Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:14:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 [1826] 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312364 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:03:35 AM

Ok so i figured, once i start dumping, the market will magically turn around.

So i dumped only 0.01 XMR and jay it worked  Grin
LOL great move, my buy orders are already filled so if we go up from here I'm totally fine ;-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnalan

Activity: 200
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:52:09 AM

Well what is the highest price do people think monero could become. Does anyone think it could possibly hit 5k or 10k or even more?

So transaction fees were about 4 dollars or so when the price was 500.

That was just for lazy/ignorant/generous/impatient/urgent people.  It barely topped a dollar for anyone willing to push (literally) one or two buttons and risk (small risk) <4 minutes vs <2 to confirm. So I would multiply your findings by 4...

note:  I've been here since early 2014, and I did (guessing) more transactions in the last 6 months than the 3 prior years combined.  I paid a tick over a dollar once, and something like $60 once when I fucked up on margin and was desperate to cut every second possible from the confirmation time by guaranteeing the next block.

Bottom soon bro?
johnalan

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:03:36 AM

I still don't get why some people are getting so worked up about CRYPTO/USD prices, particularly when it comes to speculation. At this stage of the game all that matters is XMR/BTC. If your primary objective is the long-term accumulation of USD, then you are going to lose.

Sure, if you've got present-day commitments that are inescapable then I guess you've gotta do what you've gotta do, but c'mon guys... you don't need faith or subjective delusion to realise that in general, the nature of social-political behaviour is that given time ultimately individuals gravitate toward freedom while collectives gravitate toward progressivly fairer systems, and in BOTH scenarios, legacy finance ends up ded, centralized banks end up ded, state-sponsored tokens end up ded and powerful oligarchical fuckfaces end up wounded, presumably retreating to fuck us over in some other kind of way.

So right now I'm looking at the XMR/BTC chart and like all other CRYPTO/BTC charts, it's about as exciting as the mediterranean is to surfers. Business as usual. Everything is much the same as it ever was and within acceptable ranges.

I think by now, most people in this thread have a visceral understanding that XMR/BTC will be reaching new highs towards the end of the period starting end of Feb and finishing around about mid-summer. That's all that matters. Fuck the USD. It's not to important to the current mission.

At any point in time, ever, the only speculatively bad thing that can happen to XMR is if it goes down significantly against BTC.... and even if that were to happen (it's not) then it's only going to bounce back up again. You already know this.

For everyone else, at times like this I think it's worth taking to heart the wisdom of anglo-japanese financial trader Kero Kero Bonito, particularly in her 2016 publication entitled: Trampoline.

You can listen to the full 4 minute speech here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTkHkLDy0HI

As far as I'm concerned it's potentially the most important trading advice ever given.

Peace.

Very interesting post.

It's of course peoples aim to accumulate value.

I cannot see a future where Monero is worth less and less against the USD year on year.
CryptoPH

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

<3 Crypto

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:30:18 AM

Is there anyone who had ever forgotten to input the Payment ID when transferring XMR to an exchange? And how long does the exchange take to credit your XMR deposit? I transferred some from Binance to OKEX, but forget to input the ID. Half a month has passed, and problem still unsolved. 

I did the same mistake in 2 years ago, and NO there is no way they can track that transaction anymore. I accepted that loss around 40+ XMR.  Lips sealed

rdp

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 01:58:29 PM

And the Hash rate didn't drop a bit! Actually it continues to rise...
johnalan

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:12:45 PM

And the Hash rate didn't drop a bit! Actually it continues to rise...

#justBotnetThings
Billy Bunter

Activity: 327
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:34:49 PM

I still don't get why some people are getting so worked up about CRYPTO/USD prices, particularly when it comes to speculation. At this stage of the game all that matters is XMR/BTC. If your primary objective is the long-term accumulation of USD, then you are going to lose.

Sure, if you've got present-day commitments that are inescapable then I guess you've gotta do what you've gotta do, but c'mon guys... you don't need faith or subjective delusion to realise that in general, the nature of social-political behaviour is that given time ultimately individuals gravitate toward freedom while collectives gravitate toward progressivly fairer systems, and in BOTH scenarios, legacy finance ends up ded, centralized banks end up ded, state-sponsored tokens end up ded and powerful oligarchical fuckfaces end up wounded, presumably retreating to fuck us over in some other kind of way.

So right now I'm looking at the XMR/BTC chart and like all other CRYPTO/BTC charts, it's about as exciting as the mediterranean is to surfers. Business as usual. Everything is much the same as it ever was and within acceptable ranges.

I think by now, most people in this thread have a visceral understanding that XMR/BTC will be reaching new highs towards the end of the period starting end of Feb and finishing around about mid-summer. That's all that matters. Fuck the USD. It's not to important to the current mission.

At any point in time, ever, the only speculatively bad thing that can happen to XMR is if it goes down significantly against BTC.... and even if that were to happen (it's not) then it's only going to bounce back up again. You already know this.

For everyone else, at times like this I think it's worth taking to heart the wisdom of anglo-japanese financial trader Kero Kero Bonito, particularly in her 2016 publication entitled: Trampoline.

You can listen to the full 4 minute speech here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTkHkLDy0HI

As far as I'm concerned it's potentially the most important trading advice ever given.

Peace.

Great post.

Question: I recall some weeks ago you mentioned that you were engaged in an effort to change Monero branding (something like that - I can't remember exactly). Did that ever happen?

Baguette Holder.
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:39:54 PM

Is there anyone who had ever forgotten to input the Payment ID when transferring XMR to an exchange? And how long does the exchange take to credit your XMR deposit? I transferred some from Binance to OKEX, but forget to input the ID. Half a month has passed, and problem still unsolved.  

I did the same mistake in 2 years ago, and NO there is no way they can track that transaction anymore. I accepted that loss around 40+ XMR.  Lips sealed
Somebody here correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought all you need is the transaction hash.  The recipient can find your coins by searching the transactions in his wallet for the one with that hash.
Did your exchange tell you it was impossible to find the coins?
Edit:  I just realized that if you sent from an exchange, that might complicate things considerably.
Moral of the story:  don't send XMR between exchanges.  Send from an exchange to your own wallet, or from your own wallet to an exchange.
Millionero

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 02:48:28 PM

Pain and confusion are results of attachment (see:  Buddhist philosophy).
Rangedriver has detachment.
Either that, or he's not holding bags like the rest of us   Cheesy
rangedriver

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 03:43:05 PM

Great post.

Question: I recall some weeks ago you mentioned that you were engaged in an effort to change Monero branding (something like that - I can't remember exactly). Did that ever happen?

I was working out new ideas for subreddit designs but in the end got side-tracked with other projects and it sort of fell out of priority tbh. Also since then a number of key changes have been made by others and it's now starting to look pretty good - specifically clearing up the sidebar and removing the dark divider at the top. There's still a couple of changes that could be made, but in general it's not so much an aesthetic priority as it was a few months back (imo). Smiley

Pain and confusion are results of attachment (see:  Buddhist philosophy).
Rangedriver has detachment.
Either that, or he's not holding bags like the rest of us   Cheesy

I have attachment, it's just an attachment to the future rather than the present. I can't see any way that the fiat system will be around in 50 years, least not in any meaningful way. Monero has proven itself as one of the original classic cryptos, so assuming it is well maintained for the next century, then it's position within the revolution is safe, and for now, underpriced. So as long as accumulation is the order of the day, yes I have bags.

j0vazzee

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 04:56:32 PM

Peace.

Thanks for making my day a bit better!
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:25:38 PM

Well what is the highest price do people think monero could become. Does anyone think it could possibly hit 5k or 10k or even more?

So transaction fees were about 4 dollars or so when the price was 500.

That was just for lazy/ignorant/generous/impatient/urgent people.  It barely topped a dollar for anyone willing to push (literally) one or two buttons and risk (small risk) <4 minutes vs <2 to confirm. So I would multiply your findings by 4...

note:  I've been here since early 2014, and I did (guessing) more transactions in the last 6 months than the 3 prior years combined.  I paid a tick over a dollar once, and something like $60 once when I fucked up on margin and was desperate to cut every second possible from the confirmation time by guaranteeing the next block.

Thanks. I was just trying to put forward a framework for how to conceptualize the question. But if someone wanted to actually use my silly back of the napkin math your addendum would be helpful.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Harlekin987

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:31:37 PM

xspec is way better Wink look it up  Grin
rinus

Activity: 362
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 08:52:24 PM

Are we in a bull trap now?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 09:30:44 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), LennyCarl (1)

Question is of xmr could recover from this ?

(1)No. Moreno is likely headed back to its ICO price; and may remain at sub-$20 for a while —if it survives as a cryptocurrency.

(2)Afraid cannot suggest any viable cryptocurrency as a stable investment during 2018-2020.

(3)Historically, when any asset bubble bursts, the unwinding bear market typically lasts 2 years on average (from peak price to ultimate low); and usually erases 80%-90% in value; see here:
http://www.thebubblebubble.com/historic-crashes/

Applying the same metrics to the cryptocurrency bubble, it would suggest Bitcoin at sub $1000 by Christmas 2018 or Easter 2019.
From late 2019 to early 2020, the second generation of cryptocurrencies ought to emerge as viable long-term investments; however this time, with stable growth, purpose fit technology, robust secure exchange platforms and real adoption —not parabolic exuberance.

4.  Paradoxically, a volatile and rapid appreciation of a currency, is a failed currency. By definition, currencies are supposed to be recognized, accepted and stable mediums of exchange —not just another speculative boom-bust asset class.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2711461.0

1.  Monero never had an ICO.  This reveals you do not know what you are talking about.
2.  Then what the hell are you doing here?  Trying to save us from ourselves?  Talking your book?  This calls your motivation into question.
3.  Maybe, Maybe not.  Work your crystal ball... make a fortune.
4.  Your definition of a currency is very much the liberal-econ-professor/Jorge Stoffli/Paul Krugman sort of Keynsian-esque mindset that Bitcoin was created to destroy.

Who are you anyway?  Why are you here spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt?  What is your motivation?

Don't answer.  Those are rhetorical.  We see through you.  And some of us are glad you're here. Wink
johnalan

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:05:17 PM

xspec is way better Wink look it up  Grin

You are a fucking dope.
johnalan

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 10:06:33 PM

Are we in a bull trap now?

No. You heard the SEC have secured our future!

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7vpbx6/senator_warner_calls_blockchain_transformational/
wodebutterfly

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:55:08 AM

Did you notify them? The reason the PayID is important is because it tells them whose account to credit. If you don't file a ticket, you'll never get your money.
Yes, have notified them and provide all the information (Transaction Hash, address and deposit time), they said it might take some time to handle.

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
wodebutterfly

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 12:57:53 AM

I did the same mistake in 2 years ago, and NO there is no way they can track that transaction anymore. I accepted that loss around 40+ XMR.  Lips sealed
Somebody here correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought all you need is the transaction hash.  The recipient can find your coins by searching the transactions in his wallet for the one with that hash.
Edit:  I just realized that if you sent from an exchange, that might complicate things considerably.
Moral of the story:  don't send XMR between exchanges.  Send from an exchange to your own wallet, or from your own wallet to an exchange.
The exchange ask me for some info (transaction hash, deposit address, deposit time and amount) and said might take some time to handle.

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
Millionero

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 01:31:49 AM
Merited by iCEBREAKER (1)

Edit:  I just realized that if you sent from an exchange, that might complicate things considerably.
Moral of the story:  don't send XMR between exchanges.  Send from an exchange to your own wallet, or from your own wallet to an exchange.
The exchange ask me for some info (transaction hash, deposit address, deposit time and amount) and said might take some time to handle.
You would have to get the transaction hash from binance, because they sent the coins.  Likewise for the exact time, and maybe even the amount, if it depends on the fee.
That's if I understood correctly what you meant when you said you sent the coins from Binance.  I sounds like the withdrawal went directly from binance to the OKEX deposit address.
Pages: « 1 ... 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 [1826] 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: