Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:28:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 05:39:26 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 06:12:32 AM by dadon

If someone sets up a donation address( would prefer someone involved with development ) i will send 1k over i haven't sold any i'm still holding strong for 4 months now only adding to my stash so i guess people do accumulate during lows, the swings don't bother me i know i am in possession of a revolutionary product and literal gold mine, I appreciate all the hard work the Devs have done for this project and my investment it is the most amazing thing i have seen blossom out of the crypto jungle, one day it may just change the world and help me retire very early in life, so hats off to you Team shadow and ryno rest up hope you feeling better soon mate, btw to the community sorry for the outburst the other day at Smooth it was uncalled for should of bit my tounge but i see how hard the team is working and how much tireless hours have gone into this, been here a long time and never seen innovation and development like this  and i am a bit defensive of it, so yeah sorry, happy new year people 2015 WILL BE !!the year of the shadow and you better believe it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zuyfg888

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:00:06 AM

We should go to other exchanges.
Not bittrex.
Maybe https://exco.in/exchange/BTC/SDC or https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sdc.
Otherwise we never see the rise in SDC.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:35:11 AM

The only "problem" of SDC is

a) that people have been burned off too many times by scamcoins / p&d coins that were trying to get into the anon market with false promises

b) the lack of technical knowledge to evaluate whether a solution is real or scam (which led to (a) in the first place)

For me it is clear that SDC is in the running in the anon market along with DRK and Cryptonote coins. Is any solution perfect? No, as most solutions have big tradeoffs, but at least they aren't vaporware / promises / "white papers" etc.

Technically speaking, it'd be interesting for the dev team to run a testnet simulation to check anonymity and bloat / scaling impact, as well as spam attack vectors against the blockchain.

The coin needs to have some history. Give it a year, let the various businesses that deal in altcoins do actual commerce with it, work out any bugs in the wallets.

Anybody here do any business on the Silk Road equivalents, any interest in the coin on those markets?

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 07:52:10 AM

It is best for the reputation of SDC to not approach any dark markets, when Evan first released Dark the armory was going to accept it until they discovered it was closed source but Evan never approached them, they heard about it on the grapevine and just decided they would, if you build it they will come, we do not have to lift a finger it will just happen Wink
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 08:06:09 AM

The only "problem" of SDC is

a) that people have been burned off too many times by scamcoins / p&d coins that were trying to get into the anon market with false promises

b) the lack of technical knowledge to evaluate whether a solution is real or scam (which led to (a) in the first place)

For me it is clear that SDC is in the running in the anon market along with DRK and Cryptonote coins. Is any solution perfect? No, as most solutions have big tradeoffs, but at least they aren't vaporware / promises / "white papers" etc.

Technically speaking, it'd be interesting for the dev team to run a testnet simulation to check anonymity and bloat / scaling impact, as well as spam attack vectors against the blockchain.

No. That's not the problem. The problem is the toxic community of this coin. I thought I would be safe to buy after a dip from 40k, but it has just kept going down. The community here attacked so many coins that it just can't win adoption. There is no healing of the wounds. There are too many bad memories. You can not trust this community. You can not trust the biggest holders because they actively go out and ruin the name of the coin. If you bought thinking you found a good thing, you didn't you found the poison pill. Get out before you get dumped on.

The irresponsible devs who delete every post should keep my warning up. It will protect new investors who will lose money here. This coin will never have value. By deleting this message, you just contribute to the scam that is shadow.

I am one of the biggest holders and i do not bash other coins unless it's here and it's very rare i don't go to other threads and stir shit like ever! so  Roll Eyes and the dev is unresponsive because he is actually developing unlike the other 90% of devs who just talk shit the more the dev is on the thread the more i get nervous, unless nothing is happening and your not hearing from the dev's that's a different story, but when you see so much achieved in a few short months and the dev is silent but things are still being released and they actually work how there supposed too it's a good sign some individuals here have been active in other threads big deal you think any true investors with real money give a toss, uhmm no now if rhyno was going into other threads bashing other coins they might, but he doesn't so they don't the community's behavior has nothing to do with the morals or ethics of the developers and this is a fact.
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:09:04 AM

I love the trolls who just call scam with no evidence at all.  Say what you want about ShadowCash.  If you don't like it fine.  But calling a scam with no evidence is pretty pathetic.

If we can design an appropriate marketing campaign I would also be willing to donate.  I know some crypto news sites offer paid articles.  Would be nice to get on Coindesk I think.
p4ch1nk0

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:17:11 AM

We should go to other exchanges.
Not bittrex.
Maybe https://exco.in/exchange/BTC/SDC or https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sdc.
Otherwise we never see the rise in SDC.

I do all my SDC trades (and pretty much every other coin) on poloniex
Pline

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:17:38 AM

I love the trolls who just call scam with no evidence at all.  Say what you want about ShadowCash.  If you don't like it fine.  But calling a scam with no evidence is pretty pathetic.

If we can design an appropriate marketing campaign I would also be willing to donate.  I know some crypto news sites offer paid articles.  Would be nice to get on Coindesk I think.

It's not sinking in is it? This coin is a scam because it will never have value. The big holders will dump and they will ruin the name. They have been dumping since the latest release. The broader crypto community will not buy this coin because the brand has been destroyed by the fud trolls that come from shadow. And FFS, it's neat what the Ryno did here, but it's not the best anon. Not by a long shot.

Please tell us why its not the best anon, and what anon-coin is better and why.  So you are admitting that what Ryno did is "neat", yet its a scam because the price is where its at?  Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?  You also really don't understand markets much.  A market with low liquidity like this is going to have a lot of volatility, but the upside potential is huge.  To say its a scam is a horrible lie.  You think its a scam because the price is low and will never go up according to you?  That is a fallacy in of itself, but also you must have a crystal ball to see the future.  The price is already rebounding, looks like it found the floor.  But the price does not matter anyways, what matters is tech.  The real scam coins are the ones with inflated fake prices.  To call ShadowCash a scam simply because the price is where its at is preposterous.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 08:18:29 AM

It's not sinking in is it? This coin is a scam because it will never have value. The big holders will dump and they will ruin the name. They have been dumping since the latest release. The broader crypto community will not buy this coin because the brand has been destroyed by the fud trolls that come from shadow. It's neat what the Ryno did here, but FFS it's not the best anon. Not by a long shot.
been holding for 4 months dumped nothing only bought more do not intend to dump anytime soon and i will do it slowly when i do proably many years from now.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 08:22:31 AM

WoW!! just saw the language options in the new wallet never noticed before..you continue to amaze me this is rarely an option in a wallet but vital, well done.
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:24:26 AM

It is best for the reputation of SDC to not approach any dark markets, when Evan first released Dark the armory was going to accept it until they discovered it was closed source but Evan never approached them, they heard about it on the grapevine and just decided they would, if you build it they will come, we do not have to lift a finger it will just happen Wink

Sure, I wasn't suggesting SDC make any kind of special arrangement with these markets.

What I meant is, bluntly, does anybody here buy or sell their dope on dark markets? It's been decades since I've used dope (so long ago, they were still calling it dope  Grin) so I don't know anything about how it is trafficked now. If so, what premium do you think people would be willing to pay to use SDC with ZK over BTC, which could theoretically be traced and create problems for buyer or seller? And would not a person living in a country where you get executed for that activity be willing to pay an even higher premium? Using the coin like that will provide a consistent and reliable price advantage of SDC/Shadow relative to BTC.

Now a real coup for the coin would be to provide it in a form that is easily usable by whores. Even where that is not a serious crime it is still a major embarrassment to be caught at it and men will and already do pay huge premiums to avoid detection, which can lead to divorce and loss of one's career. You would need an Android light wallet (because whores use phones not computers) and you would also need one-touch conversion to a fiat debit card. Secure communication with at least photo transfer through the wallet would probably also be necessary, and it would have to be as easy to use as SMS, Facebook, Skype, or any of those things that are intended for very common people. The reason why I think prostitution will be the killer app for crypto is that a whore has no suppliers she has to pay, and thus has no need to quickly dump the coin. It will also make prostitution arrests a thing of the past, because at least in the US if you can't prove funds changed hands you can't prove prostitution.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 08:38:12 AM

Sure, I wasn't suggesting SDC make any kind of special arrangement with these markets.

What I meant is, bluntly, does anybody here buy or sell their dope on dark markets? It's been decades since I've used dope (so long ago, they were still calling it dope  Grin) so I don't know anything about how it is trafficked now. If so, what premium do you think people would be willing to pay to use SDC with ZK over BTC, which could theoretically be traced and create problems for buyer or seller? And would not a person living in a country where you get executed for that activity be willing to pay an even higher premium? Using the coin like that will provide a consistent and reliable price advantage of SDC/Shadow relative to BTC.

Now a real coup for the coin would be to provide it in a form that is easily usable by whores. Even where that is not a serious crime it is still a major embarrassment to be caught at it and men will and already do pay huge premiums to avoid detection, which can lead to divorce and loss of one's career. You would need an Android light wallet (because whores use phones not computers) and you would also need one-touch conversion to a fiat debit card. Secure communication with at least photo transfer through the wallet would probably also be necessary, and it would have to be as easy to use as SMS, Facebook, Skype, or any of those things that are intended for very common people. The reason why I think prostitution will be the killer app for crypto is that a whore has no suppliers she has to pay, and thus has no need to quickly dump the coin. It will also make prostitution arrests a thing of the past, because at least in the US if you can't prove funds changed hands you can't prove prostitution.
with the new wallet you don't even need a site like silkroad you have encrypted messaging and anonymous transactions in the one client, all you would need is some kind of board or forum that listed peoples SDC chat handles and you could do the business straight from the wallet with no centralized market that could ever be taken down by the feds, it's almost unstoppable and the possibility's are endless, say im selling gold i could post my public chat key on some site that listed peoples chat keys and the product they were selling maybe a reputation system would be used to stop scammers, but people could just get my key tell me how much gold they wanted and basically with one click send me the payment and the shipping info, and it's completely decentralized almost impossible to take down unlike silkroad etc, it's delicious hahaha. and yes perfect for prostitution, political activists in corrupt country's whistle blowers as said endless possibilitys.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 08:44:57 AM

I would love to see a SDC social media network built into the wallet but were everyone used alias's instead of there real identity's opens up so many windows of opportunity for growth and a massive marketcap, it would most probably end up being used to organize events such as we saw twitter and facebook used to organize the arab springs but were people could organize these events without the fear of being thrown in some dark dungeon to have there nails pulled out, now that would truly be a revolutionary tech and journalists and whistle blowers would be all over it like a fat kid on a cupcake.
Pline

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:52:52 AM

It's not sinking in is it? This coin is a scam because it will never have value. The big holders will dump and they will ruin the name. They have been dumping since the latest release. The broader crypto community will not buy this coin because the brand has been destroyed by the fud trolls that come from shadow. And FFS, it's neat what the Ryno did here, but it's not the best anon. Not by a long shot.

Please tell us why its not the best anon, and what anon-coin is better and why.  So you are admitting that what Ryno did is "neat", yet its a scam because the price is where its at?  Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?  You also really don't understand markets much.  A market with low liquidity like this is going to have a lot of volatility, but the upside potential is huge.  To say its a scam is a horrible lie.  You think its a scam because the price is low and will never go up according to you?  That is a fallacy in of itself, but also you must have a crystal ball to see the future.  The price is already rebounding, looks like it found the floor.  But the price does not matter anyways, what matters is tech.  The real scam coins are the ones with inflated fake prices.  To call ShadowCash a scam simply because the price is where its at is preposterous.

It's a scam because the people who hold it have no scruples. They will dump on new investors. They are doing it and they are not done yet. You are completely ignoring who you are doing business with when you buy into this coin. The ring signatures is a carbon copy of the scheme from cryptonote except maybe the code was changed so it wouldn't be a "copy". A good dev would just rip the code outright and plug in the signatures, not try to reinvent the wheel by creating something with a limited feature set.

And also, a lot of investors who have been around have seen the shadow crew trash their coins and wreck their investments. There are many many many out there. This coin will never gain traction because the community has actively made enemies. CAVEAT EMPTOR IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT SDC FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!

You have made a lot on shadow because you are an early investor. Congratulations. But new investors will not make money. There is too much sell pressure from big holders who need to exit. They are not nearly done yet.

Ok, well it is the best anon solution on the market, you said it wasn't and I asked you to tell us what is better and why and you have failed to do so. So your contention with Ryno is he should have copy pasted the code like a "good dev".  From my understanding Ryno and the devs are working towards a future goal very methodically.  Your accusation that the code was "maybe only changed so it would not be a 'copy'" really lacks any evidence to back it up.  It does not seem very logical for Ryno to do that.

It sounds like you are mad that they are competing with your coin, and "trashed" your coin.  I don't think anyone is trying to make enemies here, but we did get a lot of attacks from other coin devs coming here and acting rude to us. Some of their criticism was constructive, but much of it was not or it was delivered in a snarky or misleading way.  Some from the SDC community lashed back as humans do.  I would like to reach out to you and welcome you into the community.  It seems we have a common goal of crypto privacy.  I think all of the anon-coins should have higher market caps. But I think a big problem is people get emotionally invested in their coin.  Its healthy to have competition.  But its unhealthy to have a closed mind because of your financial holdings. Also its unhealthy to make unfounded accusations on other coins just to try to push your own investments or agenda.  Maybe you held some Shadow before and have dumped it, so now psychologically you want the price to go down.  Believe me I have been there before.  But its best to squash all that, and just support the coins because of the tech, and freedom, and privacy they allow.  Price matters, but its not what matters most.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:24:34 AM

Also its unhealthy to make unfounded accusations on other coins just to try to push your own investments or agenda.

That's the shadow MO. You'll find out. Congratulations on getting in early.

Proof or gtfo. Sick of you xst tards still sooking. ShadowCash has entire threads with baseless accusations on it, taking top spots in search results. You don't see us in their favored coin threads sooking like a little baby.

Jesus Christ i wish you kids would grow a set and move on!

No one talk to this fool. Clearly has no idea what its talking about.
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 10:31:45 AM

Also its unhealthy to make unfounded accusations on other coins just to try to push your own investments or agenda.

That's the shadow MO. You'll find out. Congratulations on getting in early.

Proof or gtfo. Sick of you xst tards still sooking. ShadowCash has entire threads with baseless accusations on it, taking top spots in search results. You don't see us in their favored coin threads sooking like a little baby.

Jesus Christ i wish you kids would grow a set and move on!

No one talk to this fool. Clearly has no idea what its talking about.
LongAndShort would you be interested in starting a giveaway i'm willing to send 1k over to kick it off, thanks for the fix for the wallet as well worked a charm yeah i'm only asking because i know i can trust you to not rip me off, offer is on the table, if you are interested would prefer 10 sdc per person the more people the better imo.
Pline

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:35:52 AM

I am going to e-mail coindesk and ask them to cover the Shadow project and the recent implementation of the Shadow send feature. The anonymity along with Shadow Chat, and the soon to be decentralized marketplace would make for a good story.  Maybe its a longshot, but they do say they accept news pitches.  It might help if others contact them as well: http://www.coindesk.com/contact-us/
dadon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 10:45:04 AM

I am going to e-mail coindesk and ask them to cover the Shadow project and the recent implementation of the Shadow send feature. The anonymity along with Shadow Chat, and the soon to be decentralized marketplace would make for a good story.  Maybe its a longshot, but they do say they accept news pitches.  It might help if others contact them as well: http://www.coindesk.com/contact-us/
Nice idea Bro will also do.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:49:02 AM

Why do you guys say SDC got the best anon solution? Has it been proven? Where can I find some info of that compared to the other private coins?
Thank you, regards.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:00:25 AM

What perplexes me is why people are bending over backward to claim that shadowsend doesn't use (something very close to the) the cryptonote design for anonymous coins. It's a great system, the best one around. Your project and developers should be congratulated for choosing it and apparently implementing it effectively.

Instead this turns into a food fight over claims of "No, it's completely new!" (which as someone else pointed out is rather silly even if it weren't incorrect with respect to cryptonote, since every single coin is copied from bitcoin) and who is supposedly advertising in your thread. Silly.

Just give cryptonote their due credit for their part of all this (which is sort of done in the white paper since they are listed as a reference) and get back to the business of building and promoting the coin.

The reason for the behavior could be that they were told Shadow would get "ZK" and that would blow everyone's minds and make Shadow stand out and make everything else obsolete. It's tough to give up that thought.

Give it up? Why? All of what you just said is accomplished.

"Your move ill-odin…"
(with russian* accent)

http://www.monitor.co.ug/image/view/-/1909066/highRes/539956/-/maxw/600/-/3guimc/-/news003px.jpg
*georgian to be precise

What I meant was all the talk previously that "snarks can be slotted right in" and "it will blow everything else out of the water" etc as if it was just around the corner and in the works, and now it looks like snarks are coming only if someone somewhere figures out how to do it efficiently and publishes a white paper, and it's not even clear if that's even possible. But if/when that happens, anyone can implement that into their coin.

Can drk implement into their coin? Can you name me a project that has a working pos litewallet or even one that has a staking wallet that works on the iOS platform...Can you name me one other project that has that AND a network leveraged encrypted messaging app within it?
A coin can Try to implement snarks and TRY to get the trust of an already very jaded crypto community. Or they can support one that has proven its worth by its MANY crypto firsts and unique implementations coupled with its useful utility and complete inovation! Bitcoin is the front runner in its field and ShadowCash is the front runner here!

cmon what you are saying is weak and i expected far better from you.

All i see is assholes trying to discount extremely good use of dev time, shame on you seriously. This project is a gold mine for anyone with half a brain to build on it. And when we finally get to that point, which i cant wait for because i'm just sick of these really one sided discussions about its future. From people who just have tons of bias towards it because its a massive threat to their prior investments. Its done 10x the work on itself then any other project out there in the same time on the same budget. It is 10x more useful and efficient to its targeted market, then anything out there already and it has 10x better future then every other project out there besides a very small, select few that have actual decentralized utility or infrastructure built to leverage it. And not some claim to it!

I'm not claiming anything that isn't already done by this project.
Pages: « 1 ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 [188] 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: