Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:00:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375323 times)
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:39:08 PM

I'm trying to compile the latest version pulled from https://github.com/magi-project/magi.git,  building qt on ubuntu , need some help. I had no problems with v1.3 on this box

This is the error:

src/qt/guiutil.cpp:33:25: fatal error: QJsonDocument: No such file or directory
 #include <QJsonDocument>
                         ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/guiutil.o] Error 1

It seems the Json is not available to the compiler with that error. You are not using Ubuntu? What are you using?

Yes I'm using Ubuntu but I was using QT4 not QT5 ---- gotta use QT5 someone needs to update the build instructions -

It compiled fine now using QT5 btw if you dont know what version of qt on the machine is default use ~ qmake -v

hi, same error Wink seems nobody puts hands to update and for newbies it's some time need to put lot of effort to understand how to deploy correctly.

Thanks.
We are working on it. Or join slack there are smart guys who might help you directly.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Mika92

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:02:32 PM

Hi there! I bought some Magi back in April and left them on my desktop wallet. Is it enough to do a backup file of the wallet and at some point around mid of January just opening the backup in the new wallet after the hard fork? Or will I lose all my coins then?
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:05:10 PM

Hi there! I bought some Magi back in April and left them on my desktop wallet. Is it enough to do a backup file of the wallet and at some point around mid of January just opening the backup in the new wallet after the hard fork? Or will I lose all my coins then?
No thats ok. Your coins will be safe with the backup!

hamishmorley

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:05:52 PM

Why have the fork at block 1606950 instead of sooner?? At this rate it’s going to take ages!
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:15:17 PM

Why have the fork at block 1606950 instead of sooner?? At this rate it’s going to take ages!
Magi likes to give pools, exchanges enough time for updating. Some exchanges also have rules about coin-updates. At this moment the only thing what can make the period shorter is more miners!

abraxsis

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:18:15 PM

According to the explorer today there was 23,866.753 XMG extracted. Where is all that going? If the pools are down?
SolsticeFV

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:30:44 PM

I want to buy some XMG but bittrex is taking days for them to verify me and I can't find any other site. Does anyone know a place to buy it relatively easily or can buy some for me? I would greatly appreciate it. I want $50-100 worth only.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz

Another good exchange with XMG

Oh I heard of them, but have you used them? I heard a lot of people complaining about withdraw issues and I didn't want to risk it.

I've been using 'topia for over a year and didn't have any issues with them yet...

(Best support I've seen)

I bought 50 XMG on there today exchanging LTC for it.

I bought the LTC on Coinbase with USD, then transferred it to Cryptopia to buy with. Transfer took about 12 minutes to verify. Was a lot cheaper in transaction fees to use LTC instead of BTC to send from Coinbase.

Didn't have any issues.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:35:59 PM

I want to buy some XMG but bittrex is taking days for them to verify me and I can't find any other site. Does anyone know a place to buy it relatively easily or can buy some for me? I would greatly appreciate it. I want $50-100 worth only.

Oh I heard of them, but have you used them? I heard a lot of people complaining about withdraw issues and I didn't want to risk it.

I've been using 'topia for over a year and didn't have any issues with them yet...

(Best support I've seen)

I bought the LTC on Coinbase with USD, then transferred it to Cryptopia to buy with. Transfer took about 12 minutes to verify. Was a lot cheaper in transaction fees to use LTC instead of BTC to send from Coinbase.

Didn't have any issues.
Nice thanks for sharing this!👍

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:37:18 PM

According to the explorer today there was 23,866.753 XMG extracted. Where is all that going? If the pools are down?
http://luckypool.ml/index.php
Is still working

abraxsis

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:37:24 PM

(Best support I've seen)

Didn't have any issues.

If you have a GDAX account you can Xfer BTC to them for free from Coinbase, and then Xfer someplace else from GDAX for free. They pay the transmission fees right now. Only have to adhere to the 1 Free Xfer / hour rule.
steven_ik

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:38:51 PM

eeey guys, now the pools are not working i changed my pc up to do some solo mining.
i only have no clue if i'm doing it right. when i start the mining in gives a message "No payout address provided, switching to getwork"
is this normal? and is it also normal that there are no shares accepted?

sorry i'm new to the party ^^
ibgeek

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:46:14 PM

it's really the same system as almost every other digital currency except it has staking, please just read a bitcoin for dummies, or the bitcoin for 5 year olds webpage. I'm amazed people are mining this currency and then questioning how to turn it into cash, you should really get a basic understanding of cryptocurrencies, exchanges (this is where you swap to btc or ltc), and mining before you start. If you want a profit actually check its possible with your hashrates, electricity usage, and electricity price, or if your just doing it for fun or to support the coin make sure you have chosen the right one for you. And im not sure what other information you would need for the coin other than what is posted on the website http://www.m-core.org/resources/, most of the mining software is coded by the community and doesnt come with any other documentation than what is on the github for the download or forum post they release it on. You's really need to learn what cryptocurrency is, and how mining and exchanges work, then you wont need any specific documentation on the coin, you will understand their resource page and whether its a coin you want to support/trade/mine.

Hey first of all, thank you for calling the folks that are just getting started in the MAGI community idiots.  That's extremely helpful!   I'm sure we'll all be super excited to ask questions in the future.

You said a lot of words above... most meant nothing to me.   But ok, I'll go study a coin that I have no intention of ever mining so that it might help be understand the one that I am.  That makes perfect sense to me.
Or perhaps someone might consider the fact that it might be a good idea to create a proper manual for THIS currency.   Especially since this one is CPU Mined meaning that things like Electricity/GPU... are far less important or not relevant at all.

If anyone would like to post something constructive, I am all ears.

Tony

realbagdad

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:47:44 PM

(Best support I've seen)

Didn't have any issues.

I wish I did this, I ended up using BTC so the fees were pretty high. But I did buy at a good time, and the recent spike paid for the fees. However, cryptopia says "Unable to generate address" so I hope my coins are okay there. Does anyone know why they haven't updated and when they will? There's no risk for my coins right? I don't know what it means if they have no address for me.
oVPN

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 10:52:18 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 06:18:56 AM by oVPN

we can reach forking block faster: set your clocks to 1h55min in future and your wallet will start staking and you'll help to reach the target block.

as always: backup your wallet before trying this approach!

staking difficulty is f* low and our wallet started staking instantly.

oVPN.to Anonymous Services
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:22:30 PM

Pardon me for being a total noob and ignorant but I would like some more info or user's docs for the software. Being a noob it is quite complcated to me. Tnx in advance. If there is a better place to find this stuff out or ask questions please let me know. :-)

I'd have to agree.   I feel like I'm a fairly quick study (been a sysadmin for 18 years) but all of the documentation that I've been able to find makes the assumption that you already have a basic understanding of things.

I can't even find info on how I'm supposed to turn these coins in to actual money in my bank account. 
You are right. Magi will work on easy guides & welcome in our friendly Magi community!😉

SolsticeFV

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:45:57 PM

Pardon me for being a total noob and ignorant but I would like some more info or user's docs for the software. Being a noob it is quite complcated to me. Tnx in advance. If there is a better place to find this stuff out or ask questions please let me know. :-)

I'd have to agree.   I feel like I'm a fairly quick study (been a sysadmin for 18 years) but all of the documentation that I've been able to find makes the assumption that you already have a basic understanding of things.

I can't even find info on how I'm supposed to turn these coins in to actual money in my bank account. 
You are right. Magi will work on easy guides & welcome in our friendly Magi community!😉

My basic understanding is that Magi is available to trade on 2 exchanges that have any real volume. I very well may not know other possible ways if someone else wants to add to this. Exchanges listed in order by volume of XMG:

1. Bittrex
2. Cryptopia

Bitrex is closed to new users right now leaving Cryptopia unless you already have a Bittrex account.

Basically, you send your XMG to your account to one of those 2 exchanges. Trade it there for BTC, BCH, LTC or ETH.  Send the results of the trade to your GDAX account. Sell it on GDAX for USD. Withdraw the USD to your linked bank account. Takes about 7 days to hit your bank.

I do not know of any way to cash out AltCoins other than trading them for coins on an exchange that GDAX or Coinbase will let you sell for USD.

I have seen bitcoin ATMs around and found that they misrepresent the current price of the coins. For example, I went to one in Raleigh NC when the current price was around $14,000 for BTC. To buy from the ATM with USD the ATM was claiming the current price was almost $17,000. Supposedly, the ATM would also let you get cash for your BTC... which I am sure they were playing games with the pricing as well for that.

Here is a link to an ATM map. https://coinatmradar.com/
Jeremy450

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:47:39 PM

(Best support I've seen)

Are you able to exchange immediately after deposit? Or is there some extra verification/hidden rules? I remember Bittrex asks for basic verification, and then when you verify, it always fails and says now you need to verify something else (and your information gets locked there). So I hope you understand extra caution before I deposit some money, and I hope you can share your experience since you haven't had any issues.

Just like me i have 143 coins on bittrex and i cant do anything cos i dam waiting for them to verify me as my verification kept failing its so annoying and now still waiting for support to get back tme. im like what id do you need i cant drive and my passport costs too much to renew. accept the dam government photo id already!!!!!!
Foo_Plinger

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:37:26 AM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 02:52:08 AM by Foo_Plinger

it's really the same system as almost every other digital currency except it has staking, please just read a bitcoin for dummies, or the bitcoin for 5 year olds webpage. I'm amazed people are mining this currency and then questioning how to turn it into cash, you should really get a basic understanding of cryptocurrencies, exchanges (this is where you swap to btc or ltc), and mining before you start. If you want a profit actually check its possible with your hashrates, electricity usage, and electricity price, or if your just doing it for fun or to support the coin make sure you have chosen the right one for you. And im not sure what other information you would need for the coin other than what is posted on the website http://www.m-core.org/resources/, most of the mining software is coded by the community and doesnt come with any other documentation than what is on the github for the download or forum post they release it on. You's really need to learn what cryptocurrency is, and how mining and exchanges work, then you wont need any specific documentation on the coin, you will understand their resource page and whether its a coin you want to support/trade/mine.

Hey first of all, thank you for calling the folks that are just getting started in the MAGI community idiots.  That's extremely helpful!   I'm sure we'll all be super excited to ask questions in the future.

You said a lot of words above... most meant nothing to me.   But ok, I'll go study a coin that I have no intention of ever mining so that it might help be understand the one that I am.  That makes perfect sense to me.
Or perhaps someone might consider the fact that it might be a good idea to create a proper manual for THIS currency.   Especially since this one is CPU Mined meaning that things like Electricity/GPU... are far less important or not relevant at all.

Tony

So glad someone called that AssH*** GlutePortal out on his post.
My9bot

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:47:08 AM

Tony

So glad someone called that AssH*** out on his post.

You're not better!
pls dont call someone AssH***

I'm better with code than with words-SatoshiNakamoto
Espers [ESP]SiteOnBlockchain
GAZK

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:07:10 AM

My basic understanding is that Magi is available to trade on 2 exchanges that have any real volume. I very well may not know other possible ways if someone else wants to add to this. Exchanges listed in order by volume of XMG:

1. Bittrex
2. Cryptopia

Bitrex is closed to new users right now leaving Cryptopia unless you already have a Bittrex account.

Basically, you send your XMG to your account to one of those 2 exchanges. Trade it there for BTC, BCH, LTC or ETH.  Send the results of the trade to your GDAX account. Sell it on GDAX for USD. Withdraw the USD to your linked bank account. Takes about 7 days to hit your bank.

I do not know of any way to cash out AltCoins other than trading them for coins on an exchange that GDAX or Coinbase will let you sell for USD.

I have seen bitcoin ATMs around and found that they misrepresent the current price of the coins. For example, I went to one in Raleigh NC when the current price was around $14,000 for BTC. To buy from the ATM with USD the ATM was claiming the current price was almost $17,000. Supposedly, the ATM would also let you get cash for your BTC... which I am sure they were playing games with the pricing as well for that.

Here is a link to an ATM map. https://coinatmradar.com/

When I sell XMG, I sell it on Bittrex in exchange for BTC.
Then I transfer the BTC to Gemini and sell it for USD.
Next I send USD to my bank account from Gemini.

I’ve also used Coinbase in the past for selling BTC, but they jacked up their fees a while back so I went to Gemini.  I’ve had nothing but good experiences so far with Gemini.  The selling fee is much, much lower on Gemini than it is with Coinbase. Transactions that were costing me $2.99 on Coinbase, cost me only $0.20 at Gemini.  Withdrawals of USD to my bank account have also been showing up in 1 day quite often lately. They state that it takes 2-3 business days, but the last 5 or 6 withdrawals have shown up in my bank account the next day.
Pages: « 1 ... 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 [1079] 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: