Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 12:52:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:01:32 AM

Why do you guys say SDC got the best anon solution? Has it been proven? Where can I find some info of that compared to the other private coins?
Thank you, regards.

Seen the benchmarks in the wp? Not able to compare that with other projects?
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:22:46 AM

Why do you guys say SDC got the best anon solution? Has it been proven? Where can I find some info of that compared to the other private coins?
Thank you, regards.

I am not able to compare them. What does it mean? Is there anything for dummies?
Between are you looking for a code audit or the tech is already bulletproof against all possible attack vectors?
Once I heard on this forum that an anon off-chain solution is better than an on-chain one, is it true?

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 12:22:20 PM

Thank you, regards.

I am not able to compare them. What does it mean? Is there anything for dummies?
Between are you looking for a code audit or the tech is already bulletproof against all possible attack vectors?
Once I heard on this forum that an anon off-chain solution is better than an on-chain one, is it true?

Maybe check out this slide presentation, I think it explains it well: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1yX2jN618Rnzs4g2ri_utdKdHbny6-xnRcPhOuhLNGB0/edit?pli=1#slide=id.g577a31a2a_086

Hopefully we will have some respected people review the code.  There are still some attack vectors if you don't take precautions with your amounts and timing.  For example, you transfer 27.75664321 SDC to Shadow.  Then 5 minutes later u turn the exact same amount less the fee back to SDC, its going to be pretty obvious.  As for the crypto, there are probably some attack vectors if the ring sizes are too small and such things.  I am not an expert, but Rynomster the lead dev should be coming back soon to help clarify our questions.  He has been sick with the flu lately.

Also as for off-chain/on-chain solutions that depends on what your exact definitions of those things are.  But taking it to mean one way, it could suggest that an off-chain solution is a centralized solution.  This causes problems with trust.  On-chain solutions have issues as well.  I think coin-join solutions kind of fall short, and have too many attack vectors from a government adversary.  Zero knowledge crypto is a much better solution in my opinon, and it should be done "on-chain" depending on your definition, and it should be done with zero trust as well. Some of the crypto has to be set up using a trust model, trusting on the people who set it up, but from what I understand Shadow is striving to eliminate that need for trust, and still have complete zero knowledge anonymity.

Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:03:50 PM

Hopefully we will have some respected people review the code.  There are still some attack vectors if you don't take precautions with your amounts and timing.  For example, you transfer 27.75664321 SDC to Shadow. Then 5 minutes later u turn the exact same amount less the fee back to SDC, its going to be pretty obvious.  

That would be circumstantial evidence which as far as I'm aware is not the irrefutable evidence that is needed compile a dead cert case.

If the person is worried about said circumstantial evidence then he / she would probably take the simple precautions to ensure that wouldn't happen. i.e waiting more than 5 minutes by holding shadow for a longer time period in advance and not swapping the exact same values.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:09:53 PM

Ill prob set u a stealth addy and convert several thousand SDC to Shadow and just spend from that pool gradually over time…  Cool

Watch those coins go bye-bye from the blockchain… how sweet is that?

Pline

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:11:18 PM

Ill prob set u a stealth addy and convert several thousand SDC to Shadow and just spend from that pool gradually over time…  Cool

Watch those coins go bye-bye from the blockchain… how sweet is that?

Yes keeping a large pool of Shadow on hand seems ideal, then spend smaller amounts from the pool.  Just use common sense.
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:52:07 PM

Hopefully we will have some respected people review the code.  There are still some attack vectors if you don't take precautions with your amounts and timing.  For example, you transfer 27.75664321 SDC to Shadow. Then 5 minutes later u turn the exact same amount less the fee back to SDC, its going to be pretty obvious.   

It is not quite as simple as that ....
Look here : http://shadowtn.blockexplorer.cc/tx/47da4aca657ec9fe4ab7de6fa1e3dd5e935474151bfcc18d39c3b537885f25bd

Now tell me how much Shadow --> Shadow I sent Wink

^ I am with STUPID!
Pline

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:21:02 PM

I e-mailed Coindesk and pitched them ShadowCash for a story. Told them about Shadow Send being implemented. I sent them tons of links and information. Told them about Shadow Chat and ShadyBay decentralized marketplace soon.  Told them Ryno would probably do an interview, I am guessing since he did an interview before for some smaller crypto news sites.  I remember several months back during the DRK bubble, Coindesk had a story saying "How Darkcoin became the king of alts".

I think we have a better chance of getting on their radar if more of us send inquiries to them:  http://www.coindesk.com/contact-us/
child_harold

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:23:28 PM

I e-mailed Coindesk and pitched them ShadowCash for a story. Told them about Shadow Send being implemented. I sent them tons of links and information. Told them about Shadow Chat and ShadyBay decentralized marketplace soon.  Told them Ryno would probably do an interview, I am guessing since he did an interview before for some smaller crypto news sites.  I remember several months back during the DRK bubble, Coindesk had a story saying "How Darkcoin became the king of alts".

I think we have a better chance of getting on their radar if more of us send inquiries to them:  http://www.coindesk.com/contact-us/

excellent work!

child_harold

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:23:59 PM

Hopefully we will have some respected people review the code.  There are still some attack vectors if you don't take precautions with your amounts and timing.  For example, you transfer 27.75664321 SDC to Shadow. Then 5 minutes later u turn the exact same amount less the fee back to SDC, its going to be pretty obvious.  

Look here : http://shadowtn.blockexplorer.cc/tx/47da4aca657ec9fe4ab7de6fa1e3dd5e935474151bfcc18d39c3b537885f25bd

dunno,  guessing like 50? (just added the outputs like an idiot so im guessing its wrong)

edit: how many did u in fact send?

p.s. if i guess right do i get to have dinner with you and Ryno?

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:00:53 PM

dunno,  guessing like 50? (just added the outputs like an idiot so im guessing its wrong)

My first guess is: 20
Second guess: 10
 Wink
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:18:21 PM

Hello ShadowCash community !

You got my attention with the PoH Awards (looks like you win in front of darkcoin)!

I read some of the first 100 pages of the thread and got excited about this altcoin. But then, I saw all the trolling, the senseless verbal jousting, and most importantly, the lack of communication from the dev.

Of course everybody needs holidays, or might get sick, but I do believe that even if you are in hospital, you can still spend 10 minutes of your time each day to moderate and communicate with the community you have created or have someone do it for you. I am part of other altcoins communities, and the main devs are always present when uncertainty arises, or to slap some trolls in the face.

I see here a great coin, but with an absent leader, I hardly see how I could invest in it. Sometimes, when I invest in a coin, I just need to see a post from the creator to feel confident !

P.S.: Ryno,  pls connect 10min in here and delete all trolling, and come back to your community, and to welcome new possible investors as myself!

Welcome!

These two places are good spots to find Ryno / SDCDev
child_harold

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:31:49 PM

You got my attention with the PoH Awards (looks like you win in front of darkcoin)!

I read some of the first 100 pages of the thread and got excited about this altcoin. But then, I saw all the trolling, the senseless verbal jousting, and most importantly, the lack of communication from the dev.

Of course everybody needs holidays, or might get sick, but I do believe that even if you are in hospital, you can still spend 10 minutes of your time each day to moderate and communicate with the community you have created or have someone do it for you. I am part of other altcoins communities, and the main devs are always present when uncertainty arises, or to slap some trolls in the face.

I see here a great coin, but with an absent leader, I hardly see how I could invest in it. Sometimes, when I invest in a coin, I just need to see a post from the creator to feel confident !

P.S.: Ryno,  pls connect 10min in here and delete all trolling, and come back to your community, and to welcome new possible investors as myself!

Welcome!

These two places are good spots to find Ryno / SDCDev

Welcome! Im sure ryno will be along soon…

dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:40:57 PM

Wink

Actual amount was 24 .... our dinner date if off for the moment Wink
Point made though, it is almost impossible to prove what the transact amount was.

^ I am with STUPID!
child_harold

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 03:56:16 PM

Wink

Actual amount was 24 .... our dinner date if off for the moment Wink
Point made though, it is almost impossible to prove what the transact amount was.

sorry i meant o say 24 Wink Cheesy

Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:18:56 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 04:36:18 PM by Coolstoryteller

Welcome! There are plenty of team members available for the community here, on our forums www.shadowtalk.org and in IRC #shadowcash Despite being under the weather our lead dev is still in communication. He was in IRC for a brief moment on Sunday. As someone new to the project you should understand that since July the dev team has been clocking in 18 hour+ days sometimes writing code for 2-3 days straight. Any break that they are taking is well deserved Smiley

That being said, thanks for the kind words and don't mind the trolls.. they've been attacking us since the founding of the project. This is our 2nd thread, the last thread was unmoderated and filled with trolls angry that there is actually real development going on here. In fact, there are numerous baseless FUD threads dedicated to Shadow.. most were started from devs within the Blocknet project or hired by the pump groups supporting it. We've made a section on our forums for baseless accusations anyone is more than welcome to post their concerns there: http://shadowtalk.org/category/38/fud-fear-uncertainty-and-doubt

Also guys please don't quote the trolls! It's just like re-posting investment advice from a crackhead! When you see some random posting FUD just do a quick search on their post history and you'll find that most are active within the SDC FUD threads. There's no point entertaining baseless accusations because at the end of the day you're just feeding them by giving them attention. The 'ignore user' feature is your friend!

Keep the thread technical and remember this when you see a troll come here:

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Pline

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:35:54 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 04:47:31 PM by Pline

Recent article on anonymous bitcoin transactions: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/stealth-payments-create-anonymous-bitcoin-transactions/

Someone is mentioning ShadowCash in the comments.  I tried to comment to mention ShadowChat and ShadyBay but it would not let me.  Also Adam Back the inventor of Hash Cash is posting in the comments.  Sure would be good to get on that guys radar!

Edit: Looks like they just deleted the guys comment about ShadowCash!
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 04:52:41 PM

Recent article on anonymous bitcoin transactions: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/stealth-payments-create-anonymous-bitcoin-transactions/

Someone is mentioning ShadowCash in the comments.  I tried to comment to mention ShadowChat and ShadyBay but it would not let me.  Also Adam Back the inventor of Hash Cash is posting in the comments.  Sure would be good to get on that guys radar!

Adam knows about this project.
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:05:33 PM

Interesting that he suggests Bitcoin acquire a messaging system sounds like ShadowChat Cheesy

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Pline

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:09:31 PM

He has some interesting concerns about stealth addresses:

I think its an interesting idea that multiple people reinvented (I was one of them, but there were 5 and some predate Peter Todd's and also mine). The problem is identified in the article: to receive you have to scan the entire block chain and trial decrypt each one. The solution hint is actually worse than not using stealth addresses (shard or prefix index etc) - because that allows a passive adversary to use that hint to eliminate from the already weak network flow analysis. When I thought of the idea these problems caused me to reject the solution. The other idea - that you out source your scanning to a random server isnt so hot as it sees all of your received transactions. I actually came up with a better solution called IBE addresses https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=431756.new.... though its still not ideal as the crypto is a bit more complex, somewhat though not horribly novel, and a bit more computationally intensive. anyway I think the Dark Wallet guys got impatient and stealth addresses have a cooler name and are simpler, so started coding. another even simpler solution is to use pseudonymous email system to send the recipient the payment, and they can broadcast it themselves. in my view bitcoin needs a store & forward distributed/redundant/reliable privacy preserving message bus.

Not sure how the dual-key stealth addresses in Shadow work, anyone have any insight?  What's the advantage of dual-key stealth address compared to regular stealth address?
Pages: « 1 ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 [189] 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: