Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:48:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463978 times)
nickelback65

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:51:54 PM

We would like the community to come up with some cool name suggestions for a system where you can scan a Bitcoin QR code and pay with Sterlingcoin Cheesy

We are also considering names and any good ones will be shortlisted.

I think we need a simple name that is not abstract as we want people to understand things easily!

Therefore, I can only think of one option and that is Sterling Payments Services(SPS).  The application would be called Sterling Payments which would in turn call SPS.

In fact this problem has already been solved ;-)

http://www.fasterpayments.org.uk/about-us/how-faster-payments-works

Just got to build it and we are sorted!

That's actually not a bad idea. SPS is catchy.

Other SPS Acronyms:

- http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SPS

I like that site, take a look at http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/ARSE

I wrote a mail shot system once and it was called File Update Notification.

How about another option where we throw in the old term Gateway :-

1.Sterling Payment Gateway Services (SPGS)
2.Sterling Payment Services (SPS)

The only issue with dropping coin from Sterlingcoin and simply using Sterling is the association with the £ and Silver.

Sterlingcoin Payment Gateway Services or Sterlingcoin Payment Services could be an option however.

I really like Sterlingcoin Payment Services. (SPS)  This promotes Sterlingcoin and keeps it simple.   Smiley
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nfigueir

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:48:20 PM

We would like the community to come up with some cool name suggestions for a system where you can scan a Bitcoin QR code and pay with Sterlingcoin Cheesy

I think we need a simple name that is not abstract as we want people to understand things easily!

Therefore, I can only think of one option and that is Sterling Payments Services(SPS).  The application would be called Sterling Payments which would in turn call SPS.

Other SPS Acronyms:

The only issue with dropping coin from Sterlingcoin and simply using Sterling is the association with the £ and Silver.

Sterlingcoin Payment Gateway Services or Sterlingcoin Payment Services could be an option however.

I really like Sterlingcoin Payment Services. (SPS)  This promotes Sterlingcoin and keeps it simple.   Smiley

My 0.02c..

The name for a service like this is better (in my opinion) when it can be read to form some sort of work and not just letters in an acronym. SPS is read as "Spesss" which is not very exciting.

I would go for something like for example: SterlingPay, Ster2Pay, PaySter, Sterling2Buy (S2B) or Sparrow as someone as suggested...

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
24core

Activity: 582

An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 07:12:53 PM

Other SPS Acronyms:

My 0.02c..

The name for a service like this is better (in my opinion) when it can be read to form some sort of work and not just letters in an acronym. SPS is read as "Spesss" which is not very exciting.

I would go for something like for example: SterlingPay, Ster2Pay, PaySter, Sterling2Buy (S2B) or Sparrow as someone as suggested...

My 1p worth..... ;-)

I am curious how SPS is read as Spess as there is not 'E'? If it was SPES then I could understand.

I like the idea if retaining the coin aspect and maybe emphasise the coin more  :-

SterlingCoin Payment Services (SCPS)

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 11:40:27 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 03:42:24 AM by Sterlingcoin

We want it to happen, but each time it does, we seem to have a "no show" happen from the community. Let's get it organised and set in stone. We will create a sign up page for attendance and handle this properly this time.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:52:48 AM

I've just seen this in NewYorkCoin

Poll
Question:    How many businesses have YOU contacted about accepting NewYorkCoin?
0  I'm a message board surfer and just like posting rediculous messages here but I'm not able to help NewYorkCoin
1  I tried once and they said NO. And now I'm too scared to call anyone else
2  I really tried hard. I'm exhausted
3+  I will continue to support NewYorkCoin and will CONTINUE TO MAKE SURE NYC GETS WIDESPREAD MERCHANT ACCEPTANCE (both real-world and online)

I thinks we should create a "Sterling pitch guide" for SterlingCoin so the people can use it for calling business to accept it.

Most of the people has not sales skills, and the guide would help Smiley

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 02:17:44 PM

Poll
Question:    How many businesses have YOU contacted about accepting NewYorkCoin?
0  I'm a message board surfer and just like posting rediculous messages here but I'm not able to help NewYorkCoin
1  I tried once and they said NO. And now I'm too scared to call anyone else
2  I really tried hard. I'm exhausted
3+  I will continue to support NewYorkCoin and will CONTINUE TO MAKE SURE NYC GETS WIDESPREAD MERCHANT ACCEPTANCE (both real-world and online)

I thinks we should create a "Sterling pitch guide" for SterlingCoin so the people can use it for calling business to accept it.

This was made a while ago. Things are easily forgotten Cheesy

A sales pack needs to still be made.

This document has been added to the end of the OP.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
will7am
Legendary

Activity: 973

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:47:56 PM

Poll
0  I'm a message board surfer and just like posting rediculous messages here but I'm not able to help NewYorkCoin
1  I tried once and they said NO. And now I'm too scared to call anyone else
2  I really tried hard. I'm exhausted
3+  I will continue to support NewYorkCoin and will CONTINUE TO MAKE SURE NYC GETS WIDESPREAD MERCHANT ACCEPTANCE (both real-world and online)

This was made a while ago. Things are easily forgotten Cheesy

A sales pack needs to still be made.

This document has been added to the end of the OP.

Good job on that, looks great. Smiley

m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 01:11:48 AM

hi im new to slg . in my wallet i have 12 coins , which i try to send to exchange . after all steps are complete , it say rejected , that coins have been spent . checkwallet say coins mismatch is 119. did repair wallet return my out going . try to send smaller amount of 1 coin , say reject also , checkwallet say mismatch 118. does this mean that i have to fund my wallet pass 119 to use it. i never had more than 15 coins purchase from bitt.what do i do , are my 12.5 coins lost and unuseable

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 03:16:47 AM

hi im new to slg . in my wallet i have 12 coins , which i try to send to exchange . after all steps are complete , it say rejected , that coins have been spent . checkwallet say coins mismatch is 119. did repair wallet return my out going . try to send smaller amount of 1 coin , say reject also , checkwallet say mismatch 118. does this mean that i have to fund my wallet pass 119 to use it. i never had more than 15 coins purchase from bitt.what do i do , are my 12.5 coins lost and unuseable

I have never seen this specific error but, I would recommend trying to re-download the block chain:
  • Close your Sterlingcoin wallet.
  • Remove everything in "c:\users\[INSERT YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\sterlingcoin\" BESIDES your wallet.dat file. I repeat, do NOT delete your wallet.dat file. If you have customized your sterlingcoin.conf file any, you may wish to leave that file also but, that is less important.
  • Open your Sterlingcoin wallet and let it synchronize. It may take a long time for it to download the entire block chain again. Patience Wink

This will make your wallet download a new copy of the block chain. This solves most problems I have seen. As long as you retain your wallet.dat file your coins will not be lost and unusable. I hope this helps!  Smiley

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:04:01 AM

I have never seen this specific error but, I would recommend trying to re-download the block chain:
  • Close your Sterlingcoin wallet.
  • Remove everything in "c:\users\[INSERT YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\sterlingcoin\" BESIDES your wallet.dat file. I repeat, do NOT delete your wallet.dat file. If you have customized your sterlingcoin.conf file any, you may wish to leave that file also but, that is less important.
  • Open your Sterlingcoin wallet and let it synchronize. It may take a long time for it to download the entire block chain again. Patience Wink

This will make your wallet download a new copy of the block chain. This solves most problems I have seen. As long as you retain your wallet.dat file your coins will not be lost and unusable. I hope this helps!  Smiley

Also check if you have the latest version

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:08:32 AM

Am I right in thinking there's a guide on how to delete your appdata (except wallet.dat) on the official website?  If not I think one needs to be added since it solves 90% of problems people have. Cheesy

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 12:09:42 PM

Other SPS Acronyms:

I really like Sterlingcoin Payment Services. (SPS)  This promotes Sterlingcoin and keeps it simple.   Smiley

My 0.02c..

My 1p worth..... ;-)

I am curious how SPS is read as Spess as there is not 'E'? If it was SPES then I could understand.

I like the idea if retaining the coin aspect and maybe emphasise the coin more  :-

SterlingCoin Payment Services (SCPS)

I like the Sterlig Payment Services (SPS) because it stays in memory very well ! Also like SterlingPay wich is also a good one !
will7am
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 12:34:43 PM

Sterling Payment Services (SPS) sounds good, or SterlingPay. Cheesy

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:47:18 PM

I knew that SterlingcoinPay looks like something ! It's because it's like Aricoin's one, AricoinPay.
shanecoins

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 09:56:43 PM

I knew that SterlingcoinPay looks like something ! It's because it's like Aricoin's one, AricoinPay.
sterlingcoin looks like bitcoin so whats your point ? Smiley
KEwwin

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 05:40:09 AM

I have some problems with the wallet. i downloaded the wallet and it says out of sync and 0 active connections, even though i am connected to the internet. how can i fix this?
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:32:24 AM

I have some problems with the wallet. i downloaded the wallet and it says out of sync and 0 active connections, even though i am connected to the internet. how can i fix this?

Be patient while your wallet finds connections usually is the fix. I helped someone with their wallet just yesterday and it took almost an hour to find the first connection. Poor internet bandwidth was likely the culpret as they had many wallets and active programs hogging available bandwidth.

You can try to speed this up also: From the debug console, issue "addnode seed1.sterlingcoin.org.uk add"
You can do this for seed2.sterlingcoin.org.uk also.

The OP has additional public seeds community members have provided also. You may want to review that info.

I hope this helps! Smiley

CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:42:51 AM

Sterling Payment Services (SPS) sounds good, or SterlingPay. Cheesy

I, personally, am fond of BitSter. Cheesy Less of a mouthful and it suggests the function.

Unlike Sterlingcoin Payment Services, the abbreviation (BS) is less desirable however. Wink

KEwwin

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:00:25 AM

Be patient while your wallet finds connections usually is the fix. I helped someone with their wallet just yesterday and it took almost an hour to find the first connection. Poor internet bandwidth was likely the culpret as they had many wallets and active programs hogging available bandwidth.

You can try to speed this up also: From the debug console, issue "addnode seed1.sterlingcoin.org.uk add"

The OP has additional public seeds community members have provided also. You may want to review that info.

tried to add node but it gave me this error "Method not found (code -32601)"
CryptoCanary
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:49:01 AM

tried to add node but it gave me this error "Method not found (code -32601)"

My bad. Edit your sterlingcoin.conf file and add this new line: "addnode=seed1.sterlingcoin.org.uk"
Save the config file and close and open your wallet so that it reads the new config file.

Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: