll keep mining this excellent coin Grin
MyFarm

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:21:30 AM

Let's see what happens.
Good to see you over here.  Smiley

Looks like I am going to have some serious competition as I attempt to add to my position.
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:42:11 AM

Mr. Spread, I mean ZERO disrespect when I ask this and will definitely not push the issue as it's your coin... but would you be open to a name change for Spreadcoin at some point?  One of the biggest arguments against Darkcoin by many is its' name.  Spreadcoin is going to have many of the same features as DRK (and maybe even some improvements by the sounds of it!) BUT in my opinion, "Spreadcoin" isn't the greatest name ever for a coin, especially for a coin I feel can be a top 3-10 market cap coin within a year. Again, I mean no disrespect and if you love the current name, I won't mention it again.  But if you are open to a name change, I think it could bring even more attention to this coin.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 04:17:46 AM

Mr. Spread, I mean ZERO disrespect when I ask this and will definitely not push the issue as it's your coin... but would you be open to a name change for Spreadcoin at some point?  One of the biggest arguments against Darkcoin by many is its' name.  Spreadcoin is going to have many of the same features as DRK (and maybe even some improvements by the sounds of it!) BUT in my opinion, "Spreadcoin" isn't the greatest name ever for a coin, especially for a coin I feel can be a top 3-10 market cap coin within a year. Again, I mean no disrespect and if you love the current name, I won't mention it again.  But if you are open to a name change, I think it could bring even more attention to this coin.
We should call it Vegemitecoin. Because Vegemite is a dark spread.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:29:54 AM

What's wrong with Spread as the coins name? You can SPREAD the wealth, Spread the happiness,, Spread the Joy, Spread the Love, SpreadCoin in my opinion sounds like the perfect name for a top contender to Bitcoin, Darkcoin, or LiteCoin too! I think SpreadCoin would also help Noobies adapt more to the cryptocurrency world by its simplicity in its name Smiley How many people would've ever used Facebook if it was called "CreepyWebsiteWhereYouCanStalkYourExesAndCreepPeopleYouDon'tKnowAndAddThemAsAFriend?Huh" It's the smoothness in a name like SpreadCoin that works with it!!
Cheers
s's

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

snogcel

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:46:52 AM

Interesting concept -- I've browsed through most of the thread but haven't seen a clear answer on a key point:

How specifically are mining pools avoided with this coin?

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:56:23 AM

Interesting concept -- I've browsed through most of the thread but haven't seen a clear answer on a key point:

I believe it was somthing to do with a bug in the original Bitcoin coding and Mr. Spread made his coin that way so big pools can't massive mine it or something like that lol dont ask me I'm just a NOOB!!!

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 06:48:58 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 07:38:52 AM by Rux

There is way we can make pool... same like on LAN, just use massive scale... open ports on routers, forward that port to the MAINrig with wallet acting as a server... with static ip... and off you go!

should we try? anyone interested to share some hash to test this teory?

cmon guys, i need only 1 miner to start with this... if we can get this to work...then what can stop 5 farms of rigs to team up and find blocks faster than any of solo miners?

instead LAN conf rpcallowip=192.168.1.* maybe we can do rpcallowip=*.*.*.*  so that everyone can join

Smiley just my 2 cents, we should try

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 09:07:15 AM

I must admit, I'm a bit hazy on the detail too.

Maybe SPR could do with a one-para summary and a snappy buzzphrase? Something along the lines of the “Sign-to-Mine™” approach taken by by Ziftrcoin and described thusly:

“We will use the NIST chosen Keccak, a memory-hard 512-bit hashing
algorithm, along with our Sign to Mine™ protocol, to mine ziftrCOINs.
Essentially, the header must contain a signature of the header’s contents,
which must be verified with the script spending the coinbase transaction.
This ensures that the one who solves the block also has the capability to
spend the block, which limits large pools. With Sign to Mine, miners should
make sure they trust those with whom they are mining, as anyone in the pool
has the ability to spend the reward for the blocks they solve.”

Quoted from ”ziftrCOIN Specifications, Released December 6, 2014” https://d19y4lldx7po3t.cloudfront.net/assets/docs/ziftrcoin-coinspecs.pdf

They may even have actually registered the trademark.

Cheers

Graham
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:12:08 AM

Whitepaper link is in OP.
girino
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170

Advertise Here - PM for more info!

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:30:33 AM

Maybe SPR could do with a one-para summary and a snappy buzzphrase? Something along the lines of the “Sign-to-Mine™” approach taken by by Ziftrcoin and described thusly:

Quoted from ”ziftrCOIN Specifications, Released December 6, 2014” https://d19y4lldx7po3t.cloudfront.net/assets/docs/ziftrcoin-coinspecs.pdf

Cheers

Graham

looks like ziftrCOINs has just cloned spread algorithm and changed X11 for keccak. By the date, i'd say it's quite possible! Is their code available? BTW, Keccak is not memory hard. Those guys got something wrong!

Advertise Here - PM for more info!
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 09:41:34 AM

Cheers

Graham

Are you allowed to trademark things? Does the open source licence or whatever it is stop that?

I believe it was somthing to do with a bug in the original Bitcoin coding and Mr. Spread made his coin that way.
I'm pretty sure this never happened. But Mr. Spread did improve the transaction size so that it is smaller.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 09:48:33 AM

What's wrong with Spread as the coins name? You can SPREAD the wealth, Spread the happiness,, Spread the Joy, Spread the Love, SpreadCoin in my opinion sounds like the perfect name for a top contender to Bitcoin, Darkcoin, or LiteCoin too! I think SpreadCoin would also help Noobies adapt more to the cryptocurrency world by its simplicity in its name Smiley How many people would've ever used Facebook if it was called "CreepyWebsiteWhereYouCanStalkYourExesAndCreepPeopleYouDon'tKnowAndAddThemAsAFriend?Huh" It's the smoothness in a name like SpreadCoin that works with it!!
Cheers
s's
And Spreadcoin rolls off the tongue. Unlike solocoin or something.
LitcoinCollector
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:00:21 AM

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:07:52 AM

There is a whitepaper in OP. I think I should change OP to make it more clear why there are no pools, you are not the first one who asks.

I personally like the current name.

Developer of SpreadCoin
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:12:09 AM

There is a whitepaper in OP. I think I should change OP to make it more clear why there are no pools, you are not the first one who asks.

I personally like the current name.
+1000 TO THAT MR. SPREAD Smiley I AGREE IT SUITS THIS COIN JUST FINE!!!

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: