Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:52:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The happy BTC circular donation thread  (Read 14610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:55:01 PM

Hi! Now some have decided to keep some bitcoins, so othe can you provide the address where I can send this 10,000mBTC to? (The payment is outsourced to make it faster and more reliable).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:08:48 PM

If you could see that the portion I have "rights" to go or allow me to send next week to

20% Seans Outpost
20% BitGive
60%charities to be decided when I am doing digging a ditch (all btc accepting charities)

Accepting thoughts on charities

I feel I have to say this...

Please consider also the intention outlined in the OP: to keep the money that you need, and find a person (/people) to give the rest to, to put him in the similar position, for a happy BTC circular donation.

Trying to find charities, so that the movement of the money would stop right there, is against the idea, and robs many rounds of people the joy of receiving, and the chance of deciding to whom the money should go next.

So please everybody, read the OP again, so that you get the idea Smiley

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 09:10:01 PM

I would like to lobby for BiPolarBob
I got scammed for 0.43BTC
He saw me for the first time and decided to donate me the whole amount
Read the thread here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=705550.20
he's an awesome guy Smiley

don't leave negative feedback to iluvbitcoins since I got to keep it as collateral for the first loan, I'm trying to sell it currently
I am also going to lobby for this guy. He randomly paid of arklan's loan (which was 0.66BTC) and that is an amazingly kind act on a forum that is normally flooded with scammers. Read about it here.

Really liking this initiative and I like to support it. If I can do anything to help out, just say so.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 09:23:42 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 09:54:35 PM by TheButterZone

tl;dr

The following are utilities I use and think deserve tips (because they don't have any mandatory usage fee that goes to the developers):
http://www.bitcoinmonitor.net/
https://github.com/fordhurley/btc-priceimg
https://github.com/gbraad/html5-google-authenticator
https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org
https://github.com/nanotube/supybot-bitcoin-marketmonitor
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum

This post bookmarked for future additions & reference when I can actually afford to donate BTC.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
ShibaWow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 02:05:47 AM

Read the thread here

don't leave negative feedback to iluvbitcoins since I got to keep it as collateral for the first loan, I'm trying to sell it currently
I am also going to lobby for this guy. He randomly paid of arklan's loan (which was 0.66BTC) and that is an amazingly kind act on a forum that is normally flooded with scammers. Read about it here.

Really liking this initiative and I like to support it. If I can do anything to help out, just say so.

wow

I didn't know about that

he seems like Jesus Cheesy

AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:24:24 AM

so if I understand correctly, we write why we think we should get the money and you decide who you're giving it to?

No, that is sort of the opposite of what is happening.
Its all been given already.  

As far as I know it hasn't all been given. I didn't receive any BTC yet. I did PM rpietila my BTC address as well I posted here in this thread.

I was very rushed when I made my prior comments, so apologize if I didn't hit all the points in my posts. I very much appreciate Risto recognizing my efforts to try to improve crypto-currency. I've tried to balance sharing my ability to analyze feature sets and technical possibilities publicly in order to foster better technical clarity in the community so as to aid progress by all, with retaining some insights privately for the time being. All insights to be revealed if they prove to work in real code, as it is incredibly inefficient to design new technology in public or by consensus (rather you make a proof-of-concept then you reveal it to the world when you are sure it works). Note I am not launching an altcoin is the sense that I won't be attaching my name or reputation to any altcoin.

I appreciate very much Risto's desire to spread the spirit of working together to better both crypto-currency and the world. I applaud the concept of spreading capital around in small morsels, because no one person is omniscient. Maybe that little flea on your shoulder has the idea for the cure to the ebola virus.

Helping people who are temporarily burdened by life issues, is not very costly, yet it potentially pays back 1000-fold especially if spread around. This is one reason I don't give too much charity to just one person, rather I spread it around, because how can I decide who will do the most with it? Life is way too complex for such omniscience, as God so designed it when he said "Go Forth and Multiply". I explained the science or mathematical justification of that statement.

Again thank you to Risto and I hope this spirit of goodwill also transfers to all parties involved in our space. I hope I can follow too. In any case, it is not critical that it must transfer/produce/succeed (as that would be a claim of top-down omniscience), rather only that Risto understands and exemplifies the mathematical reason that spreading goodwill is critical. For that, I applaud him greatly.

Kudos brothers. We are both learning as we move through this journey.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:00:53 AM

As far as I know it hasn't all been given. I didn't receive any BTC yet. I did PM rpietila my BTC address as well I posted here in this thread.

I know, I know. The initiative is like what - 36 hours old now. And none of these have been so called "office hours". And it is the holiday season. In everywhere else in Europe, you get 14-30 DAYS (not hours) payment terms, and then it is customary to pay late.

So please do not be anxious if my gift does not come the second you want it, although it is my intention to transfer as soon as possible. To make everything accountable, othe is doing the actual work of sending the money, and he has not even gotten it from me yet.

Btw. If anyone else holds a grudge towards me for my debt that I haven't paid (I don't ever take debt, so I don't have a routine of paying them back either), please list it here.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:35:15 AM

Would you rather have this:

I am honored.  Thank you.  All of my marginal resources are currently directed to a project outside of crypto, and if it is not out of keeping with the intent, I would direct this gift to that purpose.  Someone of my acquaintance is working at a xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx in a region of Africa ..........

or this:

Since this thread is about giving, I will suggest that others donate to one of those organizations and let Armory double the value of your money (as it leaves your wallet)!  The page linked above includes 5 organizations:
  • Free Software Foundation (FSF)
  • Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
  • College Cryptocurrency Network
  • Chamber of Digital Commerce
  • Bitcoin Foundation

OR first have 5 or more people experience THIS:

I'm still astounded by your auspicious gesture Risto, you really caught me at a pivotal and challenging point in my life and I feel stronger than ever now. I'm intending to take the next day or two figuring out how to make the most positive impact.

Sirs, wishing all the best peace and love your way,
God bless

AFTER WHICH, you can still have the first and the second!

--//**//--

Money does not extinguish itself. (Money extinguishes debt without generating new debt; thus fiat is not money, but this is just a tangential issue here, because in gift economy there is no debt.) Therefore, to generate happiness by means of money, it does not matter how much money you have, because it is not consumed in the process IF you can make such a process where it is not consumed.

Research shows that money increases happiness in multiple occasions (results are statistical, and as such do not apply in every single case):

EARNING money increases happiness.
SPENDING money increases happiness.
GIVING money increases happiness.
RECEIVING money (impersonally, without connection to your effort or the giver) DOES NOT increase happiness.

It should be very easy to increase happiness, just by sending some money circulating so that people would receive with connection, gaining some happiness, and then give, and spend, and gain more happiness. It would just go on and on.

Mathematically, if in each round, X% of the money is withdrawn from the circulating pool, the total amount gifted until the pool runs dry, is (original amount)/X.

Therefore, when we approach the point that people withdraw only small amounts, like 20%, 10% or 5%, or nothing at all, some magic happens: the original 10btc donated is multiplied to 50 or 100 btc, making much more people happy and empowered than could otherwise be the case. All the money in the pool is spent (happiness * 10btc), but in addition it is given 5-10 times (happiness * 50-100 btc). Furthermore, because a myriad of people have been able to decide (one at a time) concerning the spending, the money will likely be spent in ways with very high marginal utility. Totally unlike if I tried to spend my money in good people or good projects, because I have no way to evaluate them. Or the government, which is much more miserable than I.

But, organized charities suck the money from the people in a similar way as governments. The aims are much better, but the means not much different. It is not an organic way of doing things. You get the joy of giving, that is correct. But there the cycle ends. The recipients of the aid are not any happier (don't blame me saying so, it is research). They don't get to earn, spend, or give. It is spoonfed to them.

Also, as I wrote in the introduction of this post, if you have a pet project that needs funding, please consider that everyone has pet projects: if your judgement is that your project is so important that it deserves all the money, you are wrong. The marginal utility of money is such that someone further down the line, definitely has a pet project that could utilize a part of the money more efficiently than you. If you are such a big honcho that you don't take the time to find people to give a part of the money, why do you even have unfunded needs  Roll Eyes

In general, people who say that their project is so important that its marginal utility and internal rate of return is higher than anyone else's, are wrong. If they even understood what they are talking about, they would have become rich beyond imagination by investing in their own project long ago.

And after it emerges to the people who have been blessed beyond their needs in their business or investments that, instead of withdrawing from the pool, they can donate some more to it, then we have a perpetuum mobile: The pool never runs dry, there is complete accountability with who gives and takes money and for what purpose, and nothing is ever decided by a community vote or any political and corruptible method.

- If you are a wealthy and magnanimous guy, this method gives you praise and adoration (unlike the current tax system which extracts the money out of you at gunpoint, and treats you as a criminal).

- The people in the middle, the ones connected in the society, are empowered much beyond any previous system. Large sums move through your hands and you get to allocate them to your needs if you suddenly have any, projects that need to be forwarded, and less fortunate people whom you personally know are good and honest. Since the middle class historically pays the most taxes, it is possible that these people will also want to be net contributors. 

- The poor guys learn the magic of money: the more you let go, the more it comes to you. If you are an all-sucking mouth that keeps all the money that others put in, you realize that soon they will not want to feed you so much. If instead, you keep the necessary minimum to yourself, and give the rest to those even worse off, soon you will not only receive more money, but also need less of it, and actually both you and your friends will soon not be poor at all.

I have been shrewd but not stingy. I have walked instead of bought a discounted bus ticket to save $1-2. But also several times donated 5-10% of my entire net worth to charities, including last year. I have been there, all the way.

This text is long, and there is no TL;DR because the concepts presented are so new, and even understanding what I am after, will require reading it again and again (for most).

--//**//--

This one is just the first one. And we learn what works and what doesn't. I will amend some terms in the OP now. Since no money has yet been sent, it is still possible to change your previous decision, unless the recipient person has already taken the money. Changes:
- Donations to people outside bitcoinworld are counted as your personal spending. The reason is that they are dead ends, and we cannot enforce them to report here how happy they are, and also they cannot give the money on, even if they don't need it.
- Donations to charities or any nonpersonal entities are personal spending.
- All personal spending (incl giving to Mum, or Monero development, or going to beer with friends and telling them how great Bitcoin is) should be documented with reasonable precision, such as David is showing upthread.
- If you have received 200mBTC or more, you must give to at least 2 different BCT members, other than yourself, at least 50mBTC each
- If you have received 100mBTC or more, you must give to at least 1 BCT member, other than yourself, at least 50mBTC
- Every gift has to be at least 50mBTC

It is OK to reject the gift, but if you spend it carelessly, then I will not give you more later, and hopefully the others don't, either.

uvwvj

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:18:19 PM

Since I was busy and did not read full premise I have deleted my above post, sorry Risto for not following rules.  And with some free time and reading this is a great concept.

I give 0.25 to joesmoe and 0.25 to Gweedo because of the work they do at CC and the fact that if they donate to others they know more people supporting and building more to BTC than I do, and thus would hit more worthy individuals.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:34:16 PM

Since I was busy and did not read full premise I have deleted my above post, sorry Risto for not following rules.  And with some free time and reading this is a great concept.

I give 0.25 to joesmoe and 0.25 to Gweedo because of the work they do at CC and the fact that if they donate to others they know more people supporting and building more to BTC than I do, and thus would hit more worthy individuals.

I don't want to be harsh, but since this is a new concept and people (me topmost) have the tendency to write before reading, it must be expressed very clearly so that it is almost ridiculous. (Well, the concept is ridiculous for outsiders...Cheesy)

Do you know if they have the same nick here? Remember to link them to this thread! Smiley

uvwvj

Activity: 145

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 01:50:55 PM

Gweedo does and I have sent both a message to this thread.

Thank you sir.
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:16:22 PM

Since we are at giving, here is a president who gives 90% of his salary, because he does not need it.

ShibaWow

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 06:47:04 PM

If you didn't get awarded, you could lobby

Read the thread here

seems like a legit report. but i think he need some proof of chat .
curious to know whos this talented scammer

you have the skype transcript in the thread

the scammer was iluvbitcoins but his account is now in my hands since I kept it as collateral after the first loan
however I was stupid enough to give him the 0.4BTC loan without collateral trusting he'll pay it back

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:12:09 PM

- Please no begging in this thread. Everyone who receives the money is trying hard to find deserving recipients from the people he knows and interacts with. If you are a beggar and have not contributed anything to the forum, and nobody, who has even the chance to receive some of this money at some point, is your friend, then I would exhort to start learning (and making friends). It is free, and makes your life much better in the short and long run.

I would like to reiterate this point. Even though many in this thread give money to others, they only give to people that they know beforehand. Instead of begging to receive money from strangers, you should learn, contribute, and make friends.

umairsaleem010

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:15:15 PM

- Please no begging in this thread. Everyone who receives the money is trying hard to find deserving recipients from the people he knows and interacts with. If you are a beggar and have not contributed anything to the forum, and nobody, who has even the chance to receive some of this money at some point, is your friend, then I would exhort to start learning (and making friends). It is free, and makes your life much better in the short and long run.

I would like to reiterate this point. Even though many in this thread give money to others, they only give to people that they know beforehand. Instead of begging to receive money from strangers, you should learn, contribute, and make friends.

i dont understand the OP and i dont begging .. just need of money if you help would be appreciated.

rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:24:26 PM

i dont understand the OP and i dont begging .. just need of money if you help would be appreciated.

I have already given 10 BTC to my friends. I don't have any more to give. Try to ask somebody to explain the OP to you.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 11:25:58 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 07:41:46 AM by vokain

Risto's gift has been making it very difficult for me to put into words the thoughts I want to convey. At the same time I feel wonderment, I feel blessed and empowered, but above all, I feel happy, and I've felt this way ever since one of my best friends texted me last Friday to share the news about this and from all the positivity that has been radiated since.

I just want to share a few thoughts, thoughts that have stuck with me from Life:

Pastor Jose, a great man who helped rebuild the 9th Ward in New Orleans, remarked to us during a magical lunch when he invited my friends and I into his home one day we were passing through the city:
The purpose of life is to leave it better for the next time we come around.

And I shall with all of you here. Do you realize how special we are to be alive, to be here where we are now, to know what we know? We're lucky! But we're not just lucky, resultantly, we're imbued with meaning and purpose as well; we dance, we laugh, we cry, we suffer, we learn, we die, but, we live, and we're in this together and we owe to ourselves to help and love each other. So be nice, have fun, follow your dreams, for our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

To Risto, thank you sir, you are a true gentleman of the ages. And thank you friends, everyone, for being a part of this journey homeward. This is a hell of a good universe—I'm honored to evolve through it with you all Smiley

“We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit.”

Love always, love eternal,
Đông Anh
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:52:48 AM

Read the OP please. Thank you. All of these will be deleted, despite this being a happy thread, just because you are disrespectful in not following the rules that spesifically forbid begging.

Ok sorry ! Have a nice day .
rpietila (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:22:33 AM

well i want to help GAZA peoples if you can help me it would be appreciated by GAZA peoples and me .

How about you learn some respect and read the OP? There is a time and place for everything, including helping those peoples, but it is not now, and not in this thread. Stop already.

othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:54:55 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 12:45:01 PM by othe

The first 2 Transactions have been processed:

Anonymint 2k mBTC: a8ac757d674f5b7666db32603a8dcea98daf2fff3386563c64a7b414a52c1a94
Fluffypony 1k mBTC: 55ddb4f310365bec1322de01b112bd4043adddd3a875c8f6368dd22985c896b2

If someone has made up his mind and came to a decision to keep Bitcoin, please leave your Bitcoinaddress here in the thread.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: