Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:29:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Blowing the lid off the CryptoNote/Bytecoin scam (with the exception of Monero)  (Read 132816 times)
me755

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:07:39 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 02:39:01 AM by me755

Any donation page to make Monero PR more organized? Let's work together toward the goal.

There is a thread for general Monero fund-raising here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=700400.0.

Thanks.

f.u
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:52:14 AM

... lots of nonsense.

Nowhere in your rambling did you manage to point out any verifiable wrong doing by the Monero devs.
If you consider "not being guilty of anything" a PR campaign, than I suppose Monero is guilty of that.

I find it rather humorous that Monero's lack of suspicious activity is causing all these new accounts to whine about faul play.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:10:40 AM

I'm biased as well, of course (I hold some BBR), but the one part that I disagree with the OP on is the boolberry.com mail issue.  For better or worse, I trust btc-mike on this one, and I _was_ following along in the forums when he got things set up.  Coincidences are possible, and it's possible that the same features that led the army-of-clones to pick Zoho also led btc-mike to suggest it as well.

I second that, btc-mike has nothing todo with the bcn fuckup.

And this is my problem with this thread. It is a banal attempt to throw everyone but Monero under the bus, and that includes some wild accusations and mud slinging at a legitimate project like BBR. OP also tries unsuccessfully trying to pass off as not shilling for MRO

For fucks sake, can everyone stop talking about fucking Monero! I have nothing to do with Monero. I had to write about Monero because it WAS launched by the CryptoNote developers as Bitmonero, so it was unavoidable.

Sure bro, you of course don't know what they're called or how many they are  Roll Eyes. If I am not mistaken, this line used to originally say "core team or whatever", wish there was a way to check this ...

but mostly because the "core devs" or whatever they're called are made up of reasonably well-known people. That there are a bunch of them (6 or 7?) plus a bunch of other people contributing code means that they're sanity checking each other.

OP has been buying XMR from the beginning, also holds some BBR. Tries to come too hard as a passive research level exposing scams (which by the way everyone and their brother knew already).

WTS 0.00145 / 1450 / 2.1025 BTC

!!!! Why didn't you tell me you were selling more, I told you to come to me first!!!!!

pm'ing you now:)

Just check his post history, full of getting into arguments with everyone else, including anyone that says anything good about BBR. Shilling at it's poorest.

This thread would have made sense, if there were people who would come out of the woodwork saying

"Hey I used to mine BCN/AEON/FCN/QCN/B.S CN coin mill coin, but thanks for exposing the lies. I am now going to mine XMR". No sorry this didn't happen. You know why it didn't happen? Because everyone fucking knew already. All we see are bagholders puppetting lines like "thanks for opening my eyes, thanks for doing the research" and other utter shill crap.

BBR is a legitimate project. Thanks for trying to throw it under the bus. Yah yah, shove your "I hold BBR" bullshit somewhere who fucking cares. We don't have to know how much of what you hold and how that influences your incessant shilling or trolling other coin threads trying to demean them on their face. Like that is supposed to bring in people to form consensus.

Go ahead and make a great project like XMR appear like a desperate pump-needed shill coin when it didn't need it. The people will come on their own. STOP BEING A FUCKING FUCKTARD.

+1

Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:32:30 AM

This is why I don't own XMR or any CN coin. The Monero trolls are everywhere, every coin thread Cryptonote or not, and why the fuck would I want to buy a coin when current coin owners are so desperate they feel the need to troll so dam much. Even smooth trolling the Bytecoin thread so fucking hard and he's part of the Monero team..seriously where do you guys get the time to troll so much? And you're actually hurting XMR not helping, it's just making this whole cluster fuck surrounding Cryptonote coins worse.
My conclusion, Cryptonote coins are all FUBAR

XMR has the biggest volume on poloniex and its the only coin that can rightfully replace bitcoin, it doesnt matter if you like it or not, XMR doesnt need your endorsement to keep growing, and it will.
Plus the fact you bash all CN coins and point only to "trolling" on Bytecoin threads, when the Bytecoin trolls are the worst pack of internet lemmings out there shows how biased you are, no one will take you seriously, Monero already decoupled from being merely another altcoin on a Bitcointalk thread, it now feeds on haters hate like Bitcoin...
Wow douche, I really wanna keep buying XMR now  Tongue

And fuck Bytecoin but I don't see their trolls in any threads, they aren't even here defending their scam. The Monero trolls are all over everywhere arrogantly attacking anything no Monero and insulting anyone who doesn't praise Monero as being the pinnacle of crypto currency.

It's pretty arrogant to think Monero is going to replace Bitcoin..and if you were that confident in it you wouldn't feel the need to so vehemently defend Monero, but hey no reason to not keep up the asshole act and attack anyone who questions Monero's superiority.

If you read any of my post before resorting to your usual "Monero rules" bullshit you would see I said Monero probably wins..and what has the price of Monero done since I posted that? Could that have been me accumulating...hmm  Roll Eyes

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:44:19 AM

Mindblowing.

Good work rethink-your-strategy.

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:52:19 PM

I knew it! Thank you rethink-your-strategy :-)

Cryptonote devs confirmed that BCN has community from the beginning, not as big as nowadays , but still there was a bcn community who mined it.
https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11&start=10

show me ANY page that exists before November 2013... the bytecoin.org is proven to be not existent!

Well, revision history shows that Bytecoin wiki page has been around since 2012
Prooflink: https://wiki.bytecoin.org/index.php?title=Structures&action=history

the page www.bytecoin.org shows also entries from 2012 that were not there last year:
http://web.archive.org/web/20131113093900/http://bytecoin.org/

so your link does also not proof, that this page was availabe. I am talking from ANOTHER page but the fakey bytecoin.org.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 12:10:08 AM

Mindblowing.

Good work rethink-your-strategy.
Indeed the thread is just amazing and takes a while to read and process (probably should read it 2-3 times).
I guess this is what caused the 'Monero FUD' threads to appear. Just one of the reasons why I hate when a forum isn't moderated enough.
Luckily I have stayed away from these coins, and missed some actually. I did invest a small amount into Monero just because I like it, and because I can.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hexah

Activity: 728
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 09:56:02 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 08:25:31 PM by Hexah

I have carefully read this publication several times and, you know, I’ve got the impression that someone is trying hard to impose upon us his point of view. Someone wants us to think in a certain way.    

I’ve tried to look at the whole situation as a bystander and posted below there are conclusions I’ve come to:  

1. It's obvious that someone is trying to discredit the CryptoNote technology along with all the CN-based coins.

CryptoNote team has published official statement yesterday https://cryptonote.org/news/archive

Greetings to all the members of the CryptoNote community and those who are interested in the technology. This message is our response to the recent developments and speculations within the CN community. Before we get to the point we’d like to reassert our firm commitment to the long-standing philosophy behind CryptoNote. Everything we do is for the sake of technology, and we take great joy as we progress towards our goal.

The initial efforts at CryptoNote development go back as far as 4 years. Some great minds were involved in its creation. More than two years ago the first implementations of CN technology were unleashed on the world of cryptocurrencies and from that moment forward the community that was forged around our vision and values grew exponentially.

What is currently going on within the CN community hardly resembles the harmonious state of mutual respect and synergy that once ruled over the CN coins. Someone clearly is instigating hostility. Moreover, the CryptoNote website has recently been exposed to illegal access by malicious users, which is absolutely unacceptable. Some data stored on cryptonote.org have been vandalized and is now temporary unavailable until the internal investigation is completed.

Having thoroughly reviewed the situation around certain CN currencies, the CryptoNote team would like to issue the following statement:

• It is the official position of CryptoNote that our technology has been created to bring positive changes into the current financial system by providing tools that have never existed before. The technology is what concerns us the most. We are not to be distracted or misled by the speculative rumors and strongly suggest you to follow suit.

• CryptoNote is not a cryptocurrency and has not been designed to be one. The only CryptoNote currency that the CryptoNote team officially endorses is CryptoNoteCoin, which has zero commercial value and serves educational purposes only.

• We consider all the name-calling and finger-pointing that has taken place on certain internet discussions as inappropriate and harmful to further development of the CryptoNote technology.
Over the years CryptoNote has had to overcome a great number of obstacles but those striving so desperately to deter the advance of new technologies are doomed to fail. We are strong believers in the power of innovation and there is no way to stop the CN development.
Discussion thread: https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=265&p=883#p883

Do you see this bold text? Think about it.

2. Someone tries to cause distrust and enmity between Monero and other CN-coins. "Divide et impera" is an old maxim.
 "with the exception of Monero" in the subject of this tread proves it better than everything else.

The question is: who is that "someone"? I have some thoughts on topic, but I don't want to publish them until I have enough evidence.
J1mb0

Activity: 983
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:14:10 AM

And fuck Bytecoin but I don't see their trolls in any threads, they aren't even here defending their scam. The Monero trolls are all over everywhere arrogantly attacking anything no Monero and insulting anyone who doesn't praise Monero as being the pinnacle of crypto currency.

Well you had better tell Fluffydonkey what has been going on around here because he claims total ignorance.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 10:20:50 AM

Well you had better tell Fluffydonkey what has been going on aroundd here because he claims total ignorance.

I've posted in this thread already clarifying our official position on this. Do you want me to link those posts or can you browse to them on your own?

EndlessWin

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:27:11 AM

I have carefully read this publication several times and, you know, I’ve got the impression that someone is trying hard to impose upon us his point of view. Someone wants us to think in a certain way.     

I’ve tried to look at the whole situation as a bystander and posted below there are conclusions I’ve come to: 

1. It's obvious that someone is trying to discredit the CryptoNote technology along with all the CN-based coins.

CryptoNote team has published official statement yesterday https://cryptonote.org/news/archive

Greetings to all the members of the CryptoNote community and those who are interested in the technology. This message is our response to the recent developments and speculations within the CN community. Before we get to the point we’d like to reassert our firm commitment to the long-standing philosophy behind CryptoNote. Everything we do is for the sake of technology, and we take great joy as we progress towards our goal.

The initial efforts at CryptoNote development go back as far as 4 years. Some great minds were involved in its creation. More than two years ago the first implementations of CN technology were unleashed on the world of cryptocurrencies and from that moment forward the community that was forged around our vision and values grew exponentially.

What is currently going on within the CN community hardly resembles the harmonious state of mutual respect and synergy that once ruled over the CN coins. Someone clearly is instigating hostility. Moreover, the CryptoNote website has recently been exposed to illegal access by malicious users, which is absolutely unacceptable. Some data stored on cryptonote.org have been vandalized and is now temporary unavailable until the internal investigation is completed.

Having thoroughly reviewed the situation around certain CN currencies, the CryptoNote team would like to issue the following statement:

• It is the official position of CryptoNote that our technology has been created to bring positive changes into the current financial system by providing tools that have never existed before. The technology is what concerns us the most. We are not to be distracted or misled by the speculative rumors and strongly suggest you to follow suit.

• CryptoNote is not a cryptocurrency and has not been designed to be one. The only CryptoNote currency that the CryptoNote team officially endorses is CryptoNoteCoin, which has zero commercial value and serves educational purposes only.

• We consider all the name-calling and finger-pointing that has taken place on certain internet discussions as inappropriate and harmful to further development of the CryptoNote technology.
Over the years CryptoNote has had to overcome a great number of obstacles but those striving so desperately to deter the advance of new technologies are doomed to fail. We are strong believers in the power of innovation and there is no way to stop the CN development.
Discussion thread: https://forum.cryptonote.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=265&p=883#p883

2. Someone tries to cause distrust and enmity between Monero and other CN-coins. "Divide et impera" is an old maxim.
 "with the exception of Monero" in the subject of this tread proves it better than everything else.

The question is: who is that "someone"? I have some thoughts on topic, but I don't want to publish them until I have enough evidence.

Thank you for pointing out to the CryptoNote's statement. I do not understand why the waited so long to comment on the issue, but it seems that the guys are sometimes totally offline for some time.

The claim of whitepaper vandalization is approved by the recent research of two whitepapers. So I think I should agree with the CryptoNote's position. Someone is trying to destabilize the CryptoNote platform by discrediting each and every CryptoNote currency. What's more it's being done based on the invalid whitepapers.

I'm not saying that Monero is behind the scenes, but the "exception" is so outstanding that you can't help but notice it.

Has anyone tried looking into the whitepaper v.1 by the way?

tired of identical bitcoin forks? try out BCN - no ASICs, no transaction tracking https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747.0
J1mb0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:57:26 AM

The Monero trolls are everywhere, every coin thread Cryptonote or not, and why the fuck would I want to buy a coin when current coin owners are so desperate they feel the need to troll so dam much. Even smooth trolling the Bytecoin thread so fucking hard and he's part of the Monero team..seriously where do you guys get the time to troll so much? And you're actually hurting XMR not helping, it's just making this whole cluster fuck surrounding Cryptonote coins worse.

I can only find the one comment that smooth made recently in the Bytecoin thread, and I don't think there is a fundamental problem with engaging cross-thread. We harbour no ill-will against Bytecoin, so to label a tongue-in-cheek comment as "trolling" is a bit of a stretch, don't you agree? I know it's a fine line, but I don't think we're being purposely obtuse or abrasive.

You are being disingenuous - Why?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 10:59:24 AM

The Monero trolls are everywhere, every coin thread Cryptonote or not, and why the fuck would I want to buy a coin when current coin owners are so desperate they feel the need to troll so dam much. Even smooth trolling the Bytecoin thread so fucking hard and he's part of the Monero team..seriously where do you guys get the time to troll so much? And you're actually hurting XMR not helping, it's just making this whole cluster fuck surrounding Cryptonote coins worse.

I can only find the one comment that smooth made recently in the Bytecoin thread, and I don't think there is a fundamental problem with engaging cross-thread. We harbour no ill-will against Bytecoin, so to label a tongue-in-cheek comment as "trolling" is a bit of a stretch, don't you agree? I know it's a fine line, but I don't think we're being purposely obtuse or abrasive.

You are being disingenuous - Why?

I am not - please let me know where I've been purposely abrasive, tongue-in-cheek poking notwithstanding.

J1mb0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:09:49 AM

I am not - please let me know where I've been purposely abrasive, tongue-in-cheek poking notwithstanding.

You are not. However you choose to ignore and refuse to condemn the campaign of bile, vitriol and FUD against every other cryptonote coin by Monero trolls and shills.
It is obvious to everyone else on this forum that their actions are not only damaging the whole cryptonote ecosystem but also your work in developing Monero.

Its called Karma and you don't seem to be enjoying the reaction!  Cheesy

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
kbm

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:15:54 AM

You are not. However you choose to ignore and refuse to condemn the campaign of bile, vitriol and FUD against every other cryptonote coin by Monero trolls and shills.
It is obvious to everyone else on this forum that their actions are not only damaging the whole cryptonote ecosystem but also your work in developing Monero.

You're using disinformation. The funny thing is that you've already quoted the same post I'm going to quote right now .. so I know you're lying:

This is why I don't own XMR or any CN coin. The Monero trolls are everywhere, every coin thread Cryptonote or not, and why the fuck would I want to buy a coin when current coin owners are so desperate they feel the need to troll so dam much. Even smooth trolling the Bytecoin thread so fucking hard and he's part of the Monero team..seriously where do you guys get the time to troll so much? And you're actually hurting XMR not helping, it's just making this whole cluster fuck surrounding Cryptonote coins worse.
My conclusion, Cryptonote coins are all FUBAR

The author of this post is NOT involved with Monero in any way. I cannot refute some or even most of his findings, but I certainly disagree with the vitriolic voracity with which it is delivered. He is exceedingly angry, and that is at odds with the way any members of the Monero core team view CryptoNote or Bytecoin.

As to those involved with Monero who you label "Monero trolls", we simply cannot control anyone. People are going to say good things and bad things about Monero, and it is not our responsibility or in our best interest to attempt to stifle free speech. There will always be people that passionate like or passionately hate Monero, and that's a good thing, as it encourages intense debate. For those that cross the line to trolling or excessive pandering, I apologise for their behaviour on behalf of the core team. We do not condone it, but we are also not in a position to be able to stop it. Please accept my personal apology as well if the behaviour of anyone even peripherally involved with Monero has offended you in any way.

The core team has condemned the actions of this twisted campaign. What they can't do is get you to not be a flat out liar.

Thanks Smiley
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 11:16:48 AM

That's utter nonsense. I have denounced this thread and the OP *in this very thread* -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.msg8396374#msg8396374 (referring to the OP) -

Typical ivory tower complex - when clever people know they're clever and know what they're saying is (mostly) factual they tend to present it from the top of their ivory tower. Often they forget that there are other clever people also sitting in ivory towers, and all they do is shout loudly over each other;) That having been said, if you can wade past the douchebag behaviour there are many things I can't fault OP on or outrightly disprove.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740112.msg8412323#msg8412323 (responding to Liquid71, most important phrases italicised and made bold for emphasis) -

The author of this post is NOT involved with Monero in any way. I cannot refute some or even most of his findings, but I certainly disagree with the vitriolic voracity with which it is delivered. He is exceedingly angry, and that is at odds with the way any members of the Monero core team view CryptoNote or Bytecoin.

As to those involved with Monero who you label "Monero trolls", we simply cannot control anyone. People are going to say good things and bad things about Monero, and it is not our responsibility or in our best interest to attempt to stifle free speech. There will always be people that passionate like or passionately hate Monero, and that's a good thing, as it encourages intense debate. For those that cross the line to trolling or excessive pandering, I apologise for their behaviour on behalf of the core team. We do not condone it, but we are also not in a position to be able to stop it. Please accept my personal apology as well if the behaviour of anyone even peripherally involved with Monero has offended you in any way.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:24:07 AM

Sorry, Monero is just another copy/pasta pump & dump scamcoin.
ByteCoin was at least innovative somewhat, although that alone doesn't escape from functioning as a scam.

I didn't read the whole post, nor any of the replies here, but from what I saw, there really isn't a solid argument being made here against ByteCoin.
Yes, they forged false whitepaper dates to "justify" a premine - but the problem is that someone thinks they have to justify it at all.
Premining is not what makes scamcoins scams - the premine is probably the most reasonable part of an innovative scamcoin, really.
People deserve to be paid for their work, and premining is a decent way to accomplish that (ignoring the pump & dump scam nature that is problematic with or without premining).

(FWIW, the reason ByteCoin does not escape being a pump & dump scamcoin is because all of its actual improvements can be adopted by Bitcoin, thus making it irrelevant when that occurs, and everyone left with ByteCoins suddenly losing all value in them)

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:25:15 AM

Seems to me that someone’s blowing his gaskets trying to smear the CN tech up and down.  Hexah deserves some credit on this one, even Monero has gotten its share of the shit pie here. Making it look like a pinnacle of the CN technology ready to take on Bitcoin is just outright ridiculous.

It all smells like the competition is playing out its tricky scheme on us. I don’t want to engage in the finger-pointing here (enough has been done so far) but isn’t it like Darkcoin hates us all. Those guys have never been particularly picky about their methods.
Shall we do some ass-kicking on their thread in retaliation?      

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
kbm

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:32:12 AM

I didn't read

You should try it out sometime.

Thanks Smiley
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:34:44 AM

Moreover, the CryptoNote website has recently been exposed to illegal access by malicious users, which is absolutely unacceptable. Some data stored on cryptonote.org have been vandalized and is now temporary unavailable until the internal investigation is completed.

The "we got hacked" defense. Wow, that will totally work!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: