Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:05:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 [1831] 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312370 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
johnalan

Activity: 200
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:06:14 PM

What is the real deal behind monero lately. It was going great for few months last year?

topkek
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptokwuk

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:44:34 PM

I think Moneros days are counted.
With the technological advancements in privacy combined with DAG blockchains Monero no longer holds a key position in the crypto space and seems like a really bad investment at this point.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:46:18 PM
Merited by johnalan (2)

Ok I'm a couple of paragraphs into this MoneroV-Roadmap and I can say with certainty this is complete fud.

For example, Monero's infinite coin supply

MoneroV adheres to core Austrian school of economics principles and caps the total amount of XMV coins that can be created to 256 million

Ha, this is the funniest part, calling Moneros supply infinite and then having such a high supply. When will Monero supply reach 256 million? In the year 100 million?  Cheesy

But all these forks really put Monero up there with BTC even more, now that we get our own line of scam forks.  Smiley

Their supply ends in 2070 and reach 250 millions coins. At that time they will not be able to secure their blockchain anymore. But ofcourse they dont give a shit about it.  At same moment there will exist only 25 millions of "infinite" Monero.

Number of Monero is always finite!!
And it depends of point in time.
rinus

Activity: 362
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:48:44 PM

With the technological advancements in privacy combined with DAG blockchains Monero no longer holds a key position in the crypto space and seems like a really bad investment at this point.

This is considered trilling yes? Ooo god let it be trolling :p
johnalan

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:27:05 PM

and what indeed do you suggest holds said key position?

What's it like to be such a fucking dope?

All those private DAG coins. Christ what a retard.

Please tell me your hopes are pinned on a snarks based dag? I can't wait for you to lose your money. It's Darwinian, you don't deserve the money in your pocket, smarter people are due to take it from you.
johnalan

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:32:13 PM

Ok I'm a couple of paragraphs into this MoneroV-Roadmap and I can say with certainty this is complete fud.

MoneroV adheres to core Austrian school of economics principles and caps the total amount of XMV coins that can be created to 256 million

Ha, this is the funniest part, calling Moneros supply infinite and then having such a high supply. When will Monero supply reach 256 million? In the year 100 million?  Cheesy

But all these forks really put Monero up there with BTC even more, now that we get our own line of scam forks.  Smiley

Their supply ends in 2070 and reach 250 millions coins. At that time they will not be able to secure their blockchain anymore. But ofcourse they dont give a shit about it.  At same moment there will exist only 25 millions of "infinite" Monero.

Number of Monero is always finite!!
And it depends of point in time.

Precisely. I'd love to know the year where infinite monero exist  Roll Eyes
cryptokwuk

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:51:59 PM

Please tell me your hopes are pinned on a snarks based dag? I can't wait for you to lose your money. It's Darwinian, you don't deserve the money in your pocket, smarter people are due to take it from you.

Can i quote you on this when Private DAG are taking all capital and your Monero holdings are vaporizing into thin air?
Monero suffers the same fate as Bitcoin, being unscalable, expensive in transactions and an environmental disaster.

You have a choice.
- Extremely scalable free instant transactions without a significant environmental impact.
- Limited slow expensive transactions that destroy our environment.

Boy, what a hard choice...
Haladay

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:58:13 PM

I disagree with this. The features and the level of the technology is not the first step to evaluate an investment. Monero's community and the proejct them is trusted enough for me. I don't waste my money on other new untrusted ones.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:59:08 PM

Can i quote you on this when Private DAG are taking all capital and your Monero holdings are vaporizing into thin air?
Monero suffers the same fate as Bitcoin, being unscalable, expensive in transactions and an environmental disaster.

You have a choice.
- Extremely scalable free instant transactions without a significant environmental impact.
- Limited slow expensive transactions that destroy our environment.

Boy, what a hard choice...

What is with Monero trolls all having an affinity with ducks?

I mean you are more welcome than you realise, as you increase the Monero Trolling Index (which is always a bullish indication) but PLEASE be original - or if that's you,  Kwukduck  - did you lose your old account through bad security?

Or perhaps privacy issues...?

我想要火箭和火车
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:07:10 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 06:49:39 PM by Anon136

Yes, better get in before we see the anon flippening becoming real. This is not an investment advise, only my personal view of things.
What do you mean by anon flippening?
I think hes talking about how I'm going to FLIP OUT if this shit coin monerov actually gets real traction.
No I'm kidding. I have no idea what hes talking about either.

With the technological advancements in privacy combined with DAG blockchains.
First of all a dag by definition isn't a blockchain. But more importantly what is this other privacy cryptocurrency? I know of none that competes with monero. You show me something with strong privacy on a DAG and i'll be spending this afternoon reading (and probably laughing at) another white paper.

It is sort of funny on the surface. I know they are minting themselves 10% of the currency supply, but counting that as a separate issue, if you think about it all they are doing is moving the decimal place. It doesn't actually fundamentally change anything except the resolution at which the market capitalization of the network is divided.

If you will allow me to make an analogy; It's like they are taking a volume knob on a stereo that goes from 1 to 10 and using a magic marker to carefully add a zero to the end of each number so that it starts at 10 and goes to 100 and you are saying "I wouldn't do that if I were you, you might damage the speakers."

Insert obligatory these go to 11

Oh hey guys! You know we have been waiting for the troll indicator. These monerov guys are the best trolls we have had yet. They alone might be bringing the troll indicator to 11.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:20:39 PM

Ha, this is the funniest part, calling Moneros supply infinite and then having such a high supply. When will Monero supply reach 256 million? In the year 100 million?  Cheesy

But all these forks really put Monero up there with BTC even more, now that we get our own line of scam forks.  Smiley

I agree. If we can learn anything from what forks have done to Bitcoin, then we can rest assured every fork of Monero will only gain more recognition for the true coin. I am holding my very small amount of Monero, happy with the price, and will not even bother taking any of the fork coins. Just a real waste of effort for something that pretends to be better but is just what it is. A fork coin with only an aim to make lazy money.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kurious
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:22:51 PM

The last time a duck came in was Kwukduck around Jan 5th as he seemed to get all excited about coins like Verge and some POS thing 'surpassing Monero'

The low that day was around 0.020 - but for the next five days we had big green candles and then ran up up to 0.032...  Epic troll fail.

Haven't seen wankalone for ages either, I guess he shorted himself out of the game, too. 

So let's give the sad misguided ducks and wankers a few bread morsels - with their record, we probably need to encourage them. 

我想要火箭和火车
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:52:35 PM

Precisely. I'd love to know the year where infinite monero exist  Roll Eyes

Year ∞.  Which is ∞ years after the heat-death of the universe is posited. As to where, I would suggest the conformal point at  ∞.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:50:24 PM

Year ∞.  Which is ∞ years after the heat-death of the universe is posited. As to where, I would suggest the conformal point at  ∞.

It's actually a complement towards Monero on their part. They reckon that Monero is just that bad ass that it will survive the heat death of the universe.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
johnalan

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:06:01 PM

You bullish for 2018 my man?
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:38:15 PM

2019 is the year. Emissions falls silly low.

I expect explosions

rinus

Activity: 362
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:28:51 PM

I expect explosions

Like 1000 USD or higher? I still think 1000 is possible in 2018
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:00:55 PM
Merited by owlcatz (2)

I expect explosions

I bought monero because I liked monero. Unfortunately it refuses to do anything other than follow bitcoin around everywhere it goes like some sort of lost puppy. It's stupid and annoying but it is what it is. So anyway, the point being, it looks like its going to depend a lot on what bitcoin does. It might outperform bitcoin. We can hope it does of course. There are good reasons to expect that it will. But it doesn't look like its going to climb in value unless bitcoin does also. So you want to figure out how well monero is going to do in 2018? First figure out what you think bitcoin is going to do.

I almost wish bitcoin would die, even though the price of everything in the sector would crash, just so that everything could break free and we could have a dynamic and competitive market with internal relative price discovery. You know, so that the good projects  could actually be separated from the bad. So that the crypto sector could improve based on bad projects dying and good ones absorbing their capital. Instead we have an entire sector that moves togather in one direction or the other irrespective of whether the individual projects are actually garbage.

Frustrating.

kurious
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:03:25 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 09:20:12 AM by kurious
Merited by Anon136 (1)

I expect explosions

I bought monero because I liked monero. Unfortunately it refuses to do anything other than follow bitcoin around everywhere it goes like some sort of lost puppy. It's stupid and annoying but it is what it is. So anyway, the point being, it looks like its going to depend a lot on what bitcoin does. It might outperform bitcoin. We can hope it does of course. There are good reasons to expect that it will. But it doesn't look like its going to climb in value unless bitcoin does also. So you want to figure out how well monero is going to do in 2018? First figure out what you think bitcoin is going to do.

I almost wish bitcoin would die, even though the price of everything in the sector would crash, just so that everything could break free and we could have a dynamic and competitive market with internal relative price discovery. You know, so that the good projects  could actually be separated from the bad. So that the crypto sector could improve based on bad projects dying and good ones absorbing their capital. Instead we have an entire sector that moves togather in one direction or the other irrespective of whether the individual projects are actually garbage.

Frustrating.

Hmm.....

I understand, but Bitcoin created the entire CC sector, and cut the path through the forest that Monero and other currencies will tarmac and make solid.

Maybe crypto is like PMs where gold is still king after thousands of years.  Or maybe its more likely is that the model is more like the internet's development with a 'dotcom boom' which few (if any) of the big early stars survived.

There is no doubt the market will have innovation, and new names will proliferate - equally most coins must die, since the entire market is driven by speculation about which tech will actually survive and be useful.  Time will tell of course and we will look back and laugh remembering the stars that shot high in our skies and then burned out.

Surely before too long, it will be impossibly expensive to launch new products into this crowded space when it is not feasible that more than a few can really survive.  There will soon probably be a 'big coin' index, and a 'minor wannabe' market for penny stock type coins.  Coinmarketcap is already a joke.

Bitcoin's main appeal was that it allows the movement of value peer to peer via the net without interference. This is what crypto as a whole is about. Blockchain, the decentralised ledger is a huge innovation in accounting - privacy is an important feature too - people thought Bitcoin had this early on, but of course it does not.  

Crypto potentially bypasses traditional banks, grants more user control and allows a vision of money being 'smart' too.  Leaders in sectors should survive but technology competition will mean coins will try to adapt and serve as many use cases as they reasonably can.

Smart contracts will survive and evolve through blockchain tech adoption.  Micropayments are necessary, as are irreversible and traceable large ones. Private ones will be useful too.  Will all these things and more be available in every coin?  I doubt it, as there are not ways to be all things to all men without balancing functions in the code and way coins work.  Will POS survive, will traditional blockchains become less popular? Maybe.  Will all coins be private?   No.

Near term - Bitcoin should and I hope, will survive.  Its robustness (anti-fragility) is legend and so it is and will be for some time the standard bearer for all crypto.  A failure in Bitcoin will set all crypto back a long way.  Medium term, as coins die and new ones are less welcome, there will be great consolidation into a few existing coins and a few new ones to come. No one will take the risk on new coins easily once most tedn to wither and die.

Monero has a lead for being perceived as honest and unflashy.  And it has a use-case.   As long as the use case is required it will be hard for other coins to take over its place.  Optional privacy may be added to other coins, but Monero's privacy by default is the only way, so it has a good chance of being one of the 'few' to make it.

我想要火箭和火车
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:17:12 AM

I think the confidentiality protocols will be important in 2018. monero is a very popular and developing project for many years. Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 [1831] 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: