Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:33:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 [734] 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375300 times)
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 03:00:40 AM

hey magi friends,

Just installed the new magi wallet, and i must say it lookes very neat and clear.

i like the value for magi at that moment and for the wallet in total but can it be changed from dollars to euro's in the future?

very good work for all who worked on the wallet but spacial thanks to Joelao95

greatings xms

Thanks; yes, that feature is nice, and having different currencies available is what I'd expect in the near future.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2017, 09:45:24 AM

stakesplitthreshold and stakecombinethreshold, are they unique feature of Magi coin? I've never seen before but it's really awesome!

If so, dev of this coin is genius.  Grin

nothing unique existing at many POS coins adaptable
and working on default values in nearly all well configured pos coins

only copycoins which fuck up the POS settings because "they dont know what they do"
have no working default split and merge mechainics

u can easy dedect such copycoins if they only split endless and never start to merge and users have to merge manually

this is bad configured POS in coin code mostly seen in copycoins

one part that lead to many copycoins have this not configured proper is a code comment that read "dont touch this"
and any copycoin coder did this didnt touch this line and fucked up his coin POS behavior

its not like  PPC and NVC the first two POS coins and sunny king its creator wanted to make it easy copy their POS
and so they leave  their traps in their code that many copycoin coder did fall in

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 01:17:03 PM

Without formal announcement, I'd mention briefly three major works. The first item should be done in this year 2017. 

1. It won't be done without a hard fork, and it will be a major one.

* Optimization on the difficulty adjustment algorithm that expects a fast response to the network hashrate
* Adjustment of PoW algo
* Establish a channel between PoW and PoS
* PoS-II to "mPoS".

The above are four optional areas of improvements, each or all of which should (successfully) lead to support of efficient mining by the low-end devices (except the last one that's PoS).

2. Migrating and combining with the latest bitcoin code base, which, I guess, is yet existed in PoS coins; I believe this way would move the coin much better and strong.

3. Continue / improve Magi's payment gateway: m-epays; it's not our intention to invent a payment gateway, but a way to speed the coin to be accepted and used.

A more detailed roadmap will be announced in the OP and our website in following weeks. The site is currently been worked on. Details are to be announced.

Also, I intend to bring the forum m-talk.org into a good shape, however, I barely have the time and also web skills. If anyone is willing to assist or take this job, drop me a message.

Since we had a slack channel (https://coinmagi.slack.com/), if anyone want to joint, send me your email address; I'll send out invitations:

joelao98@gmail.com

or contact the team:

contact@coinmagi.org

I'm impressed to see how Magi is gaining traction in development. These new improvements would make Coin Magi stronger than ever, growing solid among the stack of altcoins available. I hope that this would have a nice effect in XMG's price, as more people join it, due to the exciting features that it will provide.

The new Magi 1.3.1 wallet release is stellar, and truly demonstrates that there is a good dev behind it and a solid community supporting it. That is to say, I will continue to buy and hold Magi for the long term, as this is one of those cryptocurrencies out there that you don't want to miss out. The thing that I like most about Magi is that it allows any average person to get up and running to mine some coins. Just sharing my thoughts.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 02:23:54 PM

I'm impressed to see how Magi is gaining traction in development. These new improvements would make Coin Magi stronger than ever, growing solid among the stack of altcoins available. I hope that this would have a nice effect in XMG's price, as more people join it, due to the exciting features that it will provide.

The new Magi 1.3.1 wallet release is stellar, and truly demonstrates that there is a good dev behind it and a solid community supporting it. That is to say, I will continue to buy and hold Magi for the long term, as this is one of those cryptocurrencies out there that you don't want to miss out. The thing that I like most about Magi is that it allows any average person to get up and running to mine some coins. Just sharing my thoughts.  Grin

The positivity I've seen around magi so far this year is great - lots of new people joining the community - roadmap forming - new wallet - new development plans - market cap gains - additional exposure, all the right ticks in are in the right boxes for further growth.
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:46:51 PM

Mining away like a boss on my i5, i3, and even my little netbook lol. Just wondering, are there any thoughts of a GOU miner or is that not possible at this point?
To much hashrate will bring the blockreward down. So not at this point.
Got ya, so its a possibility, just not a good idea at this point. Due to there being no GPU miner currently available, do we have any idea what the diff between CPU and GPU mining would be? Would it be a massive difference like scrypt? or something like XMR where CPU mining is still somewhat feasible even with GPU mining available? Im sorry, I cant remember the actual term for the relationship between CPU and GPU hashrates.

There are many sayings about GPU miners, while it's obviously not published anywhere and thus no clue the difference between them. In any cases, we're working on this regard, and have to come to a conclusion at some time soon as I'd expect. 
Fair enough answer Smiley I wish I could be of assistance in determining the actual hash rate ratio difference between cpu and gpu, but not a c, c++ dev so I of very little use lol. But I will absolutely keep my few cpu's running and anxiously await the answer when it comes to light Smiley
hentzikov

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:51:14 PM

I've looked through release notes, front page, and coinmarketcap.com, and am still unsure of the total supply of XMG. Could someone please confirm the total supply? Looks like an interesting project to get excited about. Thanks!
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 08:57:30 PM

I've looked through release notes, front page, and coinmarketcap.com, and am still unsure of the total supply of XMG. Could someone please confirm the total supply? Looks like an interesting project to get excited about. Thanks!
Welcome hentzikov in our awesome Magi community.
Magi team is working on updates or new OP (front page)
Where did you checked the total supply?

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
hentzikov

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:11:39 PM

The original post in this thread says 25 million and coinmarketcap.com says 6.6 million. I'm just looking for an overall total count just so I can look at the market and make an investment decision. Thanks!
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 09:35:42 PM

The original post in this thread says 25 million and coinmarketcap.com says 6.6 million. I'm just looking for an overall total count just so I can look at the market and make an investment decision. Thanks!
Coingecko also says: Magi (XMG) has current circulating supply of 6.61 Million.
The 25 million will be the total coins what can be reached in lots of mining years. Hope my answer is correct. Otherwise dev will give you a better (englisch) answer. Smiley

sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 10:25:50 PM

Coingecko also says: Magi (XMG) has current circulating supply of 6.61 Million.
The 25 million will be the total coins what can be reached in lots of mining years. Hope my answer is correct. Otherwise dev will give you a better (englisch) answer. Smiley

Yup, 6.61 M is correct. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 04:04:02 AM

u can easy dedect such copycoins if they only split endless and never start to merge and users have to merge manually

one part that lead to many copycoins have this not configured proper is a code comment that read "dont touch this"
and any copycoin coder did this didnt touch this line and fucked up his coin POS behavior

its not like  PPC and NVC the first two POS coins and sunny king its creator wanted to make it easy copy their POS
and so they leave  their traps in their code that many copycoin coder did fall in

Well, truthfully this section really shouldn't be touched, and merging staking should be disabled. Imagine one owns 25% + 25% coins in two lines, combining them into a single line would cause potential attacks. This is why general PoS coins in a small scale can fork that easy.

The thing is that splitting and merging are not part of PoS protocol. Without having them in the protocol is definitely a deficiency of the PoS. It's quite doable for advanced users to modify the code and enable them without a need of hard fork. I'd vote that the so-called cloud staking does this kind of things.

Staking into dust is really a good thing to the healthy of the coin, but of course not good to the wealthy of people. 

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 05:13:01 AM

Thanks for being with the coin for years.  Smiley

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 05:30:42 AM

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 05:37:58 AM

I initiated a broadcast over the magi's network that all clients with protocol version before 71050 and wallet version before v1.3.0 shall need to upgrade to v1.3.1:

Code:
URGENT: upgrade to v1.3.1 required; see coinmagi.org/bin/upgrade

This warning will be gone once upgrade is accomplished.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 08:41:52 AM

Bittrex wallet is under maintenance - maybe that means they are upgrading to the latest version of the wallet - good news that they are reacting quickly if so =)
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 09:01:28 AM

Bittrex wallet is under maintenance - maybe that means they are upgrading to the latest version of the wallet - good news that they are reacting quickly if so =)
Yes they are informed to update the wallets! Wink
Thanks to Joe.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 10:08:07 AM

Well, truthfully this section really shouldn't be touched, and merging staking should be disabled. Imagine one owns 25% + 25% coins in two lines, combining them into a single line would cause potential attacks. This is why general PoS coins in a small scale can fork that easy.

The thing is that splitting and merging are not part of PoS protocol. Without having them in the protocol is definitely a deficiency of the PoS. It's quite doable for advanced users to modify the code and enable them without a need of hard fork. I'd vote that the so-called cloud staking does this kind of things.

Staking into dust is really a good thing to the healthy of the coin, but of course not good to the wealthy of people. 

we talking not about the same things
yes split/merge mechanics are walletside only and not checked by network
yes that is a security disadvantage

still that even more rise the need that the default settings for normal users are optimized in a way
that create a healthy POS enviroment which keep POS difficulty high and make sure chainstaking from one single source is not happening.
this things also can be heavy influenced by the min age max weight options

u are aware of the issues and u are aware that the XMG solution isnt perfect but still way better than many coins with split endless

another possible way to handle POS is like NEXUS solved it by combine it with a trust feature that reward active nodes and which have also mechanism included against chainstaking

many possible paths also possible improve the own branch of POS logic XMG uses

but nothing wrong by look left and right and use the best ideas to improve POS

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
rotzbouf

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 10:41:26 AM

very well organized wallet design. I like it.

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛
starmman
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 11:00:28 AM

Yes they are informed to update the wallets! Wink
Thanks to Joe.

I suspect that nova are doing the same - their wallet is also in maintenance. I didn't spot the Polo wallets being upgraded yet though, this release has been much smoother than a lot of other coins I've been monitoring =)
ex33s

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:18:12 PM

https://poolinfo.systms.org is now fully operational. Wallet information is now visible from the site and updated.

Also made som minor adjustments to the css to improve the sites responsiveness. Some html elements was causing an horizontal scrollbar when using devices with small width.

Pages: « 1 ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 [734] 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: