Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:50:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.2 FEE!!!! ? am i missing something?  (Read 12001 times)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 05:23:44 PM

use electrum it let you set the fee easily without margin to mistakes
What does it do if you put the fee in where you should put the transfer amount and put the transfer amount in where you should put the fee?

Please try it and report back what happens.  Thanks!

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:28:54 PM

your0.2btc is lost for sure.sent to miners.
This is a perfect example of the kind of crap posts that got under my skin this morning.  There were just so many to wade through this morning in this specific thread, all with nothing to contribute and they had obviously not read the thread.  Sorry I went off all tilted like that.  I am much calmer now that I have had my morning coffee Smiley
Sadly most threads work like this, look at the Lazlo's pizza thread, or at the "EU robbed me 700k€" thread.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:32:58 PM

Did you accidentally set the transaction fee to high or was it auto set to that (were you even able to see what the fee was set to before sending)? Were you using the "advanced" feature of their new phone application?

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
Super Bitcoin

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:37:32 PM

Did you accidentally set the transaction fee to high? Were you using the "advanced" feature of their new phone application?
i think thats not will give effect anything . fee high not 0.2 just 0.001
he lost something.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:38:34 PM

Did you accidentally set the transaction fee to high or was it auto set to that (were you even able to see what the fee was set to before sending)? Were you using the "advanced" feature of their new phone application?

He used the BCI web wallet and went to the advanced send section. There he confused the fee and the amount field.

This spot for rent.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:49:11 PM

use electrum it let you set the fee easily without margin to mistakes
What does it do if you put the fee in where you should put the transfer amount and put the transfer amount in where you should put the fee?

Please try it and report back what happens.  Thanks!

-_- you can't be serious.

There are ways to customize the fee in electrum.

Point is: OP went in to the advanced sending mode and made a mistake.

This spot for rent.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:32:28 PM

He used the BCI web wallet and went to the advanced send section. There he confused the fee and the amount field.

Yeah that's what I figured. People shouldn't be using the advanced tab unless they know what they are doing, guess it's a good thing its turned off by default.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 06:32:31 PM

can we all collectively perhaps chip in a few coin each to help replace this…

As far as I know… this is not my fault and 110% block chain fault.

no one helps my oopsie… it makes everything bitcoin look bad. A giant ugly mole on its face that keeps growing.

I do feel bad for you, as this was an honest mistake, but you need to recognize that it's YOUR mistake. You take no responsibility for your mistake. This is the equivalent of shooting someone and say it's the gun's fault. Stop playing the blame game. Then you resort to begging for everyone to chip in to help cover your loss, like it's the community's responsibility to cover for you. Stop with the attitude of entitlement. Lastly, people ARE trying to help you, as you can see from this thread. EVERYTHING related to bitcoin looks bad because of your one incidence? You're not that important.

Use the standard Qt client. You can't change the fee amount unless you actively look for the setting.

dadaas

Activity: 490

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:37:44 PM

your0.2btc is lost for sure.sent to miners.
This is a perfect example of the kind of crap posts that got under my skin this morning.  There were just so many to wade through this morning in this specific thread, all with nothing to contribute and they had obviously not read the thread.  Sorry I went off all tilted like that.  I am much calmer now that I have had my morning coffee Smiley

I understand you completely. I am the same way Cheesy

Btw OP is aware that it was his mistake and he is now waiting for reply from Bitfury. He nicely asked to send him that fee back and it doesn't mean that he lost it all. Bitfury will probably return him his 0.2 BTC and he will learn a lesson.
LouReed

Activity: 732

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:45:37 PM

^ thank you. Does block chain have the resources to reimburse me.

Tell me again how this is Blockchain.infos fault?

You did confuse the "amount" field with the "fee" field and then CONFIRMED the popup.

so?....

If i fucked up, and no one helps my oopsie… it makes everything bitcoin look bad. A giant ugly mole on its face that keeps growing.

Lol! I stopped reading right there! If you aren't smart enough to be using Bitcoin to buy your drugs online, then please stop! Blaming Bitcoin, or Blockchain for your fuck up is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! YOU are the one who typed in a box that you shouldn't even have been in! Suck it up and move on and learn from your mistakes!
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:50:40 PM

[...] Bitfury will probably return him his 0.2 BTC and he will learn a lesson.

Only if they mined that block. It was not confirmed that they did. Only hearsay and somebody "thinking" this was their address.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
Weed Stuff

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:22:50 PM

did i just lose a .2btc transaction because the fee was set at .2btc?
maybe you download malicious ffile and you got monitoring of people  .
check your pc . sorry for your loss . fee never 0.20
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:27:20 PM

Don't you guys think it is the best practice to just leave the fee sets to default on all clients?   The fee is so small anyway, you don't even really notice it...
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:42:00 PM

Is Bitfury GigaVPS? If so maybe you can try a PM to him on here or something.
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:01:39 PM

can we all collectively perhaps chip in a few coin each to help replace this…

no one helps my oopsie… it makes everything bitcoin look bad. A giant ugly mole on its face that keeps growing.

I do feel bad for you, as this was an honest mistake, but you need to recognize that it's YOUR mistake. You take no responsibility for your mistake. This is the equivalent of shooting someone and say it's the gun's fault. Stop playing the blame game. Then you resort to begging for everyone to chip in to help cover your loss, like it's the community's responsibility to cover for you. Stop with the attitude of entitlement. Lastly, people ARE trying to help you, as you can see from this thread. EVERYTHING related to bitcoin looks bad because of your one incidence? You're not that important.
All true, and very well said.

Use the standard Qt client. You can't change the fee amount unless you actively look for the setting.
Same happens with blockchain.info.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
ensurance982

Activity: 518

Trust me!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:11:44 PM

^ thank you. Does block chain have the resources to reimburse me.

Tell me again how this is Blockchain.infos fault?

You did confuse the "amount" field with the "fee" field and then CONFIRMED the popup.

so?....

If i fucked up, and no one helps my oopsie… it makes everything bitcoin look bad. A giant ugly mole on its face that keeps growing.

Lol! I stopped reading right there! If you aren't smart enough to be using Bitcoin to buy your drugs online, then please stop! Blaming Bitcoin, or Blockchain for your fuck up is the stupidest thing I have ever heard! YOU are the one who typed in a box that you shouldn't even have been in! Suck it up and move on and learn from your mistakes!

I mean if he really went to such great length as to set the transaction fee himself in an advanced dialog, it really is his own fault, I guess. I do get people who say that Bitcoin isn't ready for the mass market and that things are still too complicated. But if people really use advanced features against advice and then mess things up, well... their fault I guess Sad

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 09:00:35 PM

Is Bitfury GigaVPS? If so maybe you can try a PM to him on here or something.
GigaVPS is a buddy of mine.  I already talked to him.  Here is what he said:
I believe that address to be a private mine that may be controlled by bitfury. I don't have much more info than that.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 09:02:14 PM

Don't you guys think it is the best practice to just leave the fee sets to default on all clients?

YES.

Unless you really understand exactly what you are doing, exacly how the fee structure works, etc.

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:34:34 PM

So what is the recommended transaction fee to input manually to guarantee this does not happen? This is making me scared to make transactions now.

BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 10:40:59 PM

So what is the recommended transaction fee to input manually to guarantee this does not happen? This is making me scared to make transactions now.
Most wallets will calculate the proper fee for you.  What wallet are you using that you have to enter it manually?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: