Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:03:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375265 times)
HeftyMagi

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:27:27 PM

Buying XMG is much more profitable than mining, for many years already.
That's why I only mined in the very, yes very, beginning.
All these newbie whales want to earn "money for nothing", well those times are gone for a long time.
You are all too late guys  Grin
Mining is only profitable in the very first weeks of a new coin. That was 4 years ago.

i mined also 4 yrs ago, and that is true for every coin but i mined zcl last few days and converted to more xmgs than all pools earned since HF with profit so you can always mine with profit but gpus is the way to go, cpu mining doesnt give you any flexibility
anyway will mine magi with one i7 when nethash normalize below 50mhs to support Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:28:02 PM

Jeremy450,

I would like to respond to this. Magi is meant for ordinary miners. What I am wondering is why big minors keep on mining xmg. If they go for money, there are other coins that gain more money if they use huge miningpower.
So maybe its just an an attempt to disrupt our friendly strong community.
Thats not going to work. Magi community grew huge in the last 3,5 years.

Without offending someone, this is a discussion that has taken place much earlier in this forum. Given the participants in this discussion (many newbies) I can imagine that not everyone is aware of this.
But think you made your point here. Great responses followed from different poolowners. Thats great community spirit

If you ask Magi team what we should stand up & do something about it and its not rocket-science than maybe you should stop with quote some many posts with your own comment & posts how it should be done!

Personal i'am not avoiding your question or remarks. The whole Magi team likes to receive feedback even if it is critical. We all can learn about it. Looking at your latest 15 posts it all about the same subject.

Nobody ever called me blind or said i don't care about the future of Magi. I ask you to look neatly in the mirror and ask yourself what you can do to improve the future for Magi.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
tazzz013

Activity: 118

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:35:52 PM

Jeremy450,

I would like to respond to this. Magi is meant for ordinary miners. What I am wondering is why big minors keep on mining xmg. If they go for money, there are other coins that gain more money if they use huge miningpower.

Without offending someone, this is a discussion that has taken place much earlier in this forum. Given the participants in this discussion (many newbies) I can imagine that not everyone is aware of this.
But think you made your point here. Great responses followed from different poolowners. Thats great community spirit

If you ask Magi team what we should stand up & do something about it and its not rocket-science than maybe you should stop with quote some many posts with your own comment & posts how it should be done!

Personal i'am not avoiding your question or remarks. The whole Magi team likes to receive feedback even if it is critical. We all can learn about it. Looking at your latest 15 posts it all about the same subject.

Nobody ever called me blind or said i don't care about the future of Magi. I ask you to look neatly in the mirror and ask yourself what you can do to improve the future for Magi.

Well said !
Jeremy450

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:37:22 PM

Jeremy450,

i and others have already given suggestions and input on the coin and what can be done to combat whats happening to the coin in past and present and possibly the future. one of the main point i'm trying to impress onto the developer is  better communication with the community. we dont expect you to tell us your life story. like thoughts on what has been talked about the suggestions and input from all the members of the coin. Even what you guys are doing to try and limit or disband the attack (whalers on the network)

You like feedback and so does the community like Feedback from the developers.

by the way i like my phases and saying it what keeps me and other people ground cos there is always truth in them
HeftyMagi

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:50:46 PM

Jeremy450,

You guys did everything great in last few weeks HF, wallets, fast fixes you deserved week of good sleep Smiley and not to be attacked by guy who is angry bc he is not biggest hasher on the pool
auskevin

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:57:17 PM

Jeremy450,

For my part stay with the concept and intent of fairness for one. Try to enter an exchange when possible and set myself up to provide some service to people around me and promote payment or tips in XMG. If other crypto then a way to convert that into XMG. Try to support dialog and feedback in a hopefully helpful and respectful manner.
goldlabel

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 06:00:19 PM

No No No im not going to awnser this kind of ignorance Tongue
Jeremy450

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:03:00 PM

Jeremy450,

You guys did everything great in last few weeks HF, wallets, fast fixes you deserved week of good sleep Smiley and not to be attacked by guy who is angry bc he is not biggest hasher on the pool

LOL i wish. But yeah sorry mate i maybe not on the speed limiting pools, i'm on minerclaim (feel free to look me up) but i'm obeying the limits that other pools are using. My total hashes doesnt exceed 265kh total. my average hash rate is 242kh (currently doing 237). Sorry mate you got the info wrong there. unlike one people who i wont mention he is doing 1000kh on minerclaim

if i didnt want to obey the limits. i could do 623kh/s. but in this situation the coin needs to helped not hindered
GAZK

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:11:04 PM

Jeremy450,

LOL i wish. But yeah sorry mate i maybe not on the speed limiting pools, i'm on minerclaim (feel free to look me up) but i'm obeying the limits that other pools are using. My total hashes doesnt exceed 265kh total. my average hash rate is 242kh (currently doing 237). Sorry mate you got the info wrong there. unlike one people who i wont mention he is doing 1000kh on minerclaim

if i didnt want to obey the limits. i could do 623kh/s. but in this situation the coin needs to helped not hindered

We got the 1800kh quote from YOU, sir.
ibgeek

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:18:20 PM

Jeremy450,

1      kakaeli           8,361   6.980
2      my9bot           2,255   1.883
3      anonymous   2,183   1.822
4      anonymous   1,043   0.871
5      drmarian              839   0.700
6      anonymous      658   0.549
7      runningwithbeer      611   0.510
8      gazk                      590   0.4

As of this poist.
Jeremy450

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:19:07 PM

Jeremy450,

thats another member
if you like i'll resay what i said and correct it too
theres 2 people in this forum who have replied to my msgs with smart aleck answers one doing currently just under 1000 and the other who has dropped his speed by 500kh to 1350kh

i'm not trying to cause issues, etc. but i hate it when people bluntly say smart aleck answers to make out they are not whalers, etc. and that magi is beyond them and they buy it, etc. But if you go looking on the pools you can easily spot them.
ex33s

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:26:23 PM

the whole point these pools are trying to help magi!!!!!!

other pool arent. and really its time for the developers to step in and do something about this.

Developers. cant you see how annoyed everyone is getting with this. Atleast we got pools who a trying to help your coin.

Now its your turn to do something

this is amid at you 111magic and joe! Especially 111magic who is actively avoiding any of this and answering trivial comments.

if the pools and the developers actually joined forces it isnt hard to do changes where by only registered pools are allowed on the magi network and allow miners to mine
then that way the pools can help enforce the limitations and everyone can actually fairly mine and earn which in turns boosts the magi network and its rank in the market and earnings for all.

Then for solo miners the only way to mine is through the wallet but have a hard code limit set in the wallet that way it reduces the the load on the network.

It isnt rocket science guys!!! theses changes arent too hard to integrate

by doing this it helps can take care of the network and stop this from happening again and protects the network from outside influence, etc.

and you know what this always does? it brings the community closer and empowers the magi coin further

if you cant see any of what i said you either dont care or are blinder then me who has 10% sight!!!!

this is my challenge to you 111magic and joe and the rest of the developers and the pools and for the community. Do we want to protect our coin or do want it say F**k IT and let the whalers take control!!!???

Why do you want to centralize the network (Only allowing register pools to operate, what about solo-miners)? In short - that's you suggestion? There is no way we are going down the path of centralization on a decentralized network.
The problem with us regulating who has the right to mine (or how to use it) is directly against the decentralization part.

The current way of controlling it now is to lower the block value (What each new block is worth) when magi is being mined like this without centralizing mining. The problem is there is no way of telling when a block is found that the block was created
by my, you, the good pool or the bad pool. Which lowers the block reward to the amount where it's not worth mining.

The best solution to this problem is information about how magi works and spread it to everyone. Tell them that if you mine in the sweetspot - everyone gots a bigger piece of the pie for the amount of work (your computer) you input, fair and square.

There is numerous post about this part earlier in the magi thread.

Sure - pool owners can decide if they want implement rules about limiting hash per use. The point is that it's theirs decision - It's their service.

ainsleyfran

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:29:54 PM

I can't install the wallet on my Windows 10 (x 64). Do I require any other software for it to work?
Jeremy450

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:31:14 PM

There's alot of great ppl here who are doing the right thing and trying to help reduce the hashrate. My hat goes off to you guys

but some yeah thats another story.
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:32:20 PM

I can't install the wallet on my Windows 10 (x 64). Do I require any other software for it to work?

What kind of error you see/have?

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Jeremy450

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:33:10 PM

should be able to extract the zip files and run the m-wallet file directly from the folder you extract it too. if you get a error message about not compatible or not a 32bit file then you might be running windows 10 32bit
oxothuk

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:40:53 PM

Jeremy450,
What I am wondering is why big minors keep on mining xmg. If they go for money, there are other coins that gain more money if they use huge miningpower.

They mine when coin profitable and switch to other when not. Nothing personal just money.  There is not a lot cpu only coins.

Guys who cry about big hashers:  I don`t think you want help community - you just want have more money with your lower hp.  But someone else always have more power than you and you hate them. Smiley  

PS: If you want create absolutely "fair" coin - stop mining and just give 1 coin for everyone by document ID , it will be fair.  
ParaplegicRacehorse

Activity: 79
Merit: 36

HODL. Patience.

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:42:14 PM

The best solution to this problem is information about how magi works and spread it to everyone. Tell them that if you mine in the sweetspot - everyone gots a bigger piece of the pie for the amount of work (your computer) you input, fair and square.

There is numerous post about this part earlier in the magi thread.

Thank you!

Can we see more of those how-it-works articles? Maybe we can redirect the forum thread away from whiney-miners onto a topic more interesting and generally more productive. I'd like to learn more about progress toward roadmap goals, governance, which system (PoW, PoS) has what job in chain, marketing, budgets and fund-raising, bounties ... anything! Wink

The mining-focused previous 20+ thread pages aren't usefully contributing to the future of the coin.

Actually, what would be really really super-groovy is a sort of about-the-devs Q&A.
- Who are you?
- Past projects and experience?
- Where you think CoinMagi will be next year, five years from now.
- Other interests besides crypto.
- How you got interested in crypto.
- etc.

And cross-post to the m-core blog, which has been stale for too long!
The Doktor

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

DOGEvangelist

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:44:03 PM

LOL i wish. But yeah sorry mate i maybe not on the speed limiting pools, i'm on minerclaim (feel free to look me up) but i'm obeying the limits that other pools are using. My total hashes doesnt exceed 265kh total. my average hash rate is 242kh (currently doing 237). Sorry mate you got the info wrong there. unlike one people who i wont mention he is doing 1000kh on minerclaim.

Go ahead and mention, I've given my hashrate earlier in this thread. And would not be using the same name as I do on this forum if I wanted to hide my activity.

I'll speak my peace a bit more clearly this time. Your constant crying isn't going to slow anyone down.  By constantly posting your repetitive complaints you are just reducing the signal-to-noise ratio in this thread. If you've got a better idea for a coin, please release it. You can call  it "Crybaby Coin". Otherwise, could you please STFU!

"In DOGE We Trust"
jjude80

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:44:29 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 06:59:13 PM by jjude80

Looking for a place to mine Magi?
Come to https://cryptotastic.net!!!
Not only are we a mining pool, I am trying build a fun community through Discord
https://discord.gg/PxCv68R

!!!Be Warned!!!
You must keep your total hash speed per wallet below 250 kh/s. 
And preferably at approximately 128 kh/s
I believe that all cpu miners allow you to limit how much cpu you are using per running session.
Either by overall cpu% or by number of threads(cores) and which ones to use per wallet session.
Need help configuring your miner, come to the discord channel and we will give you a hand.

We will not tolerate farms mining Magi.
You will be banned and your earning confiscated and restributed.

Not bad idea but you need to have some calculator of mid hash per user in intervals of 2 hours bc readings of the pool variate you cant ban someone bc of false reading at that moment, i was one of the guys who monitored 8 hours per day pom pool over the summer 2015 and it was loads of work i was checking hash every 5 mins, and calculated mid hash over interval of 2 hours per user.
If you have experience in coding you will be better to automate that process. Good luck Smiley

I say nothing about banning normal users breaking the limit.  will block them hoping they will come to my discord channel to ask why and help  them limit their speeds.  As of now I have not banned or blocked anyone running over 250 kh/s exept one farm. the others left on the own. I only say farms will be banned.  it pretty easy to see a farm when in one isntance 112 nodes running from the same ip and wallet. another example was 311 nodes also coming for the same ip and wallet address. 

Just to make my stance on this subject clear, I dont have a problem with farms on other coin in general.  Many of them can only be mined successfully that way.  It is only with magi I have a problem with farms.
Pages: « 1 ... 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 [1118] 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: