Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:03:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582883 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:18:20 PM

I can say for a fact that the Syscoin community is very charity friendly, one of the best in the crypto world!!!

Hello all!

Apologies, I know this is a little off topic, but it's related I swear Smiley

Some local friends and I are running a team for the "Extra Life" fundraiser for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.

http://www.extra-life.org/

Each hospital treats thousands of kids per year, regardless of the family's ability to pay.

On October 25th, our team will be participating in the 24 hour "gaming" (video, tabletop, cards etc) marathon in order to raise pledges for the extra life fundraiser.

So how is this related to Syscoin?

A number of us are strong Syscoin supporters, so we will be making Syscoin a big part of our fundraiser. The event will be live streamed, and I am currently working with Dan and the sys team to try to get syscoin swag (hats or t-shirts) for the team to wear during the event.

We will also be accepting both Bitcoin and Syscoin donations, which will be turned into Fiat after the event and donated directly to extra life.

If any of you are interested in donating, these are the addresses we will be using:

SYSCOIN: SWtX643hpKDjjRNaXV2aNLXUjTfvf5pjFt

BITCOIN: 1JCm7W2tfP6RNcjdQNzrUACpsDcfUHgehL

If donating via fiat makes you more comfortable, you can also donate directly to the org itself via:

https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donate.event&eventID=520

Thanks so much!

j4ce1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bepster

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:36:20 PM

1K SYS sent
j4ce1

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:46:25 PM

I can say for a fact that the Syscoin community is very charity friendly, one of the best in the crypto world!!!

Thanks Madmartyk Smiley

I felt like Extra Life was a natural extension of the great work you were already doing promotion Children's charity.

I am donating to both Smiley
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 06:19:42 PM

Blockexperts is down? Does SYS have another block explorer? if not should be another 1 incase. https://chainz.cryptoid.info is brilliant!!! 0.25 BTCs a year!

Thanks for the notice that's not good! We pay them to make sure that _doesn't_ happen! Will look into the link you sent for sure, this can be used in the interim as a backup explorer- http://sys.coinzone.info/. And we are working on integrating the explorer directly into the wallet with 0.1.6 or shortly thereafter so while we will of course get a "generic" block explorer up and running again ASAP just know that a better explorer is coming!

@j4ce1 - It is a bit off topic but its for a good cause  Wink. You know you've got our support and I'll be in touch w/more info on that tomorrow, been playing catchup this week sry!

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:11:44 PM

Blockexperts is down? Does SYS have another block explorer? if not should be another 1 incase. https://chainz.cryptoid.info is brilliant!!! 0.25 BTCs a year!

Thanks for the notice that's not good! We pay them to make sure that _doesn't_ happen! Will look into the link you sent for sure, this can be used in the interim as a backup explorer- http://sys.coinzone.info/. And we are working on integrating the explorer directly into the wallet with 0.1.6 or shortly thereafter so while we will of course get a "generic" block explorer up and running again ASAP just know that a better explorer is coming!

@j4ce1 - It is a bit off topic but its for a good cause  Wink. You know you've got our support and I'll be in touch w/more info on that tomorrow, been playing catchup this week sry!

Good to see that you are very active on this thread and giving answer of all question.
It will be good if Syscoin will have another block explorer. In case 1 don't work for some problem we will have another.
j4ce1

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:14:18 PM

Thanks dano, you guys rock!
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 09:12:50 PM

@j4ce1 - It is a bit off topic but its for a good cause  Wink. You know you've got our support and I'll be in touch w/more info on that tomorrow, been playing catchup this week sry!

Good to see that you are very active on this thread and giving answer of all question.
It will be good if Syscoin will have another block explorer. In case 1 don't work for some problem we will have another.

Oh I/we will be here for quite some time! I just PM'd blockexperts about the block explorer being down, they are responsible for operating it. I now see they say that the coin is in "maintenance mode" but there is no reason for this and they haven't contacted the team with any issues. We'll figure out whats going on and we'll have it back up ASAP. We are still going to release our own block explorer that allows you to browse all the syscoin services used in a block too (aliases, certs, data, etc) just a matter of time.

Right now current explorers won't display these SYS service transactions properly.  We also are aware that most current explorers don't calculate the wallet balance correctly if you've used any Syscoin services as they don't properly account for service fees. If you see a discrepancy between a generic block explorer balance (blockexperts, coinzone, ABE, etc) and the balance in your actual SYS wallet it is because these generic explorers are not made for Syscoin's new features and don't account for the service transactions properly. Our custom explorer will account for these properly of course. If you are just sending and receiving and aren't using any SYS services your balances (wallet v explorer) should match.

Still working on 0.1.5 RC3 btw! This release will have some major improvements to sycoin-core code as well as the other items being delivered in this release thus the need for the extra testing time.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
manbot1

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:02:18 PM

dano you and coderboo said you had a surprise for us all ?  have i missed it or is it still under wraps to be kept a secret..for a later date... Wink Wink just asking in case i missed something.. but i could of been dreaming about syscoin. Cheesy Cheesy.and dano and coderboo were saying in my dream ..WE HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU Grin Grin
Ivanech

Activity: 808
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 08:52:36 AM

Is it possible to change Syscoin Chain ID to enable SYS merge mining with other coins?

in main.cpp (lines 2624-2626) it is declared

Code:
int GetOurChainID() {
return 0x0001;
}

but ChainID=1 interferes with other AUX PoW coins, like UnitedScryptCoin and GreenCoin and disables SYS merge mining together with this coins.

Is there a way to change SYS's ChainID for merge mining?
gefafwisp

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 10:00:10 AM

So quiet.... price dropping on Bittrex... come on devs throw us a bone!  Cool

https://twitter.com/syscoin/status/517613479667441665
mwheeleruk

Activity: 554
Merit: 500

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 01:34:59 PM

Hey

We are obviously still here and getting on with things, you only got to look at the activity on github Smiley https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin/graphs/punch-card - We are taking the next step into the Syscoin Market Features and it's another thing we are working on amongst other things, as always we'll post a wrap up report of what the whole week and coming week is going to consist of - we will keep you updated once we finalise the information within the team (normally Sundays).

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
gefafwisp

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 02:34:55 PM

Thanks for the update Smiley Sorry I'm being impatient - I'll keep an eye on the github!
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 04, 2014, 05:20:19 PM

Is it possible to change Syscoin Chain ID to enable SYS merge mining with other coins?

Code:
int GetOurChainID() {
return 0x0001;
}

but ChainID=1 interferes with other AUX PoW coins, like UnitedScryptCoin and GreenCoin and disables SYS merge mining together with this coins.

No there are few rare coins using this id...this cant be changed without major hassle
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 06:15:19 PM

Oh we're busy as hell - https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin/graphs/punch-card and that is just ONE of our 4+ repositories! We just are trying to make sure stuff is stable before we publish any news sorry for the delay!

Code:
int GetOurChainID() {
return 0x0001;
}

No there are few rare coins using this id...this cant be changed without major hassle

Yeah as @sidhujag mentioned we chose the ChainID=1 that was used by the fewest coins (and because part of SYS code is inherited from USC). So while you can't MM SYS with GreenCoin or USC, you can mine it with practically any other Scrypt coin. We don't have plans to change this at present unless there is a community push to enable merge-mine of USC and Greencoin Wink

Imo price is dropping because ppl are dumping to get out of BTC. BTC ain't doing too good right now.... just my speculation tho.

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 11:17:14 PM

Side Note:
We got a reply back from blockexperts regarding the state of the Syscoin block explorer hosted by them. They had to perform a one-time system maintenance and will be back up ASAP.

We host our block explorer through a third party for the sake of transparency and fairness but we will explore a secondary provider until our custom explorer is up which can act as another data provider.

Still working on 0.1.5 RC3, I don't want to make any official announcement right now as most the core team is on PST- there is still an issue we're working on related to transferred aliases before we can make an official statement on the RC3 release timeline. In ligher news we fixed a bunch of other stuff (in parallel) while working on this issue and 0.1.5 now includes labels for all transactions- including certs, offers, and data!  Grin

Will continue to keep thread posted.

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 12:00:18 AM

Block explorer back up and running: http://blockexperts.com/sys

shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 12:23:51 AM

Side Note:
We got a reply back from blockexperts regarding the state of the Syscoin block explorer hosted by them. They had to perform a one-time system maintenance and will be back up ASAP.

We host our block explorer through a third party for the sake of transparency and fairness but we will explore a secondary provider until our custom explorer is up which can act as another data provider.

Still working on 0.1.5 RC3, I don't want to make any official announcement right now as most the core team is on PST- there is still an issue we're working on related to transferred aliases before we can make an official statement on the RC3 release timeline. In ligher news we fixed a bunch of other stuff (in parallel) while working on this issue and 0.1.5 now includes labels for all transactions- including certs, offers, and data!  Grin

Will continue to keep thread posted.

Don't organize development like that.

You should isolate features for 0.1.5 from the new ones of "labels for all transactions- including certs, offers, and data!", and release a bug free 0.1.5 version to end users.

the new features of "labels for all transactions- including certs, offers, and data!" should be in a separate branch, which can be called 0.1.5a and expected to be released later.

Keeping add new features to existing version but letting the users wait too long to get a working version is quite unprofessional.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 12:44:12 AM

Don't organize development like that.

You should isolate features for 0.1.5 from the new ones of "labels for all transactions- including certs, offers, and data!", and release a bug free 0.1.5 version to end users.

the new features of "labels for all transactions- including certs, offers, and data!" should be in a separate branch, which can be called 0.1.5a and expected to be released later.

I agree, we had already implemented a labeling pattern in 0.1.5 for aliases though so natural extension to the other transaction was not only low-risk but it was also non-blocking and technically not really a "new feature" just an enhancement. I do agree though in a best-practices perspective new feature development or issue resolution is done in a separate branch, tested, reintegrated and then tested again.

Keeping add new features to existing version but letting the users wait too long to get a working version is quite unprofessional.

In this situation the two are unrelated but I understand what you're getting it. We had available development bandwidth, and throwing it at the current issue holding up the release was not efficient as we already have the majority of the team working on that issue. There are other roadmap intersections at play as well but suffice it to say that adding the tx labels to the next release was something we thought people would enjoy and it did not delay the release further.

icekohl

Activity: 339

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 03:19:28 AM

To the contrary I think ppl are dumping their alts to get BTC as the alt prices haven't moved in line with BTC drop.  Accumulation period for BTC hoping to ride a wave up, most predict end of year or early 15 spike.  This is of course my opinion and my current strat.

kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 03:23:30 AM

Code:
int GetOurChainID() {
return 0x0001;
}

USC is pretty dead, why care of it. ID=1 has loads more of cool coins

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: