Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:39:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375254 times)
Spexx

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:02:03 AM

Thanks for the offers to test the minerd, but I needed responses long ago. Now my son is awake I can use his Haswell and I can tell you that the new minerd I compiled for Haswell works just fine and is faster than anything else out there for Windows.

I now have a collection of new Windows XMG miners for 32 bit, Generic 64 bit, 64 bit AVX and 64 bit AVX2. They are good, but I can get them to run even faster given a bit of time. My main problem is that the source code does not support http/getwork so solo mining with these new miners is simply not possible. This also means that they are not fully compatible with my software suite, so I can't really release them as an "official" update - that will have to wait until a patched version of the source code is available. Hopefully that will be soon, because I am not going to put hours upon hours of effort into it until that is so.

What I will do is put a little package together with some instructions on how to use it with my software suite - you will have to manually edit one file but it is no more complicated than that because I anticipated the use of "other" miners when I wrote it Smiley

Watch this thread for details a bit later.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jawitech

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:15:11 AM

Thanks for the offers to test the minerd, but I needed responses long ago. Now my son is awake I can use his Haswell and I can tell you that the new minerd I compiled for Haswell works just fine and is faster than anything else out there for Windows.

I now have a collection of new Windows XMG miners for 32 bit, Generic 64 bit, 64 bit AVX and 64 bit AVX2. They are good, but I can get them to run even faster given a bit of time. My main problem is that the source code does not support http/getwork so solo mining with these new miners is simply not possible. This also means that they are not fully compatible with my software suite, so I can't really release them as an "official" update - that will have to wait until a patched version of the source code is available. Hopefully that will be soon, because I am not going to put hours upon hours of effort into it until that is so.

What I will do is put a little package together with some instructions on how to use it with my software suite - you will have to manually edit one file but it is no more complicated than that because I anticipated the use of "other" miners when I wrote it Smiley

Awesome Spexx!
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:21:12 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 02:53:30 AM by joelao95

These are the steps I think need to be done
1. Make a payment to myself
2. Wait for reward to come in

And that's it? I was under the impression that after you get a reward you have to make a new payment to yourself before the staking of those coins started again.

Regards

We got a bunch of posts all over around. Firstly let me answer the question. Staking is always enabled whenever there is a balance in the wallet (if password is set, unlock it). When you get a PoS reward, NO NEED of "make a new payment to yourself" in order to initiate staking again. Sending new payment to self is a way to optimize staking, according to PoS-II design. What happens when a PoS reward is received is coin splitting. Let's say you send 500 XMG initially for staking; in this case, 500 XMG is stored in one transaction. You can see that by enabling "Display coin control features (experts only!)" (wallet-> Settings -> Options -> Display), then go to "Send coins" tab -> inputs. Once a stake is generated, 500 XMG gets splitted and becomes 2 x 250 XMG with 250 XMG per transaction. The staking will then proceed with two transactions. You can see that getting reward for the 250 XMG staking needs extra time compared to 500XMG staking, but you have 2 staking going on simultaneously. Keep track of the splitting by viewing inputs and do a resending once coins per transaction are too less (say < 50).  I'll experiment this further to get a much clear idea on how the spltting is going and when is the best time to perform a sending-coins-to-self.

Yes could someone give a breif overview on what staking is, and how to achieve it as this looks interesting

If you're new to PoS, here is a wiki info and google search: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake

In addition to above, to stake effectively: Don't send significant amount of coins at once in one transition in order to get interest easily, that's not the case for PoS-II. Don't send coins during staking, or stake time will be reset. Don't keep the wallet offline for more than 5 days in any circumstance, or you need to reset the stake time.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:51:02 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2015, 02:01:33 AM by joelao95

Firstly thanks Wolf for the work and agreement by offering bounties to release his optimized miner. Based on his code, I've worked on it a little bit and got about 50% further speed boost.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/coinmagi/files/m-miner/Wolf-m7m-cpuminer-V2/

To mention, getting the higher hashrate is not the goal of this coin; instead, that allows one to control his mining hashrate in a greater range as desired. One will have the greater ability, so greater responsibility ( Wink) to secure PoW (block reward / network).

#1, less power consumption to attain the same speed (as before), i.e., more energy saved

#2, with less number of generic miners we can achieve reasonably high hashrate in order to combat the big miners, though this is more or less a "dream" as I wished coming a day without superb miners.

@NeedIfFindIt It might not be that straightforward to slow down the hashrate according to the block reward, but we may need a more smart approach to adjust the speed. Since the big miners are around, whenever generic miners slow down their hashrate, blocks (higher reward) are mined mostly by big miners. I wish we can mitigate the hashrate a bit one can live with but still provide secure to the PoW network.

I'll get the "-e" option for the new miner in order to adjust the CPU usage (to "hide" it effectively in case one needs that Cheesy).

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:06:52 AM

I've worked on it a little bit and got about 50% further speed boost.

Oh my giddy aunt !!

I can't keep up with this. I think I need a lie down Cheesy

Does this one support http/getwork, or is that still a WIP?

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:14:30 AM

I've worked on it a little bit and got about 50% further speed boost.

Oh my giddy aunt !!

I can't keep up with this. I think I need a lie down Cheesy

Does this one support http/getwork, or is that still a WIP?

It's not supporting http yet, I'll get that sorted out.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:18:24 AM

Awesome Spexx!

Not any more it isn't. Now all it represents is wasted time. I shall not be doing anything more now until things have settled down and we have an official source for a fully optimized miner with full operational support.

We need a Windows 32 bit version of this new generic minerd asap. I don't have the source.

cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 02:32:51 AM

Firstly thanks Wolf for the work and agreement by offering bounties to release his optimized miner. Based on his code, I've worked on it a little bit and got about 50% further speed boost.

To mention, getting the higher hashrate is not the goal of this coin; instead, that allows one to control his mining hashrate in a greater range as desired. One will have the greater ability, so greater responsibility ( Wink) to secure PoW (block reward / network).

#1, less power consumption to attain the same speed (as before), i.e., more energy saved

#2, with less number of generic miners we can achieve reasonably high hashrate in order to combat the big miners, though this is more or less a "dream" as I wished coming a day without superb miners.

@NeedIfFindIt It might not be that straightforward to slow down the hashrate according to the block reward, but we may need a more smart approach to adjust the speed. Since the big miners are around, whenever generic miners slow down their hashrate, blocks (higher reward) are mined mostly by big miners. I wish we can mitigate the hashrate a bit one can live with but still provide secure to the PoW network.

I'll get the "-e" option for the new miner in order to adjust the CPU usage (to "hide" it effectively in case one needs that Cheesy).

Wow! I'm %100 faster mining now!

I'm getting 20khs+ with my good old i5-2410m

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:04:35 AM

So I got the wolf0 i7 miner to work, getting really good speeds, but now it gets detected as a Trojan Horse.
And every time I remove it from the quarantine and add it to the safe list, it gets redetected as a different name.
Any ideas?

Can you try the following miner:

These were compiled under windows machine and zipped under linux, not sure zipping is the critical part. I got the same thing when McAFee is on, but pretty fine with the new miner.

Spexx, what's your opinion regarding the AV software? seems like people never run into problems with your software package.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 03:17:33 AM

Sorry for such late response, but I gusss that it's better to give an update. Finally bought some more XMG and also mined a little, now all the coins are back to wallet and PoS seems to have started good.
Let me know if you run into issues or any questions.

Is my CPU fast or slow?
It's Tempest.1.
I'd say it's in the middle level among others.

When it's staking, what causes the stake reward to be Generated but not accepted? I have two stakes in a row that is having this status  Huh
I am hardly able to give the reasons, it would be better if we can locate detail information regarding these invalid blocks from debug.log.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:03:10 AM

So I got the wolf0 i7 miner to work, getting really good speeds, but now it gets detected as a Trojan Horse.
And every time I remove it from the quarantine and add it to the safe list, it gets redetected as a different name.
Any ideas?

Check your anti-virus settings. There are probably multiple protection modules and you might need to add the program to multiple safe-lists. You may have, for example, a "file scan" exclusion list and a "on access" exclusion list. Which anti-virus software is that? The better ones usually either ignore mining software altogether or merely report it as a "PUP" (Potentially Unwanted Program).

Whenever you get a file which your anti-virus reports as a Trojan (or whatever) then upload it to https://www.virustotal.com/ for a second, third, fourth, fifth, etc opinion. The results are quite revealing, even fascinating. I do this routinely with all my software releases before publishing them (which might account for the fact that most anti-virus software does not object to my software - Virustotal is a feeder site for the AV industry).

Of course you can always just turn your anti-virus off completely. Some of them are really bad bloatware anyway and just slow your machine down. Imho, if you have Kaspersky, Symantec or McAfee then it should be uninstalled immediately Cheesy Just getting rid of any of those completely is a job in itself.

Personally, for anti-virus protection I like to use a combination of Malwarebytes Antimalware (paid version) and Avast (free version) because the combination gives a fair level of protection if I think I might need it where I am going, or can be switched off/on completely with just a few mouse clicks. Mostly they are switched off and thus do not interfere with the miner. For maximum protection I would use Emsisoft for its excellent behavior-based protection module. Then there is Malwarebytes Antiexploit for that added little bit of protection against zero-day exploits. There are some issues with getting all four of these to run together, but it can be done ... if I'm that paranoid.

Having said all that, the best protection against computer viruses is be very wary and trust nothing. Shields up Captain. Keep your software fully up to date and never believe it when a web page says you need to download a codec or Flash Player update or Media Player update (or any kind of update) to access some content.

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:12:22 AM

Whenever you get a file which your anti-virus reports as a Trojan (or whatever) then upload it to https://www.virustotal.com/ for a second, third, fourth, fifth, etc opinion. The results are quite revealing, even fascinating. I do this routinely with all my software releases before publishing them.
Thanks, good to know about this. I got "Detection ratio:   6 / 57"  Huh, any suggestions to remove them?

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/ab8b75b7b3af8a78f6fbe13231fcb621d7d70a5330a82f5de2f057e6d846f091/analysis/1422158966/

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 04:53:57 AM

Whenever you get a file which your anti-virus reports as a Trojan (or whatever) then upload it to https://www.virustotal.com/ for a second, third, fourth, fifth, etc opinion. The results are quite revealing, even fascinating. I do this routinely with all my software releases before publishing them.
Thanks, good to know about this. I got "Detection ratio:   6 / 57"  Huh, any suggestions to remove them?

Of those 6 detections, 5 are correctly identified as a miner and most likely the commercial version of the AV will simply flag the file up as a PUP (which you can allow to pass). I would not worry about the last one.

The best way to get AV detections removed is to send a sample of the software directly to the AV vendor via the AV software user interface. Their web sites usually have an anonymous file sample upload facility if you do not have the software itself. They are quite good about removing false positives. They all know full well that code pattern-based malware detection is seriously old hat these days anyway and next to useless.

bobben2

Activity: 279
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 07:47:36 AM

Any ideas?

These were compiled under windows machine and zipped under linux, not sure zipping is the critical part. I got the same thing when McAFee is on, but pretty fine with the new miner.

Spexx, what's your opinion regarding the AV software? seems like people never run into problems with your software package.

Hi Joe,
Great work!
Could you post a Linux version of the miner - either the source or a statically linked generic version?
Your posted generic version brought my Athlon on Windows 7 from 5.03 to 6.3 kHash/s
EDIT: Not 6.3, but 7.41 whoa

Fellow miners, get your thens and thans in order and help other forum readers understand what you are writing. Remember the grammar basics:  B larger THAN A (comparator operator). If something THEN ....
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:25:29 AM

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:35:13 AM

Uhmmm, source code? Would like to get it to work on my linux machine and possibly my Odroid too. Grin

GodMonar

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 09:08:35 AM

even Faster than 1/22ver  Shocked
Go Go Go Magi !
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 11:05:06 AM

how many coins can you mine a day?

1 BTC = 1 BTC
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:08:57 PM

Any ideas?

~135 khash/s now and no antivirus warning.
Thats a 145% increase over the original miner Smiley
Nevermind, after a while of running, McAfee decided to do it again.
That's unfortunate..

That's McAfee for you. Get rid. Try Avast (free version).

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 01:19:53 PM

Re: latest minerd.

Windows 32 bit version please.

Source code please.

Ta Cheesy

Pages: « 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: