Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:04:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289609 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:40:40 AM

I don't know.

And people wonder why they lose money in the altcoin markets.

The dev hasn't released anything fully yet except what there is in the current client and all the papers are around the internets to prove their implementation.
you can find  all the links you need fist page of this thread  

Nothing gets released until its ready and done a concept you are failing to find all through this thread somehow! When the features you are speaking of are released you will be able to find information on them and how they are implemented but the source will be on a delayed released.

I hope this satisfys you! And before you say the team is hyping i just want you to understand that the community asks for things and we asked for a roadmap it is the community here hyping the new features. And i disagree we shouldn't be but people cant seem to control themselves and end up with people like you asking questions and looking awfully confused which then negates some of the genuine legitimacy and wisdom the dev team possess.

So please forgive some of this community for hyping things they really don't need to be hyping and i hope you can look past the bullshit and understand the process here..

Im sure you are smart and can work out that the team is to be trusted and has a record to prove it and no one is forcing you to do anything but keep and open mind and take a better look without applying all of the garbage you may come carrying in with you! You look like a smart person i'm sure you can work out the difference!

^and that is a well reasoned response and aptly describes the state of shadow. You can't blame some community members for getting excited about their coins, its almost like sport teams and their fans.

I'm in shadow because of the dev, and his consistent and proven track record of delivering on shadow. I have not been let down nor do i expect to be in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 12:31:50 PM

He asked what was ground breaking about SDC i answered i wasn't hyping it and i wouldn't of said zk-SNARKs will be released latter this month if it wasn't clearly stated september on the roadmap and i'm sure the Dev team wouldn't put that on the road map if they didn't think it would be out till november then they would of put november wouldn't they, i'm not trying to hype it because i want the price to stay the same because i only have 175k and i want more.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 12:43:49 PM

He asked what was ground breaking about SDC i answered i wasn't hyping it and i wouldn't of said zk-SNARKs will be released latter this month if it wasn't clearly stated september on the roadmap and i'm sure the Dev team wouldn't put that on the road map if they didn't think it would be out till november then they would of put november wouldn't they, i'm not trying to hype it because i want the price to stay the same because i only have 175k and i want more.

Dont sweat it mate, one day this prolly wont even matter will it.

Btw there is a Twitter tipbot commissioned by TrollsRoyce built by @coinlabs HERE and the guide on how to use it is HERE. Enjoy Smiley
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 12:47:56 PM

Dont sweat it mate, one day this prolly wont even matter will it.

Btw there is a Twitter tipbot commissioned by TrollsRoyce built by @coinlabs HERE and the guide on how to use it is HERE. Enjoy Smiley
Thanks mate just don't want everyone thinking i'm just here to dump at the first rise im here for the long run, full faith in this project, will check the tipbot out.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 12:52:25 PM

Well I figured a small article was in order :

EDIT : changed the title on request, so here's the correct URL :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/soepkip-joins-shadowcoin-as-community-manager
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 01:00:55 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 01:11:01 PM by Cornett

Great job man!

I looking to the future and see SDC at the top! 100%

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:38:01 PM

Let's not create a pump too fast guys, these are killer prices right now. Smiley

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:56:07 PM

Let's not create a pump too fast guys, these are killer prices right now. Smiley

There is building buy support now at 14-20ksat. This days will determine the future price background. Soon we won't see the price below 20k. Mark my words

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 02:57:05 PM

I'm hearing you, deal of the century, i got 40k dumped on me at like 12k yesterday people must be stupid Roll Eyes
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 03:00:11 PM

There is building buy support now at 14-20ksat. This days will determine the future price background. Soon we won't see the price below 20k. Mark my words
+1 About time hey, been good while it lasted though  Tongue
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:21:33 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 03:35:51 PM by Coolstoryteller

Tor is used on heaps of coins, and encrypted video,voice and IM are a big deal, lite wallet for android, IOS that stakes and contains all the before mentioned features plus zk-SNARKs is a big deal.

I'm even more skeptical now because you didn't even bother to link to an explanation of how zk-SNARKS could possibly be used to prove key ownership.

At least wave your hands or make excuses. But don't ignore the question.

[addendum]

Chat, video, phone calls, smoke signals absolutely do not matter to people who care about anonymity and security.

[addendum 2]

XC Tor stick is still vaporware: http://xc-official.com/xc-tor-stick/

A.
I find it odd that you're debating and attempting to belittle a holder based on your assumption that Ryno and the Shadow team are incapable of developing zk-SNARKs into a working crypto. Everything developed here (Shadow) were firsts for crypto (PoS) - Android, iOS, Dual-Key Stealth (authored and open-sourced). Whitepapers always come with new technical releases and not prior. This project functions like a real software project, not a crypto meth lab. Why? Because the Ryno is a real developer, with a heavy background in the financial software development - specifically internet banking infrastructure.

My question to you: Why would he pre-release the blueprints for one of the biggest advances in cryptography since Bitcoin?

If you're a cautious investor, then wait until it gets released (with WP) and panic buy with the rest of the sheep. On the other hand, if you want to find out more information hop into IRC #shadowcoin. The closest you'll get to a spec prior to it's release is the statement below from Bitcoinist. This industry is cut throat and most of the other "developers" are shameless as fuck. This coin has already been cloned about 5 times in the last few weeks.

B. Ownership Solutions
There are different solutions one being coinwitness. If you actually took the time to research this project, or have spoken to someone on the dev team prior to posting here would know that a whitepaper comes with each new technical feature release. Products that are announced are already in the test cycle. Shadow doesn't pre-announce vaporware here. Devs are in IRC pretty much 24/7.

3. How does your privacy methods differ from other methods?

"Our solution (ShadowSend) is completely trustless and it allows automatic creation of new addresses for each transaction. It does not rely on any other nodes to deliver the transaction, so it’s instantaneous. In addition, the transaction sizes are small, so blockchain bloat won’t be an issue.

Furthermore, with our upcoming trustless zk-SNARKs implementation, coin values will be hidden on output transactions to stealth addresses and a proof will be included in the transaction. The benefit of having the values hidden in transactions: no one would be able to trace outputs back to the Coinbase."

- http://bitcoinist.net/shadow-coin-developer-interview/

C.
Private Comm.
You're arguing that chat, video, phone calls that are anonymous do not matter to people who care about "anonymity and security" Lulz. That makes absolutely zero sense. You also state that communication has no value to a cryptocurrency and is a "gimmick" feature.. Man you really have no clue about business do you? The primary factor in a financial or private commerce ecosystem is secure communication between parties. You could have the most secure coin but something like e-mail, txt sms or a call could compromise the transaction or the negotiations. If you look at the preview you can send funds right through the ShadowChat. If you can't see the value or the innovation here then I don't know what to tell you.

P.S. If someone mentions TOR as an innovation for crypto here on Bitcointalk, I'm going to take another break from the altcoin section. The ignorance here shines brighter than anywhere else on the net. Even one of the Bitcoin core developers agrees with me: https://twitter.com/TrolIsRoyce/status/507365985247301632

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:38:09 PM

Tor is used on heaps of coins, and encrypted video,voice and IM are a big deal, lite wallet for android, IOS that stakes and contains all the before mentioned features plus zk-SNARKs is a big deal.

I'm even more skeptical now because you didn't even bother to link to an explanation of how zk-SNARKS could possibly be used to prove key ownership.

At least wave your hands or make excuses. But don't ignore the question.

[addendum]

Chat, video, phone calls, smoke signals absolutely do not matter to people who care about anonymity and security.

[addendum 2]

XC Tor stick is still vaporware: http://xc-official.com/xc-tor-stick/

A.
I find it odd that you're debating and attempting to belittle a holder based on your assumption that Ryno and the Shadow team are incapable of developing zk-SNARKs into a working crypto. Everything developed here (Shadow) were firsts for crypto (PoS) - Android, iOS, Dual-Key Stealth (authored and open-sourced). Whitepapers always come with new technical releases and not prior. This project functions like a real software project, not a crypto meth lab. Why? Because the Ryno is a real developer, with a heavy background in the financial software development - specifically internet banking infrastructure.

My question to you: Why would he pre-release the blueprints for one of the biggest advances in cryptography since Bitcoin?

If you're a cautious investor, then wait until it gets released (with WP) and panic buy with the rest of the sheep. On the other hand, if you want to find out more information hop into IRC #shadowcoin. The closest you'll get to a spec prior to it's release is the statement below from Bitcoinist. This industry is cut throat and most of the other "developers" are shameless as fuck. This coin has already been cloned about 5 times in the last few weeks.

B. Ownership Solutions
There are different solutions one being coinwitness. If you actually took the time to research this project, or have spoken to someone on the dev team prior to posting here would know that a whitepaper comes with each new technical feature release. Products that are announced are already in the test cycle. Shadow doesn't pre-announce vaporware here. Devs are in IRC pretty much 24/7.

3. How does your privacy methods differ from other methods?

"Our solution (ShadowSend) is completely trustless and it allows automatic creation of new addresses for each transaction. It does not rely on any other nodes to deliver the transaction, so it’s instantaneous. In addition, the transaction sizes are small, so blockchain bloat won’t be an issue.

Furthermore, with our upcoming trustless zk-SNARKs implementation, coin values will be hidden on output transactions to stealth addresses and a proof will be included in the transaction. The benefit of having the values hidden in transactions: no one would be able to trace outputs back to the Coinbase."

- http://bitcoinist.net/shadow-coin-developer-interview/

C.
Private Comm.
You're arguing that chat, video, phone calls that are anonymous do not matter to people who care about "anonymity and security" Lulz. That makes absolutely zero sense. You also state that communication has no value to a cryptocurrency and is a "gimmick" feature.. Man you really have no clue about business do you? The primary factor in a financial or private commerce ecosystem is secure communication between parties. You could have the most secure coin but something like e-mail, txt sms or a call could compromise the transaction or the negotiations. If you look at the preview you can send funds right through the ShadowChat. If you can't see the value or the innovation here then I don't know what to tell you.

P.S. If someone mentions TOR as an innovation for crypto here on Bitcointalk, I'm going to take another break from the altcoin section. The ignorance here shines brighter than anywhere else on the net. Even one of the Bitcoin core developers agrees with me: https://twitter.com/TrolIsRoyce/status/507365985247301632

+1 Coolstoryteller is one of the most trustworthy and knowledgeable person in this forum.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 03:51:27 PM

+1 well said Coolstoryteller.
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 03:53:47 PM

Hey fearcoka, thanks for the kind remarks.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:00:39 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2014, 05:14:54 PM by tx42

The primary factor in a financial or private commerce ecosystem is secure communication between parties.

Jamming chat, etc., in a wallet is a poor attempt to conflate different types of information exchange. In a true trustless and anonymous transaction protocol, the information is a shared secret between sender and receiver that allows the receiver to prove a transfer of ownership.

You may think to yourself that chat solves this problem. Namely, sender and receiver set up an encrypted channel and exchange the secret. That can work great, but you don't need zk proofs in this situation. zk proofs solve the problem of ever exchanging the secret in the first place. So you don't need chat. I.e. it's cryptographically irrelevant.

Chat also has the problem that the sender and receiver need direct communication to exchange the secret. That's horribly limiting: "Hey Ted, we need to exchange some money, when are you available to do that?" At some point, the conversation has to be initiated on the private channel. So sender and recipient have to meet and exchange a secret to meet up on the channel. It defers the problem and so you still haven't solved it. Again. Chat, etc. become irrelevant because of this need to establish the private channel.

Also, zk proofs are good to solve the problem of exchanging a secret because it eliminates the need of the exchange. But stealth addresses already do that. So why implement zk proofs to solve a problem already solved by the coin that you cloned from (vertcoin)?

Right now, for crypto, zk proofs have been promised for zerocoin (zk=zero knowledge). But zerocoin is being worked on by people (1) smart enough to conceive of it, (2) smart enough to provide a public blue print giving enough information for one to determine where the proof fits, and (3) smart enough to know that even with this blueprint, they are still going to beat anyone who tries to implement their idea.

Hence, my conclusion (for which I can find no contradictory evidence) is that the shadowcoin dev borrowed "zk-SNARK" from the zerocoin whitepaper in the hopes that they make a release and he can clone the technology into shadowcoin.

I have no doubt that the SDC dev can pull this off. My doubt lies completely with the zerocoin team in that they have conceived of an idea that is impractical to implement and therefore impossible to clone because it will never exist.

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 05:22:16 PM

yeah...because the zerocoin devs are the only ones in the world with the skills to make a system like zk-SNARKs..right..
the free encrypted video chat, and voice calling will probably be used by people who don't even use crypto, they will download the client and just use it for those features this will help bring crypto to a wider audience, you could say why do we need it we have skype, but we also have many other apps that do what skype does and there all successful, so why wouldn't something that does what they do + so much more not also be successful?
and it will be used for much more then just saying " hi, i want' to buy something" .
I will drop another hint, silkroad will not be needed anymore, why use silkroad which is centralized when you have a decentralized option now all you need is a site with peoples public addresses and product details, like to see the feds take that down, but that has nothing to do with us ofc, but someone will do it and it will happen i can guarantee and is just one of the many reasons coins like SDC with these features will become popular, try to have a bit of vision bro.
tx42

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:27:13 PM

try to have a bit of vision bro.

Yeah, I'm trying to envision a coin that solves the real cryptographic problems with anonymity. BBR is as close as it comes right now, unfortunately.

..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 05:30:47 PM

Well go there and tell em how well there doing everything, instead of hanging around here telling us how well were not doing everything, we have told you everything we can if you don't like whats happening move on and don't invest.
RW-Stott

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:42:28 PM

Good signs folks... Shills are out in force. We may see an ATH soon.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 05:53:40 PM

Good signs folks... Shills are out in force. We may see an ATH soon.
Yes only happens during a rise doesn't it, i should ignore them, but that's no fun.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: