Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:39:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 ... 2191 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation  (Read 3312387 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (2 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
paratox

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 01:22:26 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 02:53:22 PM by paratox

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/7xptw2/watch_out_for_mymonerocom_my_funds_got_stolen_on/

Shocked Shocked Shocked

how come ppl losing their xmr almost everyday at your official online wallet there Huh

and what the fuzz about monerov Huh  is it good coin Huh  

i thinking about buying alot of it if they provide good solution toward monero's shortfall... u know Monero Enterprise alliance and stuff...  it sound like a centralization.

They claim that their coins were stolen. The same way I could claim they are lying about this to FUD monero. They can't prove I am wrong and I can't prove they are wrong.

I haven't heard from any credible member who got his coins stolen from mymonero. Most often rather new accounts are claiming their monero got stolen.

I have been very lax on security measures with a few mymonero wallets just to see if someone is gonna steal them. Nothing got stolen in the past 2 years.

The main takeaway is, don't trust webwallets with any coin. It is not like people ever stated that webwallets are secure.  It is just reckless behaviour on the side of the user to use them anyway . There are more secure alternatives available.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:51:19 PM

Ledger Nano S has dropped to £89 and seems in stock at amazon.

I wonder if a new version is coming?

Is that a drop?  I think I paid 59 euro in December.  Maybe it was 69?  I know it went up thereafter.
they had a sale end of last year.

I paid 70 euro plus shipping late December, I think the sale had already ended by then but not sure.
Bought from ledgerwallet also.

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:07:38 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/7xptw2/watch_out_for_mymonerocom_my_funds_got_stolen_on/

Shocked Shocked Shocked

how come ppl losing their xmr almost everyday at your official online wallet there Huh

i thinking about buying alot of it if they provide good solution toward monero's shortfall... u know Monero Enterprise alliance and stuff...  it sound like a centralization.

We now know who  timbit0 is

what ? me ?  

thanks G0d ur not detective.   Cheesy

They claim that their coins were stolen. The same way I could claim they are lying about this to FUD monero. They can't prove I am wrong and I can't prove they are wrong.

I haven't heard from any credible member who got his coins stolen from mymonero. Most often rather new accounts are claiming their monero got stolen.

I have been very lax on security measures with a few mymonero wallets just to see if someone is gonna steal them. Nothing got stolen in the past 2 years.

The main takeaway is, don't trust webwallets with any coin. It is not like people ever stated that webwallets are secure.  It is just reckless behaviour on the side of the user to use them anyway . There are more secure alternatives available.

ah yes,  and the fact that your blockchain is encrypted doesnt help at all  Wink
hope you all can fix the mess man, sure it doesnt look good from here.   

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
tsaroz
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1069

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 03:15:34 PM

Hey guys

As this is a speculation group I have a simple question: Do you guys believe XMR will be 0.1 BTC someday ? like Bcash

Of course it would. But there's no time frame I can give about it.
With the rise of different coins, only a few min-able coins would sustain and monero being the king of anonymous coins, would continue to prosper under any circumstance.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:20:23 PM

Is that a drop?  I think I paid 59 euro in December.  Maybe it was 69?  I know it went up thereafter.  No new version that I'm aware of, just waiting on the the new apps.

Now 79 euro from Ledger.  About 70 GBP? incl free shipping, looks like a preorder though.

It was about 120, now I read your 2 comments and put them together.

Probably the stock shortage was allowing it to be driven up by amazon sellers

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:25:40 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked

The main takeaway is, don't trust webwallets with any coin. It is not like people ever stated that webwallets are secure.  It is just reckless behaviour on the side of the user to use them anyway . There are more secure alternatives available.

I'm sure there are a few Fudders but due to the shear volume of accounts hacked I doubt it is all bullshit/phishing or poor SECOP. I believe I know what it is but I've warned of it for years and no-one has taken me serious so whatever I could care at this point. Using any Webwallet for any amount your not prepared to lose is dumb, there have been credible members that have lost coins years ago and warned the community so if people don't listen then thats their problem. Also I see a concerted effort to keep these reports shuffled away and ignored. I have never seen an official release of proof of any investigation and/or resolution to even one theft. I think Birr has been waiting for 2 years for an explanation other than we don't keep logs.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Aby Normal

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:27:16 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked

and what the fuzz about monerov Huh  is it good coin Huh 

i thinking about buying alot of it if they provide good solution toward monero's shortfall... u know Monero Enterprise alliance and stuff...  it sound like a centralization.

How come a legendary member who spent countless days on this forum doesn't know that even the most popular BTC web wallet (bockchain.info) had some horror stories on lost funds?

How come a legendary member asking stupid questions about 2 pages long Monero-V thread mostly filled by idiot posts without figuring out for himself what's behind that scam?

How come a legendary member like you doesn't know that Monero Enterprise Alliance is just a comedy stunt by our lead comedian?

I expected more than just cheap insinuations, please get your shit together and be a good dashole, we need real quality FUD to take off, not this crap you're serving us now, give us some real FUD or GTFO  Cool
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:29:25 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked

i thinking about buying alot of it if they provide good solution toward monero's shortfall... u know Monero Enterprise alliance and stuff...  it sound like a centralization.

How come a legendary member who spent countless days on this forum doesn't know that even the most popular BTC web wallet (bockchain.info) had some horror stories on lost funds?

How come a legendary member asking stupid questions about 2 pages long Monero-V thread mostly filled by idiot posts without figuring out for himself what's behind that scam?

How come a legendary member like you doesn't know that Monero Enterprise Alliance is just a comedy stunt by our lead comedian?

I expected more than just cheap insinuations, please get your shit together and be a good dashole, we need real quality FUD to take off, not this crap you're serving us now, give us some real FUD or GTFO  Cool

Throw him on ignore like everyone else has. Too bad we don't have a TROLL tag right next to the Merit one! Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Globb0
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:36:14 PM

ah yes,  and the fact that your blockchain is encrypted doesnt help at all  Wink
hope you all can fix the mess man, sure it doesnt look good from here.   

If only you had a view key or something

Or a per TX key that enables Monero to be traded on bitsquare or whatever they're changing the name to.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:00:22 PM

BTC should see strong resistance at 10kUSD, which seems like a good time for XMRBTC to rise, since XMRUSD has no correlated psychological line.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:24:54 PM

BTC should see strong resistance at 10kUSD, which seems like a good time for XMRBTC to rise, since XMRUSD has no correlated psychological line.
I believe that XMR will surprise us in next coming weeks, the market has been holding the pressure too good, now its time to catch up some actions.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:56:02 PM

I got two on black Friday for I think it was 120 eur.   After that price went up a lot. Nov-Jan was crypto madness. I am sure they simply run out of wallets.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:01:07 PM

The dev team has hired security researchers to and are also themselves looking into the claims about mymonero.com. It could just be fud but they received enough complaints to look into it more deeply. For now though I would just avoid it to be safe. The hardware wallet will be here soon and it is supposed to only be $30 dollars. Using that and connecting to a remote node will be the way to go in the near future if you do not wish to run a full node.

If it is really happening, smart people are looking into it but they havn't found any vulnerabilities yet.

Unless MoneroV implements this suggestion by one of our devs
Forkers, if you're forking Monero, DO NOT ask users to reuse their Monero keys, but have them create new keys for your fork.
Than they will have to be considered either attackers or grossly incompetent. Also their roadmap paper is riddled with inaccuracies and faulty logic. And considering that they are minting themselves 10% of the currency supply in this fork as some sort of purported "solution" to some sort of "problem" in monero, I think it's not very hard to guess at their true motivations. Whatever the case I wouldn't bother with them myself.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
fromholland

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:03:31 PM

The dev team has hired security researchers to and are also themselves looking into the claims about mymonero.com. It could just be fud but they received enough complaints to look into it more deeply. For now though I would just avoid it to be safe. The hardware wallet will be here soon and it is supposed to only be $30 dollars. Using that and connecting to a remote node will be the way to go in the near future if you do not wish to run a full node.
I'm still waiting for the Ledger adding.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:09:08 PM
Merited by fromholland (1)

What if a few trusted members of the community went fishing? We could all put small amounts of monero on the web wallet and see if we could get anyone reliable to confirm the thefts. Any other legendaries who are long time veterans of this thread interested?

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:40:54 PM

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yes, you should buy all 250 billion of them.  I know you have a fondness for premines and inferior tech.
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:42:32 PM

Seems like Soros is speculating on crypto now.
Watch out when he does his famous "shorting the bank of ..." activities.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/george-soros-fund-buys-stock-of-cryptocurrency-play-overstock-com.html

Good!

He was right to dump FB. It's toxic.

Privacy wise too, their 'Facebook Protec' feature is a vile violation of privacy.

As soon as https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2018/02/14/what-is-general-data-protection-regulation/ is in place I'm going to execute a delete on my FB profile.

I did that more than a decade ago, and it took 2 years and threats of legal action to make it actually go away...
Globb0
Legendary

Free spirit

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:46:04 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/george-soros-fund-buys-stock-of-cryptocurrency-play-overstock-com.html

Good!

Privacy wise too, their 'Facebook Protec' feature is a vile violation of privacy.

As soon as https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2018/02/14/what-is-general-data-protection-regulation/ is in place I'm going to execute a delete on my FB profile.

I did that more than a decade ago, and it took 2 years and threats of legal action to make it actually go away...

GDPR includes the right to be forgotten

explorer
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 09:33:53 PM

Good!

GDPR includes the right to be forgotten

North America - unaffected.  They probably still have it stored away, but at least it doesn't come up on public searches.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:07:08 AM

Playing out this way...
Pages: « 1 ... 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 [1838] 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 ... 2191 »
  Print  

Jump to: