Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:08:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN] Halcyon - x15 POS - Cryptsy Bittrex - Dev Slow but Continue  (Read 193761 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
slushee

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 10:25:57 PM

Then over time, halcyon should be more popular. There is a lot of work for single person. The price of coin doesn't have matter, for me what counts are new innovative things and solutions, I'm glad to see them. Halcyon is very interesting coin and I very willingly follow the thread.
Cheers
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:10:01 PM

What is the main difference between Halcyon and Darkcoin (and other anon altcoins) ?

I think that HAL would be best compared to DRK and XC, in that they have some variation of decentralized anonymization where the mixing/anon process is distributed to give anyone a chance of participating in the process. I'm not a programmer so I could not explain the details and merits of each of these three coin's systems (although I do believe they are very similar).

Compared to other coins, HAL, DRK, and XC stand out due to this decentralized system. I don't think other coins aside from these three, have incorporated such systems.

I believe what the HAL dev is going for is a HAL-based platform that incorporates a marketplace and other features that may make use of HAL's decentralized anonymous system. In this way, HAL separates itself apart from other coins in that it has built an "engine" in the form of the anon system, with planned features for add-ons, such as the marketplace previously mentioned. XC is doing a similar approach I believe, though I'm not sure what they're exact plan and process is like.

What I can say is that the HAL dev is a single dev, and in the 1 month since launch, he's accomplished and provided much more innovation, updates, and professionalism than 99% of coins out there. This by itself sheds an optimistic light on the future of HAL.

+1
Are you ready for Mintpal V2? Free fees!
halcyondev (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:20:33 PM

What is the main difference between Halcyon and Darkcoin (and other anon altcoins) ?

I think that HAL would be best compared to DRK and XC, in that they have some variation of decentralized anonymization where the mixing/anon process is distributed to give anyone a chance of participating in the process. I'm not a programmer so I could not explain the details and merits of each of these three coin's systems (although I do believe they are very similar).

Compared to other coins, HAL, DRK, and XC stand out due to this decentralized system. I don't think other coins aside from these three, have incorporated such systems.

I believe what the HAL dev is going for is a HAL-based platform that incorporates a marketplace and other features that may make use of HAL's decentralized anonymous system. In this way, HAL separates itself apart from other coins in that it has built an "engine" in the form of the anon system, with planned features for add-ons, such as the marketplace previously mentioned. XC is doing a similar approach I believe, though I'm not sure what they're exact plan and process is like.

What I can say is that the HAL dev is a single dev, and in the 1 month since launch, he's accomplished and provided much more innovation, updates, and professionalism than 99% of coins out there. This by itself sheds an optimistic light on the future of HAL.

Thank you, great language. Can I use some for the website?

jiapetz

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:42:58 PM

Thank you, great language. Can I use some for the website?

Sure no problem Smiley
SumthngsWrong

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:24:47 PM

Nobody here in past 24 hours? Wow. It is Sunday, though- but my money doesn't know the difference.
George5
Legendary

Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 01:42:06 PM

Dev, check the PM please  Smiley

https://nuls.io/about/ The sky is not the limit
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 04:01:55 PM

I am aiming for 150k price. Should be possible.
Booth

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:42:20 PM

is halcyon anonymity feature open source?
Fidel Crypto

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:47:45 PM

i have seen allot of threads with enthusiasm about being added on mintpal.
but mintpal is not the no1 exchange anymore, so how come you guys think this can give the coin a price boost.?
jiapetz

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:56:14 PM

but mintpal is not the no1 exchange anymore, so how come you guys think this can give the coin a price boost.?

It doesn't matter that it's not number 1. It still have a very respectable volume, and with the hype over this relaunch and with the 0% fees for two weeks, we'll see a lot of volume move back onto Mintpal, at least for the next two weeks.

If Mintpal were a small, unknown exchange, then the effect would be minimal. But we've all seen how big Mintpal can get in terms of activity and volume, and I'm thinking we'll likely see a repeat of history. Regardless, I'm just glad HAL is being listed whether it does anything to price or not.
Rage19420

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:08:08 PM

Its in anticipation of some of the new features that will be much improved over the original. Mintpal v2 will have real time feed, (no more f5 to refresh) and supposedly a host of other new features. Mintpal lost credibility with the whole Vericoin debacle and ultimately led to them being acquired by Moolah. As a result Bittrex rose in popularity, but has taken it on the chin with recent scam coins, ICO failures etc.

Its the typical "Buy on rumor, Sell on news" cycle that happens. The launch was supposed to be today but was postponed (again) until tues the 22nd. There was a slight dump as a result.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:19:44 AM

Its in anticipation of some of the new features that will be much improved over the original. Mintpal v2 will have real time feed, (no more f5 to refresh) and supposedly a host of other new features. Mintpal lost credibility with the whole Vericoin debacle and ultimately led to them being acquired by Moolah. As a result Bittrex rose in popularity, but has taken it on the chin with recent scam coins, ICO failures etc.

Its the typical "Buy on rumor, Sell on news" cycle that happens. The launch was supposed to be today but was postponed (again) until tues the 22nd. There was a slight dump as a result.

This has nothing to do with HAL, but I just have to correct this statement whenever I see it made. Moolah the company did not acquire Mintpal. It was the CEO of Moolah and two other anonymous individuals who financially acquired ownership of Mintpal. Moolah the company (aka Moopay LTD) was then contracted by the three owners of Mintpal to oversee the operations of the exchange.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
halcyondev (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:55:22 AM

Sorry to be quiet. I've been working on some coding for website HAL payments and anonymous node payout code. Will be updating soon, and hopefully Mintpal doesn't delay again. Smiley

I must say, it's quite refreshing not to have to update the thread every few hours to keep the price from dropping. Glad to feel the trust for Halcyon and I have been hard at work as usual.

CoinBateman

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 02:24:11 AM

Sorry to be quiet. I've been working on some coding for website HAL payments and anonymous node payout code. Will be updating soon, and hopefully Mintpal doesn't delay again. Smiley

I must say, it's quite refreshing not to have to update the thread every few hours to keep the price from dropping. Glad to feel the trust for Halcyon and I have been hard at work as usual.

Always nice hearing updates from you, don't worry about the price or whatever, your work is golden and the price will reflect that!

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
coinex_BD

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 05:17:29 AM

This HAL is very undervalued. It will follow the course of KEY may be.
TimBelIn

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 07:25:55 AM

Thanks for info, dev.
halcyondev (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 09:01:54 AM

Dev is a mac wallet in the works? Would love to stake my HAL and maybe run a node but I'm not going to shell out $$$ for a copy of Windows to run on a VM.

What do you say, dev?

Ok, I've spent some time building for Mac, got about halfway far into it but now I have to edit all the x11, x13 algorithm code files or find someone who has done it already. Apple changed the compiler and it's giving all sorts of errors I don't see on Windows or Linux. For now I return to the anon and site coding, but I'll continue when I have time again.

Any Apple programmers who may read this, please send me a PM. Thanks!

George5
Legendary

Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2014, 09:08:55 AM

Dev, check the PM please  Smiley

Roll Eyes

https://nuls.io/about/ The sky is not the limit
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 12:46:29 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2014, 01:28:05 PM by infinitechaos

Dev is a mac wallet in the works? Would love to stake my HAL and maybe run a node but I'm not going to shell out $$$ for a copy of Windows to run on a VM.

What do you say, dev?

Ok, I've spent some time building for Mac, got about halfway far into it but now I have to edit all the x11, x13 algorithm code files or find someone who has done it already. Apple changed the compiler and it's giving all sorts of errors I don't see on Windows or Linux. For now I return to the anon and site coding, but I'll continue when I have time again.

Any Apple programmers who may read this, please send me a PM. Thanks!

Cool, thanks for trying.

I would be in the top 40 holders and I would also be buying more if I could stake my HAL. Just sayin'...  Grin

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
September 22, 2014, 01:10:56 PM

What happened with roadmap dates ?
-Halcyon Nootropic store -Halcyon Store
-website
- update ?

You can rent this space
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: