Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 06:43:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289611 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:09:08 PM

I actually need to send the shadows to a stealth addy. But wallet keeps telling me ring size is not good. What ring size should I specify ?

I've also been experiencing this. Especially with larger amounts of shadow.

just sent 10 SDC > Shadow (ringsize 16). No probs.

^[My bad.  In fact u do require a stealth addy to convert Shadow back to SDC.
To answer your q I'd try hitting the "suggest ring size" button with will dynamically change the ring size value before you hit send. Give that a go.]

This is what suggest ring size tells me:

Not enough system and or owned outputs for the requested amount.

Only 0 anonymous outputs exist for coin value: 8.00000000

I only have 8 shadows Sad

Did you generate a new stealth addy as suggested? Are u trying to convert all your Shadow to SDC in one go? Bear in mind this is not good practice iirc.

i.e. try converting shadow to sdc but only convert a portion of your Shadow (not all)

Yes I did generate a new stealth addy specially for that. It functioned for 2 shadows, then I tried again 2 shadows, no success. Then I tried 6, no success neither. What shall I do ?

You have ~8 shadow. how many u trying to convert back to SDC?

child_harold

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:14:20 PM

I actually need to send the shadows to a stealth addy. But wallet keeps telling me ring size is not good. What ring size should I specify ?

To answer your q I'd try hitting the "suggest ring size" button with will dynamically change the ring size value before you hit send. Give that a go.]

Did you generate a new stealth addy as suggested? Are u trying to convert all your Shadow to SDC in one go? Bear in mind this is not good practice iirc.

i.e. try converting shadow to sdc but only convert a portion of your Shadow (not all)

Yes I did generate a new stealth addy specially for that. It functioned for 2 shadows, then I tried again 2 shadows, no success. Then I tried 6, no success neither. What shall I do ?

I just said it Wink I have now 6 shadows because I was able to convert successfuly 2 shadows. Then I tried again with 2 and it didn't work, then with the whole 6, neither.

Cool.

OK

1) Shadow are cooler than SDC
2) You will be able to convert all ur Shadow to SDC
3) Have posted in IRC and a Team member will hopefully come down to shine more light.

Either way you're winning  Cool

Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:18:26 PM

I just said it Wink I have now 6 shadows because I was able to convert successfuly 2 shadows. Then I tried again with 2 and it didn't work, then with the whole 6, neither.

Try making ring size 3 which is the smallest possible.  I had similar issue recently.  I am wondering the reason as well, and if things will improve as the network grows.  I believe the larger the ring size, the better the anonymity.
child_harold

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 07:55:29 PM

Cool.

OK

1) Shadow are cooler than SDC
2) You will be able to convert all ur Shadow to SDC
3) Have posted in IRC and a Team member will hopefully come down to shine more light.

Either way you're winning  Cool

Haha, waiting for your help ! For now, Shadows seem quite complicated to use Wink or maybe I am just unlucky.

Its not a "haha nelson muntz moment" (lol) but rather a question of imputs/outouts which a Team member will be able to speak to better.

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 08:21:40 PM

Try making ring size 3 which is the smallest possible.  I had similar issue recently.  I am wondering the reason as well, and if things will improve as the network grows.  I believe the larger the ring size, the better the anonymity.

Hopefully we'll get a wallet that will take care of this automatically, give the largest ring size that will provide the coins necessary to make the transaction. But we're still young.

I like what I'm seeing on the bourses, looks like that's a solid concrete floor. Always good news.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
Peter Todd
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1150

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:38:39 PM

Peter Todd invented stealth addresses.

I wouldn't say I "invented" stealth addresses; I'd say I designed stealth addresses. The part that you could call an "invention" was created by ByteCoin (the bitcointalk user) years ago - what I did was take that math and figured out a good way to use it given real world constraints. (some of them 100% political!)

To be perfectly honest, I don't really understand the math behind ECC signatures, and hence stealth addresses. My original stealth addresses writeup actually got some of the details there wrong, basically because I was copying-and-pasting from the BIP32 writeup. But IMO that's actually a nice example of how you can treat the math as a "black-box" with known properties and do your innovation elsewhere - no different than how most of you probably don't know much about how compilers work under the hood, yet successfully use them every day to make software.

Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 09:59:33 PM

Hopefully we'll get a wallet that will take care of this automatically, give the largest ring size that will provide the coins necessary to make the transaction. But we're still young.

I like what I'm seeing on the bourses, looks like that's a solid concrete floor. Always good news.

there's an option to automatically select a ring size in the settings
child_harold

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:01:05 PM

I wouldn't say I "invented" stealth addresses; I'd say I designed stealth addresses. The part that you could call an "invention" was created by ByteCoin (the bitcointalk user) years ago - what I did was take that math and figured out a good way to use it given real world constraints. (some of them 100% political!)

To be perfectly honest, I don't really understand the math behind ECC signatures, and hence stealth addresses. My original stealth addresses writeup actually got some of the details there wrong, basically because I was copying-and-pasting from the BIP32 writeup. But IMO that's actually a nice example of how you can treat the math as a "black-box" with known properties and do your innovation elsewhere - no different than how most of you probably don't know much about how compilers work under the hood, yet successfully use them every day to make software.

Have you had a chance to look at the shadowsend v2 whitepaper? http://shadow.cash/downloads/shadowcash-anon.pdf
I'd be delighted to send you some SDC, that you might play with the tech for yourself…

Pline

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:02:08 PM

Hey Peter Todd, wondering what you think about ShadowCash?  It seems pretty cool to me, but I am not nearly technical enough to completely understand the inner workings.  I only barely grasp the concepts they are using, but it sounds pretty revolutionary.  

They just released their shadow send feature and white paper a couple weeks ago.  White paper here: http://shadow.cash/downloads/shadowcash-anon.pdf

Also someone made this good presentation to show how the system works: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1yX2jN618Rnzs4g2ri_utdKdHbny6-xnRcPhOuhLNGB0/edit?pli=1#slide=id.g577a31a2a_086

They also have Shadow Chat encrypted messenger within the official wallet and have a plan for ShadyBay, a decentralized marketplace within the wallet soon as well.

So do you think this project is legit? Do you have any recommendations to the developers on how they could improve their system?

Wheatclove

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 10:42:22 PM

there's an option to automatically select a ring size in the settings

You obviously haven't read all my posts related to this issue Wink The auto-selector gives me an error.

i was responding to automatic monkey
SebSebastian

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:02:22 PM

Thanks for the clarification Peter. I don't understand the math behind ECC sigs at all, but the Coursera/Stanford Cryptography course starts again in a few days so I'm hoping that'll shed some light on the number-voodoo that makes all this possible. For anyone else who'd like to learn a bit more about crypto take a look - it's free and starts on the 5th.

https://www.coursera.org/course/crypto

ShadowCash     |     ShadowSend     |     ShadowCore     |     ShadowChat    |     ShadowGo     |     ShadowMarket    
Peter Todd
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1150

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:36:20 PM

Hey Peter Todd, wondering what you think about ShadowCash?  It seems pretty cool to me, but I am not nearly technical enough to completely understand the inner workings.  I only barely grasp the concepts they are using, but it sounds pretty revolutionary.

They just released their shadow send feature and white paper a couple weeks ago.  White paper here: http://shadow.cash/downloads/shadowcash-anon.pdf

Like stealth, I don't have the background to really understand the ring-signatures ShadowCash uses; I was contacted by ShadowCash to do an audit and deferred it to a cryptographer I know. They said the math looked to be a clone of Monero, done on top of Bitcoin. They were however potentially interested in doing an audit of the ring signatures idea to get a better idea of what kind of privacy it really gives people in practice - we'll see if they have the time to work on that further in the near future.

Best not to say more publicly than that given I just haven't done the research to really know.  Smiley

yourstruly

Activity: 308

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2015, 11:45:14 PM

There have been no trades on https://exco.in/exchange/BTC/SDC for more than three days.

We may try to pairing to BLK or NBT to see if that generates more interest.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
Pline

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:46:22 PM

Like stealth, I don't have the background to really understand the ring-signatures ShadowCash uses; I was contacted by ShadowCash to do an audit and deferred it to a cryptographer I know. They said the math looked to be a clone of Monero, done on top of Bitcoin. They were however potentially interested in doing an audit of the ring signatures idea to get a better idea of what kind of privacy it really gives people in practice - we'll see if they have the time to work on that further in the near future.

Best not to say more publicly than that given I just haven't done the research to really know.  Smiley

Thanks, really appreciate the reply.  Hopefully Shadow will be vetted by more people in the near future.  
child_harold

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:47:09 PM

Best not to say more publicly than that given I just haven't done the research to really know.  Smiley

The phrase "clone of Monero" would incense Ryno Smiley Im sure SDC is not that (cryptonote)… waiting on your friend…

Awesome to have you here!

edit: the phrase "there's more than one way to skin a cat" also comes to mind Wink

Pline

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:50:36 PM

There have been no trades on https://exco.in/exchange/BTC/SDC for more than three days.

Yeah and Cryptsy ShadowCash wallet is ALWAYS in maintenance.  I would add volume there, but their wallet is never working. But when their paycoin wallet broke, they fixed it pronto.  They said SDC was not a priority.
Wheatclove

View Profile
January 02, 2015, 11:58:29 PM

for the past 3 days ive been unable to access the sdc/btc exchange on excoin
child_harold

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 12:05:26 AM

Best not to say more publicly than that given I just haven't done the research to really know.  Smiley

The phrase "clone of Monero" would incense Ryno Smiley Im sure SDC is not that (cryptonote)… waiting on your friend…

Awesome to have you here!

edit: the phrase "there's more than one way to skin a cat" also comes to mind Wink

p.s. I very much hope the audit being performed by the cryptographer you deferred to in this matter will help disambiguate, once and for all, the difference between Shadow and Monero. With Respect & Thanks.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 01:06:08 AM

Hey Peter Todd, wondering what you think about ShadowCash?  It seems pretty cool to me, but I am not nearly technical enough to completely understand the inner workings.  I only barely grasp the concepts they are using, but it sounds pretty revolutionary.

They just released their shadow send feature and white paper a couple weeks ago.  White paper here: http://shadow.cash/downloads/shadowcash-anon.pdf

You guys are so stubborn.

Everyone who looks at it who understands this stuff at all (and I do somewhat, but I wouldn't put myself in the same category as a cryptographer referred by Peter Todd) says that is a clone of the cryptonote stealth address plus ring signature scheme, and then the same echo chamber here says "No, its not cryptonote!" As if that would even be a bad thing Huh

It's quite interesting to see.

yourstruly

Activity: 308

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2015, 01:09:02 AM

for the past 3 days ive been unable to access the sdc/btc exchange on excoin

We never received a support ticket regarding issues with the SDC exchange. Can you send us a ticket with the details of your issue? We will resolve it soon as possible.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
Pages: « 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 [196] 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: