Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:19:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tezos: A Self-Amending Crypto-Ledger  (Read 67920 times)
HomoHenning

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:30:10 PM

Not really no. I feel like everyone has this backwards. If this were stock in a company, the price of the stock is directly related to the value of the company (how much it has in assets).

Tezos is the opposite of the majority of these ICO's, the money isn't just handed out to the team who created the whitepaper, it is managed as funds for the network by a non-profit organization. You can think of the tokens as being directly backed by these funds in a way.

For most ICO's particularly all the ERC-20 garbage as of late, it's not that. They take your money, put it in their bank accounts and give you something useless in return.

And don't forget these area all micro-cap investments anyway. Linkedin the website was bought for 26 BILLION. Even at 200 Million for Tezos, it's just a tiny tiny marketcap with decent financial backing. Other projects are tiny marketcaps with tiny financial backing!

Look at Ripple or Bancor. It stays low level due to huge market cap.

Bancor is not comparable with tezos dude. Bancor is crap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:56:51 PM

Not really no. I feel like everyone has this backwards. If this were stock in a company, the price of the stock is directly related to the value of the company (how much it has in assets).

Tezos is the opposite of the majority of these ICO's, the money isn't just handed out to the team who created the whitepaper, it is managed as funds for the network by a non-profit organization. You can think of the tokens as being directly backed by these funds in a way.

For most ICO's particularly all the ERC-20 garbage as of late, it's not that. They take your money, put it in their bank accounts and give you something useless in return.

And don't forget these area all micro-cap investments anyway. Linkedin the website was bought for 26 BILLION. Even at 200 Million for Tezos, it's just a tiny tiny marketcap with decent financial backing. Other projects are tiny marketcaps with tiny financial backing!

No, Bancor was a classic example of everything that is wrong with the garbage ERC-20 tokens. It was just a bad unworkable idea with nothing actually behind it. I think I recall 40 lines of code was behind the poorly conceived idea http://hackingdistributed.com/2017/06/19/bancor-is-flawed/

Tezos was in the works back in 2014 (code wise) and conceptually prior to even that. It has a tremendous code base and a large development team. A 200 million or 2 Billion of even 200 Billion market cap for a global system of currency will look like nothing.

Part of me is just thrilled that folks in this space can somehow think Tezos and these other projects are even in the same universe! That confusion might allow me to invest a decent amount into it before it blows up.
HomoHenning

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:32:43 AM

No, Bancor was a classic example of everything that is wrong with the garbage ERC-20 tokens. It was just a bad unworkable idea with nothing actually behind it. I think I recall 40 lines of code was behind the poorly conceived idea http://hackingdistributed.com/2017/06/19/bancor-is-flawed/

Tezos was in the works back in 2014 (code wise) and conceptually prior to even that. It has a tremendous code base and a large development team. A 200 million or 2 Billion of even 200 Billion market cap for a global system of currency will look like nothing.

Part of me is just thrilled that folks in this space can somehow think Tezos and these other projects are even in the same universe! That confusion might allow me to invest a decent amount into it before it blows up.

most of the people here dont have any clue about what they are investing in. I wrote in Bancor thread weeks before the ICO that this "business idea" makes no sense. Also Bancor is just an idea of an app on top of ETH. Comparing this with tezos is jsut insane. tezos is a complete new blockchain / ecosystem/ with a (small) potential to be a game changer aka bitcoin and/or eth killer

ripple had huge gains this year. it makes sense that it can not gain more now. Also there is no real usage of ripple until now
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:49:29 PM

The negative comments seem to indicate immaturity, and lack of understanding the history of crypto currencies. The best indicator of a coin's future is the number of people who invest, and the talent and organization of it's leadership.
It seems foolish to underestimate Tezos when you consider the support behind it. I'm betting most of the folks trying to find reasons it won't have massive success are really wishing they had invested early. 
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:36:35 PM

Didn't know much about tezos before but joined Arthur's technical presentation the other day. It was amazing to go through the thinking of Tezos and the challenges it faces. If indeed these issues are resolved, tezos could be potentially the version 3 of blockchain
forkedchain

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 02:57:26 AM

for anyone using the alphanet, you'll notice that while baking, there are frequent chain seizures.  I have a cron script for a workaround
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 09:18:15 AM

most of the people here dont have any clue about what they are investing in. I wrote in Bancor thread weeks before the ICO that this "business idea" makes no sense. Also Bancor is just an idea of an app on top of ETH. Comparing this with tezos is jsut insane. tezos is a complete new blockchain / ecosystem/ with a (small) potential to be a game changer aka bitcoin and/or eth killer

ripple had huge gains this year. it makes sense that it can not gain more now. Also there is no real usage of ripple until now

Truly said!! Comparing tezos with other ERC20 tokens or ripple makes no sense. Tezos has different purpose, whereas ripple has nothing.
HomoHenning

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 07:03:23 PM

Didn't know much about tezos before but joined Arthur's technical presentation the other day. It was amazing to go through the thinking of Tezos and the challenges it faces. If indeed these issues are resolved, tezos could be potentially the version 3 of blockchain
do  you have a link for this presentation?
bengems

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:36:02 AM

Tezos idea is awesome, I wish they get it working. Though I have quite a few amount of tez

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jacafbiz

Activity: 2072
Merit: 529

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:44:13 AM

Truly said!! Comparing tezos with other ERC20 tokens or ripple makes no sense. Tezos has different purpose, whereas ripple has nothing.

I think it is very easy for you guys to go bashing ERC20 tokens, but Ethereum has made ICOs possible, I'm waiting for Tezo platform to release their own platform because all what the team promised is just in theory, it will be good to evaluate the first dapp coming up on Tezo

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
tranduc2101

Activity: 333
Merit: 10

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:29:45 PM

Do I really want them to have specific time to reimburse those who invest below the minimum, or is it not important to them? Angry

NotSafe4Wurk

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:19:05 PM

When are they launching? I invested in ICO but forget this existed.
depassage298

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:20:59 PM

Do I really want them to have specific time to reimburse those who invest below the minimum, or is it not important to them? Angry

What's the minimum ?
makulo123

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Tezos is really great project. I have invested in the ICO, but I would like to buy more of their tokens when it hits exchanges. The most promising ICO of 2017 I would say. Also, do you know when Tezos is available on exchanges?
makulo123

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:46:31 PM

What's the minimum ?

0.1 BTC or ETH equivalent was the minimum contribution during the token sale. If you had invested above the minimum contribution, you will get your tokens, if not, the contribution will be refunded (unless it's more than 0.05 BTC, which is their changed minimum contribution and in that case you'll get your tokens.
tranduc2101

Activity: 333
Merit: 10

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 02:26:00 AM

What's the minimum ?

0.1 BTC or ETH equivalent was the minimum contribution during the token sale. If you had invested above the minimum contribution, you will get your tokens, if not, the contribution will be refunded (unless it's more than 0.05 BTC, which is their changed minimum contribution and in that case you'll get your tokens.

When will I get back money, they are late

yayat

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 03:43:19 AM

when will it be listed on the exchange market ?
I see this is an old project, is it true ?
krinjah

Merit: 256

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 08:30:42 AM

It's going to go live and traded later in October. but that's not 100% sure as no info available yet from the dev team regarding this.
williamevanl

Activity: 404
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 06:10:33 PM

Tezos is one of the only real projects in this space for years! But yes, given that it's a real project and not a scammy erc-20 white paper nothing, it's been in development since 2014 and is still not out yet. (because real projects take a really long time)
vuvanle120

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

"Highest ROI crypto infrastructure"

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 01:10:00 AM

Tezos is one of the only real projects in this space for years! But yes, given that it's a real project and not a scammy erc-20 white paper nothing, it's been in development since 2014 and is still not out yet. (because real projects take a really long time)

Tezos might be the next big thing. I'm keeping an eye on it after it launches in November.

Great projects take time and money. Tezos has it both so I think there chance of becoming success is very likely.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: