Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:21:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 [590] 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
weilichesbin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:22:53 AM

why sdc is raising?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nimelo

Activity: 222
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 12:44:48 PM

why sdc is raising?

Probably this, it says a demo of the new market is planned for end of month
https://decentralize.today/happy-january-a97e7e15fab5#.srawlpq50

That plus the team has all flown from all over the world to Hong Kong for a week long meeting
weilichesbin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 12:46:09 PM

and what is the new market?
Is the market locate on the blockchain or just a site on the onion network?

nimelo

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 01:01:30 PM

and what is the new market?
Is the market locate on the blockchain or just a site on the onion network?

The market will be the first decentralised fully anonymous marketplace, I think it will run over tor or i2p I presume building on Shadowsend (the wallets built in encrypted messaging)

http://aboutshadow.com

https://blog.shadowproject.io/

sitonmythrone

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 06:05:30 AM

why sdc is raising?

dev good dev

big brain super moon

crypto lock coin no find id

trade wallet come soon

Send SPR Dev Jail NOW
nimelo

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2017, 11:47:28 AM

Why would SDC be better than XMR? I already thought of investing in this currency, but I know little of it! Could someone tell me the real differences? If SDC is indeed superior, why does it have a price lower than XMR? What is missing for mass adoption?

I'm biased because I don't know enough about Monero to really compare them fully.

This graphic compares a lot of the features of SDC, Monero, Zcash

(came out before zcash was released)

I think mass adoption for shadowcash will come whenever the market is released, which will hopefully be this quarter

https://doc.shadowproject.io/#shadowmarket
https://decentralize.today/happy-january-a97e7e15fab5#.4envi2b6r (claims market to be demo'd this month)
https://blog.shadowproject.io/2016/09/06/sept-2016-welcome-to-the-umbra/  (claims market 80% compete in september 2016)
https://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-race-for-the-first-decentralised-silk-road-is-on

I think Monero is good for anonymity but without a suitable platform to use it I think the technology will be wasted.

Monero has been accepted by some on DarkNetMarkets but there have already been exit scams so the coins were stolen

https://cointelegraph.com/news/monero-loses-darknet-market-in-apparent-exit-scam

Shadowcash's Umbra marketplace won't have a centralised team that can run off at will.  It will be completely anonymous and decentralised, the very first of its kind.  Funds are protected with two party smart escrow https://doc.shadowproject.io/#two-party-smart-escrow so rogue sellers can't steal your funds.

Shy_Bladder

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:26:38 PM

How do I run the wallet in lite mode?

I checked the box "thin mode" under the options tab, then I restarted the wallet. This didn't work though, and now the wallet is stuck syncing at 0% and no transactions are coming in.

logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 09:21:28 PM

I checked the box "thin mode" under the options tab, then I restarted the wallet. This didn't work though, and now the wallet is stuck syncing at 0% and no transactions are coming in.

Whether its thin or tight, it would not run. Could the thinness of SDC wallet change the fact that substandard quality of gui interface poses a treat to stability of SDC price. If u stay here any longer u will get fed with UMBRA hype and involuntarily coerced into buying of this shit on the open market which u cant feel happy with.

nimelo

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 10:00:24 PM

Whether its thin or tight, it would not run. Could the thinness of SDC wallet change the fact that substandard quality of gui interface poses a treat to stability of SDC price. If u stay here any longer u will get fed with UMBRA hype and involuntarily coerced into buying of this shit on the open market which u cant feel happy with.

Has this been run through google translate or am I talking to a bot?

Your point is to try and attack one of the most beautifully crafted cryto GUI available?

Please post pictures of the Umbra wallet and give us your critique
Quartz-Team

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 12:30:47 AM

Your point is to try and attack one of the most beautifully crafted cryto GUI available?

The 'thin' wallet of SDC doesn't work.

Also, I have an interesting point. Let's say you want to pay someone for something and he provides a SDC stealth address. You then copy and paste the stealth address into your wallet and you pay, say 100 SDC for something using this stealth address. The stealth address generates a normal address to send to and the sender address also appears as a normal address. The actual stealth address you used is not recorded in the blockchain and it is not recorded in your wallets transaction history and it's not recorded anywhere. This is all well and good. Let's say that the seller says (maybe maliciously) "I never received the payment from you, you must have entered the wrong stealth address". You quietly panic and try to find proof of the transaction. It seems that you can not prove that you made a payment to a certain stealth address. The payment you made with the stealth address is not recorded anywhere, not in the blockchain and not in your wallet and there is no way for you to prove the payment like with, say, Bitcoin. All that appears are two newly generated normal addresses and there is no way to correlate the normal address to the stealth address you sent to. You have two options, send the payment again or loose your SDC and walk away.
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 02:13:01 AM

Also, I have an interesting point. Let's say you want to pay someone for something and he provides a SDC stealth address. You then copy and paste the stealth address into your wallet and you pay, say 100 SDC for something using this stealth address. The stealth address generates a normal address to send to and the sender address also appears as a normal address. The actual stealth address you used is not recorded in the blockchain and it is not recorded in your wallets transaction history and it's not recorded anywhere. This is all well and good. Let's say that the seller says (maybe maliciously) "I never received the payment from you, you must have entered the wrong stealth address". You quietly panic and try to find proof of the transaction. It seems that you can not prove that you made a payment to a certain stealth address. The payment you made with the stealth address is not recorded anywhere, not in the blockchain and not in your wallet and there is no way for you to prove the payment like with, say, Bitcoin. All that appears are two newly generated normal addresses and there is no way to correlate the normal address to the stealth address you sent to. You have two options, send the payment again or loose your SDC and walk away.

Wish I had an SDC for every clueless newbie that bothered to post nonsense on this forum. But as I have said many times, it never fails that the losers show up just before the price spikes.  Grin

Thanks man!

Shadowcoin   1.7656 USD   11,686,000 USD   6,618,700   74,136 USD   + 28.19 %
bitpotter

Activity: 1451
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 02:28:52 AM

why sdc is raising?

dev good dev

big brain super moon

trade wallet come soon

Interestingly, at least this a success.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 03:37:51 AM

why sdc is raising?

dev good dev

big brain super moon

trade wallet come soon

Interestingly, at least this a success.

For most of us SDC's success was never in question. Only a matter of when things would get really truly get exciting.

I can say with confidence that time is almost here. Those who took the wait and see approach will be scrambling.
hollandvan

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 03:46:15 AM

Why would SDC be better than XMR? I already thought of investing in this currency, but I know little of it! Could someone tell me the real differences? If SDC is indeed superior, why does it have a price lower than XMR? What is missing for mass adoption?

IMO XMR has large market cap already, but SDC is undervalued if anon coins will go bigger.

irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 06:48:24 AM

All need a process, XMR also through the hard and fight little by little and now XMR got a result so is the SDC will exceed XMR if everything goes smoothly, I am very confident that  Cheesy Wink Wink
MadeinCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 07:00:25 AM

Huh regret always comes too late when they said the SDC would fall down I immediately sold at prices 130k sat and get ready to wait at low prices
The day after I sold all SDC rate rose to 180k I will not repeat it again  Sad
Quartz-Team

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 11:18:15 PM

Wish I had an SDC for every clueless newbie that bothered to post nonsense on this forum. But as I have said many times, it never fails that the losers show up just before the price spikes.  Grin

Thanks man!

Shadowcoin   1.7656 USD   11,686,000 USD   6,618,700   74,136 USD   + 28.19 %

You didn't answer the question though. How do you prove that you sent X SDC to stealth address: smY.....................xx if the intended recipient denies having received the payment. There is no trace of the stealth address in the block explorer to refer back to and not in your wallet transactions either. This is a genuine question. Is this why exchanges like Poloniex only uses 'normal' deposit addresses for SDC and not stealth? Because if there was a dispute you can't prove the transactions as it's unlinked. That is the point isn't it? So, with XMR there is a key that can be used / payment ID that can be shared for the purpose of audit so that a dispute can be settled between the seller / buyer.

https://imgur.com/gQlj9Oy

It's not FUD but a genuine question. How do you prove that you sent to a certain stealth address? I suggest that you can't prove it, hence the exchanges uses 'normal' addresses and so you will need to use 'normal' addresses for trade as well for transparency as there is no audit system with a peyment ID as is the case with XMR.

So, the trust-less system isn't trust-less after all if you use stealth addresses, you will need to trust the recipient not to lie and say he didn't receive the payment.
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 10:03:31 AM

You didn't answer the question though. How do you prove that you sent X SDC to stealth address: smY.....................xx if the intended recipient denies having received the payment. There is no trace of the stealth address in the block explorer to refer back to and not in your wallet transactions either. This is a genuine question. Is this why exchanges like Poloniex only uses 'normal' deposit addresses for SDC and not stealth? Because if there was a dispute you can't prove the transactions as it's unlinked. That is the point isn't it? So, with XMR there is a key that can be used / payment ID that can be shared for the purpose of audit so that a dispute can be settled between the seller / buyer.

It's not FUD but a genuine question. How do you prove that you sent to a certain stealth address? I suggest that you can't prove it, hence the exchanges uses 'normal' addresses and so you will need to use 'normal' addresses for trade as well for transparency as there is no audit system with a peyment ID as is the case with XMR.

So, the trust-less system isn't trust-less after all if you use stealth addresses, you will need to trust the recipient not to lie and say he didn't receive the payment.

You would imagine it would be obvious since the technology is known as "Dual [key] Stealth Addresses" .. i.e. dual simply referring to the pairs of spend and view/scan keys.

^ I am with STUPID!
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 10:06:38 AM

<snip>

Let me correct you. The "thin" mode in Umbra has been disabled due to upgrade to PoSv3 ... It was not a priority and thus will be redesigned inline with PoSv3 in the coming months.

^ I am with STUPID!
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2017, 04:02:58 PM

You would imagine it would be obvious since the technology is known as "Dual [key] Stealth Addresses" .. i.e. dual simply referring to the pairs of spend and view/scan keys.

I also figured it was obvious because he has almost no posting history, and as expected he left a "lonk" to menero and reference to peyment id.  Wink

This is exactly what I expect when they start to see the writing on the wall so to speak. The long wait for SDC's massive success/acceptance are going to make it all that much sweeter.

Maybe we should discuss the GUI next?   Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 [590] 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: