Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:01:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 04:18:26 PM

Isn't it? thanks to 00Smurf for linking the article on IRC where I found it
http://www.coindesk.com/search-satoshi/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 05:24:25 PM

The last thing you want to do is wait until the public testing is out to buy.

There will be no such thing as a shadowcoin under 40k ever again.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Schild_

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 05:35:06 PM

The last thing you want to do is wait until the public testing is out to buy.

There will be no such thing as a shadowcoin under 40k ever again.

Yup but you never know how the market will react, maybe we'll see 19k again by tomorrow... People don't like to wait and it's fine for me.
TheAntiFud

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 05:42:28 PM

I saw this coin late and looks very promising. I want to buy some but I am scared it might be another buy on rumor and sell on news type of deals like it always is in cryptoland  Undecided

Bitcoin is what internet was in the 90s.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 06:39:01 PM

Good words indeed, although I can't recall anyone laughing at you nor fighting with you (except that retarded emilio mannnn).

I feel like mostly people have just been ignoring you.

The "holy grail" imo would be to gather all the talent and resources amidst the altcoin scene (development, PR, community, 3rd party apps, support) to deliver the ultimate solution, but that is impossible to realize, as everyone has their own interest to look out for. The irony of the situation is, that it should be in everyone's interest to unite and provide a real alternative to fiat before it's too late.

The next best thing, is to have a few strong alternatives to bring the importance of private finances to the masses in their own right. There are more than one way to skin a cat after all, for example DRK with the masternode network placing the anonymity outside the blockchain, and SDC with the cryptographic solution.
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:29:19 PM

Good words indeed, although I can't recall anyone laughing at you nor fighting with you (except that retarded emilio mannnn).

The "holy grail" imo would be to gather all the talent and resources amidst the altcoin scene (development, PR, community, 3rd party apps, support) to deliver the ultimate solution, but that is impossible to realize, as everyone has their own interest to look out for. The irony of the situation is, that it should be in everyone's interest to unite and provide a real alternative to fiat before it's too late.

The next best thing, is to have a few strong alternatives to bring the importance of private finances to the masses in their own right. There are more than one way to skin a cat after all, for example DRK with the masternode network placing the anonymity outside the blockchain, and SDC with the cryptographic solution.

Well said illodin. One of the main issues plaguing the space right now is the professional sports mentality.. people think this is a hockey match between projects, but it's actually an arms race against the old system. A collaboration between like-minded projects benefits the cypherpunk movement as a whole; in-fighting between legitimate projects only helps slow down the rate of change. I think a good first step would be to form a multi-project forum or network for all cypherpunk projects and distance ourselves from the scamming, fudpacking and general negativity here on bitcointalk. It's one way that the movement can grow in a positive direction.

People in the hockey mentality would do well to refresh themselves on the origins of anonymous crypto:

"A specter is haunting the modern world, the specter of crypto anarchy.

Computer technology is on the verge of providing the ability for individuals and groups to communicate and interact with each other in a totally anonymous manner. Two persons may exchange messages, conduct business, and negotiate electronic contracts without ever knowing the True Name, or legal identity, of the other. Interactions over networks will be untraceable, via extensive re- routing of encrypted packets and tamper-proof boxes which implement cryptographic protocols with nearly perfect assurance against any tampering. Reputations will be of central importance, far more important in dealings than even the credit ratings of today. These developments will alter completely the nature of government regulation, the ability to tax and control economic interactions, the ability to keep information secret, and will even alter the nature of trust and reputation.

The technology for this revolution--and it surely will be both a social and economic revolution--has existed in theory for the past decade. The methods are based upon public-key encryption, zero-knowledge interactive proof systems, and various software protocols for interaction, authentication, and verification. The focus has until now been on academic conferences in Europe and the U.S., conferences monitored closely by the National Security Agency. But only recently have computer networks and personal computers attained sufficient speed to make the ideas practically realizable. And the next ten years will bring enough additional speed to make the ideas economically feasible and essentially unstoppable. High-speed networks, ISDN, tamper-proof boxes, smart cards, satellites, Ku-band transmitters, multi-MIPS personal computers, and encryption chips now under development will be some of the enabling technologies.

The State will of course try to slow or halt the spread of this technology, citing national security concerns, use of the technology by drug dealers and tax evaders, and fears of societal disintegration. Many of these concerns will be valid; crypto anarchy will allow national secrets to be trade freely and will allow illicit and stolen materials to be traded. An anonymous computerized market will even make possible abhorrent markets for assassinations and extortion. Various criminal and foreign elements will be active users of CryptoNet. But this will not halt the spread of crypto anarchy.

Just as the technology of printing altered and reduced the power of medieval guilds and the social power structure, so too will cryptologic methods fundamentally alter the nature of corporations and of government interference in economic transactions. Combined with emerging information markets, crypto anarchy will create a liquid market for any and all material which can be put into words and pictures. And just as a seemingly minor invention like barbed wire made possible the fencing-off of vast ranches and farms, thus altering forever the concepts of land and property rights in the frontier West, so too will the seemingly minor discovery out of an arcane branch of mathematics come to be the wire clippers which dismantle the barbed wire around intellectual property.

Arise, you have nothing to lose but your barbed wire fences" - Timothy C. May (1992) http://activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 07:48:34 PM

I saw this coin late and looks very promising. I want to buy some but I am scared it might be another buy on rumor and sell on news type of deals like it always is in cryptoland  Undecided

actually you should be happy to find out this coin now, not after zk release...afte release i dont think it is possible to find any sdc below 40k-50k

as a community we didnt make any PR before the release of zero-knowledge...team prefers to do the release first....after it, everybody will know about it...so it is not a hype coin

DRK merger story is the reason why u know about this coin now...not beacause of our community PR....after release coin sells itself
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:10:40 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 08:35:59 PM by Cornett

I saw this coin late and looks very promising. I want to buy some but I am scared it might be another buy on rumor and sell on news type of deals like it always is in cryptoland  Undecided

actually you should be happy to find out this coin now, not after zk release...afte release i dont think it is possible to find any sdc below 40k-50k

as a community we didnt make any PR before the release of zero-knowledge...team prefers to do the release first....after it, everybody will know about it...so it is not a hype coin

DRK merger story is the reason why u know about this coin now...not beacause of our community PR....after release coin sells itself

+1
Inhouse hard working dev team for 4 month with megarespectable coder Ryno as the lead-head and just excellent technologies in constant development will make shadowcash the main currency of the dark web. After couple of month i can imagine DRK prices for this project. It's obviously. There are no alternatives

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:34:14 PM

Well put illodin
child_harold

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:56:04 PM

DISAGREE.

BlockNet was (is) a contrived attempt to contrive a "super team"

so…

IMO

a) competition is GOOD
b) men of great talent are invariably too egotistical to work with each other well.
c) too many cooks spoil the broth

2) GO RYYYNNNOOOO!!!!!

00Smurf

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 08:59:53 PM

Competition does breed innovation, so i guess i'm split on the matter. The best would be a few small teams competing.
child_harold

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 09:20:19 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 09:32:27 PM by child_harold

Competition does breed innovation, so i guess i'm split on the matter. The best would be a few small teams competing.

Or just one dreaming genius like Satoshi*?

*possibly a group

…but yes: COMP is GOOD

addendum: as a thought experiment: a group a super devs would inevitably disagree and faction (forK), this creating 2 groups of devs.

>>> comp is good (or inevitable)

child_harold

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 09:24:30 PM

I like the fact our Dev is non-American

My post history will show that many months ago I encouraged Evan Duffield (DRK dev), a man whom I held in high regard (and still do I guess) to get out of the U.S.
(Get out of Dodge bro)

I cannot fathom how any well known dev (like Evan) can make any inroads into anon. I can only imagine the random visits he may have received by men in dark suits. No way.

There was always the weird bit how the original AWS images hosted by Evan for CPU mining back in early days of DRK were hosted in N. Virginia (Amazon). I prefer not to think about it.

After unsuccessful revision after unsuccessful revision I sold my DRK stash and moved on.

I am only in search of Anon. This is the fruition of Satoshi's dream.

Good Luck U.S. devs. I hold 3 coins. Only one has a U.S dev.

Dan Metcalf's recent hiccup vindicates my feeling in this regard. Surprisingly perhaps He has worked for the U.S. Homeland Security iirc (presumable based in N.Virginia)

I was in IRC with Evan and co. when they ran their first testnet.
Not long ago I held only XC and DRK.

How things change…
This is not DRK FUD. Just my feelings.

Go RYNO!
\o/

ahem…
(i was a bit drunk/other when i wrote this but i stand by every word of it)

G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:33:57 AM

I agree, great post.

I'm not gonna lie, I came here to very immaturely write "shadowcrash, lol" (which is stupid, my second largest holdings are in SDC)

Blocknet. I wish(ed) you were in it.

Some of you guys were complete wankers this last week! (to put it lightly)

I fully respect ryno though, and wish SDC all the best.

Hopefully one day we can all meet up and have a big party on the moon. Smiley

(yeh, i'm drunk)

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
00Smurf

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 02:31:17 AM

I agree, great post.

I'm not gonna lie, I came here to very immaturely write "shadowcrash, lol" (which is stupid, my second largest holdings are in SDC)

Blocknet. I wish(ed) you were in it.

Some of you guys were complete wankers this last week! (to put it lightly)

I fully respect ryno though, and wish SDC all the best.

Hopefully one day we can all meet up and have a big party on the moon. Smiley

(yeh, i'm drunk)

I'm sure it will be a big laugh after time has passed. I'm sure some new crypto drama will leave this all in the past.
Bitcoines

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:52:14 AM

"[Virtual Currencies] may hold long-term promise, particularly if the innovations promote a faster, more secure and more efficient payment system." ~Ben Bernanke
xtrembash

Activity: 473

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 09:38:06 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2014, 11:11:27 AM by xtrembash

wallet 1.2.0.1 have some pb of synchronisation...
i often need to delete and reload all blockchain :/
fix it please...

jahl

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 11:26:32 AM

wallet 1.2.0.1 have some pb of synchronisation...
i often need to delete and reload all blockchain :/
fix it please...

Win: www.shadow.cash/downloads/shadow_1.2.0.2_win32.zip
OSX: http://www.shadow.cash/downloads/shadow_1.2.0.2_macosx.dmg
zuyfg888

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:31:00 PM

so what?
SebSebastian

Activity: 286

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 01:56:00 PM

so what?

Cool

click me

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: