Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:26:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375362 times)
light85bit

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:09:52 PM

No man, i read your reply, but like you said, it's easier for big miners than small miners to reduce the hashrate. An example is like me, I have 125KH/s, i can lower to 50KH/s, but how about another miners? If they stay the same, hoping for another miners lower, then they'll get more than another people?  Grin Then after some days, i'll mine with full speed again Tongue Tongue Is there anyway to make ALL miners reduce their hashrate by half?  Grin Grin No i think  Grin

The Magi community is growing exponentially. After some times, after some PoM campaign, the big miners will exit the Magi mining. But more and more small miners will join Magi. So the hashrate will rise. And the block reward will be always low. Is it an fictive scare or a real one ? The magical Magi team does has a wonderful solution for that ?
I have the same question too  Shocked

the way i see it the price of magi will rise and rise more when big miners go away, as it happened with many coins. High number of small miners/holders higher the price of coin few but big miners = doom and dumping of the coin (like with spreadcoin and many others).

cheers  Smiley
not just the price will rise, but the amount will lesser, so longer the coin will live, it's good  Grin
But what if too much more miners that the amount reduce to ~ 0XMG per block?  Grin We'll have to wait wait wait until enough miners goes away? What if everyone think like that and stay?  Grin

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:05:05 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 09:59:10 PM by 111magic

Announcement:
Registration for Magi Proof Of Mining 2015 campaign will start Friday, April 10th.
Keep eyes on thread or Twitter @103tango @coinmagi !
---------------
More info will follow.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Spexx

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 09:59:49 PM

Can someone please explain me the PoS thing in simple words? I read a couple of articles but I don't really seem to understand it. In simple words, if I leave my wallet running will I earn more XMG?

Ok I'll try that, but it rather depends on whether you mean the Proof-Of-Stake campaign (now closed for entry) or proof-of-stake mining with the wallet. I will assume the latter.

Just leaving the wallet running is not quite enough. Every thirty days, you need to send all your coins to yourself to "renew" your stake. It all hinges on your incoming transactions and sending your coins to yourself generates, effectively, an incoming transaction which qualifies. Forget all the complicated mathematics, coin splitting etc. Does my head in. You will earn "interest" on the incoming transactions.

When you send all your coins to yourself, there is a short period when it has no value for staking purposes, but quickly grows over a few hours and you will see the "stake weight" reported by the wallet go up and up and up again over the next two weeks or so. I have observed the "stake weight" reach a value just about twice the total number of coins in the wallet after about ten days, stay up there for a while and then gradually decline. After thirty days the "stake weight" gets so low that you feel the need to send all your coins to yourself again. In that time, the wallet mines literally hundreds of individual small POS rewards, sometimes as often as once every few minutes and occasionally I have observed the wallet mine three POS rewards in under a minute. The value of individual POS rewards is highly variable. The biggest I ever got was about 0.33 XMG I think - memory fades - but generally I see rewards at about 0.01 XMG each, moreorless. What really changes is the rate at which the rewards are received. It goes up and tails off in the same way that the "stake weight" does.

I played around with sending a proportion of coins back and forth between two wallets, then experimented with sending coins around three wallets, in smaller twice-daily chunks. Nothing seemed quite as effective as simply sending the whole lot to yourself in one wallet at first glance, but when I crunched all the numbers it actually turned out that the "rate of interest" earned was about 2 percent equivalent APR on the total balance in the wallet(s) no matter what I did, just as long as I was generating incoming transactions and turning over the contents of the wallet(s) in a relatively short space of time. My conclusion with this is to keep it simple - just send the whole lot to yourself. It works like a charm. If you have a lot of coins then you may find that you cannot send the whole lot in one transaction, so split it into smaller chunks and send them to yourself at, say, ten minute intervals. If you try to send one chunk after another in quick succession, you will find that the transaction fees keep going up and up. Sneaky that.

Hope that was simple enough Cheesy

feldenthorne

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:57:38 PM

Someone reported a pretty bad blunder in the documentation in the GitHub repo: https://github.com/magi-project/magi/issues/7.

In short, Debian 8 (Jessie) removes libdb4.8 from the official repositories, which the wallets rely on to be built and several other build dependencies were missing from the build documentation.

I added the missing dependencies to the documentation in my pull request, but I didn't want to make the decision to change the Berkeley DB version for the official builds as well, since it will screw up the usage of wallet.dat between user-compiled and official versions. I do think, however, that it would be best to officially migrate to libdb5.1 for official builds because it's one more thing that will work out of the box for users.

(If the devs talk it over and want to bump up the version to 5.1, let me know and I'll add that to my pull request.)
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:01:05 AM

Someone reported a pretty bad blunder in the documentation in the GitHub repo: https://github.com/magi-project/magi/issues/7.

In short, Debian 8 (Jessie) removes libdb4.8 from the official repositories, which the wallets rely on to be built and several other build dependencies were missing from the build documentation.

I added the missing dependencies to the documentation in my pull request, but I didn't want to make the decision to change the Berkeley DB version for the official builds as well, since it will screw up the usage of wallet.dat between user-compiled and official versions. I do think, however, that it would be best to officially migrate to libdb5.1 for official builds because it's one more thing that will work out of the box for users.

(If the devs talk it over and want to bump up the version to 5.1, let me know and I'll add that to my pull request.)

feldenthorne, thanks for the heads up. Let's move to version 5.1. I shall build the binaries as well.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
feldenthorne

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:18:57 AM

feldenthorne, thanks for the heads up. Let's move to version 5.1. I shall build the binaries as well.

Alright, sounds good. That simplifies the unix build readmes as well since the ARM builds were using 5.1 by default.

For Windows builds, this will mean switching to build 5.1.29.NC from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/berkeleydb/downloads/index-082944.html, since the previous dependency is 4.8.30.NC. Once you confirm that that's fine, I'll update my pull request.
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:16:18 AM

Alright, sounds good. That simplifies the unix build readmes as well since the ARM builds were using 5.1 by default.

For Windows builds, this will mean switching to build 5.1.29.NC from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/berkeleydb/downloads/index-082944.html, since the previous dependency is 4.8.30.NC. Once you confirm that that's fine, I'll update my pull request.

Yes, this looks fine, while I haven't yet done the compilation; will do so in the following days. 

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:16:18 AM

Working together. Awesome to watch this!
Well done!

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:22:21 AM

Magi World Online Campaign!

Magi (XMG) the unique coin of the future
launches the Magi World Online Campaign
This multiple promotion campaign rewards current community members by receiving some extra XMG and offers new members the opportunity to become acquainted with the Coin of the Magi and receive their first XMG for free.
The tour consists of multiple assignments for which you can receive some XMG.

Check here: http://bitcoingarden.tk/forum/index.php?topic=3315.msg89738#msg89738

Thanks mate, this is ever unique social to the community. I am confident it only happens to magi because of our passionate and loyal supporting magi team member!

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
vince232

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:30:33 AM

mining really is hard now. as i understand the bigger the hashrate is the lesser the reward right?

isnt it possible to limit the hashrate of an account.?

like for example in supernova you can only have 1 worker?
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:36:04 AM

mining really is hard now. as i understand the bigger the hashrate is the lesser the reward right?

isnt it possible to limit the hashrate of an account.?

like for example in supernova you can only have 1 worker?

Exactly; we're trying to get this option for PoM.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
feldenthorne

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:49:41 AM

Yes, this looks fine, while I haven't yet done the compilation; will do so in the following days. 

Alright, my armv7l_official branch (the one that's pull requested) has been updated to build with BDB 5.1 by default. It compiles and works on x86 Ubuntu and ARM v6 and v7. Not sure about Windows or OSX, but I updated the documentation and makefiles for everything with the proper package names. So it needs testing on OSX and Windows, but I think it should be good to go.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:38:03 AM

Thanks for that Feldenthorne.

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:18:22 AM

No man, i read your reply, but like you said, it's easier for big miners than small miners to reduce the hashrate. An example is like me, I have 125KH/s, i can lower to 50KH/s, but how about another miners? If they stay the same, hoping for another miners lower, then they'll get more than another people?  Grin Then after some days, i'll mine with full speed again Tongue Tongue Is there anyway to make ALL miners reduce their hashrate by half?  Grin Grin No i think  Grin

I do think that one important development in this respect is Sweet Spot targeting. I have been using it for some time and you will see my hashrate on the pool(s) going up and down as the block rewards get bigger and smaller respectively. It saves on my electricity bill, but better than that it is "one in the eye" to the big miners. When block rewards are low, let the big miners thrash away at it for peanuts, then when the bigger block rewards come along, give them some serious competition. I love it. Large numbers of smaller miners using this kind of targeting will have a significant effect.

vince232

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:28:27 AM

No man, i read your reply, but like you said, it's easier for big miners than small miners to reduce the hashrate. An example is like me, I have 125KH/s, i can lower to 50KH/s, but how about another miners? If they stay the same, hoping for another miners lower, then they'll get more than another people?  Grin Then after some days, i'll mine with full speed again Tongue Tongue Is there anyway to make ALL miners reduce their hashrate by half?  Grin Grin No i think  Grin

I do think that one important development in this respect is Sweet Spot targeting. I have been using it for some time and you will see my hashrate on the pool(s) going up and down as the block rewards get bigger and smaller respectively. It saves on my electricity bill, but better than that it is "one in the eye" to the big miners. When block rewards are low, let the big miners thrash away at it for peanuts, then when the bigger block rewards come along, give them some serious competition. I love it. Large numbers of smaller miners using this kind of targeting will have a significant effect.

hey is that sweet spot targeting already available for download? that is why i stopped mining. i saw the block rewards as low as 0.8 i think. there is no point mining right now if you only have 1 miner.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:32:13 AM

In order to spread the word about Coin Magi, there is now a puzzle contest with a XMG 1,000 prize available on http://www.coinmagipuzzle.org/
The idea is to have as many Coin Magi supporters play the game and submit their score, so their record score is shared among friends on Facebook.
Please do not set a worldrecord right away, as that will demotivate others to give it a try, and the goal is to get as many new people as possible get to know Coin Magi!

www.coinmagipuzzle.org

Wow nice! Awesome job Digithusiast.

feldenthorne

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:49:54 AM

Another new wrinkle in the BDB updating:

I was reading the packages for Debian incorrectly (and it was pointed out on GitHub)- libdb5.1-dev is only available by default in Debian 7 (wheezy), not Debian 8 (jessie). I really don't know how you'd like to handle that as a dev team. Debian 7 is the "stable" release and Debian 8 is the "testing" release, but I really don't know much about the usage statistics for Debian in terms of what version is more popular.

Since Ubuntu 14.04 and Debian 8 both default to using BDB 5.3, though, it may be a reasonable option to just shoot for BDB 5.3 as the actual upgrade choice. Debian 7 users can also use the backports repositories to download libdb5.3 reasonably easily, which means that Ubuntu 13 (and even 12 LTS, I think) users can also compile with minimal effort. I also checked the Raspberry Pi repositories and it appears that armv6l and armv7l both have access to libdb5.3-dev libraries as well (which makes sense since it's based on Debian, but it wasn't certain). And Gentoo and FreeBSD appear to have libdb5.3-dev too.

Windows and OSX can use the easily-accessible BDB 5.3.28.NC release from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/berkeleydb/downloads/index-082944.html, so the two more prominent platforms should have no problem either.

This time my research into package availability was a little more extensive, so everything should work out if you decide on BDB 5.3. But that will inevitably force people that are using older Linux releases (however many there are) to compile the BDB libraries themselves. If they're on older releases, though, they're probably more comfortable with compiling... But it's also another hoop to go through.

Some community input on this might be best, to determine if this will affect anyone enough to take them out of their comfort zone... But I suppose upgrading to BDB 5.1 could have had the same effect.

In the end, though, it's your choice as developers to make the call. I can revert to BDB 4.8 if you'd rather stick with that, keep it at 5.1, or rework everything for 5.3. Just let me know.
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:21:01 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 04:49:57 PM by Spexx

hey is that sweet spot targeting already available for download? that is why i stopped mining. i saw the block rewards as low as 0.8 i think. there is no point mining right now if you only have 1 miner.

Sweet Spot ...

http://xmg.makejar.com

... plus I will release my bolt-on variant in a couple of few hours time. Just applying finishing touches now.

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:18:16 PM

Another new wrinkle in the BDB updating:

I was reading the packages for Debian incorrectly (and it was pointed out on GitHub)- libdb5.1-dev is only available by default in Debian 7 (wheezy), not Debian 8 (jessie). I really don't know how you'd like to handle that as a dev team. Debian 7 is the "stable" release and Debian 8 is the "testing" release, but I really don't know much about the usage statistics for Debian in terms of what version is more popular.

Since Ubuntu 14.04 and Debian 8 both default to using BDB 5.3, though, it may be a reasonable option to just shoot for BDB 5.3 as the actual upgrade choice. Debian 7 users can also use the backports repositories to download libdb5.3 reasonably easily, which means that Ubuntu 13 (and even 12 LTS, I think) users can also compile with minimal effort. I also checked the Raspberry Pi repositories and it appears that armv6l and armv7l both have access to libdb5.3-dev libraries as well (which makes sense since it's based on Debian, but it wasn't certain). And Gentoo and FreeBSD appear to have libdb5.3-dev too.

Windows and OSX can use the easily-accessible BDB 5.3.28.NC release from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/berkeleydb/downloads/index-082944.html, so the two more prominent platforms should have no problem either.

This time my research into package availability was a little more extensive, so everything should work out if you decide on BDB 5.3. But that will inevitably force people that are using older Linux releases (however many there are) to compile the BDB libraries themselves. If they're on older releases, though, they're probably more comfortable with compiling... But it's also another hoop to go through.

Some community input on this might be best, to determine if this will affect anyone enough to take them out of their comfort zone... But I suppose upgrading to BDB 5.1 could have had the same effect.

In the end, though, it's your choice as developers to make the call. I can revert to BDB 4.8 if you'd rather stick with that, keep it at 5.1, or rework everything for 5.3. Just let me know.

This is a thing I didn't notice; I checked my Mac os compilation which acutally used the version 6. I agree that we should stick to one version. It is likely that the future release of linux (debian and else) steps into more than 5.3. It won't be a big concern if the wallet gets updated by that time as well; let me check it out and fix the way we should take.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:19:39 PM

In order to spread the word about Coin Magi, there is now a puzzle contest with a XMG 1,000 prize available on http://www.coinmagipuzzle.org/
The idea is to have as many Coin Magi supporters play the game and submit their score, so their record score is shared among friends on Facebook.
Please do not set a worldrecord right away, as that will demotivate others to give it a try, and the goal is to get as many new people as possible get to know Coin Magi!

www.coinmagipuzzle.org

Thank you very much Digithusiast, great work.  Smiley

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Pages: « 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 [371] 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: