Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 612 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SDC] ShadowCash | Welcome to the UMBRA  (Read 1289610 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:29:27 PM

Someone posting this darkcoin video on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2qtwiz/bitcoin_is_dead_long_live_darkcoin/

Hit em with knowledge on what a true anon coin is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fearcoka
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:23:17 PM

I think we need to be patient and everything will fall into place.

Just Nao Tomori and Bitcoin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:35:35 PM

Hopefully we will have some respected people review the code.  There are still some attack vectors if you don't take precautions with your amounts and timing.  For example, you transfer 27.75664321 SDC to Shadow. Then 5 minutes later u turn the exact same amount less the fee back to SDC, its going to be pretty obvious.   

It is not quite as simple as that ....
Look here : http://shadowtn.blockexplorer.cc/tx/47da4aca657ec9fe4ab7de6fa1e3dd5e935474151bfcc18d39c3b537885f25bd

Now tell me how much Shadow --> Shadow I sent Wink

One of the challenges I saw in sending Shadow was a message telling me that coins of the required sizes were not available.

Would it be helpful for a group of users with large balances to keep an inventory of coins, in carefully chosen amounts, on the network as Shadow to facilitate Shadow transfers in all denominations? I'm not yet fully conversant on how the system works, but it seems like the more Shadow (as opposed to SDC) is on the blockchain the easier and more secure the transactions will be.

I have several machines where I could set up wallets, keep 1.2345678 Shadow on one, 2.3456789 on another, etc.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:55:11 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 07:13:30 PM by MedaR

Someone posting this darkcoin video on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2qtwiz/bitcoin_is_dead_long_live_darkcoin/

Hit em with knowledge on what a true anon coin is.

nice vid
l would like to see one with shadows.. Cool

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:09:51 PM

One quality youtube video about

-what is shadow
-how it works
-solutions vs others..
-android wallet..
-and some integration with sdc to shadow shadow to sdc from Alty post

good pdf in depth about anon problems-solutions..like a book fancy graphics..good explanations..

opinions from others programmers like ATLAS ,code reviews

and when it is done we all can retweet, and do promotions all together..
so community can bring new investors ..

You can rent this space
Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:58:46 PM

Please, Join to discussion:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2qmy64/please_check_out_shadowcash_amazing_zero/

Vote for Shadowcash in Untraceable crypto currency nomination Poll in BCT thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=898563.0

Rynomster is the leader in Proof of Honor nomination 2014 by coinssource
http://www.coinssource.com/vote/

Voting ended 12/28/2014
Winner Announcement: 1/10/2015

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 07:59:52 PM

Hey guys, bad news kind of.  Kristov Atlas e-mailed me back.  He said he hasn't looked into ShadowCash much.  And he said he accepted a job recently, so he doesn't have any spare time to look into ShadowCash at present unfortunately.  He did say however, that it looks cool and he will bookmark the links I sent for the future.  Oh well, hopefully we can find some other avenues to get ShadowCash the proper reviews it deserves.

Hey man, thanks for taking the initiative to reach out to him. Even though he may not have time to review it sounds like he'll take a look at the project when he gets a chance. That's great!  Plenty more opportunities out there like this.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 08:13:36 PM

My understanding is ShadowCash would not be affected by this since a) SDC is a descendant of BTC and b) NOT a cryptonote coin.
I was talking about pure Shadow (Shadow <> Shadow). Shadow is not a Bitcoin clone (allow me be nitpicky - this is not "being Cryptonote" that matters, this is "not being Bitcoin" - NXT, Ripples, Ethereum... have the same issues)

Pure Shadow may be as good as Monero but also has the same ecosystem issue. And this has nothing do with CryptoNote.

I hope I helped.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:56:12 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 10:11:17 PM by child_harold

My understanding is ShadowCash would not be affected by this since a) SDC is a descendant of BTC and b) NOT a cryptonote coin.
I was talking about pure Shadow (Shadow <> Shadow). Shadow is not a Bitcoin clone (allow me be nitpicky - this is not "being Cryptonote" that matters, this is "not being Bitcoin" - NXT, Ripples, Ethereum... have the same issues)

Pure Shadow may be as good as Monero but also has the same ecosystem issue. And this has nothing do with CryptoNote.

I hope I helped.

Guess we'll have to wait for somebody more qualified to reply. (re ur ecosytem assertion)

In the meantime I'd remind readers that ShadowCash also offers Shadow>SDC transactions which certainly would allow for anon'd btc style transactions. I am not aware of the differences anon-wise between SDC>Shadow and Shadow>Shadow.

child_harold

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:59:44 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 10:12:49 PM by child_harold

RyanOlstren is obviously trolling. Wish u guys would stop replying to his nonsense. I used to be in XST and think I know who this guy is. I have no problems with what went down… I think the truth did out. Its sad to see someone full of so much hate… just IGNORE him.

btw i lost a decent amount of btc as a result. I moved on.

LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:10:26 PM

Guess we'll have to wait for somebody more qualified to reply. (re ur ecosytem assertion)

In the meantime I'd remind readers that ShadowCash also offers Shadow>SDC transactions which certainly would allow for anon'd btc style transactions. I am not aware of the differences anon-wise between SDC>Shadow and Shadow>Shadow.

".. also offers Shadow>SDC transactions"

SDC>Shadow is the correct transaction to imitate anon'd btc style transactions. Essentially sending to a stealth address (Shadow only resides in stealth addresses). And this jumbles the trace-ability of the transaction.

"I am not aware of the differences anon-wise between SDC>Shadow and Shadow>Shadow."

Shadow to Shadow is unique to a bitcoin codebase coin. This is the first of it's kind, ShadowCash's innovation (implemented on the bitcoin codebase). The difference between SDC to Shadow and Shadow to Shadow is that ring signatures can be applied to Shadow to Shadow transactions because Shadow only resides in stealth addresses. So a Shadow to Shadow transaction is un-traceable (stealth addresses) and un-link-able (ring signatures).

edit: Shadow > SDC can also use ring signatures.

Hope that helps!  Smiley

Correct me if I'm wrong, this is my understanding of SSv2.
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:54:20 PM

I discussed this earlier here on BitcoinTalk – there wasn't Shadow Google+ page, so after the encouragement to create it, here it is:

Shadow on Google+

Feel free to follow, if you actually use G+ – and to those, who would like to co-manage the page, write me and I'll add you.
The more the merrier, right?

[waiting for some amazing news to post there]

I noticed that (I guess) Ryno already is on Google+, so if some of you, core devs, wants the admin rights, no probs.

Cheers!

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:29:38 AM

I have been thinking about building an SDC economy for a long time and plan to help.

Our tech is great. The idea of an in wallet decentralized ShadowBay is great. None of it will matter if more people are not introduced to SDC and start using it.

Most coins cannot be purchased directly without using a BTC based exchange.

I think localbitcoins is a great model for us and am in the process of developing a similar site for SDC. XMR is now doing something similar with moneroclub.com

Until the site is complete and launched I challenge all of you to get SDC in the hands of new users.

1. Put a little SDC on on flash drive and give it to a friend along with links to teach them more about the currency.

2. Edit your localbitcoins ads to say you also sell other coins. Talk to BTC buyers about anonymous currencies and SDC in particular. Have SDC ready to sell on the spot (or give away in small amounts) for every such encounter.

3. I am willing to invest some money to help build the economy but everyone needs to help. Stop complaining about a desire for more updates and do something productive! Watch the rich list. Every week lets make sure the number of addresses with at least 100 SDC is increasing substantially (this is not hard to do, give 100 SDC to a friend if you have to) so we can build the economy. Our tech will only be attractive to merchants once we have more people using it.

Monero has great anonymity but lacks a user friendly GUI

Dark is user friendly and has a much large user base, but relies on masternodes (many hosted by Amazon) for mixing and has potential weaknesses in anonymity/privacy

SDC has great anonymity, GUI and features, but we lack wide distribution (needed to build an economy) lets fix that!

Great. First steps of building an SDC economy

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Longenecker

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 01:30:56 AM

I have been thinking about building an SDC economy for a long time and plan to help.

Our tech is great. The idea of an in wallet decentralized ShadowBay is great. None of it will matter if more people are not introduced to SDC and start using it.

I think localbitcoins is a great model for us and am in the process of developing a similar site for SDC. XMR is now doing something similar with moneroclub.com

Until the site is complete and launched I challenge all of you to get SDC in the hands of new users.

1. Put a little SDC on on flash drive and give it to a friend along with links to teach them more about the currency.

2. Edit your localbitcoins ads to say you also sell other coins. Talk to BTC buyers about anonymous currencies and SDC in particular. Have SDC ready to sell on the spot (or give away in small amounts) for every such encounter.

3. I am willing to invest some money to help build the economy but everyone needs to help. Stop complaining about a desire for more updates and do something productive! Watch the rich list. Every week lets make sure the number of addresses with at least 100 SDC is increasing substantially (this is not hard to do, give 100 SDC to a friend if you have to) so we can build the economy. Our tech will only be attractive to merchants once we have more people using it.

Dark is user friendly and has a much large user base, but relies on masternodes (many hosted by Amazon) for mixing and has potential weaknesses in anonymity/privacy

SDC has great anonymity, GUI and features, but we lack wide distribution (needed to build an economy) lets fix that!

Automatic Monkey

Activity: 503

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 07:25:46 AM

Great ideas! I'm getting ready to set up shop myself, USD-crypto, just my phone with a Teamviewer link to my wallet machine, my gun, and a pocket full of fiat in a dark alley.

But how would you give someone a flash drive with crypto? I suppose I could generate a private key, send some coins to the address and give them the key, but then they have to worry about me screwing them.

Now here's my creative idea for publicizing the coin: one of the problems with crypto is that it's basically a sausage party, very few women involved. That leaves out about half the population.

So I was thinking of a Shadow titty contest.  Tongue  Advertise for girls to write "Shadowcash" and their Shadow address on a sign, hold it up over their faces, and send in a picture of their goods. We can post the pics here. (Does bitcointalk allow that?) All entries would get a reward of SDC, and we can pick winners for a special prize. What would really rock is if we had the file transfer working in the wallet, then they could send the pics through the wallet to demonstrate that feature.

Try ShadowCash, the first coin with instant and decentralized private transactions!
SDC address: SUPERMAN8eDvcPL6RWYMVwtPzUtqWi2zCr
Wallet Private Key: 7S6fJBEzXqJuuGCvEPcgBSbd5wmjVTvDj7591gNKcTmS7X47e98
child_harold

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:33:06 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 08:43:50 AM by child_harold

As of today there are 412 addresses with over 100 SDC. Lets bump this post once per week so we can track our progress. As long as the community keeps working to help market SDC I will help as well!

Our dev team has innovated and delivered again and again. Now lets help them market our great currency to the world!  Think outside bitcointalk. We all have friends outside of crypto that will be receptive to our vision if we just share it with them.

http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/richlist/index.php?min=100

As it turns out Ive been tracking this myself since November 22.

On Nov 22 there were 300 addresses with over 100SDC:

On December 20 there were 335 addresses with over 100SDC:

Today there are 412 addresses with over 100SDC.
So from 335 to 412 (roughly 20%) in ~10 days  Cool

skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 09:10:59 AM

As of today there are 412 addresses with over 100 SDC. Lets bump this post once per week so we can track our progress. As long as the community keeps working to help market SDC I will help as well!

Our dev team has innovated and delivered again and again. Now lets help them market our great currency to the world!  Think outside bitcointalk. We all have friends outside of crypto that will be receptive to our vision if we just share it with them.

http://shadow.blockexplorer.cc/richlist/index.php?min=100

As it turns out Ive been tracking this myself since November 22.

On Nov 22 there were 300 addresses with over 100SDC:

On December 20 there were 335 addresses with over 100SDC:

Today there are 412 addresses with over 100SDC.
So from 335 to 412 (roughly 20%) in ~10 days  Cool

there are 196 adresses with over 1000 SDC

and 412 adresses with over 100 SDC

412-196=216.....so 216 adresses has SDC between 100 and 1000....by looking at the amount of SDC they have, we can say 350 SDC each of those 216 adresses has

so it makes 75600 SDC all in all...not a big amount it is

i believe following adresses with over 1000 SDC gives better idea
hitchcoin

Activity: 326

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:54:31 AM

How about we set up a donation address for new users and set up a give away on shadowtalk.org (not allowed on bitcointalk) and reward everybody that introduces themselfs there with 100 sdc to start with. This way we attract new people to shadow and build towards a stronger community.
skip60

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:06:04 PM

How about we set up a donation address for new users and set up a give away on shadowtalk.org (not allowed on bitcointalk) and reward everybody that introduces themselfs there with 100 sdc to start with. This way we attract new people to shadow and build towards a stronger community.

personally it is ok for me
skip60

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:24:40 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2014, 12:41:25 PM by skip60

Excellent Idea ! Grin (says the interested newcomer Wink)

do you have any SDC now, TheMightyKnight?

open an account at shadowtalk.org , introduce yourself and write some questions in your mind at the FAQ thread which TrollsRoyce started

i will send you 100 sdc tonight
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 612 »
  Print  

Jump to: