Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:54:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463995 times)
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 06:07:54 AM

Cryptopia has reopened their Sterlingcoin wallet which has been verified to be on the correct blockchain with a test transaction.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
igotek

Activity: 2072
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 01:50:25 PM

mining is possible ?

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 02:03:20 PM

mining is possible ?

Not mining, no.   Sterlingcoin is POS only, paying 5.5% interest for those who choose to stake their coins.

An update to the core code is being worked on.  This will upgrade Sterlingcoin to masternodes and POS.3.

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 07:37:55 AM

Post from Cryptopia...

"Market Closing 9 October 2018 - Sterlingcoin (SLG) is in the process of being delisted from Cryptopia, and trade markets are now closed. Please cancel all open orders and withdraw any SLG balances to a compatible wallet at your earliest convenience. SLG will be fully delisted on 9 November 2018."

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

TecScout

Activity: 270
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:46:47 AM

How are you doing now?

Would be a pity if this just disappears
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 03:15:05 PM

The delisting notice does come as a surprise from Cryptopia. Community members in the Telegram group are and have been messaging Cryptopia in hopes of preventing it. I too will message them. The original delisting notice email cites, "stringent ethical, legal and technical standards..." as the reason. I will see if I can gather a more precise cause and what, if anything, can be done about it.

Please be reminded, SLG is also listed at btcpop.co

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
TecScout

Activity: 270
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 06:04:42 AM

The delisting notice does come as a surprise from Cryptopia. Community members in the Telegram group are and have been messaging Cryptopia in hopes of preventing it. I too will message them. The original delisting notice email cites, "stringent ethical, legal and technical standards..." as the reason. I will see if I can gather a more precise cause and what, if anything, can be done about it.

Thank you  Smiley
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:17:32 AM

My wallet, version 1.6.1 just stopped downloading blocks on the 12th.  anything wrong with the network?
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 01:22:23 AM

My wallet, version 1.6.1 just stopped downloading blocks on the 12th.  anything wrong with the network?

Hi Jim, no, nothing is wrong with the network. It looks sound.

I suggest you close your wallet, delete your peers.dat file from within %appdata%/sterlingcoin (take care to not delete your wallet.dat file), and then start your wallet again. Hopefully it gets back on track for you. I suspect it will.

Sorry for the troubles!

chickenfacts

Activity: 355

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:23:52 AM

What's actually happened with Cryptopia?
Why only short period after problems fixed, the exchange decided to delist Sterlingcoin?
The price chart of Sterlingcoin looks good, which gives me good entry point.
However, I don't buy the coin if I don't have chance to jump out when I want to take profits.
Waiting for more good news on exchanges.
Thank you.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:42:29 AM

Thanks man of course no worries at all.  I was actually connected to several peers, having suspected corruption I am just download the chain again.  Thanks again!

Hi Jim, no, nothing is wrong with the network. It looks sound.

I suggest you close your wallet, delete your peers.dat file from within %appdata%/sterlingcoin (take care to not delete your wallet.dat file), and then start your wallet again. Hopefully it gets back on track for you. I suspect it will.

Sorry for the troubles!
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 02:18:13 AM

What's actually happened with Cryptopia?
Why only short period after problems fixed, the exchange decided to delist Sterlingcoin?
The price chart of Sterlingcoin looks good, which gives me good entry point.
However, I don't buy the coin if I don't have chance to jump out when I want to take profits.
Waiting for more good news on exchanges.
Thank you.

Hi chickenfacts,

I have received no response from Cryptopia staff as of yet. When I do, I assure you I will relay that information. We have had to ask them to resync a few times in 2018, though I am not sure that is the source of the delisting itself. I personally have been bolstering the network all year, both with added nodes and with increasing my staking weight as best I can. Again, as I just mentioned to Jim, the network has looked very good recently. Thank you to all who are staking consistently and keeping their nodes online as long as possible.

I have reviewed the documentation at Cryptopia and there are a few requirements we do not meet at this time. I suspect one of those, or the combination of, is the root-cause of the delisting. I have asked Cryptopia staff to precisely identify the reason(s) and asked if they would be willing to allow us to satisfy them. This may be the cause for their delayed response as they determine that. I eagerly await their response. We are in a position to oblige some of the requirements quickly and will do so retain the listing.

I completely understand your concern for profits and an exchange to make them at. All of us do have that concern and Sterlingcoin does, of course, need it. This is without question.  Please allow the time needed for the response from Cryptopia for us to judge our next move. I assure you, there will be a next move.

Thank you for your patience with this matter. Please do make a support ticket expressing your interest for Sterlingcoin to retain the listing. Thank you in advance for that.

Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 02:07:59 AM

It does seem Cryptopia's decision is final and they will not offer the precise reason:

Quote from: Cryptopia support
Hi [me], Thank you for contacting Cryptopia support. There will not be a re-review of coins that have been selected for delisting, I have been informed that the decision is final. Sterlingcoin was selected for delisting because it did not meet our ongoing listing criteria, you can find a link to our listing policy here: https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=5d7482d2db9e9bc032a664a14a96199f And to our delisting policy here: https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=b8aa010ddb452b80d7e096888a961934 My apologies for the vagueness of my answer. Kind regards, Louis

I am personally of the opinion less exchanges during our transition into the new Sterlingcoin will be better. We are listed on BTCPOP, but those books are almost completely non-existent. But feel free to change that. On the note of the new Sterlingcoin and as many you already know from discussions in Discord, Telegram, and private conversations has been slowed because of my ill mother (dementia and subsequent ailments). However; my family has become accustomed to the new normal and the routine has set in. The initial shocks and dismays passed.

I have freed my plate of as many obligations in Q4 as possible to focus on the new Sterlingcoin. In a nutshell, and as I know many of you will agree, tired are the days for Sterlingcoin only "marching on" as we have said many times. It is time we mount a charge. Work on the new Sterlingcoin is now in focus, but still too very immature to guess at ETAs. Many questions will be unanswered until the code takes form. When that time comes and as questions arise, those questions will make it here for discussion.

If members of the community do wish to seek listing of Sterlingcoin now and elsewhere, we all certainly will do our best to see it through. If you are of that opinion, please mention the exchange and we will peruse.

Thank you for the continued support, Sterlingcoiners.

xyburcoin

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:06:02 PM

May your family and you have a better health.

and for sterlingcoin maybe at

crypto-bridge.org

we could be listed.

Cheers!

Life is ours, we live it our way.
STERLING SENTINEL

Activity: 126

"The Best of British!" Sterlingcoin (SLG)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 06:34:44 PM

Hi Steven

Really sorry to hear about your mother's ill-health.  I hope that you and the rest of the family are managing to cope alright.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating; take your time over the fork to the new SLG.  Personally, I would be more than happy for it to make an appearance sometime in the New Year.

Re exchanges, I must agree with you on that.  It's better for SLG to be on as few as possible prior to the fork; it just makes for less hassle.

However, if people really feel the need for SLG to be on an exchange, may I recommend one that I used to use last year, but which subsequently closed down upon change of ownership, namely NovaExchange.  This is still undergoing a re-furb, but is set to re-open its doors very soon, and will be accepting coin listing applications. 

Take care, buddy.

Sterling Sentinel

★ Sterlingcoin ★ REGNUM UNITUM ET ORBIS TERRARUM ★ Sterlingcoin ★
rustflame

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:23:20 AM

Hi its actually great news that its still on development...

so what version should I run the wallet? Ive been running my wallet but it cant syc until block heigth 983749

Hi,
is there any conf.file available, apart from list of nodes from the Sterlingcoin Explorer? Would that be enough to run the wallet?
Thanks
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:28:25 AM

Hi,
is there any conf.file available, apart from list of nodes from the Sterlingcoin Explorer? Would that be enough to run the wallet?
Thanks

You do not necessarily need any .conf file. The wallet will find peers through the DNS seednodes.

You're welcome.

coinmancan

Activity: 138
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:56:59 PM

Cryptopia Transaction (and wallet address) Not Showing Up on The Explorers

Just upgraded my 1.6.0 wallet that has not synced in months.  Downloaded the latest 1.6.1 Windows version.  Deleted everything except the wallet.dat file.  Ran the wallet after unzipping the snapshot files into the appropriate directory.  Wallet fully synced, no issues.

Unlocked and locked the wallet to make sure I have access.

Created a new address, copied that into Cryptopia and did a test transfer.  It's been over an hour and since nothing showed up in teh wallet, and I could see blocks being downloaded, entered both the address and "Confirmed" Cryptopia transaction ID into both explorers on the Sterling website.  None of the information is found.
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 08:19:13 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 08:40:24 PM by CryptoCanary

Just upgraded my 1.6.0 wallet that has not synced in months.  Downloaded the latest 1.6.1 Windows version.  Deleted everything except the wallet.dat file.  Ran the wallet after unzipping the snapshot files into the appropriate directory.  Wallet fully synced, no issues.

Created a new address, copied that into Cryptopia and did a test transfer.  It's been over an hour and since nothing showed up in teh wallet, and I could see blocks being downloaded, entered both the address and "Confirmed" Cryptopia transaction ID into both explorers on the Sterling website.  None of the information is found.

Please make a support ticket at Cryptopia. It does appear that they are behind ~5k blocks, with only 1 peer, and presumably in a fork.

I'll make a ticket as well, but please make yours also.

coinmancan

Activity: 138
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 08:38:26 PM

Just upgraded my 1.6.0 wallet that has not synced in months.  Downloaded the latest 1.6.1 Windows version.  Deleted everything except the wallet.dat file.  Ran the wallet after unzipping the snapshot files into the appropriate directory.  Wallet fully synced, no issues.

Created a new address, copied that into Cryptopia and did a test transfer.  It's been over an hour and since nothing showed up in teh wallet, and I could see blocks being downloaded, entered both the address and "Confirmed" Cryptopia transaction ID into both explorers on the Sterling website.  None of the information is found.

Please make a support ticket at Cryptopia. It does appear that they are behind ~5k blocks, with only 1 peer,  and presumably in a fork.

I'll make a ticket as well, but please make yours also.

Thank you for the VERY quick reply.

Will create that ticket.
Pages: « 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 262 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: