Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:52:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 [1811] 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312383 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:12:19 PM

Look at this 1200 monero buy order on binance. https://www.binance.com/tradeDetail.html?symbol=XMR_BTC It completely dominates the orderbook. I've been hanging out on binance for a while and this is the fist time I've seen anything quite like it.

So that is a big order size there?  It is interesting that someone willing to drop so much at once just does one large order.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:23:06 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (1)

Look at this 1200 monero buy order on binance. https://www.binance.com/tradeDetail.html?symbol=XMR_BTC It completely dominates the orderbook. I've been hanging out on binance for a while and this is the fist time I've seen anything quite like it.

So that is a big order size there?  It is interesting that someone willing to drop so much at once just does one large order.

Looking at hitbtc which has the highest volume right now it looks like it would be a very big order even over there. There are a few orders that size at really low prices. You know people just dreaming. But nothing like that anywhere near the margin.

Maybe the prospect of liquidity attracts a certain type of seller?

I'll leave it to you guys to see if you can make anything useful of it. I just thought it was interesting.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:43:45 PM

Has anyone successfully upgraded their poloniex account recently? Submitted documents about 3 weeks ago now and heard absolutely nothing.

Used exactly the same documents with Kraken and upgraded to Tier 3 within a week. Not used it for trading yet, are fiat withdrawals from Kraken reliable?

All I can say is that you shouldn't hold you breath---I put in a support ticket ~3 months ago to get my limits changed and they have yet to respond. Their thread here and reddit page are filled with disgruntled account holders with outstanding tickets or unfulfilled limit verifications.

I waited close to 4 months before they replied to set up a Skype meeting. That went down last week and the upgrade was supposed to happen within 48 hours but of course, nope. So, I'll have to follow up and probably wait some more.

LOL 4 Months?   I am now waiting 3 weeks. Same documents for totally identical verification software was at Bittrex approved in 5 days.  I will definitely stopped depositing to Poloniex and I guess will need to start thinking of a coin with least fees to slowly pull out.
MrFeasible

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:07:16 PM

With any luck a few more whales will jump on the bandwagon and we've got ourselves some growth!
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 04:26:18 PM
Merited by Billy Bunter (5)

Too bad that no big social media campaigns about monero,if we have some decent social media campaigns 2018 is the year of monero ,i personally think next to bitcoin the only coin next to it is monero,(maybe ethereum and monero might share the 2nd place but not ripple or anything)

I thought that was what all the reddit we got a million new users thing was about?

The Monero subreddit is pretty misleading, yes it has 100k subscribers but I dare say it isn't at all active for having 100k subs.

You still see posts on the front page with like 1 upvote that is up for 10+ hours (sometimes a day) which just shouldn't happen for a subreddit of that 'size'

I think its mostly because the overwhelming majority of people in crypto only care about the price then they realise they aren't allowed to post anything about the price then get shunned to an even more inactive subreddit.

I disagree with your statement that 100k subs on subreddit Monero are not active. They are just not spammy as are on so many Crypto subreddits.  They rather read then ass close to nothing to discussion.
Johnny Mnemonic

Activity: 795
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:31:32 PM
Merited by iCEBREAKER (2), Bitcoinaire (2)

Sort posts by "new" and you will see a lot of activity before it gets moderated and downvoted. The sub might seem less active only because the mods do a pretty good job of filtering all the spam and low quality content.
Celebrity

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:41:14 PM

Folks, I believe Monero but I also believe Assian markets are the most significant markets for Monero demand. China banned something, South Kore is also talking about a regulation. How willl these things affect Monero's price?

I'm pretty sure Monero will rise up hard with the market demand very soon! Thanks for your time.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:17:59 PM

Folks, I believe Monero but I also believe Assian markets are the most significant markets for Monero demand. China banned something, South Kore is also talking about a regulation. How willl these things affect Monero's price?

I'm pretty sure Monero will rise up hard with the market demand very soon! Thanks for your time.

Monero will almost certainly be made illegal in many countries in the future and it will probably negatively effect the price. However, this probably will not happen until after the price rises significantly first.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:23:16 PM

Robinhood Crypto announced today. Starts with BTC and ETH no-fee trades, but starts with market data for XMR and a few others, so expect RC to do no-fee order flow on more tickers soon-ish.

And: tighter capital controls will always be very very good for Monero.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:24:34 PM

Too bad that no big social media campaigns about monero,if we have some decent social media campaigns 2018 is the year of monero ,i personally think next to bitcoin the only coin next to it is monero,(maybe ethereum and monero might share the 2nd place but not ripple or anything)

I thought that was what all the reddit we got a million new users thing was about?

In reddit its there im talking about facebook and twitter ,recently people who has no idea in crypto also invested in bitcoin boom in december and ethereum,like that monero is not popular among common people ,thats my point  

That is my point, I thought "people who has no idea in crypto" masses went to reddit to upvote inane posts and have one big moderated circle jerk? Whats the difference between that place and fagbook?

The Monero subreddit is pretty misleading, yes it has 100k subscribers but I dare say it isn't at all active for having 100k subs.

You still see posts on the front page with like 1 upvote that is up for 10+ hours (sometimes a day) which just shouldn't happen for a subreddit of that 'size'

I think its mostly because the overwhelming majority of people in crypto only care about the price then they realise they aren't allowed to post anything about the price then get shunned to an even more inactive subreddit.

I have no clue there, I post a reply and then cannot even find my own post. that place sucks.

It's seriously effecting exchanges, thats for sure.

Robinhood Crypto announced today. Starts with BTC and ETH no-fee trades, but starts with market data for XMR and a few others, so expect RC to do no-fee order flow on more tickers soon-ish.

And: tighter capital controls will always be very very good for Monero.

What is Robinhood Crypto?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Poink

Activity: 350
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:35:39 PM

I disagree with your statement that 100k subs on subreddit Monero are not active. They are just not spammy as are on so many Crypto subreddits.  They rather read then ass close to nothing to discussion.

Ehem, ehem,

XMR users are attracted to anon coin for a reason...and usually, most of them want to remain anon as well... Wink
Poink

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:37:29 PM
Merited by iCEBREAKER (1), Anon136 (1)

Monero will almost certainly be made illegal in many countries in the future
and it will probably negatively effect the price. However, this probably will not happen until after the price rises significantly first.

If that happens, it will probably encourage anon coin lovers to like it more...

Some people just love the bad boy (outcast) of the lot. Smiley
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:41:53 PM
Merited by Anon136 (10)

Ehem, ehem,

XMR users are attracted to anon coin for a reason...and usually, most of them want to remain anon as well... Wink

There are multiple reasons for being part of the Monero community although lately you would be hard to find anything other than moon people.

True that it will attract more anarchists and the like but as far as Users go it will be detrimental as if it is made criminal then just having the software could get you jail and or worse in some countries so that would cut out a huge chunk of the people that this is designed to help. It would not be a zero sum game but a net loss IMO.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Intellectual Romanticist

Activity: 283
Merit: 23

TEU - bitcoin for shipping ICO: 15/Mar - 12/Apr

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 09:07:37 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (5), iCEBREAKER (1)

All anon coins are great. Even if you are not doing anything illegal, privacy is still a must. Our privacy is sacred. And the gov is not allowed to violate that.
If govs make it illegal for people to use anon coins? Then let us make it even more anon so that they wouldn't know about it in the first place.

Intellectual Romanticist
Intelligence Wisdom Courage Honor Integrity Consistency Strength Perseverance Romance
Abe Token | Ethereum Limited | Citereum | Bitcoin One | ExpressCoin
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:09:29 PM

Robinhood is an app that lets you trade u.s. equities without any fees. Robinhood Crypto is Robinhood for crypto.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Poink

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:11:51 PM

Ehem, ehem,

There are multiple reasons for being part of the Monero community although lately you would be hard to find anything other than moon people.

True that it will attract more anarchists and the like but as far as Users go it will be detrimental as if it is made criminal then just having the software could get you jail and or worse in some countries so that would cut out a huge chunk of the people that this is designed to help. It would not be a zero sum game but a net loss IMO.

Why and how will government make it illegal?  Coins are inanimate objects...it is the action or use of it that may be criminal...not the coin.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 09:28:42 PM

All anon coins are great. ..

Untrue, but on the surface you would think that statement is correct but false coins claiming to be opaque are more dangerous than ones that are transparent as when they fail it taints all the others because the sheeple are just that stupid.

Even if you are not doing anything illegal, privacy is still a must. Our privacy is sacred. And the gov is not should not be allowed to violate that.
If govs make it illegal for people to use anon coins? Then let us make it even more anon so that they wouldn't know about it in the first place.

FTFY and agree with your sentiment but not sure how to accomplish your last statement. Well actually I have an idea on that but not willing to share. Tongue

Robinhood is an app that lets you trade u.s. equities without any fees. Robinhood Crypto is Robinhood for crypto.

So no fee trading? Where is it centralized?

Ehem, ehem,

Why and how will government make it illegal?  Coins are inanimate objects...it is the action or use of it that may be criminal...not the coin.
The Why is Control

and the How is below.

Well currently anyone using crypto can be tagged even if nothing else is known about what they are holding so the popo's can tell if your using crypto and if it's illegal then they seize you stuff and jail you. Pretty straight forward I would say. This is pretty much why Korvi is being developed for monero and no I don't want to quibble about VPNs and isp sniffing and so forth. Suffice to say that if they want to find out with todays tech They Can and they will. You can believe me or not that is your choice but you can also look up my posts and see I have warned for years about using cpu's since microcode insertion and only now is it coming out that anyone using those can be slammed in the ass.

aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:54:28 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

on the servers of:

ROBINHOOD FINANCIAL, LLC
(CHRONOS FINANCIAL, LLC,ROBINHOOD FINANCIAL, LLC)
CRD#: 165998
SEC#: 69188
B   Brokerage Firm Regulated by FINRA (San Francisco district office)
MAIN ADDRESS
3200 ASH STREET
PALO ALTO, CA 94306

Incorporation: Delaware
Founders: Baiju Bhatt and Vladamir Tenev

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:00:17 AM

on the servers of:

ROBINHOOD FINANCIAL, LLC
MAIN ADDRESS
3200 ASH STREET
PALO ALTO, CA 94306

Thanks! Looks like alot of good reading on the subject. Smiley

Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:28:25 AM

on the servers of:

ROBINHOOD FINANCIAL, LLC
MAIN ADDRESS
3200 ASH STREET
PALO ALTO, CA 94306

Thanks! Looks like alot of good reading on the subject. Smiley

Yeah they've hit the news a fair bit in the last 24 hrs lots of good articles and interviews popping up around the place
Pages: « 1 ... 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 [1811] 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: