Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:14:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Granite | Simple Solid Stable | GRN  (Read 74268 times)
HYPERfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 05:01:39 PM

Following because the dev chrys seems to be a stand up guy.

Same here! Usually this strategy pays off. I had the same thing with Gamecredits and Expanse and that has paid off extremely well. Also just placed som buy orders for HYPER, btw, since that is crazy underprized Smiley

Glad it's been working out for you Smiley Thanks for the support. I always thought Foldingcoin was an awesome idea, maybe we could collaborate somehow. A lot of gamers have spare processing power maybe they can use for Foldingcoin?

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 11:38:22 PM

Same here! Usually this strategy pays off. I had the same thing with Gamecredits and Expanse and that has paid off extremely well. Also just placed som buy orders for HYPER, btw, since that is crazy underprized Smiley

Glad it's been working out for you Smiley Thanks for the support. I always thought Foldingcoin was an awesome idea, maybe we could collaborate somehow. A lot of gamers have spare processing power maybe they can use for Foldingcoin?

Successful cryptos is all about cooperation Smiley I'll send you a PM to discuss this.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 03:15:48 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2016, 03:46:21 AM by chrysophylax

tanx guys ...

tanx for your kind words and for the interest you are showing ...

its a pleasure to know that solid members of the crypto community have such good things to say ...

there is a lot going on in the background - and as i dont publish too much about ifs maybes and 'roadmap' - it does look like the project is at a little standstill ... it was for a couple of weeks through christmas and new years and january - as i had to personally do a smaller move and preparing for a much larger move in 4weeks time ...

but i can assure you i am now not the only one working in the background on granite ... in fact there are three of us that are firmly planted in getting a lot done - with others that are contracted in to do their part ...

there is a compilation issue currently that has stumped me i have to admit - and that will be fixed shortly as soon as i can find why granite daemon suddenly crashes after compilation ... this doesnt happen for all compiles - just a few select ones ...

we know bdb and boost have been updated in most os systems - and gcc has had an upgrade as well ... so we are looking into the code to see what it is that could be clashing with the new updates ...

apart from that - the new website is finished at its base - has most of the items in place - and will be published when they are all done ... ( if you would like a sneak preview and test of the site - please pm ... only a few will be able to at any one time for the moment ) ...

the new layout is better than the old ...
the new structure will mean a much easier process for updates and addons ...
theforum will start to be used more often as means of communication ...
the integration ( not a hyperlink to another site ) of the official granite pool inside the website means access to mining without leaving the site ...
the new shopping module added and working well ...
the shopping system requires a backend payment processor for granite and btc and aud - as well as the currently available usd and eu ...

the rebase of the granite code to a granitenode ( masternode / PoS ) system is heavily debated ... and may go ahead of schedule if it can be decided as to how much benefit we will be able to retain from such a system ... especially with the current issue of compilation - the rebase is being considered even more intently ...

options and inclusions for integration into the wallet - including bleutrade and safecex trading ( as we are now on two exchanges currently ) are currently being setup ... as well as a few other ideas and integration which are just on paper at the moment ( so id rather not say anything about them until i can be sure we can get them done ) ... hence why there is no 'roadmap' or promises ... just 'stuff getting done' ..

thefarm will also play a part in the granite ecosystem - which means mining will become a major part of granite ... after all i started as a miner first and foremost - and this is a miners coin ...

thefarm will also play a large part in the granitefund ... a place where btc and granite can be help for expenses and purchases ... whether they be to pay devs or contractors or marketing or otherwise ...

we are now mined on a few different pools currently ( such as hashpower - yiimp to name a couple ) with a few waiting for the code fix to compile ( zpool - miningpoolhub to name a couple also ) ...

and if you have other miners that you want to set to mining other than a gpu ( such as an asic or fpga that does sha256 and scrypt ) the steakcloud has implemented granite as a payout coin - using any of the three big algos they have currently avalable - sha256 scrypt x11 ... http://pool.steakcloud.com/ ...

there are discussions for another coin to join the ecosystem - but negotiations are only just being done ... this is ongoing for the moment and will be finalized when we can agree on the terms - and it seems its going well for the time being ...

as for co-operation between crypto - im an advocate of that premise in a massive way ... currently working alongside the dev of droidz to fix the issue droidz have just had - supporting and helping evergreencoin ( evergreencoindev - steven saxton ) in backend infrastructure with seednodes - as with mastertradercoin ( mastertrader777 ) and bitstone ( bitstonedev ) in the same ... their core seednodes are also part of our granite infrastructure ( and some have hardcoded our seednodes into the core code ) as granite continues to support more in the future using its infrastructure ...

it makes me a very happy man to have the likes of respectable community members such as yourselves and others as my peers ... during the course of this year - we will bring out all that we have been working on in stages ... stages of completion - as soon as its complete - its published Smiley ... as no part of the development relies on any other except for the core daemon ...

once again - tanx for the positive feedback ...

#crysx

fastlan

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

https://twitter.com/_Crypto_Mike

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 08:07:40 PM

same here
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 03:18:49 AM

hi all ...

tanx again for your kind words ...

i really do appreciate them ... and you say these things even though i can be abrupt and forward - which is sometimes construed as being rude ...

an update to the compilation issue ...

this seems to have been fixed - and is currently being tested in the granite test server - which will then roll out to the production environment soon after ...

so far so good ...

ive built two daemons with differing settings ( early and later boost versions and early and later bdb versions using openssl 1.0.2f with both ) and all seems well ...

i compile static builds for the daemons - under centos 7 x64 - as all the vps systems and servers are based on centos 7 x64 ... this 'should mean - that other os systems like ubuntu - should not have any issues building dynamically ...

the two pools that have been waiting for the fix will now be notified for addition - miningpoolhub ( https://miningpoolhub.com/index.php ) and zpool ( http://www.zpool.ca/ ) - and the current pools and exchanges will be notified over the course of the next few days of the fix also ( yiimp - hashpower - coinking - and steakcloud ) ... though there really is no need to upgrade and rebuild as a mandatory upgrade - unless you want the current code fixes with it also ...

the official seednodes are all uptodate and ready to take on the blockchain servicing - so that too should give you immediate and very quick blockchain sync ...

further ...

tanx to our new honorary granite team member soopy452000 - the fix was implemented a few hours ago ...

soopy and i have been working closely together on a few matters - especially granite ( and currently droidz ) - and has been instrumental in the redevelopment and updates in the core of granite ...

an update will be forthcoming - as will the op update ( which needs a full redesign - getting too messy ) - explaining all that needs to be updated ...

tanx for you patience ...

#crysx

fastlan

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 10:22:11 PM

any ideas on how to increase market value for granite?
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2016, 10:34:10 PM

We've updated our GRN wallet and the previous issue is now fixed.

Cheers

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 03:45:01 AM

any ideas on how to increase market value for granite?

yes - many ideas fastlan ...

but due to my work in the background on granite ( and other coins currently ) i have not published a few things that are being done right now ...

as always - i dont like the 'talk' and would rather the 'do' and then 'show' ...

the drawback of this is that many people dont realize that granite is in progression and will be for the next year ... moving forward all the time ...

your ideas and the communities ideas are ALWAYS welcome ...

many changes are coming - they will just take a little bit of time ... but i can guarantee that this year - a lot of changes and plans that have been on the drawing board have now been implemented ...

i just hope i can get the op redone in a better fashion - so its more readable and not so messy ... and will continue to update as changes come in ... progression is slow but very steady ... which has always been the core of the stability of the granite ecosystem ... organic growth ...

jonesd - are you still interested in helping with the new op? ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 03:50:01 AM

Cheers

im glad it all worked out ...

the new code didnt come fast enough as far as im concerned - but is now solid and stable ...

tanx for the addition into zpool crackfoo ...

it is much appreciated ...

i am in the process of a full takeover of a coin that has tech im interested in - which im planning to compliment the granite portfolio ...

this coin will be part of the granite family - though when the takeover is finalized - will be worked from the ground up to become a part of the granite ecosystem ...

negotiations will be finalized this week im hoping ... when this does so - would you be interested in adding this coin to zpool also? ...

its x11 based as well ... and so far - is a PoW coin ...

more details coming shortly ...

#crysx

fastlan

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 11:13:49 PM

Cheers

im glad it all worked out ...

the new code didnt come fast enough as far as im concerned - but is now solid and stable ...

tanx for the addition into zpool crackfoo ...

it is much appreciated ...

i am in the process of a full takeover of a coin that has tech im interested in - which im planning to compliment the granite portfolio ...

this coin will be part of the granite family - though when the takeover is finalized - will be worked from the ground up to become a part of the granite ecosystem ...

negotiations will be finalized this week im hoping ... when this does so - would you be interested in adding this coin to zpool also? ...

its x11 based as well ... and so far - is a PoW coin ...

more details coming shortly ...

#crysx
always exciting....staying tuned  Cheesy
fastlan

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:52:07 PM

have you ever thought about changing algos?
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:27:54 PM

I myself am rather new to the Granite community, having only been mining Granite on and off for a month or so. I do not know to what degree or how long ago but, judging by the poll question, "if you were able to mine granite using any number of algorithms - not just x11 - which ones would they be?", I would say they have been considering.

Perhaps the x11 asic's that are coming to the market might give this more urgency than before. Maybe a longer standing community member or surly a dev has more and/or better insight to this than I. I am sure they will chime in and shed some better light on the question.

fastlan

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 06:44:50 PM

I myself am rather new to the Granite community, having only been mining Granite on and off for a month or so. I do not know to what degree or how long ago but, judging by the poll question, "if you were able to mine granite using any number of algorithms - not just x11 - which ones would they be?", I would say they have been considering.

Perhaps the x11 asic's that are coming to the market might give this more urgency than before. Maybe a longer standing community member or surly a dev has more and/or better insight to this than I. I am sure they will chime in and shed some better light on the question.
yeah i wouldnt mind seeing it go to lera2v2
thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I AM

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 11:03:17 PM

Just put in a request to have this coin added to 1ex.trade, hopefully they can squeeze it in with V2 next month.

You too can send a request  Cool

https://1ex.freshdesk.com/support/discussions

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:07:26 AM

Use Animecoin algo.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:24:24 PM

yes fastlan ...

the consideration has been out there for a while now - long before the public announcement of the asic x11 miners ...

initially - i leaned towards quark ... and the poll on this thread backed that ...

BUT - as quark is another algo that will be on the list for asics ( which is fine - but not quite yet ) - discussions have been put forward about what algo would be a good algo to mine for granite as was lyra2v2 ...

also taking into account that this 'other coin' that we are adopting is also a PoW x11 coin ... which we may change algo also ...

discussions on the official irc channel #granite - are always taking place ... but the discussions that have been had about the algo - and wolf sharing his experience and advice also on the matter - as well as his thoughts - it seems the best thing is to consider using and algo that can be pursued by fpga and asic in the future - but not right this minute ...

this is why i suggested a 'new' algo - or at least a change of an existing one ...

any ideas and advice and thoughts would be great ... as there is nothing set in concrete ...

for the time being - if you do have an asic or fpga that mines sha256 or scrypt ( or anything that mines x11 ) - head on over to steakcloud ( http://pool.steakcloud.com/ ) and mine granite on there using those algos ...

just use a 7 infront of your grn address as the username and use any password ( the 7 is required to denote grn and NOT confuse the pool with any other coin ) - and point the miner to the relevant address / port located here - http://pool.steakcloud.com/getting_started ...

easy ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:32:15 PM

so it has mate ...

and tanx for supporting the granite community by mining and joining ...

there really isnt a great deal of urgency - though it has accelerated the think tanks somewhat ...

there is much to be said about help coming from all corners of the crypto world - so much tanx for your input ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:35:36 PM

Just put in a request to have this coin added to 1ex.trade, hopefully they can squeeze it in with V2 next month.

You too can send a request  Cool

https://1ex.freshdesk.com/support/discussions

hi thoth ...

bleutrade and safecex have been great so far ...

expansion into the exchange realm would be a good thing ...

tanx much mate ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 02:42:06 PM

Use Animecoin algo.

great suggestion ...

i looked at this algo a while back - as its a twist on quark ( and as most know that quark is one of my fav algos alongside x11 ... if you didnt know - you do now Tongue ) ...

the only positive i would see to go to a non standard algo ( apart from being 'different' ) - is that people could mine it without issue ...

so a miner would have to be available for both nvidia and amd ...

with thefarm running ccminer-spmod and ccminer-tpruvot and farmamd running sgminer-wolf ( mainly ) - we would have to make sure that it would be an algo that could be adopted and implemented easily with those miners ...

apart from that - its a good call ...

tanx ...

#crysx

thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I AM

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:47:36 PM

Is the other coin being added to the 'ecosystem' An already existing one? 

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: