Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:04:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170602 times)
Chairs

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:27:47 AM

anyone have a problem with a previously good working wallet and solo miner, now saying 'password does not match recipient'...nothing was changed. only 1 password ever on the pc.

If you were using a v2 pool, and want to switch back to solo, you need to set reward recip back to yourself.

New to this whole cryptocurrency thing and I want to get in. I have 3TB free on my computer. Anyone mind explaining how to get into a pool? Please PM me with any information if you don't mind helping a newbie out.

Also, here is my ID since I see new people posting them -  BURST-756S-GA2X-6E2N-6SXT9

Thank you guys.

Follow one of the guides linked in the first post about how to generate plots, but then choose either my v2 pool or uray's pool, and follow the instructions. uray's is probably a little easier to get started at, and he has better instructions posted here. http://burst-pool.cryptoport.io/howto.html

Sent 10 coins.

Thank you, I saw that it came in. I can't even get SOLO to run correctly right now. Everything is formatted the correct files are in, but when I edit run_generate and run it, it clearly doesn't run where as the guide says that it will take a while. There is something wrong in my configuration I guess.

I have wallet up and a server running, any suggestions?
run it from a command prompt or add pause to the next line so you can see the error.

I ran it from command and the error is:

"Error ocurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap"

Is that the allocation for the blocks?

Edit -

I'm creating this on a new partitioned drive.

A - Do I need to have windows installed on this drive?

B - Do I need to change the directory of the run_generate bat file or is it just pulling files from that location?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
burstcoin (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:37:02 AM

anyone have a problem with a previously good working wallet and solo miner, now saying 'password does not match recipient'...nothing was changed. only 1 password ever on the pc.

If you were using a v2 pool, and want to switch back to solo, you need to set reward recip back to yourself.

New to this whole cryptocurrency thing and I want to get in. I have 3TB free on my computer. Anyone mind explaining how to get into a pool? Please PM me with any information if you don't mind helping a newbie out.

Also, here is my ID since I see new people posting them -  BURST-756S-GA2X-6E2N-6SXT9

Thank you guys.

Follow one of the guides linked in the first post about how to generate plots, but then choose either my v2 pool or uray's pool, and follow the instructions. uray's is probably a little easier to get started at, and he has better instructions posted here. http://burst-pool.cryptoport.io/howto.html

Sent 10 coins.

Thank you, I saw that it came in. I can't even get SOLO to run correctly right now. Everything is formatted the correct files are in, but when I edit run_generate and run it, it clearly doesn't run where as the guide says that it will take a while. There is something wrong in my configuration I guess.

run it from a command prompt or add pause to the next line so you can see the error.

Edit -

B - Do I need to change the directory of the run_generate bat file or is it just pulling files from that location?
You need to either increase the number after -Xmx or decrease your stagger size.

A: no
B: it always uses the plots folder in the miner's folder.

BURST-QHCJ-9HB5-PTGC-5Q8J9
hodlgasm

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:40:11 AM

Attempting to install miner on osx through terminal, after running sh run_dump_address.sh I get the following error:

MacBook-Pro:pocminer_v1 K$ sh run_dump_address.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: pocminer/POCMiner : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Could you explain what I need to do to get around this?
burstcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:45:37 AM

Attempting to install miner on osx through terminal, after running sh run_dump_address.sh I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: pocminer/POCMiner : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

You need java 7.

Chairs

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:53:54 AM

Thank you guys.

Sent 10 coins.

Edit -

You need to either increase the number after -Xmx or decrease your stagger size.

I'm getting so frustrated. I normally don't have problems like this.

I dropped my stagger down to 1000 and my memory stayed at 4000. Now it's saying:

"The size of the object heap + perm gen exceeds the maximum representable size."

I followed the guide to a T. It says for every 200gb = 800000 plots.

I don't get what I'm doing wrong. Someone please help. I will repay you when I actually earn some coin.
burstcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:59:21 AM

Thank you guys.

Sent 10 coins.

Edit -

I dropped my stagger down to 1000 and my memory stayed at 4000. Now it's saying:

"The size of the object heap + perm gen exceeds the maximum representable size."

I don't get what I'm doing wrong. Someone please help. I will repay you when I actually earn some coin.
Try -Xmx1000m

crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 02:03:21 AM

Just a guess here, but try updating your java, install the JRE. just search JRE download in google, first result.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:05:22 AM

here is update for http://burst-pool.cryptoport.io

i changed minimum payout to 250 BURST since we found blocks more often right now, and to reduce tx-fee
until i can provide miners program with ability to set user minimum payout preference

and also please change your port from 80 to 8124 if you have no firewall issue

actually that port 80 is redirected to internal port 8124, so having you connect directly to 8124 will reduce server network load
only use port 80 if you can't connect to port 8124

how can I see my personal mining details on the site? I just started mining there, but it's a bit confusing (even tho it looks really cool ^^)

edit:

Code:
Submitting share
{"result":"Passphrase does not match reward recipient"}

is that because of the wallet setup (set recipient to the number from your site)? or is something wrong?

you need to wait for 4 blocks after you did reward recipient before network accept that you indeed set my pool as your payment address if you found a block

or

you are using wrong miner, are you sure you are using pool miner from my site ?

as for personal mining details, ee... ummm... what you want to see ?

ouch, I was really using the wrong miner. I compiled the one from your site and now it runs since several blocks, but nothing has been submitted so far.

mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:08:37 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 03:58:57 AM by mirny

can I assign two pools to one burst address?

This is my signature...
Chairs

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:09:06 AM

Thank you guys.

Sent 10 coins.

Edit -

Try -Xmx1000m

Awesome! It's doing something now!

What is a good plot number for a 2.7TB drive? I want to maximize my space!
hodlgasm

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:25:38 AM

You need java 7.

Thanks but I already have the latest version installed, (Version 7 Update 67) so I'm still confused as to why I get this error.
TheIcky

Activity: 39

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:28:13 AM

Hey everyone, been freeing up some space over the last few days and I'm ready for some mining. However, I'm in need of some coin. Anyone mind throwing some coin my way?

BURST-GP7L-5K58-DANT-DJJTE

Thanks in advance for helping me become a part of this new community.

Sent  Smiley

Thank you very much
jzhoulon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:28:55 AM

You need java 7.

Thanks but I already have the latest version installed, (Version 7 Update 67) so I'm still confused as to why I get this error.
java -version
and show the result here

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:33:32 AM

Hey on that linux plot generator I know I'm supposed to use this string:

./plot <public key> <start nonce> <nonces> <stagger size> <threads>

But can someone tell me, where or how do I modify the amount of memory I want to use?
hodlgasm

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:36:16 AM

You need java 7.

java -version
and show the result here

MacBook-Pro:pocminer_v1 K$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

So it reports an older version however when I check using the java website verification it says 7.67.
jzhoulon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:40:54 AM

You need java 7.

java -version
and show the result here

MacBook-Pro:pocminer_v1 K$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

So it reports an older version however when I check using the java website verification it says 7.67.

so , it is using the older version java in your computer, change the environment variable, add the path of your newly installed java .1.6.0_65 is your jre verison, please make sure your jre version is 1.7.0+ or 1.8.0+

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:41:16 AM

here is update for http://burst-pool.cryptoport.io

i changed minimum payout to 250 BURST since we found blocks more often right now, and to reduce tx-fee
until i can provide miners program with ability to set user minimum payout preference

and also please change your port from 80 to 8124 if you have no firewall issue

actually that port 80 is redirected to internal port 8124, so having you connect directly to 8124 will reduce server network load
only use port 80 if you can't connect to port 8124

how can I see my personal mining details on the site? I just started mining there, but it's a bit confusing (even tho it looks really cool ^^)

edit:

Code:
Submitting share
{"result":"Passphrase does not match reward recipient"}

is that because of the wallet setup (set recipient to the number from your site)? or is something wrong?

you need to wait for 4 blocks after you did reward recipient before network accept that you indeed set my pool as your payment address if you found a block

or

you are using wrong miner, are you sure you are using pool miner from my site ?

as for personal mining details, ee... ummm... what you want to see ?

ouch, I was really using the wrong miner. I compiled the one from your site and now it runs since several blocks, but nothing has been submitted so far.

ok, last question before i go to bed:

I'm currently using the C version of the miner. But there is no deadline shown, is that correct? does my miner work on the pool?

Code:
New block 8789, basetarget 9359815
12 MB read/50 GB total/no deadline

truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:11:23 AM

any news on porting dcct' miner to windows? Windows users are getting out of game  Sad
cyberspacemonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:15:26 AM

Hey on that linux plot generator I know I'm supposed to use this string:

./plot <public key> <start nonce> <nonces> <stagger size> <threads>

But can someone tell me, where or how do I modify the amount of memory I want to use?

Can someone answer this for me?  Sad
SiFF

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:28:04 AM

Still getting that stupid error:
Code:
{"errorCode":5,"errorDescription":"Unknown account"}
My wallet is 5941785374254514347 or BURST-UJ7D-C6L2-7J4G-7QDX6

Pages: « 1 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: