Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:33:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Blowing the lid off the CryptoNote/Bytecoin scam (with the exception of Monero)  (Read 132817 times)
CoolGecko

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:13:11 AM

I'm responding to you here because I happen to think you are way off base attacking the original poster who did a ton of hard work to uncover and document a rather sophisticated fraud effort.

Hard work? I doubt that the original poster put in 1/1000th the amount of work that the Bytecoin developers put in. Software development is a lot of work. I probably should have been nicer to the original poster in my comment, but was somewhat peeved by his attitude. I am not a Bytecoin developer, but still the word ungrateful screams to me. Ungrateful for the work they have done in the past and ungrateful for the work they continue to do. As to the accusations, sorry but I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.

I'm not saying any more.

Bitcoin:   1DZRJpmpVctHoP5neqHE9gayBNS3oJNjuV
Quazarcoin: 1PBL7vfv3oEBgVuE5yt3ptHydTACwuD6G9YVNpGLBgSYKN5wZbf1MA3CxfEU6aYNnDbktwyKCfJ2DM3 QRBUoC4NJAapjZEw
Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 07:24:34 AM

Hard work? I doubt that the original poster put in 1/1000th the amount of work that the Bytecoin developers put in. Software development is a lot of work. I probably should have been nicer to the original poster in my comment, but was somewhat peeved by his attitude. I am not a Bytecoin developer, but still the word ungrateful screams to me. Ungrateful for the work they have done in the past and ungrateful for the work they continue to do. As to the accusations, sorry but I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.

I'm not saying any more.

You must be new around here.

You'll find that we have a very low tolerance for scams, even the ones that have a lot of work put into them. In fact, the best scams normally have tremendous effort put in making them appear legit, and when those with even a modicum of technical skill uncover the truth they show no mercy. That in and of itself does not denigrate or reduce the effort the scammers have put in to their elaborate scam, and I noticed the OP indicated the technical merits of the CryptoNote project.

I'd also like to point out that the Monero core team do not go around "attacking other coins", although we are all known in the cryptocurrency community and will definitely engage in vigorous debate and / or correct false or twisted information. We are all our own persons and entitled to be as opinionated or neutral as we wish, and unless someone has a factual disagreement with our opinion, it is merely us participating in an open and opinionated debate.

CoolGecko

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:41:26 AM

I'm not saying any more.

You must be new around here.

No, I'm not new. I know that the Cryptocoin development is full of scams. In fact, I've single handedly destroyed a number of  bitcoin clone coins simply by looking at the source code and and revealing to the miners that the developer was being dishonest about the coin.

Quazarcoin: 1PBL7vfv3oEBgVuE5yt3ptHydTACwuD6G9YVNpGLBgSYKN5wZbf1MA3CxfEU6aYNnDbktwyKCfJ2DM3 QRBUoC4NJAapjZEw
Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 07:49:51 AM

No, I'm not new. I know that the Cryptocoin development is full of scams. In fact, I've single handedly destroyed a number of  bitcoin clone coins simply by looking at the source code and and revealing to the miners that the developer was being dishonest about the coin.

Well that's really disrespectful to the developers that made those clones. You didn't even acknowledge all the effort and hard work they put into it. How dare you, sir!

/hypocrisy

othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 07:57:05 AM

No, Monero is not morally better. In fact, I'm disgusted by the way some Monero people have been attacking other Cryptonote coins, not just bytecoin but also Quazarcoin. If you are a Monero developer, isn't it more productive to work on improving your own coin than attacking other coins?   

Quazarcoin was even called MONERO before it was renamed to quazar, just to piss us off, so much for productivity.

CoolGecko

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:00:20 AM

Well that's really disrespectful to the developers that made those clones. You didn't even acknowledge all the effort and hard work they put into it. How dare you, sir!

/hypocrisy

Oh really? The developer says that the premine is 1.5%, and I tell the miners it's really 18% and I'm being disrespectful? You make me laugh. And for your information these "developers" hadn't spent hardly any time on these coins. Copy, change some variables, make up a bitcointalk page (with their lies) and launch the coin.

Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 08:07:57 AM

Oh really? The developer says that the premine is 1.5%, and I tell the miners it's really 18% and I'm being disrespectful? You make me laugh. And for your information these "developers" hadn't spent hardly any time on these coins. Copy, change some variables, make up a bitcointalk page (with their lies) and launch the coin.

Lrn2sarcasm plx

You do realise that the CryptoNote developers did all the work, right? Which is why the original Bytecoin source says "Copyright the CryptoNote developers". More recently they changed the license and the copyright, but that doesn't change the fact that the Bytecoin developers just slapped a name on the CryptoNote developer's hard work, ghostmined 82%, and then tried to sell it as a fait accompli. There's even a thread on the CryptoNote forum somewhere where they mention the recent (at that stage) rift between themselves and the Bytecoin developers, I would imagine solely because the Bytecoin developers did nothing more than "copy, change some variables, make up a bitcointalk page (with their lies) and launch the coin".

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:19:05 AM

/hypocrisy

Do you realize what you're saying here?

You go out of your way to expose villains that lie about a premine in their altcoin. Yet you claim that the Bytecoin developers are not villians despite lying about an 82% premine.
CoolGecko

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:19:50 AM

Lrn2sarcasm plx

You do realise that the CryptoNote developers did all the work, right? Which is why the original Bytecoin source says "Copyright the CryptoNote developers". More recently they changed the license and the copyright, but that doesn't change the fact that the Bytecoin developers just slapped a name on the CryptoNote developer's hard work, ghostmined 82%, and then tried to sell it as a fait accompli. There's even a thread on the CryptoNote forum somewhere where they mention the recent (at that stage) rift between themselves and the Bytecoin developers, I would imagine solely because the Bytecoin developers did nothing more than "copy, change some variables, make up a bitcointalk page (with their lies) and launch the coin".

It's my understanding that the CryptoNote developers and Bytecoin developers were the same people, though maybe now they formed separate groups.

Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
CoolGecko

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:23:36 AM

You go out of your way to expose villains that lie about a premine in their altcoin. Yet you claim that the Bytecoin developers are not villians despite lying about an 82% premine.

Did they claim there was a lower premine? If so prove it to me.

Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:28:46 AM

Did they claim there was no premine? If so prove it to me.

They claimed that Bytecoin was being mined for two years and used by people on the 'darknet'. Which has been shown to be complete bullshit.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 08:39:42 AM

Did they claim there was a lower premine? If so prove it to me.

Yes many times. Here is one.

At the time we didn't even know what we know now about the blockchain, whitepapers, etc. being faked.

BTW, they also deliberately crippled the miner and then launched a half dozen to a dozen shill clone coins (including your favorite Quazarcoin) allowing them to mine a lot of coins on each and every one using their un-crippled miner at very little cost. (No the "fast" miner trumpeted by the developer of QCN at launch was nothing of the sort. It was a bit faster than the public miner but at least an order of magnitude or two slower than the real miner.)

Oh, folkes.
That's so weird to tell about BCN "pre mine" and BMR no-premine as its advantage. You know, people who will find out BMR much more later will say that you premined BMR. Just because they will be late for low diffs.
And they will think it's unfair distribution, because you have coins and they don't. As you do it now.

People will start to do their own "fair" forkes. As a result we will have hundreds useless coins as Bitcoin's ones. It's so stupid and irritating.

Btw I offer not to call BCN situation as "premine", because it's significantly other situation.
kroleg

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:04:58 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 10:39:35 AM by kroleg

The Monero XMR Scam Uncovered

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755840.0

Monero's activity is artificial
Monero's trade volumes are artificial
Monero's developers are not capable of developing the coin

XMR fans cannot make any significant updates/improvements to the protocol and are doomed to stick to PR hype only while helping the botnets profit.
othe

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:31:50 AM

Oh hi Bytecoin scammer.

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:41:53 AM

The Monero XMR Scam Uncovered

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755840.0

Monero's activity is artificial
Monero's trade volumes are artificial
Monero's developers are not capable of developing the coin

XMR fans cannot make any significant updates/improvements to the protocol and are doomed to stick to PR hype only while helping the botnets profit.

That post is so cringeworthy...

Especially the parts about Come-from-Above. Cheesy

G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:51:06 AM

Told you they were back!

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 11:51:04 AM

some stuff

YES! I knew ByteScam red text would make a comeback! This makes me so happy:)

CoolGecko

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 01:14:33 PM

No, Monero is not morally better. In fact, I'm disgusted by the way some Monero people have been attacking other Cryptonote coins, not just bytecoin but also Quazarcoin. If you are a Monero developer, isn't it more productive to work on improving your own coin than attacking other coins?  

Quazarcoin was even called MONERO before it was renamed to quazar, just to piss us off, so much for productivity.

Thanks for that; I didn't know that Monero became Quazarcoin. But maybe you aren't telling the whole story because I remember reading that there was a disagreement among developers and Monero forked to become Monero and Bitmonero. This often happens in free (as in freedom) software projects, so it is not surprising to me. If there is a fork I'm sure that both sides would like to keep the original name. Probably what happened was that Mr Seis, the Quazarcoin developer, had fewer developers on his side so he consented to change the name of his fork to Quazarcoin.

I don't know what all the issues were but do know that Quazarcoin has a longer emission curve than Monero. I personally support that decision because it makes the coin more stable.

Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 01:32:19 PM

Thanks for that; I didn't know that Monero became Quazarcoin. But maybe you aren't telling the whole story because I remember reading that there was a disagreement among developers and Monero forked to become Monero and Bitmonero. This often happens in free (as in freedom) software projects, so it is not surprising to me. If there is a fork I'm sure that both sides would like to keep the original name. Probably what happened was that Mr Seis, the Quazarcoin developer, had fewer developers on his side so he consented to change the name of his fork to Quazarcoin.

I don't know what all the issues were but do know that Quazarcoin has a longer emission curve than Monero. I personally support that decision because it makes the coin more stable.

I don't know where you get your facts from, but this stuff is well documented on the forum. In fact, the OP of this thread has given us all the info to explain things -

On May 7, just when Monero was being taken back by the community (see below), OracionSeis out of the blue decided to take it over/relaunch it himself. This included a now-defunct website at monero.co.in, and a since-abandoned Github. The community pushed back hard, true to form, with hard-hitting statements such as "To reiterate, this is not the original devs, and thus not a relaunch. OP, fuck you for trying this. This should warrant a ban." A man after my own heart. OracionSeis caved and decided to rename it to...QuazarCoin, which launched on May 8.

And whilst it's very cute that you call him "Mr Seis", I think you missed the paragraph in the OP that exposed the account as being a bought  account -

QuazarCoin is a special case and deserves a little attention. Let's start with OracionSeis, who launched it. He's well known on Bitcointalk for selling in-game currencies. In that same thread you'll notice this gem right at the end from Fullbuster: "Hey,OracionSeis is no longer under my use so please https://bitcointa.lk/threads/selling-most-of-the-game-currencies.301540/#post-5996983 come into this thread! thank you !" Click through to his new link and Fullbuster clarifies: "Hello, I may look new around here but i've sold my first account and created new one and i have an intention to keep the same services running as my first account did."

If you need any assistance or help understanding these two paragraphs and figuring out that OracionSeis is a scam account and QuazarCoin a scam coin please don't hesitate to ask and I'll try walk you through it in more detail.

Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 01:33:33 PM

I can without a doubt, say that Come-from-Above's threads/posts have been fake/to get laughs.

He hasn't bought a single bitcointalk account(he's made accounts), and most definitely doesn't own over 5 bitcoin. He simply trolls here and there, off and on for the laughs. So that entire thread made by Cheesus(another sockpuppet account) about Monero is bogus.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: