Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:19:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 463978 times)
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:58:01 AM

Spacedrop distribution has caused the price to decline currently. Price will bounce once distributed and coins fall into the correct hands i.e. the buyers.

completely agree! there is nothing I don't wish Sterling as much as one day for it being featured in the ATM machines in the UK first as an alternative form of payment (credit/debit) not such an impossible dream as you might think..

So my theory is it does not matter Today if one has 50 SLG or 100,000 SLG or a million SLG unless coin is part of the commercial system

rest are exchange games.. which I don't do many do however and they patiently wait to suck the suckers in and suck their FIAT's out  Cool

speak yet another time, not switching rigs to your coin just as yet (as it might drop to 100 difficulty level as coins always do as time passes and interest moves somewhere else)

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:14:36 AM

Wallet Address of Spacedrop - Sfo1JFJJaBWnLSHmB81ApCuGZQud8MM1ck

We need to add address search into the 'Transaction Explorer' and once we do you will be able to see the balance and transactions.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 03:32:22 AM

This is the live geo locations of visitors right now on the website:

10.32am in East Asia and it seems the activity is coming from Indonesia right now as well as the USA.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:20:26 AM

one of them was me i left window open lol
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 05:36:00 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 05:54:01 AM by Sterlingcoin

HKBvM

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:23:36 AM

Total POW coins will be roughly 6.5 Million max, but probably more like 5 Million because of POS blocks. Is that correct?
shanecoins

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 10:54:50 AM

now is the time to HOLD people .don't be fooled by the drop in price its just the spacedrop .
itsmeram

Activity: 212
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:29:27 AM

what a surprised now selling on 4k, dump more plz, i want more cheap slg  Grin Grin Grin
amacar

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:31:50 AM

This will be like stellar. At first great dump, but then just going up and up to the stars.
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:48:14 AM

Someones buying up all the coins on bittrex under 10k. Good on him, shame there's no support with him and the price will just drop back down below 4k again!

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:06:13 PM

People, people, people did you really think that price was sustainable? we have another 5 months and 3 weeks of mining and the network hash has dropped right down, but that's ok it just means more cheap coins for everyone:)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

HKBvM

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:09:13 PM

Spacedrop was a good idea, but it was way too big. In the OP it says 1% instamine, though to put things in prespective 575.000 coins are probably more like 12% of the total POW coins. If you give that much coins away for free within days you have to expcet the price to totally plummet. That leaves alot of people who came early bagholding or burned, which is not a good way to start growing a community.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 12:35:49 PM

Spacedrop was a good idea, but it was way too big. In the OP it says 1% instamine, though to put things in prespective 575.000 coins are probably more like 12% of the total POW coins. If you give that much coins away for free within days you have to expcet the price to totally plummet. That leaves alot of people who came early bagholding or burned, which is not a good way to start growing a community.

The total distribution of the Spacedrop is a large amount and we are aware it's larger than people would expect from a giveaway of this sort. However, the distribution and current lull in price as you say is expected because of the amount of people simply dumping the Spacedrop on the marketplace. But as people can see there are users who will be using, supporting and have realised the direction that Sterlingcoin is headed and because of this they are buying the cheap amounts off of the dumpers.

The Spacedrop has enabled a lot of non-miners to access Sterlingcoin and even without a Spacedrop we would of witnessed miners putting coins up on exchanges at low rates to simply get BTC. That being said the rate of decline would of not been so brutal as it seems to be now. Once the Spacedrop completes, the dumpers sell, the true users buy and more and more merchants come on board, we will see a rise in price, increase of interest and even the possiblity of investors driving the price straight back up again.

However distribution, merchants, development, communication and transparency will ensure the success of Sterlingcoin.

If your in you in, if your out, you'll be back.

Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:58:39 PM

Who were dumping out at 4000-5000 satoshi earlier? That's hilarious to me. Thanks though. Almost made it to the top of the rich list probably now Cheesy
HKBvM

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:15:21 PM

The total distribution of the Spacedrop is a large amount and we are aware it's larger than people would expect from a giveaway of this sort. However, the distribution and current lull in price as you say is expected because of the amount of people simply dumping the Spacedrop on the marketplace. But as people can see there are users who will be using, supporting and have realised the direction that Sterlingcoin is headed and because of this they are buying the cheap amounts off of the dumpers.

The Spacedrop has enabled a lot of non-miners to access Sterlingcoin and even without a Spacedrop we would of witnessed miners putting coins up on exchanges at low rates to simply get BTC. That being said the rate of decline would of not been so brutal as it seems to be now. Once the Spacedrop completes, the dumpers sell, the true users buy and more and more merchants come on board, we will see a rise in price, increase of interest and even the possiblity of investors driving the price straight back up again.

However distribution, merchants, development, communication and transparency will ensure the success of Sterlingcoin.

To be fair, all info was always out there. Reading the thread after launch with miners expecting 50k+ was a bit hillarious, but it also showed that people are either too lazy to read the ann carefully or have trouble to comprehend. That's not the dev's fault however. Though I really dont know why you wrote 1% instamine - what are the 63.9 Million coins again?

I agree that the spacedrop is good for the distribution - I said it was a good idea - just that it was too big. And to anyone thinking the price will rebound instantly once the spacedrop is over: At 10.000 sats you need 3.6 BTC buys daily to just pay of the miners and keep the price stable. Not impossible but certainly ambitious.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with your coin. Maybe I will buy in when the price drops to something sustainable again.

somebits

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:35:38 PM

To be fair, all info was always out there. Reading the thread after launch with miners expecting 50k+ was a bit hillarious, but it also showed that people are either too lazy to read the ann carefully or have trouble to comprehend. That's not the dev's fault however. Though I really dont know why you wrote 1% instamine - what are the 63.9 Million coins again?

I agree that the spacedrop is good for the distribution - I said it was a good idea - just that it was too big. And to anyone thinking the price will rebound instantly once the spacedrop is over: At 10.000 sats you need 3.6 BTC buys daily to just pay of the miners and keep the price stable. Not impossible but certainly ambitious.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with your coin. Maybe I will buy in when the price drops to something sustainable again.

If I'm not mistaken it will have to get from 6 million to 63.9 million just on POS alone.
JOwenz

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:41:07 PM

If I'm not mistaken it will have to get from 6 million to 63.9 million just on POS alone.

That is correct, the remained will be made up by the POS.
JOwenz

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:42:08 PM

To put things into perspective , blackcoin is sitting at twice price and over 74 million coins right now. Smiley
somebits

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:56:27 PM

To put things into perspective , blackcoin is sitting at twice price and over 74 million coins right now. Smiley

At 5.5% it will take at least 14 years to reach 63 mil from 6 mil
HKBvM

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:01:15 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 02:21:44 PM by HKBvM

To put things into perspective BTC is sitting at 410$ right now and I can find you a dozen country-coins at zero satoshi. What exactly has BC and SLG in common other than POS?

On the instamine: People should really calculate that percentage as part of the coins to be mined, here the roughly 5 Million coins from the POW phase. That is what is done most of the time. Otherwise huge premines or instamines look pretty small, which can be a nice trick for our sammer-devs. That is not the case here though as the coins are given away via spacedrop, but still. Does it really make sense to calculate that on the basis of a number of coins that will be reached in like 10 years or so?

On the plus side SLG seems to have an active and motivated dev. Lets just see if he can deliver.

edit: sorry, I know they are 4 devs and their identities are on the website (antoher big plus). My fault writing "dev".
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: