Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:47:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think BiPolarBob is crazy ?? - share with us the help he gave to you  (Read 38254 times)
ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:47:40 PM

^ it is an interesting idea, is there a site suggestion spot for you to request such a rule? If someone is selling products at discount, they must instead offer a cash sending service. please keep us updated on this because it is an original type of rule. Smiley

Oh no you're misunderstanding.

You say you are buying these gift cards for cash.

Why do that when you could mail the money directly instead? Is it because you're buying them grey-market or because you're not actually buying them for cash?

If your not buying them direct from the merchant they could be carded by whoever you're buying them off.

If your not buying them with cash they could be carded by you.

There have been way to many people around here selling carded gift cards, so sorry for being so suspicious. I just don't want to see thousands of frozen steam accounts etc in a few months time. Trolls often give away carded codes for free online.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BiPolarBob

Activity: 378
Merit: 302

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:55:38 PM

no I fully understand. they would have to remove the digital goods section b/c cash isn't a digital good. but a cash sending service can't involve carding, so everyone stays safe. it is smart Smiley I just ask you keep us updated on this
ForgottenPassword

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:57:49 PM

no I fully understand. they would have to remove the digital goods section b/c cash isn't a digital good. but a cash sending service can't involve carding, so everyone stays safe. it is smart Smiley I just ask you keep us updated on this

So just so everyone reading understands:

You buy these gift cards at full price for cash and give them away for less, but you won't give people the cash directly instead?

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Jaaawsh

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Check out Fastslots.co !!!!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:58:46 PM

I just googled it. that isn't me, I guess my nickname isn't so original  Roll Eyes

I'm here as a fun thing and to make people happy. not to bring people down with my problems. We all have problems. I am just putting a funny spin on mine. Smiley

I'm glad you can do that. I personally can't put a funny spin on my mental problems :p but I really admire people who can!

@ForgottenPassword Bob doesn't just do stuff with Steam, he sells all sorts of stuff, and gives away bitcoin a lot of times. He's the one thing on this forum that 100% is NOT a scam

He's just one reallllllllllyyyyyy kind hearted soul.

ForgottenPassword

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:00:41 PM

@ForgottenPassword Bob doesn't just do stuff with Steam, he sells all sorts of stuff, and gives away bitcoin a lot of times. He's the one thing on this forum that 100% is NOT a scam

I know he doesn't just give steam codes, thats what makes me REALLY suspicious. He claims he's buying all the gift cards for cash and giving them away cheaper. Sure he gives away Bitcoin too. He's probably not scamming at all, but the gift cards are probably stolen (purchased with stolen credit card) and he's just giving them away for cheap/free. Go to the freebie section of any carding forum and you'll find tons of rich carders doing the exact same for the lulz, it usually doesn't end up good for the buyers in the end.

BiPolarBob

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:34:27 PM

^ those are stolen, my stuff isn't. so this doesn't apply
ForgottenPassword

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:36:07 PM

^ those are stolen, my stuff isn't. so this doesn't apply

You're right, they are stolen. The problem is we don't know if yours are stolen or not, we have to take your word for it.

Jaaawsh

Activity: 462

Check out Fastslots.co !!!!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:38:56 PM

I know he doesn't just give steam codes, thats what makes me REALLY suspicious. He claims he's buying all the gift cards for cash and giving them away cheaper. Sure he gives away Bitcoin too. He's probably not scamming at all, but the gift cards are probably stolen (purchased with stolen credit card) and he's just giving them away for cheap/free. Go to the freebie section of any carding forum and you'll find tons of rich carders doing the exact same for the lulz, it usually doesn't end up good for the buyers in the end.

I really don't get that vibe off of Bob, I've known him since he was a newbie. I wholeheartedly believe that Bob is just someone who's "paying it forward".

If you don't want to take him up on this offer that's fine, thank you for educating others about the "risk", if you've dealt with Bob before though you wouldn't of posted this in the first place.

0xAli

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:44:57 PM

I really don't get that vibe off of Bob, I've known him since he was a newbie. I wholeheartedly believe that Bob is just someone who's "paying it forward".

If you don't want to take him up on this offer that's fine, thank you for educating others about the "risk", if you've dealt with Bob before though you wouldn't of posted this in the first place.
Bob should support Sean's Outpost and projects like it, not giving free games/music etc..

OFC it's his money and he can do whatever the hell he wants with it, but just my two cents.

Only god can judge me.
ForgottenPassword

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:48:22 PM

Thats all I wanted to do. If everyone knows the risks thats fine, trade away if you want to, but people seem to think there is no risk other than him not delivering the codes. Thats not the case at all.

By the way, here is a post I wrote about a member here called pirateat40 that a lot of you wouldn't know about:

While that may be the case, lets dive into some Bitcoin history.

There was a user here named PirateAt40. He was the highest rated user by far on http://bitcoin-otc.com (the forum didn't have a trust system back then so this was what most people used for feedback).

He offered an investment scheme where he paid 7% interest a week.

He paid every week on time in full for well over a year. While some people were suspicious of the scheme, their voices were drowned out by the people proclaiming his trustworthiness, pointing to the fact that he always paid on time, was a very good currency trader and his identity was well known.

He even met a few users face-to-face (he paid to have them flown out to meet him in Las Vegas). He also had acquired so many Bitcoins that he was somewhat able to manipulate the Bitcoin price, convincing even more people that he was legitimate as they thought he was a very good trader who was making tons manipulating the Bitcoin price.

He became so successful lots of other trustworthy users began reselling his scheme which lead to all kinds of problems when the scheme met its demise.

He kept this up for over a year, paying on time in full every single pay-day. He did not have any scam accusations or anything - he was completely legit, before he suddenly ran off with all of the Bitcoins he was borrowing via the scheme - which at the time were worth in excess of millions and are probably now worth hundreds of millions.

Moral of the story:

Past performance does not equal future performance.

Here is his profile:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35827

And more info, incase you think I'm making it up:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Pirateat40

0xAli

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:53:10 PM

Geez ForgottenPassword that's a horror story.

And on /topic: Bob didn't borrow. So what everybody is saying is pure speculation no-one knows his true angle.

Only god can judge me.
ForgottenPassword

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:55:27 PM

Geez ForgottenPassword that's a horror story, how come he was never tracked down?

And on /topic: Bob didn't borrow. So what everybody is saying is pure speculation no-one knows his true angle.

He was tracked down and is in jail now. He's battling it out in court with the SEC. It doesn't look like anyone will be reimbursed, almost all of the funds are gone.

That story was to point out the fact that someone can appear legit and have REALLY good (the best in the bitcoin community) trust/feedback and still be a scammer. The ONLY way to be safe is to question everything and not take unnecessary risk. Feedback/trust ratings and judging someones trustworthiness won't work against a professional conman like PirateAt40.

Anyway I've made my point now. So long as you guys understand your taking risks, feel free to trade with BiPolarBob.

0xAli

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:57:57 PM

Geez ForgottenPassword that's a horror story, how come he was never tracked down?

He was tracked down and is in jail now. He's battling it out in court with the SEC. It doesn't look like anyone will be reimbursed, almost all of the funds are gone.

That story was to point out the fact that someone can appear legit and have REALLY good (the best in the bitcoin community) trust/feedback and still be a scammer.

Lesson is well learned, and that doesn't apply only to the bitcoin community.

Only god can judge me.
BiPolarBob

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:15:29 PM

Thankfully I am not like that!  Cheesy
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:13:58 AM

I could sell you crazy at a discount, before the cash sending rule becomes official  Grin

I'll take 100 BTC for $100.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:19:55 AM

I could sell you crazy at a discount, before the cash sending rule becomes official  Grin

why wont bob sell btc for btc? Like 0.1 for the price of 0.02

now that would be cool.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:22:14 AM

why wont bob sell btc for btc? Like 0.1 for the price of 0.02

now that would be cool.

I like my offer better! Tongue

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
AcoinL.L.C
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 12:53:29 AM

That story was to point out the fact that someone can appear legit and have REALLY good (the best in the bitcoin community) trust/feedback and still be a scammer. The ONLY way to be safe is to question everything and not take unnecessary risk. Feedback/trust ratings and judging someones trustworthiness won't work against a professional conman like PirateAt40.

Anyway I've made my point now. So long as you guys understand your taking risks, feel free to trade with BiPolarBob.

Maybe you should learn to read, this guy has paid back other people's loans. He has never asked people to pay him BTC, or promised them returns. He comes on once in a while and offers freebies. He gave out like ~20-30 LTC for free in one of his threads. If he asks for a loan etc it would be an obvious decline as he gives people stuff for free / next to free. Again, I think hes just having fun, I followed his wallet from the loan repayment and its well over 400BTC

williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 12:56:28 AM

Maybe you should learn to read, this guy has paid back other people's loans. He has never asked people to pay him BTC, or promised them returns. He comes on once in a while and offers freebies. He gave out like ~20-30 LTC for free in one of his threads. If he asks for a loan etc it would be an obvious decline as he gives people stuff for free / next to free. Again, I think hes just having fun, I followed his wallet from the loan repayment and its well over 400BTC

Acoin this is very interesting. 400 BTC, I wonder how we got that much. Tell me in skype whats his original address.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:05:32 PM

Came across this topic while browsing randomly.

Does sound as if Bi-Polar Bob is a very kind-hearted person, not to mention very rich!  Grin

I had heard of those unbelieveable giveaways earlier on some other forum but just didn't know he was the protagonist!

It really doesn't matter if he is crazy, as long as he is generous and humane. OFC there are a lot of scammers on this forum, i just hope he has the foresight to identify them and send them on their merry way instead of letting his money end up in scammer pockets! Keep up the good work Bob. Hope that many more people are touched by your generosity.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: