Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:38:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unobtanium In-House Exchange  (Read 104896 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
coinmaster222

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:48:23 AM

put an order in at Cryptsy for 12.46 at 0.01950009 btc should waken up to it filled my first order to try my wallet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinmaster222

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:56:46 AM

As new to this coin what is a D.V.C Huh?

cragv

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:57:22 AM

With that encouragement, can I buy with AUD bank transfer then? Name your price. Because I will if that's ok with you (and BitcoinCharlie, who posted about this lot first)! Ta.
Sir,

By all means, have at it.

Thanks BC! *(and IMZ)

Offer Code Bene0024:  I have 10 UNO to buy 1 DVC

Offer Code Bene0025:  I have 9 UNO to buy 1 DVC

Offer Code Bene0026:  I have 8 UNO to buy 1 DVC

-

As soon as someone claims an offer in a post, it is either executed or cancelled (if they fail to send 1 DVC for any reason,) so subsequent takers can only accept a different offer/code.  Codes only used once.

To accept an offer, just send 1 DVC to my bursar's wallet:

Mark's Nxt (which is DVC also): NXT-7G8P-PY3U-8F48-GZP3E

-

Expect return UNO payment within 24 hours, usually much sooner.  Thank you!

NOTE:  UNO is much more valuable in dollar terms, now, so these offers are actually higher than past offers, even though there are less UNO.

Bene0025 accepted. DVC will be sent shortly and spreadsheet updated. (Enjoy the bonus 10 UNO from our last trade :p)
cragv

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:02:19 AM

Welcome! See the About tab on the Trade Tracker for that question:

D.V.C. stands for Distributed Vault Coin. This is the exclusive, in-house currency of the Un-Ex. It is truly unique and is a natural extension of the trust-network experiment. You can't just buy a DVC; rather, they are issued to Trusted Traders who are prepared to set aside and verify that they own two ounces of silver bullion (for one DVC) or four ounces (for two DVC). This is the 'Distributed Vault' of the D.V.C.

One DVC equals two troy ounces of pure silver. The silver is pledged by Trusted Traders (currently done in the Bitcointalk.org Un-Ex thread - see Dashboard tab for link), which they then set aside to hold as the backing for their DVC. Once two TTs verify the silver holding (proof by several personalised photos posted in the Un-Ex thread), up to two DVC can be issued to a TT. You may be called upon at any time to prove you still have your pledged silver in your possession, which is particularly important if you have since traded your DVC! Your silver holding is part of the distributed vault and it is therefore vitally important that you can protect that pledged silver.

The true power of the DVC is that it acts as a hedge for UNO - check out the BTC,UNO,DVC,90-day graph (aqua tab) to see for yourself how your DVC is stable through an ever-fluctuating crypto market.
coinmaster222

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:03:51 AM

Welcome! See the About tab on the Trade Tracker for that question:

D.V.C. stands for Distributed Vault Coin. This is the exclusive, in-house currency of the Un-Ex. It is truly unique and is a natural extension of the trust-network experiment. You can't just buy a DVC; rather, they are issued to Trusted Traders who are prepared to set aside and verify that they own two ounces of silver bullion (for one DVC) or four ounces (for two DVC). This is the 'Distributed Vault' of the D.V.C.

One DVC equals two troy ounces of pure silver. The silver is pledged by Trusted Traders (currently done in the Bitcointalk.org Un-Ex thread - see Dashboard tab for link), which they then set aside to hold as the backing for their DVC. Once two TTs verify the silver holding (proof by several personalised photos posted in the Un-Ex thread), up to two DVC can be issued to a TT. You may be called upon at any time to prove you still have your pledged silver in your possession, which is particularly important if you have since traded your DVC! Your silver holding is part of the distributed vault and it is therefore vitally important that you can protect that pledged silver.
WELL I HAVE 20 OUNCES OF SILVER IN MY SAFE AT HOME
The true power of the DVC is that it acts as a hedge for UNO - check out the BTC,UNO,DVC,90-day graph (aqua tab) to see for yourself how your DVC is stable through an ever-fluctuating crypto market.

coinmaster222

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:04:42 AM

Sorry well I have 20oz of silver in my safe at home

cragv

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:10:10 AM

Sorry well I have 20oz of silver in my safe at home

That's kinda the point. You could trade a little on the Un-Ex here, get some reputation and then pledge a couple of ounces. You'd be issued a DVC which you could hold or trade on the Un-Ex. Helps buoy market volume, keeps UNO in strong hands (if you're trading DVC for UNO that is) and enhances the function of the trust network. The trade tracker in its current form is simply an experimental exercise as the Un-Ex community tests ideas for utility, efficiency, ease of use and relevance to the greater goal of 'The Mall'. Expect changes here over the next few months as we prepare to move everything to a database and website.

As UNO becomes more popular and thus more valuable, it will be increasingly difficult to buy. The Mall is an enterprise, driven by the active members of the Un-Ex community. The connections made between Trusted Traders from around the world through trading and liquidity pledges will be the underpinnings of an alliance (aka. 'Centre Management') that will serve a merchant network. This network will provide one place where merchants (businesses) from around the world who accept UNO as payment can come and instantly sell large amounts of coin at the going rate, drawing from the resource pool (Liquidity Engine).

End result: UNO stays in 'strong hands' (the UNO community) rather than being 'dumped' on exchanges and everyone wins; the merchant gets his/her operating capital (their local currency, USD/AUD/YEN/etc.), the UNO community holds more UNO, and the price of UNO is not affected by big sell orders on exchanges, meaning less volatility. Brilliant!
coinmaster222

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:12:51 AM

right i have a trade on cryptsy for 12.46 uno offering 0.01950009 btc each how would that go on to your exchange???

cragv

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:21:31 AM

right i have a trade on cryptsy for 12.46 uno offering 0.01950009 btc each how would that go on to your exchange???

Have a read of the first post in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757232.0

In short, trade here a few times (via the Trade Tracker, as linked earlier - or in my sig), become a 'known quantity'. That's the first step to becoming a Trusted Trader. You could then pledge 2oz silver to hold (ie. don't sell, you need to keep them while you have a DVC issued - Distributed Vault Coin means your pledged holdings are part of the distributed vault) and you'll be part of the distributed vault project, and ultimately part of something bigger to come. Now is still 'grass roots' days for the Un-Ex, but there are big plans ahead and it is a GREAT time to become known here, participate and to be part of this rather unique and progressive project Smiley

PS. if you didn't work it out so far, your Cryptsy trades have nothing to do with the Un-Ex. You need to trade here to build trust. Think about it on a nuts and bolts level - we're trusting each other in a trade here (someone sends first, then the other sends and both confirm, resulting in another notch on your belt of trust; the more trades you do successfully, the better you're known and the more your reputation grows. Be part of the discussion here too, ideally. It all adds up to taking 'the hard road' of building trust between members rather than using a 'trustless' exchange like Cryptsy, where you remain anonymous, unknown and reliant upon their 'black box' system. It's much slower and more time-consuming to establish a trust system, but it is far superior if people can pull it off. That's exactly what we're doing here: with the Un-Ex, it's trust based and is thus unhackable, because the transactions are executed by minds and hands rather than by computer software. Make sense?
coinmaster222

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:27:37 AM

Lol thats what i meant how do I put my cryptsy trade on the uno exchange and take it off cryptsy,sorry I may seem stupit but its near 4am here

cragv

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:37:37 AM

Lol thats what i meant how do I put my cryptsy trade on the uno exchange and take it off cryptsy,sorry I may seem stupit but its near 4am here

If you want to cancel your order on Cryptsy, you'd do so like you'd do it any time: log in, click Open Orders, click Cancel next to whatever one you wanted to stop.

Then go to the Trade Tab on the Trade Tracker (it's in Google Sheets spreadsheet form for now, but wheels are turning to move to something more streamlined soon). The date field will fill automatically, so start in the second column with your username (same as here: coinmaster222), then enter the next four fields: Coin Selling; ASK (Qty to Sell); Coin Buying; BID (Qty to Buy). Eg.

coinmaster222  BTC  0.24  UNO  10

Then set the Status to 'Open' via the dropdown. People here will see the new trade and someone might take you up on it (they'll set the trade to 'Accepted' if/when that happens). You're new, so you'd send first, then when they get your coin, they'll send back to you (you can PM each other here for addresses if they're not set in your profile already) and then when both sides have confirmed, you post here and leave trust feedback (and they'll do the same for you). Change the Status to Complete and hey, presto, you're one trade closer to being a Trusted Trader!

It only takes 2 or 3 trades and a bit of a presence here and you'll be all set. You then might consider whether or not you'd like to be issued a DVC (2 maximum, currently) - you'd follow the verification process as discussed on the last couple of pages (post photo of your pledged silver with a piece of paper with your username and current date from two different angles) and your DVC will be ready to issue to your NXT address.

Obviously there are a few steps here but it doesn't take too long and the advantages of being part of a trust network are considerable: trustworthy and fee-free place to trade, flexibility to trade whatever you want (including various world currencies, bullion, etc. - you name it on the Trade Tracker, then you just need a buyer) and then the accompanying projects to the Un-Ex are pretty great too - have a read about the Liquidity Engine, for example. There are big things on the horizon! Again, welcome! Hope you decide to stick around Smiley

-Craig
coinmaster222

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:49:42 AM

By the time I got there the buy order on cryptsy had gone thru 12.46 for 0.01950009 each had been taken but will but a bigger order on tomorrow

cragv

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:54:41 AM

No hurry and no worries. This is a pressure-free zone, friend. Trade only when you're comfortable and able to. All good!
Benefactor

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:07:16 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2015, 04:19:18 AM by Benefactor

IMZ-Mark - Did you get 1 DVC from cragv?

Opps, I already sent him his 9 UNO.   Embarrassed

10 UNO sent to IMZ-Mark!

How many DVC's in my account, now, Mark?

-

Both of you two are to change the Trade-Tracker to 'Complete', once you get your UNO.  (...And cragv sends 1 DVC to Mark.)  Since I have seniority, and more trades than anyone in Un-Ex history, y'all send first and verify you got my UNO with 'Complete'.  Smiley

Hey!  You guys got UNO I was going to sell on the Out-House Exchanges market!

-

Still open:  Trade Offer BeneD0026:  I have 8 UNO to buy 1 DVC

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
.Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights.  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

coinmaster222

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:08:03 AM

Where do I put the picture of my silver bars with note on it?Huh

Benefactor

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:14:35 AM

Where do I put the picture of my silver bars with note on it?Huh
You post them right here.  In the 2nd row of buttons, the 2nd button looks like a tiny picture.  Click that and put 1 photo's URL inside the two bracketed codes:

[ img ]  your URL code here  [ /img ]

To get a URL code, upload your image to a website.  I like to use imgur.com.  Once you upload your photos to a new account, there, you look at your photo, and it will have the URL code for you.

Otherwise click "Quote" on someone else's post with a photo in it to see what a working code looks like.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

coinmaster222

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:17:50 AM

thanks thats tomorrow/todays project 5am here nearly

coinmaster222

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:20:04 AM

Woo Hoo first coins in wallet the whole 12.46 of them Grin

Benefactor

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:23:27 AM

Congrats!  You are in good company of experienced trader/investors who know well the benefit of holding a valuable asset long-term.

Cool

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
.cogwise.
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

cragv

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:27:28 AM

IMZ-Mark - Did you get 1 DVC from cragv?

Opps, I already sent him his 9 UNO.   Embarrassed

10 UNO sent to IMZ-Mark!

How many DVC's in my account, now, Mark?

-

Both of you two are to change the Trade-Tracker to 'Complete', once you get your UNO.  (...And cragv sends 1 DVC to Mark.)  Since I have seniority, and more trades than anyone in Un-Ex history, y'all send first and verify you got my UNO with 'Complete'.  Smiley

Hey!  You guys got UNO I was going to sell on the Out-House Exchanges market!

I think IMZ has you pipped for most completed trades on the Un-Ex actually! (Though you've certainly made more offers than anyone, by a country mile!!)

I did note in the Un-Ex already that I received your UNO, thanks Benefactor. I'm downloading the NXT blockchain now (have been for several hours) so as soon as it's done, I'll send the DVC. Might be a while yet, sorry - progress in this NXT wallet seems quite slow and it's also eating through my rapidly dwindling remaining internet quota for the month! (Thanks, Australian internet - we'll have first world 'net sometime this decade, hopefully)! It is coming, anyway. Thank you for waiting, I didn't think it'd take so long to catch up from 6 weeks of not being updated. It's currently at 11/01/2015 05:55:11 and counting. Bleh!
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: