Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:02:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582881 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wheatclove

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:05:09 AM

Dano, 1500 btc are what you asked from investors, if you thought 1490 were good for the coin donating to charity is you business plan, that is,  your teams management skills and therefor,  your teams responsibility. Do you need some ideas ? ok lets brainstorm .... How about borrowing 20k  each  one , resign from job and work closed doors through 4 months before deadline? after all you would have received 1500 btc after that period if every feature was implemented ? . Ok lets suppose you don't have any possibility to get any money (really ? all having jobs ?) and you should keep working, well how about finishing the wallet first having 2 jobs and then only then ask for money ? what would have been the difference for you guys ?  you would have 2 jobs anyway as you have now isn't it ?

For the other topic, could you please detail what better technology than Qt for C++ for UI development and why ?

I am glad that we can  have a civilized discussion about this topics

Are you suggesting we should have forgone income entirely, taken out personal loans for 20k each (?!) and then hope that the presale sold out and... if so... because we had quit our jobs which and pay for our lives and families to focus on Syscoin for 4months then we would have not had launch issues and gotten the 1500btc thus making the 20k of personal debt per team member repaid? I hope I'm just misunderstanding something here because that is absurd and frankly completely irresponsible. If you think that is a sound "plan". What if there were still issues come launch? We'd be jobless, heavily in debt, and with families to support.

In either case - I'm sorry but I'm not going to continue this line of hindsight-based "brainstorming" with you. If you have suggestions on how to improve Syscoin beyond the comments you've already made, we welcome them. If you're interested in what interface technology we'll be using for UI dev instead of C++ I already answered that and have no interest in starting some debate about it.

Good point ! so it was better to risk some one else money right ? because in your view that is the responsible thing to do ... after all you couldn't be sure that coin would succeed

For the other topic  i would like your opinion on what web technologies or java frameworks are better than qt and why ? you make an assertion but don't explain me why ? please educate me ( not being sarcastic ).

Can you please stop, your arguments are insane, and who would take on the burden your suggesting with working full time. Can you just let it rest and move on? I'm not sure you looking for a discussion, I'm thinking more your either A. a very clever troll or B. just trying to stir the pot for your own amusement.

Good point ! so it was better to risk some one else money right ? because in your view that is the responsible thing to do ... after all you couldn't be sure that coin would succeed and those 750 000 $us (at the time) were not "real debt"

1) Investments in cryptocurrencies are high risk. Every crypto investor knows this (atleast they should). The risk is offset by a possible high ROI.

2) The IPO was run after the coin had already been worked on for 4 months? You're saying the developers should have been able to see the future, quit their jobs and stop being able to provide for their families for 4 entire months to hope that they get enough from the IPO to cover their asses? You can gamble with money, you can gamble with time, but gambling with your family's livelihood is ridiculous. Sure, if they were single and had the means to survive without pay for 4 months it may be a different story. But who is going to forfeit job security for a gamble on coin development?

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
android_631

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:28:32 AM

Dano, 1500 btc are what you asked from investors, if you thought 1490 were good for the coin donating to charity is you business plan, that is,  your teams management skills and therefor,  your teams responsibility. Do you need some ideas ? ok lets brainstorm .... How about borrowing 20k  each  one , resign from job and work closed doors through 4 months before deadline? after all you would have received 1500 btc after that period if every feature was implemented ? . Ok lets suppose you don't have any possibility to get any money (really ? all having jobs ?) and you should keep working, well how about finishing the wallet first having 2 jobs and then only then ask for money ? what would have been the difference for you guys ?  you would have 2 jobs anyway as you have now isn't it ?

For the other topic, could you please detail what better technology than Qt for C++ for UI development and why ?

I am glad that we can  have a civilized discussion about this topics

Are you suggesting we should have forgone income entirely, taken out personal loans for 20k each (?!) and then hope that the presale sold out and... if so... because we had quit our jobs which and pay for our lives and families to focus on Syscoin for 4months then we would have not had launch issues and gotten the 1500btc thus making the 20k of personal debt per team member repaid? I hope I'm just misunderstanding something here because that is absurd and frankly completely irresponsible. If you think that is a sound "plan". What if there were still issues come launch? We'd be jobless, heavily in debt, and with families to support.

In either case - I'm sorry but I'm not going to continue this line of hindsight-based "brainstorming" with you. If you have suggestions on how to improve Syscoin beyond the comments you've already made, we welcome them. If you're interested in what interface technology we'll be using for UI dev instead of C++ I already answered that and have no interest in starting some debate about it.

Good point ! so it was better to risk some one else money right ? because in your view that is the responsible thing to do ... after all you couldn't be sure that coin would succeed

For the other topic  i would like your opinion on what web technologies or java frameworks are better than qt and why ? you make an assertion but don't explain me why ? please educate me ( not being sarcastic ).

Can you please stop, your arguments are insane, and who would take on the burden your suggesting with working full time. Can you just let it rest and move on? I'm not sure you looking for a discussion, I'm thinking more your either A. a very clever troll or B. just trying to stir the pot for your own amusement.

Good point ! so it was better to risk some one else money right ? because in your view that is the responsible thing to do ... after all you couldn't be sure that coin would succeed and those 750 000 $us (at the time) were not "real debt"

1) Investments in cryptocurrencies are high risk. Every crypto investor knows this (atleast they should). The risk is offset by a possible high ROI.

2) The IPO was run after the coin had already been worked on for 4 months? You're saying the developers should have been able to see the future, quit their jobs and stop being able to provide for their families for 4 entire months to hope that they get enough from the IPO to cover their asses? You can gamble with money, you can gamble with time, but gambling with your family's livelihood is ridiculous. Sure, if they were single and had the means to survive without pay for 4 months it may be a different story. But who is going to forfeit job security for a gamble on coin development?

WTF I am saying that knowing those facts i would never have invested in the first place, or you really think they were irrelevant?  didn't i had the right to know ?
WTF argument is that ? 90 % of crypto developers work in their free time and do it for free, most of them having jobs, most of them having family so they invest their own time and money for their projects <---- THAT IS THE RESPONSIBLE THING TO DO.

Obviously this is not productive, i had my concerns those were answered.i am more frustrated than i were at the beginning   so good luck and good bye
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:03:29 AM

enough of this android troll

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
j4ce1

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 05:18:08 AM

WTF I am saying that knowing those facts i would never have invested in the first place, or you really think they were irrelevant?  didn't i had the right to know ?
WTF argument is that ? 90 % of crypto developers work in their free time and do it for free, most of them having jobs, most of them having family so they invest their own time and money for their projects <---- THAT IS THE RESPONSIBLE THING TO DO.

Obviously this is not productive, i had my concerns those were answered.i am more frustrated than i were at the beginning   so good luck and good bye

I really want to know where this guy works. Given his "mastery" of the english language, I would be scared to see the "enterprise quality" code that he produces. Theirs is not a product I would ever want to use.
shadowduck

Activity: 840
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:17:19 AM

Sincerely i would never have invested in the project knowing that you guys have full time jobs ( as most of crypto developers ) but at least that explains a lot of things.
I know it is my fault to make suppositions, that is the game and surely that is the reason risk/reward is so high; but the image you sold to investors is that the team is capable of producing corporate quality code and to bring top management skills to the table, you failed to deliver that.

+10000000
Exactly what I want to say.

Even your developers can't take risk to quit your day job before the IPO, you still can do that after the IPO,
the raised $750K can already compensate you well.
If you considering syscoin as a startup, you should not be too greedy for the early return.

It's highly unacceptable that you took $750K, but just work on it for part time.
That's the whole reason why the development pace is so slow, and it also hurt the price deadly.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:22:20 AM

Sincerely i would never have invested in the project knowing that you guys have full time jobs ( as most of crypto developers ) but at least that explains a lot of things.
I know it is my fault to make suppositions, that is the game and surely that is the reason risk/reward is so high; but the image you sold to investors is that the team is capable of producing corporate quality code and to bring top management skills to the table, you failed to deliver that.

+10000000

Even your developers can't take risk to quit your day job before the IPO, you still can do that after the IPO,
If you considering syscoin as a startup, you should not be too greedy for the early return.

It's highly unacceptable that you took $750K, but just work on it for part time.
That's the whole reason why the development pace is so slow, and it also hurt the price deadly.

+1

this has been failure from the start
mwheeleruk

Activity: 554

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:45:42 AM

+10000000

+1

this has been failure from the start

Again, Inaccurate. There is an still is round the clock work on Syscoin - The US goes to bed and the Europeans Wake up for the crossover. You also have to look at the fact that the full funds have not been released lets stop with the inaccurate comments and read the previous posts that are within the thread before making a comment.

Lets focus on the main thing here, Syscoin - and it's current and upcoming features and ongoing adoption.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
randywald

Activity: 600

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:32:02 AM

Hi guys,

as there are so much problems with Mintpal i would really like you to test alcurEX. It is a totally new exchange with the intention to only add established coins. It has a USD market and a microCoin market as alternative for coins with lower value. New coins are always listed in a seperate catalogue to clearly diversify between established and new coins.

Syscoin is not listed, yet. But i'm in contact with the operator and can make him proposals for new coins to be added.

https://alcurex.org/
https://alcurex.org/index.php/crypto/index

With kind regards,
randywald

mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:03:45 AM

Hi guys,

as there are so much problems with Mintpal i would really like you to test alcurEX. It is a totally new exchange with the intention to only add established coins. It has a USD market and a microCoin market as alternative for coins with lower value. New coins are always listed in a seperate catalogue to clearly diversify between established and new coins.

Syscoin is not listed, yet. But i'm in contact with the operator and can make him proposals for new coins to be added.

With kind regards,
randywald

Will contact you direct randy

Wheatclove

Activity: 606

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:48:00 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 10:58:19 AM by Wheatclove

+10000000

It's laughable that you compare developing a cryptocurrency (with no guarantees of a steady income) to holding a secure job.

I personally feel more secure as an investor if the developers have a steady job outside of crypto. This makes them less likely to take profits from their own coins by dumping on the market buys.

You're obviously just upset that you didn't turn an instant profit from the ICO.
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 11:42:01 AM

......Obviously this is not productive, i had my concerns those were answered.i am more frustrated than i were at the beginning   so good luck and good bye

We can only hope. Where DO these people come from?  Huh

Oh and devs....
Do you have any contacts over at Mintpal that can tell you when I, and others I'm sure, can get my fairly large sum of Syscoin out of there?

247mining

Activity: 161
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:56:03 AM

The more trolls will make noise, the better for us - medium/long time investors. I have started buying SYS now, because it's a good price and the future is bright Smiley  I will keep buying them at this price 4 sure. For all those that keeps crying about all "this and that" - sell your coins (thought I doubt you have any) and move on to other coins.
josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:46:31 PM

The spotlight of Syscoin Asset exchange  is what's inspiring, what's positive and what's working and what will be huge.

Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 02:06:55 PM

The more trolls will make noise, the better for us - medium/long time investors. I have started buying SYS now, because it's a good price and the future is bright Smiley  I will keep buying them at this price 4 sure. For all those that keeps crying about all "this and that" - sell your coins (thought I doubt you have any) and move on to other coins.

"i am happier than i were at the beginning"  ....lol

great prices...love it!

mwheeleruk

Crypto Enthusiast

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:19:26 PM

The spotlight of Syscoin Asset exchange  is what's inspiring, what's positive and what's working and what will be huge.

Definatly something which is interesting and agin with this, endless possibilities.

sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 02:23:55 PM

The more trolls will make noise, the better for us - medium/long time investors. I have started buying SYS now, because it's a good price and the future is bright Smiley  I will keep buying them at this price 4 sure. For all those that keeps crying about all "this and that" - sell your coins (thought I doubt you have any) and move on to other coins.

Thanks for re-joining us Smiley You were always a great member of our community!

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 02:26:15 PM

@devs

How are you going to ask people to show respect on the thread and then go DISRESPECT US ALL by spending so much time with this ANDROID TROLL?!?!?   Roll Eyes

enough of this android troll

Yea we aren't spending anymore time on that.  Lips sealed

Wake up devs...  at least one of you guys should start actually adding these TROLLS to your Ignore List like I have been doing (instead of just doing the whole moderating thing) so that you can see the influx of posts by them whenever a NEW sock-puppet-troll gets created with the purpose of shitting all over the thread...  NEVER FAILS...   Roll Eyes

I do this myself but since ignore-lists are user-specific (like android would only be ignored in my view if I understand this system correctly) we're always concerned others who may have less technical knowledge will take this stuff they are posting as fact.

Maybe I am misunderstanding how BCT ignore's work though- are they user specific or if I (as mod of the thread) "ignore" a user is that user now ignored within the thread for everyone? If its the latter I'll start using ignore a lot more for the situations. Thanks for the quick BCT 101.

Oh and devs....
Do you have any contacts over at Mintpal that can tell you when I, and others I'm sure, can get my fairly large sum of Syscoin out of there?

In this case we actually do have contacts that we can try to reach out to for that information. Will do that today and then report back soon as we can. So the question (just so I get it right) is when will Syscoin withdrawals from Mintpal be enabled/functional? I haven't been over there in a day or two so I'm not sure if they state of affairs is that withdrawals are disabled, or if they are not "working". Give me a lil clarification here and I'll make sure to follow up.

The more trolls will make noise, the better for us - medium/long time investors. I have started buying SYS now, because it's a good price and the future is bright Smiley  I will keep buying them at this price 4 sure. For all those that keeps crying about all "this and that" - sell your coins (thought I doubt you have any) and move on to other coins.

+1 and welcome back!

The spotlight of Syscoin Asset exchange  is what's inspiring, what's positive and what's working and what will be huge.

This is going to be huge. We have so much coming... its a weird paradigm seeing so much trolling and doubt here when in reality there is really so much positive news coming (some of which we shared a bit). We'll keep working hard, finalizing RC3 and pushing forward all this stuff we're working on (mobile wallets, new core features, entirely new wallet, Blockmarket, and more).

Made some big progress on RC3 issues working late into last night. Testing now. Update coming later today.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:17:12 PM

Hi guys,

With kind regards,
randywald

I think Syscoin needs to distance itself from Mintpal/Moolah as much as possible. Mintpal/Moolah is a shit-show, they appear to be incredibly incompetent and that incompetence is beginning to really screw over and piss off traders. One example of many: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/2is99c/for_public_recordmy_legal_notice_letter_to/
gefafwisp

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:39:55 PM

I think you'd be throwing out the baby with the bath water if you severed ties with Moolah tbh. Give them a chance to turn it around.

There's a lot of Moolah haters out there... If you take care to read that reddit post you'll find that OPs issue is with Mintpal's management prior to the Moolah takeover.....

Hi guys,

With kind regards,
randywald

I think Syscoin needs to distance itself from Mintpal/Moolah as much as possible. Mintpal/Moolah is a shit-show, they appear to be incredibly incompetent and that incompetence is beginning to really screw over and piss off traders. One example of many: http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/2is99c/for_public_recordmy_legal_notice_letter_to/
coderboo

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:38:50 PM

I'm with syscoin like the captain of a ship! Wink

I wish you well Wink  because a failure from any coin is a failure for all crypto, it just adds uncertainty for all crypto world

Thank you for the well wishes. From your comments it seems we disagree, and that's OK. It sounds like you're asserting that somehow we are not up to executing our plan and delivering to the level we're committing to, and therefore it is best if we do not even try.  On both points, I enthusiastically disagree, and I point to the ever-increasing quality of our work products, as well as our rapidly growing feature set, as proof.

May I suggest that, if you disagree, that you divest yourself of any SYS you hold, and invest in a project you do believe in? This should relieve you of your anxiety and cause you to use your energy in a positive manner on the project you are passionate about - and that *is* a good thing for the entire industry.

Thanks for your interest in Syscoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: