Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582881 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:17:49 PM

It's funny how people on both sides of the fence claim to be fortune tellers lol:-)

I for one am taking these problems as a phenomenal "potential" investment and buying a bunch up!

It is without doubt a scary thought for many in how SysCoin can continue with such an enormous loss in funding capital, but that is also what has created the possible investment opportunity to buy at so little if they do indeed see their way through this. 

Only time will tell the true story:-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deadliftbrah

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:12:04 AM

Devs,

Off topic - but nothing like a dose of stoicism to put things into perspective, good luck with the legal case...

http://youtu.be/dZwHMZ4t-_Y?t=53m40s
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 12:44:17 AM

Devs,

Off topic - but nothing like a dose of stoicism to put things into perspective, good luck with the legal case...

I actually watched that, and thanks- I hope people feel we're responding well, we can only deal with the hand we've been given.

I want to call out that the Syscoin team was the first (of all impacted) to take actual, legal action. We are still the only party that has taken legal action, but I assure you a line is forming quickly. We did this at great cost to what's left of our fund, but felt it the only responsible thing to do- even if it costs us every last penny from our presale fund.

Cryptocurrencies will never grow if these kind of actions are consistently met with a "oh darn" reactions from the community. We are tired of the "oh darn" and are taking this very seriously. I can't disclose anything more but the fact we acted as soon as we did may have not only saved our BTC, but it may have saved Mintpal's BTC as well. Can't say anymore than that and I'm not stating anything as fact.

As we've stated several times we're still moving forward with SYS, but we MUST focus on the legal issues right now and bring any wrong-doers to justice. For Syscoin, for Moopay investors, for Mintpal users, and for the community at large. We're also networking with all affected parties. Everyone wants to see justice here, and "everyone" here is a very very large group of people.

I hope people recognize this expense and effort we're expending to seek justice isn't just about OUR bitcoin. We could've easily taken what's left of the fund, put it toward dev or put it in our pocket and walked away from all this calamity. Instead we're heading dead-on into the eye of the storm and hoping to make an example of "bad actors" like this in the crypto space.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 01:04:29 AM

guys SYS peopel are working on this coin [i knpw it for a fact] even tho they lost alot of BTCs due to moolah ceo scammer.
give tchem a break - they never stopped working on this and invested their own money while now they are at huge loss due to this looser.

SYS is not for pnd but for long term stuff imo. i cannot give anybody advice of what to do, but personally im just holding a pretty large amount and not even thinking of selling on this prices.

cryptochris88

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:22:38 AM

Devs,

I actually watched that, and thanks- I hope people feel we're responding well, we can only deal with the hand we've been given.

I want to call out that the Syscoin team was the first (of all impacted) to take actual, legal action. We are still the only party that has taken legal action, but I assure you a line is forming quickly. We did this at great cost to what's left of our fund, but felt it the only responsible thing to do- even if it costs us every last penny from our presale fund.

Cryptocurrencies will never grow if these kind of actions are consistently met with a "oh darn" reactions from the community. We are tired of the "oh darn" and are taking this very seriously. I can't disclose anything more but the fact we acted as soon as we did may have not only saved our BTC, but it may have saved Mintpal's BTC as well. Can't say anymore than that and I'm not stating anything as fact.

As we've stated several times we're still moving forward with SYS, but we MUST focus on the legal issues right now and bring any wrong-doers to justice. For Syscoin, for Moopay investors, for Mintpal users, and for the community at large. We're also networking with all affected parties. Everyone wants to see justice here, and "everyone" here is a very very large group of people.

I hope people recognize this expense and effort we're expending to seek justice isn't just about OUR bitcoin. We could've easily taken what's left of the fund, put it toward dev or put it in our pocket and walked away from all this calamity. Instead we're heading dead-on into the eye of the storm and hoping to make an example of "bad actors" like this in the crypto space.

Looking forward to a resolution to this issue and also updates on the Syscoin road map.
Stick it to the man!
WORE

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:54:16 AM

guys SYS peopel are working on this coin [i knpw it for a fact] even tho they lost alot of BTCs due to moolah ceo scammer.
give tchem a break - they never stopped working on this and invested their own money while now they are at huge loss due to this looser.

SYS is not for pnd but for long term stuff imo. i cannot give anybody advice of what to do, but personally im just holding a pretty large amount and not even thinking of selling on this prices.

Price is dictated by supply and demand.  Now there is an obvious surplus.  One has to wonder if Moolah took the BTC they were supposed to sit on and put it in SYS.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:02:24 AM

im sure there were more than enough SYS on mintpal for him to dump to account for last few days volume without him having to buy more 2 dump!!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
7V3RD

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:03:40 AM

Hello everyone.

I have some questions that I'd like to ask the community here.

With my understanding, I will be making a listing with information in it (for example my PGP PubKey) then once, it is purchased, I would have to make another listing to sell another item. Also, say the price sky rockets and all of a sudden my item is severely overpriced, I could simply buy it myself to inactivate the listing and only be out the service fee for doing so. Am I misunderstanding anything here?

Also, has anyone had experience utilizing new line characters in their listings? I'm fearful that PGP might not work so well in the string bodies without the new line characters.

Last question for now, what would the community like to see here? High quality or Good bargains? or should I diversify my listings and offer both kinds of deals? The differences between them would be obvious if one was to buy a sample of both.

EDIT: Sorry, also, what info would the community like to see posted? I typically offer HQ pictures, my PGP PubKey, and information on shipping/handling times.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:18:47 AM

Hello everyone.

With my understanding, I will be making a listing with information in it (for example my PGP PubKey) then once, it is purchased, I would have to make another listing to sell another item. Also, say the price sky rockets and all of a sudden my item is severely overpriced, I could simply buy it myself to inactivate the listing and only be out the service fee for doing so. Am I misunderstanding anything here?

Also, has anyone had experience utilizing new line characters in their listings? I'm fearful that PGP might not work so well in the string bodies without the new line characters.

Last question for now, what would the community like to see here? High quality or Good bargains? or should I diversify my listings and offer both kinds of deals? The differences between them would be obvious if one was to buy a sample of both.

EDIT: Sorry, also, what info would the community like to see posted? I typically offer HQ pictures, my PGP PubKey, and information on shipping/handling times.
Until sys matures I think we might have to use fiat (USD) to show listings and convert on the fly once you confirm to buy etc... for this the wallet will need to have price feeds or you will have to run a tool to feed price to your wallet somehow... it centralizes the process so I dont like it but competitors use them too so I think its a good tradeoff until market matures.
7V3RD

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:32:10 AM

Until sys matures I think we might have to use fiat (USD) to show listings and convert on the fly once you confirm to buy etc...

True, sys does need a bit of maturing to have something stable and efficient going. I'm not terribly worried about stability though as I will be able to keep my profit margins throughout the highs and the lows to keep a semi-consistent price in sys. Which is why i brought up the option I will always have to finalize my own listings if it starts to get to rediculous.

for this the wallet will need to have price feeds or you will have to run a tool to feed price to your wallet somehow... it centralizes the process so I dont like it but competitors use them too so I think its a good tradeoff until market matures.

This would have to be built in by the dev's, would it not?

Also, worth noting, I wasn't planning on builing any kind of specialty software for this, or any kind of website, I was simply planning on using the sys marketplace as is, and will definitely be utilizing any sites/UI's built on it in the near future.
zhile11911

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:34:16 AM

sadly .  Angry

we trust dev and M, dev trust M , but we are all fucked and we are the loser.   Undecided

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:57:57 AM

Devs,

Moolah guys must be put into jail, this is for justice.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
7V3RD

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:04:11 AM

Keeping the denomination of these sales in sys is what I feel will drive the demand to buy that many sys, regardless of what the current price is.

Granted, I am a vendor yes, but my interest here is in syscoin. I'd like to make a bit of profit on these sales, but I'm more interested in creating some upwards pressure on the markets by creating a bit of demand/interest for sys that is more than simply interest from investors/traders. Considering my existing position in sys, this will provide a better profit than simply buying in bulk and reselling on the marketplace.

What I'm doing here is also demonstrating the true capabilities of a decentralized marketplace. With no centeral server/website that the vendor/buyer has to access, it takes away a number of leverages LE will use to try and pin an identity. Stealth shipping is a peice of cake, so all that is left to worry about is how to turn the sys into $ without leaving a trace. This is obviously something I have thought out fairly intricately and have a plan for, but what I'm saying here is this is now the only issue a vendor faces when doing business if using a decentralized marketplace.

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned darkSYS. This is actually inaccurate. Sys has no need for dark anything, it is above all of that and just as it's headline states, the business is right on the blockchain. No "dark" server/website/additional software needed.

These capabilities (of a decentralized market) might seem subtle to readers here, and even to a large number of the investors, but I'd like to demonstrate how powerful this truly can be.

j4ce1

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:15:27 AM

Hello everyone.

I am pretty sure as the offer owner you can update the item to change the price as needed.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:08:22 AM

Until sys matures I think we might have to use fiat (USD) to show listings and convert on the fly once you confirm to buy etc...

True, sys does need a bit of maturing to have something stable and efficient going. I'm not terribly worried about stability though as I will be able to keep my profit margins throughout the highs and the lows to keep a semi-consistent price in sys. Which is why i brought up the option I will always have to finalize my own listings if it starts to get to rediculous.

for this the wallet will need to have price feeds or you will have to run a tool to feed price to your wallet somehow... it centralizes the process so I dont like it but competitors use them too so I think its a good tradeoff until market matures.

Also, worth noting, I wasn't planning on builing any kind of specialty software for this, or any kind of website, I was simply planning on using the sys marketplace as is, and will definitely be utilizing any sites/UI's built on it in the near future.

Yes it would be built in and something we are discussing... havent decided on best way forward with that yet.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 05:09:11 AM

Hello everyone.

I am pretty sure as the offer owner you can update the item to change the price as needed.
Thats inefficient and costly
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:11:51 AM

I can't disclose anything more but the fact we acted as soon as we did may have not only saved our BTC, but it may have saved Mintpal's BTC as well.

Wow. That is the best news I could hope to hear regarding this moolah debacle. I don't know if people understand the sheer importance of this statement!  I will resume buying, albeit at a faster pace.

Good work getting the legal team involved and not being greedy about the dev funds. There is a little thing called karma and I think it will look favorably on your actions this day.

JohnDorien

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 07:51:52 AM

This is what you are asking for: https://github.com/JohnDorien1/SysCoin-OfferPriceUpdate
You can define a USD value and set this script up as cron, it will update the SYS price accordingly.

Note it's not having any error handling yet, so if one of the 4 configured exchanges dies it may be faulty.
Consider the tool to be in beta stage!

As for the PGP Keys, I noticed on Linux commandline this is some trouble from time to time with the line breaks, but in the GUI wallet console it's handled correctly.
sphericon

Activity: 327

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:11:56 AM

This is what you are asking for: https://github.com/JohnDorien1/SysCoin-OfferPriceUpdate
You can define a USD value and set this script up as cron, it will update the SYS price accordingly.

Note it's not having any error handling yet, so if one of the 4 configured exchanges dies it may be faulty.
Consider the tool to be in beta stage!

As for the PGP Keys, I noticed on Linux commandline this is some trouble from time to time with the line breaks, but in the GUI wallet console it's handled correctly.

That's great. I hate how node nests those callbacks, perhaps async could be used to clean up code when adding in some error handling. Regardless, great start. Is the syscoin node library available for download somewhere? I just got into syscoin  and the idea of a marketplace inside the block chain is quite intriguing. I may have to set up a mock store just for grins.

JohnDorien

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:21:11 AM

You can install the node syscoin library either from github (github.com/syscoin/node-syscoin) or via npm install syscoin
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: