Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 03:58:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582900 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
randywald

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:19:32 PM

Saw your test message...but still cant post.

I have no idea why it doesn't work. If you are on android, i would update the app.

pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:40:32 PM

Saw your test message...but still cant post.

I have no idea why it doesn't work. If you are on android, i would update the app.

Working now..just signed out and back in Smiley

Blockchain technology
Keyare

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:53:47 PM

I have Syscoin in paperwallets - do I have to change anything because of Syscoin 2.0?

Nope. That's probably how I'll do mine too.
Krajan

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 11:59:59 AM

Hi, do you think this prediction could be real? http://bitcoinagile.com/609580/syscoin-price-prediction-march-28th_stream. That it could really "continue to .0002 in the near term from the down peak as huge spike". I am consindering long-term investment into this coin and I would like to hear some opinions.
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:16:32 PM

I'm long term holding even if i dont agree with their economic point of view.

The technology is worthit
Wosterlee

Activity: 220
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:25:50 PM

Hi, do you think this prediction could be real? http://bitcoinagile.com/609580/syscoin-price-prediction-march-28th_stream. That it could really "continue to .0002 in the near term from the down peak as huge spike". I am consindering long-term investment into this coin and I would like to hear some opinions.

Well at that price (conversion taken out of account) the marketcap of syscoin should be around 40 million dollar. Same as MAIDsafe reached earlier based on mostly hype, so it is possible.

I bought some Syscoin in mid-februari, but I have no idea what the potential could be. I don't know if the average joes will adopt this marketplace, as there are many out there. It will depend on the tech and on the marketing strategy of the team.

Don't be fooled by the massive dump in the last couple of days, that's just the day traders moving on. I expect the price of Sys to minimally double when they will be releasing.
Krajan

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:36:47 PM

Thank you for your response. I think such marketplace is brilliant idea and I can see the price is the lowest from March. But before buying I wanted to do some research and learn something more. So thank you for all your opinions.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 08:59:37 PM

I don't know if the average joes will adopt this marketplace, as there are many out there. It will depend on the tech and on the marketing strategy of the team.

Totally agree that success @ scale will heavily depend on merchant adoption (which in turn will drive buyer adoption). Curious which competitors your referencing or who you see as competition because there are very few decentralized competitors out there that the average Joe can use short of OpenBazaar?

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
bigs21024

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

please help gofund.me/bigs21024 Family in need

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:27:56 PM

Loving this need to stock up and hold!

Wosterlee

Activity: 220
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 09:54:00 AM

I don't know if the average joes will adopt this marketplace, as there are many out there. It will depend on the tech and on the marketing strategy of the team.

Totally agree that success @ scale will heavily depend on merchant adoption (which in turn will drive buyer adoption). Curious which competitors your referencing or who you see as competition because there are very few decentralized competitors out there that the average Joe can use short of OpenBazaar?

I was actually looking at the bigger picture, like online markets/stores in general like Ebay, auctoin sites, online warehouses where you use fiat currency. For Average Joe there is not much reason to flock to bitcoin yet in terms of trading goods, besides purse.io and a few individual merchants. Maybe decentralized markets such as Syscoin, OpenBazaar and BitBay could change this. But that's way ahead in the future. For me, cryptoland's initial reaction will tell much about the future of decentralized markets.

I'm also wondering why you are sticking with the name Syscoin? If the main feature is a decentralized market, it would sound more logical to me to rebrand Syscoin to something more familiar like Marketcoin, Bitmarket, Plazacoin or maybe Agora?

4emily

Activity: 577

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:44:14 AM

The Sys Slack invite on the op returns the following message:

Failed! token_revoked

Huh
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:47:43 PM

I was actually looking at the bigger picture, like online markets/stores in general like Ebay, auctoin sites, online warehouses where you use fiat currency. For Average Joe there is not much reason to flock to bitcoin yet in terms of trading goods, besides purse.io and a few individual merchants. Maybe decentralized markets such as Syscoin, OpenBazaar and BitBay could change this. But that's way ahead in the future. For me, cryptoland's initial reaction will tell much about the future of decentralized markets.

I'm also wondering why you are sticking with the name Syscoin? If the main feature is a decentralized market, it would sound more logical to me to rebrand Syscoin to something more familiar like Marketcoin, Bitmarket, Plazacoin or maybe Agora?

i agree and Agora is the best...
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 07:45:20 PM

Failed! token_revoked

Huh

That's odd the API token must have expired or something, I'll fix this tonight. if you want to PM me your email I'll manually send you an invite.

This is something we heavily debated internally, and are still discussing actually. Because Syscoin will likely have other features beyond just the marketplace (assets, prediction markets both possible) choosing a brand name that is solely related to the marketplace function could artificially limit Syscoin's value. As such we'd want to choose a new name that doesn't have "coin" or "cash" in it but is a more general platform brand. I like Agora, i mean i know its still limiting in that its greek for marketplace but i like how its not as direct as "marketcoin" etc.

The problem with Agora is that its also the name of a darkmarket, and we don't want to lead with that. This branding thing is still a topic of discussion. Interested to hear what the community think on this topic- if we were to rebrand the time to do it would be this upcoming 2.0 launch. If we choose to rebrand it would also incur come additional work as we'd need to update all our materials accoringly, which would delay the 2.0 launch - something we're trying to avoid.

In other News:

Syscoin 2.0 Final Coin Specs
- http://syscoin.org/syscoin-2-0-final-coin-parameters/
Syscoin debuts final 2.0 Beta - http://siliconangle.com/blog/2016/03/31/altcoin-syscoin-release-final-2-0-beta-releases-a-range-of-new-decentralized-functions/

To be clear the final 2.0 beta is being released tonight (US/PST) along with another blog post!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 08:21:45 PM

Failed! token_revoked

Huh

That's odd the API token must have expired or something, I'll fix this tonight. if you want to PM me your email I'll manually send you an invite.

This is something we heavily debated internally, and are still discussing actually. Because Syscoin will likely have other features beyond just the marketplace (assets, prediction markets both possible) choosing a brand name that is solely related to the marketplace function could artificially limit Syscoin's value. As such we'd want to choose a new name that doesn't have "coin" or "cash" in it but is a more general platform brand. I like Agora, i mean i know its still limiting in that its greek for marketplace but i like how its not as direct as "marketcoin" etc.

The problem with Agora is that its also the name of a darkmarket, and we don't want to lead with that. This branding thing is still a topic of discussion. Interested to hear what the community think on this topic- if we were to rebrand the time to do it would be this upcoming 2.0 launch. If we choose to rebrand it would also incur come additional work as we'd need to update all our materials accoringly, which would delay the 2.0 launch - something we're trying to avoid.

In other News:

Syscoin 2.0 Final Coin Specs
- http://syscoin.org/syscoin-2-0-final-coin-parameters/
Syscoin debuts final 2.0 Beta - http://siliconangle.com/blog/2016/03/31/altcoin-syscoin-release-final-2-0-beta-releases-a-range-of-new-decentralized-functions/

To be clear the final 2.0 beta is being released tonight (US/PST) along with another blog post!

I'm very pleased with the decision by the Syscoin team to focus on development instead of artificial scarcity.

I support this.
b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:57:49 PM

FANTASTIC news for SYS investors  Cheesy Market cap is still low, great long term investment potential  Roll Eyes

I like to speculate
b1007

Activity: 404

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:52:34 PM

I don't think people realise yet what's going on here lol  Cheesy Long term supply is cut in two! Meaning, the long term value of this coin has suddenly doubled. On top of that there is some real economy bitcoin killer app stuff going on. Tired of hearing the same buzzwords (marketplace, decentralized assets etc.) but these guys seem to actually make it happen.

I like to speculate
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:26:55 PM

I don't think people realise yet what's going on here lol  Cheesy Long term supply is cut in two! Meaning, the long term value of this coin has suddenly doubled. On top of that there is some real economy bitcoin killer app stuff going on. Tired of hearing the same buzzwords (marketplace, decentralized assets etc.) but these guys seem to actually make it happen.
ATH coming!!!  Wink
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:39:38 PM

Hmm. First, your new plan seems marginally better than your old plan. However, changing the fundamental characteristics of the distribution at all just seems shifty.

From the release:
In order to ensure proper funding for the continued development of Syscoin 2.0, the team will be allocating 15 million Syscoin for future development. These funds will be allocated from the mining schedule immediately upon launch of the new platform.

Other than announcing the insiders will be getting 15M coins, this statement is content-free. What is the exact schedule of disbursement? Will 15M new coins (of the eventual 900M) just poof into existence at the time Syscoin 2.0 goes live? Will they be in address(es) controlled solely by insiders (i.e. 'the team')? Who are these insiders?

I note there is still no answer to the question of whether the exchanges will be stealing our 'old-SYS' coins at the point in time we are granted an equal number of Syscoin 2.0. Inadvertent omission? Not known? Inconvenient to answer truthfully?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:43:46 PM

...there is some real economy bitcoin killer app stuff going on.

I hate to be a negative nelly, but what, exactly, are you referring to here?

Tired of hearing the same buzzwords

Absolutely.

...but these guys seem to actually make it happen.

Cool. I must have missed something. What is it? Precisely, I mean?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
fher98

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 11:55:11 PM

Hello everybody,

Im trying to download from https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin/releases/download/1.5.1.1/Syscoin_v1.5.1.1.zip but my AV reports Win32:malware-gen. Could be a false alarm?

thanks

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 [248] 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: