Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:21:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 [739] 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375332 times)
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 05:51:41 AM

@cryptonit, Many thanks for that.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
sylph93

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:01:52 AM

JFYI informed chainz and they resync explorer now

seems ur XMG magi explorer have an issue https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/
maybe resync from last chain http://coinmagi.org/bin/block-chain/
use latest wallet https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0#post_walletdownloads
delete peers.dat and make sure u use the recommended addnodes

addnode=104.128.225.215
addnode=104.128.225.240
addnode=104.128.225.241
addnode=104.131.42.100
addnode=216.189.144.186
addnode=216.189.144.211
addnode=216.189.144.212

Hi, updated & now resynchronizing the wallet

Now Chainz is online. Thanks. Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
rotzbouf

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:14:18 AM

Can anyone explain me or give me further information on how to solo mine with other devices on a different location to the same Wallet?
Do i need to instal the Wallet on every device and import my wallet.dat to do so or is there an other option to point devices directly to it?

Following the guide by Elar, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg17899424#msg17899424; modify magi.conf to have the following (no square brackets):

Code:
rpcallowip=[IP of your PC that will run miner]

restart the wallet in order to reload magi.conf, then run the miner (no square brackets),

Code:
./m-minerd --url http://[IP of your PC that runs the wallet or magid]:8232 --user magi --pass 12345 --threads 4 -e 100

This should work.

*FACEPALM*
Im stupid...
Found the issue, fixed, now it is working well thank you!

Would be good to know what your actual problem was and how you fixed it. In case someone else comes accross the same problem, he would only find "I fixed it" as solution which is absolutely unhelpful in any way.

The exact soulution is what joelao95 posted, the problem was that i have interchanged some of the ips... Still Facepalm.  Grin Grin If you want to set it up within a home or office network you can simply follow that guide, but make sure you dont mess up your ips  Wink. If you want to connect from other locations thru the router you probably need a permanent ip4 adress and some forwarding in the router but i havent played arround with it yet.

Thanks for sharing your solution Smiley Maybe this will help some ppl with similar issue.
Port-Forwarding is actually quite easy, I guess if you google the model of your router you will find good guides for doing so.

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛
preble

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:36:13 AM

Call me optimistic but I can't see why magi won't compete with the monero, dash, and eth of the world.
Visi0n4ry

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:45:08 AM

Can anyone explain me or give me further information on how to solo mine with other devices on a different location to the same Wallet?
Do i need to instal the Wallet on every device and import my wallet.dat to do so or is there an other option to point devices directly to it?

Following the guide by Elar, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg17899424#msg17899424; modify magi.conf to have the following (no square brackets):

Code:

restart the wallet in order to reload magi.conf, then run the miner (no square brackets),

Code:
./m-minerd --url http://[IP of your PC that runs the wallet or magid]:8232 --user magi --pass 12345 --threads 4 -e 100

This should work.

*FACEPALM*
Im stupid...

Would be good to know what your actual problem was and how you fixed it. In case someone else comes accross the same problem, he would only find "I fixed it" as solution which is absolutely unhelpful in any way.

The exact soulution is what joelao95 posted, the problem was that i have interchanged some of the ips... Still Facepalm.  Grin Grin If you want to set it up within a home or office network you can simply follow that guide, but make sure you dont mess up your ips  Wink. If you want to connect from other locations thru the router you probably need a permanent ip4 adress and some forwarding in the router but i havent played arround with it yet.

Thanks for sharing your solution Smiley Maybe this will help some ppl with similar issue.
Port-Forwarding is actually quite easy, I guess if you google the model of your router you will find good guides for doing so.

I dont fear the port forwarding in the router the question is, is it possible to just put the router IP into the magi.conf and use portforwarding to appear with the router ip at the Wallet because if you need to put the real ip of the connecting device into wallet.conf you need a non dynamic adress i guess. Next problem will be to connect to IP6. I will try arround if i find some time to do so.
I wonder how pools connect to their wallet since they probably need to pool all the ips to one that connects to the wallet too.
I still have a verry basic knowledge of this stuff and the most of the time it comes to guessing and trying things out rather than definately knowing how it does work.
a335233459

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

http://sonm.io/img/btt/btt_avatar.png

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:47:24 AM

The number of transactions is not optimistic

SpectivVR                                                Crowdsale: 8/14 - 9/4
VR Streaming Platform & Attention Markets                  [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Slack  |  Twitter  |  LinkedIn  |  Medium  |  Facebook  |  Instagram
Visi0n4ry

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:52:25 AM

Call me optimistic but I can't see why magi won't compete with the monero, dash, and eth of the world.

In my opinion it has to do a lot with the marketing machinery behind those projects, especialy Dash.

But i look postive towards the future, since the new wallet has been released it seems like a lot of people that only followed the Forum are now active (me included)
Also the network seems to get bigger pretty fast at the moment according to https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/#!network and the actual average hashrate.
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 08:55:50 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 02:32:19 PM by groggin

Code:

Code:

This should work.

*FACEPALM*
Im stupid...

The exact soulution is what joelao95 posted, the problem was that i have interchanged some of the ips... Still Facepalm.  Grin Grin If you want to set it up within a home or office network you can simply follow that guide, but make sure you dont mess up your ips  Wink. If you want to connect from other locations thru the router you probably need a permanent ip4 adress and some forwarding in the router but i havent played arround with it yet.

I dont fear the port forwarding in the router the question is, is it possible to just put the router IP into the magi.conf and use portforwarding to appear with the router ip at the Wallet because if you need to put the real ip of the connecting device into wallet.conf you need a non dynamic adress i guess. Next problem will be to connect to IP6. I will try arround if i find some time to do so.
I wonder how pools connect to their wallet since they probably need to pool all the ips to one that connects to the wallet too.
I still have a verry basic knowledge of this stuff and the most of the time it comes to guessing and trying things out rather than definately knowing how it does work.

https://portforward.com/

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
rotzbouf

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 09:32:16 AM

maybe you could try with a service such as dyndns or no-ip to map your dynamic public ip to a domain name with which you could connect to the wallet from outside, but i don't know if putting domain names in config is working.

П    |⧛ ☛  Join the signature campaign and earn free PI daily!  ✅ |⧛    П
|⧛         ☛  PiCoin - get in now  ✅     ☛ No ICO!  ✅          |⧛
darkchan

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:15:10 AM

I don't setting mint (staking) but why my wallet auto staking? how I fix it? thanks for reply
Visi0n4ry

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:31:46 AM

I don't setting mint (staking) but why my wallet auto staking? how I fix it? thanks for reply

Do you use m-core:1.3.1 ?
If yes you can klick on Mint -> Disable PoS Minting
To turn auto PoS off klick Help -> Edit Magi.conf -> Strg F -> put posii=1 into the search line and set it to 0 in the config file. Save and exit, restart Wallet.

To do it manual at Windows 10 navigate To: My Computer -> type C:\Users\[your windows username]\AppData\Roaming\Magi\magi.conf without [] Choose editor from the app list.
Or just %appdata% navigate to magi and open magi.conf with editor. -> Strg F -> put posii=1 into the search line and set it to 0 in the config file. Save and exit, restart Wallet.

If you set a passphrase and just have your wallet open without unlocking it, PoS is also disabled.

But there is no reason to disable it in my opinion since it does not cause havy load on your system.

ex33s

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 11:56:13 AM

To turn auto PoS off klick Help -> Edit Magi.conf -> Strg F -> put posii=1 into the search line and set it to 0 in the config file. Save and exit, restart Wallet.

To do it manual at Windows 10 navigate To: My Computer -> type C:\Users\[your windows username]\AppData\Roaming\Magi\magi.conf without [] Choose editor from the app list.
Or just %appdata% navigate to magi and open magi.conf with editor. -> Strg F -> put posii=1 into the search line and set it to 0 in the config file. Save and exit, restart Wallet.

If you set a passphrase and just have your wallet open without unlocking it, PoS is also disabled.

But there is no reason to disable it in my opinion since it does not cause havy load on your system.

Actually, I would say under normal usage there's no reason for it to be disabled. But if you run a service where you have transactions to and from that service. I would actually recommend it. But then we are talking about more special case.

Visi0n4ry

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:10:47 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 03:00:26 PM by Visi0n4ry

Actually, I would say under normal usage there's no reason for it to be disabled. But if you run a service where you have transactions to and from that service. I would actually recommend it. But then we are talking about more special case.

Makes sense i have to admit that i didn't considered this.
It for sure can be problematic when a big amount of coins is locked in stake if you have a lot of transactions in and especially out.

ex33s

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 12:33:45 PM

Makes sense i have to admit that i didn't considered this.
It for sure can be problematic when a big ammount of coins is locked in stake if you have a lot of transactions in and especially out.

It all depends on what kind of service you run and how you run it. Smiley

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 01:15:41 PM

Wow our Magi thread is very active. I need some reading up. Keep up the good work all!

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Visi0n4ry

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 03:55:54 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2017, 07:58:07 PM by Visi0n4ry

Maybe some one might need it, so i would like to share my solution to startup and hide miner in addition to startup and hide wallet for solo mining, it can also be used to autostart and hide miner while pool mining.

I use this to reload everything after a windows update or restart for whatever reason.
Also it hides the miner so it is only visible in the task manager because i dont want it in in my face, or getting accidently closed while doing other stuff on the device.  
(Do a test run with a normal start of the bat file before using the script to make sure everything is setup right in the miner itself.)

To create the script we first need to show the file name extensions.

On Windows 10
Start Windows Explorer, you can do this by opening up any folder.
Click Organize.
In the right top corner check show file name extensions.

On Windows 7
Start Windows Explorer, you can do this by opening up any folder.
Click Organize.
Click Folder and search options.
Click the View tab.
Scroll down until you notice Hide extensions for known file types, un-check this line by clicking the check box.

Now we Create [Yourfilename].txt

Copy paste this in your .txt file and eddit the information related to your device without [].
(rename the point \run.bat to the name of the .bat you use to start your miner.)

Code:
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
cmds=WshShell.RUN("C:\[the file path to your Minerd]\run.bat", 0, False)
Set WshShell = Nothing

Safe and exit.
Now rename the file from [Yourfilename].txt to [Yourfilename].vbs

Double klick and open the task Manager, check if your miner is runing with high cpu load. It it dies everything is fine.

To put it into autostart press Windows Key+R and copy paste
Code:
shell:startup
Copy [Yourfilename].vbs into the folder.
Restart Device and check Task manager for miner process.

For solo mining put a shortcut of m-wallet.exe into the autostart or simply check Start magi on system login in the wallet Configuration tab. You also can hide it into the info tab next to you clock by checking the Option in tue configuration.

Kindly note that this only will work when your miner itself already is set up right.
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 04:50:23 PM

Wow our Magi thread is very active. I need some reading up. Keep up the good work all!
Haha, I'm struggling to keep up with the thread too this week as I'm not in the country. It's great to see so many posts =)
MilkandPie4U

Activity: 173
Merit: 151

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 05:16:58 PM

There is really good reason to have it set to off POSii=0 , if this is now hard coded in the new wallet XMG as posii=1 its just asking for forks,  The chain must be fully synced before the wallet enters POS.

Once a fork happens it is choas, exchanges lock down wallets, pools stop. Thinking I should look start looking different coins now if this is not addressed.

Visi0n4ry

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 06:32:37 PM

There is really good reason to have it set to off POSii=0 , if this is now hard coded in the new wallet XMG as posii=1 its just asking for forks,  The chain must be fully synced before the wallet enters POS.

Once a fork happens it is choas, exchanges lock down wallets, pools stop. Thinking I should look start looking different coins now if this is not addressed.

Well i only can speak for myself but when i installed the new wallet i had to manual enable PoS after the first start and i still have to on every start, even with posii=1 in config.

ex33s

View Profile
February 21, 2017, 07:15:30 PM

Well, the POSii is enabled by default as a setting, not hardcoded. Besides staking should not happen until your wallet is ready to actually stake, which includes a fully synced blockchain. But to be sure it's best to let joelao95 answer this properly.

Pages: « 1 ... 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 [739] 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: